It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims to Find Oil in Oyster at Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yuck...link to the video provided below. I am not eating seafood for a long time. Sorry to all the fishermen. Sorry to the sushi places I love. I just think at some point someone is going to eat raw oil.

VIDEO LINK

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
WOW!

This has got to get out... I just tweeted and facebooked this to about 300 people...

Excellent find... well for you... not for the poor guy looking to slurp down some yummy oysters.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
YES

fisherman will fish.

You guys are *SNIP* Americans I try to help but now apparently i'm the bad guy!

so I guess choke on an oil shrimp or oyster not my problem anymore!

thanks for the support!

Mod Edit: Removed profanity. Please read: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors.

[edit on June 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Although i am not surprised that this happened, it was bound to sooner or later, I am a bit skeptical at the moment if this is real crude from the gulf or if the oil or/and the oyster originated somewhere else.

even though the owner seemed to agree i would like to see the results of the tests that they should be doing on that substance.

either way great find and thank you for bringing it here.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
YES

fisherman will fish.

You guys are FU*(&d Americans I try to help but now apparently i'm the bad guy!

thanks for the support!

ooh wait a minute... not your problem?

I thought you were arrested and had your laptop stolen and are working on a report due out in August?

Not your problem?

Yeah I was right to dub your thread a fail I guess..

link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
YES

fisherman will fish.

thanks for the support!

"Oh waiter- Bitter, table of one?"

Welcome to ATS, Mr. binladen. Inside one week and you're throwing in the towel in disgust. Classic!

ON TOPIC- I'm not suprised that petroleum was found in someones seafood, I'm just amazed it already is happening. All the way to NC, too.

Man.

Cuhail

link   
Ick, This goes to show how the oil spill can affect others that are not close to the gulf. All seafood restaurants will be affected to some degree and some people may become sick from ingesting oil they didn't see. I know I am not going to go to one and will be very careful when buying seafood at the grocery store.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

exactly what are you talking about when you say:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

im wondering JBL if u have been hitting the wine again a bit to hard, im not just throwing that out there , JBL has been known to make comments like this in the past and then blame it on alchohol..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
i just dont understand what your post has to do at all with this thread, could you please elaborate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
To the Op im very interested if they actually do plan on analyzing the substance, have you found any other links for this story?

~meathead

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I did a little more searching and found out THE EXPERTS charged with keeping us safe are doing their job. Just listen to these EXPERTS talk about how great their procedures are and nobody need worry. Everything is safe and the government is on the job.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK, everyone relax and let this topic continue.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
People have no idea where their seafood is coming from. This is paranoia at its best. Those oysters could of come from China. Seafood doesn't only exist in the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well that is a very scientific approach. Do you have some sort of probability graph that shows distribution of oysters? How probable is it to get oil into an oyster from China if there is no oil spill in China? Or is it more likely the Oyster came from the Gulf?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have ten bucks that says it is mud. Or, remember the finger in the chili? Someone trying to get on tv.

Do I seriously need to show you a map where oysters live?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It would not surprise me if there is some oil-soaked seafood out there, but are we sure the oysters at issue were contaminated with oil?

Oysters like on the bottom of the ocean in the muck and grime. Even "healthy" oysters may be covered with some dirty or dark colored residue. Is it possible the dark residue in the video is just dirt and not oil?

I know you may be thinking that the person eating the oysters and the restaurant serving the oysters both say the residue is oil, so it must be oil. However, people have been known to lie. How do we know that the restaurant owner is not going to try and sue somebody for lost revenues on account of oily oysters? What about the guy that ate the oysters?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Well that is a very scientific approach. Do you have some sort of probability graph that shows distribution of oysters? How probable is it to get oil into an oyster from China if there is no oil spill in China? Or is it more likely the Oyster came from the Gulf?

The Kernel isn't saying it is but couldn't this also be corporate sabotage? Seafood industries are going to take a BIG hit. Closings and layoffs are on the way. What if another country would like to help that on, just a bit?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I have ten bucks that says it is mud. Or, remember the finger in the chili? Someone trying to get on tv.

Do I seriously need to show you a map where oysters live?

I'll take bet and since I WIN how do i collect my money SINCE this type of seafood isn't readily available in the USA and if SO FARMED!!

sheesh.....

please donate my money towards the Pelican fund (whatever charity)

THANKYOU

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sometimes the obvious is just the Obvious.

A family goes to a restaurant to have seafood (Oysters) which were most likely supplied from the GOM. The oyster one of the family member's ordered contained an oily tar substance which is consistent with the BP Oil spill......as I said...sometimes the obvious is just that...obvious!

The young man certainly appeared believable to me...let's see what else turns up on a plate soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
People have no idea where their seafood is coming from. This is paranoia at its best. Those oysters could of come from China. Seafood doesn't only exist in the Gulf.

Did you watch the video?

Apparently not...

They talked to the owner... he admitted this was happening... and why... I'm sure the owner knows where the heck his seafood is coming from...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join