It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Labor Chief: Illegals Have a Right to Fair Wages

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Illegals Have a Right to free transportation out of the country

Second line: and a free cheese sandwich

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Illegals Have a Right to free transportation out of the country

Second line: and a free cheese sandwich

They will keep coming back as long as businesses will hire them. The real guilty party is not the illegals, but the businesses which break the law to hire them out of greed.

Yes, I have heard the sob stories about farms and other businesses not being able to hire Americans to do the work. but perhaps if they paid a legal wage instead of $50 for 10 to 12 hours of work they would find Americans willing to do the work.

I worked in Indiana corn fields during the summers of my teen years. I know for fact Americans use to do farm jobs for a fair wage. No way would I have done for a fraction of minimum wage.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I'm here in SE Kansas now... farm work is not what it once was... all that fancy heavy equipment takes training and special skills... they pay pretty darn good too...

now look at county and state road work... you better speak Spanish if you want to run a crew... in fact I was thinking of going over to the courthouse and offering my translation skills... that pays pretty good too ya know

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The problem is, he said, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform," Kyl said, as the crowd in the room gasped loudly. "In other words, they're holding it hostage."
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Surely Hilda Solis doesnt let her hispanic nationality factor into this at all right?

Anyone who believes that is just as stupid as she is.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Surely brainwrek doesnt let his anglo nationality factor into this at all right?

Anyone who believes that is just as stupid as he is.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Please tell me where the 14th amendment includes "fair wages" into 'life, liberty, or property without due process'

That means that anything they bring into this country, you cannot take away without due cause.

That means you can't kill them just for being illegal.

That means you can't bond them into slavery.

Nowhere in your argument anywhere does it say that liberties include the right to work, much less the right to fair compensation for work.

Fact - It is illegal for non citizens to engage in gainful employment.
Fact - Illegal aliens are, by law, required to be deported upon discovery
Fact - Illegal aliens are unable to bring civil lawsuits to court
Fact - Employing illegal aliens is a federal crime

Enforcement of minimum wage legislature is trumped by laws that enforce the above.

Let them file for rightful compensation.
Failure to deport them, charge the employers, and/or allowing them to file a civil suit to receive proper compensation is a direct violation of ABOVE STATED LAWS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Surely brainwrek doesnt let his anglo nationality factor into this at all right?

Anyone who believes that is just as stupid as he is.

Whether you like it or not, race does play a part in terms of hispanic politicians supporting open borders and opposing any attempt to rectify the problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Of course ones background will influence ones support of one or the other side of an issue. I just wanted to point out the error in what you wrote. Neither hispanic or anglo are nationalities. You are both US citizens and if the polls mean anything even US citizens of latin american origin are against illegal immigration.

I would say that if she is standing behind this it could be because she is a "good" politician who is standing behind her parties agenda. She might wanna round up all the illegals and ship them home but she ain't gonna say that cause it would be political suicide.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are certainly correct that anyone in this country has certain rights. I'd love to know where there is anywhere the right to any level of compensation of anything what so ever.

By the way, that goes for American citizens as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
Fact - Illegal aliens are unable to bring civil lawsuits to court

Someone forgot to inform the court that handed down this decision.

An illegal immigrant with a long rap sheet got a $145,000 parting gift from New York City taxpayers before he was deported, after city lawyers decided his civil rights had been violated when he was held too long on Rikers Island.

Federal rules allow local law enforcement to detain suspected illegal immigrants for 48 hours after their criminal cases are resolved, to give Immigration and Customs Enforcement a chance to pick them up and move them to federal facilities.

Illegal immigrant's 145G 'deport gift'

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The illegal did not in fact bring that suit. The ACLU brought the suit on behalf of the illegal.

Same outcome, different process

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
not only are many illegals not payed a fair wage that i agree if they were payed prevailing wages for the area would remove the reason for companies hiring them in the first place.

but by hiring illegal these companies also many times pay under the table robbing the state and federal government of tax money that in the long run the American taxpayers have to pay.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Do you guys that are so against illegal immigration ever think things through??

Tell me...if employers were FORCED to pay "fair wages" to all employees...even undocumented ones...what do you think that would do to illegal immigration? Increase it or decrease it? Why do employers hire illegal immigrants in the first place?

Sometimes I think people want to complain about everything...just to have something to do.

Um, I'm wondering if YOU bothered to think things through.
Employers are forced to pay a "Fair wage", it's called the MINIMUM WAGE! They are also forced to hire LEGAL employees. This is done through the I-9 form. Simply hiring an illegal alien is ILLEGAL! Employers have already demonstrated their propensity for breaking the law by hiring an ILLEGAL alien. Yet somehow you are of the opinion that layering another law regarding wages for illegals that the problem will get solved!? What are you smoking???

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Americans are not jobless in record numbers. Stop the sensationalism. This is the great recession, not the Great Depression. And I have grandparents that can explain the difference.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
oh my god they have no right to be here to begin with! so how can you say they have a right to our money????? this administration is going to blow the borders wide open

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Hulk Hogan]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by daskakik

The illegal did not in fact bring that suit. The ACLU brought the suit on behalf of the illegal.

Same outcome, different process

The ACLU could not have done anything had the illegal not had the rights to begin with. At least that is how I understand it but there's always more to learn.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They have the right to GTFO. Stop killing the U.S.A. We do not have enough jobs for all those people. The cup has runneth over and over and over again. A person with no job to feed themselves or pay bills ends up on the street to only prostitution, sell drugs, or steal. FAIR WAGES? WHAT, ARE THEY KIDDING, THEY ARE ILLEGALS. Bring them all over to the peoples houses that say illegals deserve a fair wage. They can feed them and house them all at their house. OKKKKK.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sooooooo. You don't think that people deserve fair wages regardless of who they are?

Interesting. Is this like that Leviticus thing were it is okay to own only people from neighbouring nations, but not your own? Kinda like that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join