It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Labor Chief: Illegals Have a Right to Fair Wages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well its just about official. This retard in the White House has no plans to do anything about illegal immigration.

I had previously thought that GWB set the bar for failure as a President. In just a year and a half, Obama has redefined the word failure and keeps on aiming high.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sad. Very sad. But then again, what's the point of being stupid if you can't prove it at least once a day?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
well i agree with her too. Everyone should have the rights to fair wage.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
EVERYONE should? Why do illegals have ANY rights? I just don't
understand this mentality at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I agree with you. Everyone deserves a fair wage......................

IN the country they HAIL from! Americans are jobless in record numbers and I want those jobs to go to LEGAL citizens of THIS country!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this crap turns my stomach.
They can't be here legally
but they have a right to fair wages
here.

That's like a doctor visiting
a patient's family saying,
he has cancer and it's killing him
but we're not gonna operate
cuz the cancer is curing his asthma.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
To expand on that rationale:

Kidnappers have the right to demand compensation for the lodging and meals they provide to thier hostages.

Drug dealers should be receive overtime pay and hazard pay for working dangerous neighborhoods late at night.

Counterfiters should be able to deduct their material costs on their income taxes.

Pedophiles can claim deductions on their 1040 if they provide a certain level of financial support for their victims.

Etc.

Just because you're involved in an illegal enterprise doesn't mean that you're not entitled to the legal benefits afforded to those who make their living through legal means.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

You know who has rights in this country?

Natural Born Citizens or Legal Citizens

Not illegals immigrants, not terrorists, etc.

Hearing about this crap and giving terrorists fair trials...
I probably makes me more mad than I can handle.

I can't believe this is even supported.
If you can't take the time to become a citizen in this country, you don't deserve our rights. (which are dwindling down to nothing)

There is NO gray area here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
on second thought

there might be a hidden agenda here:

they get the illegal to come forward
telling of whom their employers are
and the employer gets busted for hiring
illegals.

Illegal out of a job
Employer in jail

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What is a fair wage?

Any amount you agree to work for.

They already receive fair wages.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ugh, another pointless debate that will not change anyone's mind.

The thing that you are all missing is that if corporations were forced to pay 'illegals' (oh, how i love that term) a standard wage THEY WOULD NO LONGER HIRE THEM.

The reason undocumented workers are hired is because it saves corporations money. Take that savings away and it will no longer be an issue.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You're right! I hadn't thought of it from that perspective! If illegals and legal citizens get the exact same wage it's not worth it to employers to break the law to hire illegals. Good point.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Technically, illegals don't have any rights afforded by any laws in this country. They technically cannot own property, get a license, nor can they bring suit in a court of law.

It's supposed to be that way because it works in reverse for them. What you don't know is that the most they can do to an illegal alien is deport them. They cannot arrest unless it's a capitol offense. So anything less than a felony they are basically immune to. Ship them back, then they catch the next bus back home.

If the federal government is going to extend rights afforded to legally employed citizens of this country, then the borders do not exist. If the borders do not exist, then we are not a country. If we are not a country then the government and all it's decisions are null and void.

If the feds want to ignore the people of this country, then I think it's time we ignore them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
EVERYONE should? Why do illegals have ANY rights? I just don't
understand this mentality at all.

You live in a country that believes that every human has god given rights. All men are created equal. Yes even illegals.

Recognizing these inalienable rights is part of what makes America America. It's the mentality that your country was founded upon.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

inalienable rights do NOT include minimum wage laws.

Basically they have the right to live, and not be shot on sight for trespassing. Beyond that, the courts do not cover them. The moment they do, the states need to question the sovereignty of the feds.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by daskakik

inalienable rights do NOT include minimum wage laws.

Basically they have the right to live, and not be shot on sight for trespassing. Beyond that, the courts do not cover them. The moment they do, the states need to question the sovereignty of the feds.

I believe inalienable rights are those set forth in your Declaration of Independence. Life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. From this stems the Constituition, Bill of Rights and every other law in your country.

What do you mean the courts don't cover them? I have known of illegals that have been arrested, found guilty and sentenced to county jail or prison and deported only after they have served their sentence.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just do not understand how anyone who is breaking the law by being here in the first place is said to deserve a fair wage.

THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE in the first place!

Its like passing a law that gives a home intruder the right to sit down and eat a meal before the home owner is allowed to chase him out or call the police. We do not want the poor home intruder to have to be chased out while having an empty stomach do we?

UH-OH!!! I may have just given some lawmakers the idea of a new law here. I wouldn't be surprised ONE BIT any more.

*SIGH*

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

She should be forced to resign immediately.

What she is suggesting is that the government is supportive and will facilitate the breaking of both federal and state laws.

There are federal laws on the books which prohibit business from hiring illegals. There is no way that her comment suggests anything other than the government's support of employers breaking that law.

She should resign and perhaps be charged with facilitating a criminal conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Do you guys that are so against illegal immigration ever think things through??

Tell me...if employers were FORCED to pay "fair wages" to all employees...even undocumented ones...what do you think that would do to illegal immigration? Increase it or decrease it? Why do employers hire illegal immigrants in the first place?

Sometimes I think people want to complain about everything...just to have something to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
Why do illegals have ANY rights?

Because they are PEOPLE.

Originally posted by havok
You know who has rights in this country?

Natural Born Citizens or Legal Citizens

You are mistaken. All people have rights in this country.

Originally posted by PayMeh
Technically, illegals don't have any rights afforded by any laws in this country.

You are wrong.

Often described as a "living document," the Constitution has repeatedly been interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, federal appeals courts and Congress in order to address the ever-changing needs and demands of the people. While many argue that "We the People of the United States," refers only to legal citizens, the Supreme Court has consistently disagreed.

Source1

14th Amendment:

"Nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law;

Paying people slave wages is wrong in this country.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join