It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Labor Chief: Illegals Have a Right to Fair Wages

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Do you guys that are so against illegal immigration ever think things through??

Tell me...if employers were FORCED to pay "fair wages" to all employees...even undocumented ones...what do you think that would do to illegal immigration? Increase it or decrease it? Why do employers hire illegal immigrants in the first place?

Sometimes I think people want to complain about everything...just to have something to do.

Geez OutKast, that's an easy one.

If employers were forced to pay fair wages to illegals, they would ship the jobs out of this country as they have been doing for the last 20 years. Therefore, legal and illegal immigration would decrease due to an accompanied decrease in available employment for all seeking employment in this country.

Heck, a BA/BS degree is worth almost nothing these days. I pity those without a high school diploma - citizens, legals, or illegals.

Employers hire illegals because they are concerned only about the almighty dollar and could give a turd as to how it effects the country as a whole. These employers should be jailed. This is the main cause of illegal immigration.

I have lived in "Al Lay" since 1953 and have seen how illegal immigration has destroyed our communities, schools, hospitals, prisons, the court system, and California's economy. Almost 90% of all reported crimes in the San Fernando Valley are committed by illegal aliens. This FACT straight from LAPD.

This is why I complain about illegal immigration and it doesn't have anything to do with me needing something to complain about. All I have to do is walk out my front door!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey guys, Im all for illegal immigration issues being taken care of but we need to stop the hypocricy.

We all b!..h and complain about it yet we cant stop hiring them when we need cheap labor.

Im in the military and live in a military installation. Lately, the community has been getting a facelift. Guess who is actually doing the lifting? Yeap, immigrants.

When was the last time anybody on here seen an american (Not Black or hispanic) picking fruit off the fields?

Economy being bad, no jobs. Its all BS. immigrants do it for dirt cheap and americans would not do it b/ they are too "proud" to work any field.

Please stop complaining when even our government is supporting them being here by giving them good jobs with low pay. Im all for them, they work their butts off.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I believe that all legal citizens have a right to fair wages.

Please point out where minimum wage laws address illegal employment.

The act of employment is an illegal act on both the part of the employer and the employee.

By your logic a pimp could be brought up on charges if his prostitute only made 3 dollars an hour.

Oh no, you won't agree with that because prostitution is an illegal venture.

SO IS EMPLOYING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

For Christ's sake, immigrants with green cards are deported for trying to get jobs.

Is it just me, or has ATS been overrun with shills who have been indoctrinated to think this way, or has this site been overrun by people this ignorant of law?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tnewguy

No one is attacking African Americans or hispanics for crying out loud....

This site is going to give me an aneurism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illegal immigrants could be little blue people from the north pole. If there were millions of them here illegally we'd all be saying the same mo********ing go*****mn same thing about them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by endtimer
Why do illegals have ANY rights?

Because they are PEOPLE.

Originally posted by havok
You know who has rights in this country?

Natural Born Citizens or Legal Citizens

You are mistaken. All people have rights in this country.

Originally posted by PayMeh
Technically, illegals don't have any rights afforded by any laws in this country.

You are wrong.

Often described as a "living document," the Constitution has repeatedly been interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, federal appeals courts and Congress in order to address the ever-changing needs and demands of the people. While many argue that "We the People of the United States," refers only to legal citizens, the Supreme Court has consistently disagreed.

Source1

14th Amendment:

"Nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law;

Paying people slave wages is wrong in this country.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

BH. I am firmly against illegal immigration, of any kind, for any reason.

But I find that I cannot find fault in anything you have said regarding your post. It separates the wheat from the chaff. In fact I couldn't have said it better.

14th Amendment:

"Nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law;

That pretty much say it all whether you like it or not.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tnewguy

Has nothing to do with pride, just Americans demand fair compensation for labor.

If I am going to break my back for you, your gonna pay me for it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thats cool, keep demanding fair compensation from your couch while they get paid that "Unfair Compensation".

No we know why so many are unemployed.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Tnewguy]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Guy, you serious? Be honest here and dont play yourself. When people talk illegal immigrants they're talking about mexicans.

Dont worry, im not mexican.

Not hispanic or black. If youre going to be fake at least admit that when you talk about immigrants youre talking mexicans.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The law stipulates not that the illegal has no standing in the law, but rather that he can not bring suit against the government to claim such standing nor request remediation from the government for a violation of that standing.

A third party is under no such restraint and unfortunately can in fact bring suit based on the standing, that while he has, is unable to sue to obtain.

Makes no sense, but thats the law

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

YEH, I DO BELIEVE PEOPLE DESERVE FAIR WAGES. I also beleive we have to many people competing for jobs, so i say no more immigration from anywhere on the globe. CLOSE THE BORDERS NOW.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Thanks for the info dolphinfan. This does mean that any and all illegals could have a lawyer bring suit which is what most people would do anyway illegal or not.

Doesn't make it any less backwards.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I don't think so. It has to be a third party that brings the suit on behalf of the illegal. It is without a doubt the same thing, but it can't just be an illegal hiring an attorney. Now the illegal could contact a pressure group and ask him to take the case up and that works.

Again, it makes no sense

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Does anyone else think this could actualy help?

If employers were forced to pay illegals the same wages, then wouldnt that take away ANY reason to hire them?

Their hired for CHEAP wages, am I not right?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Reminds me of the requirement for a green card where you had to prove you had been living in the states illegally so many years before being eligible for legalization. After all the paper work was in order you had to leave voluntarily which would drop anything against you and you would get your green card from the embassy in your country.

Now there are all these people yelling illegal is illegal but not so long ago it was the requiement to being legal.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by brainwrek

You know who has rights in this country?

Natural Born Citizens or Legal Citizens

Not illegals immigrants, not terrorists, etc.

Hearing about this crap and giving terrorists fair trials...
I probably makes me more mad than I can handle.

I can't believe this is even supported.
If you can't take the time to become a citizen in this country, you don't deserve our rights. (which are dwindling down to nothing)

There is NO gray area here.

At the risk of derailing this thread, how can you say anyone doesn't deserve a fair trial? That is part of what makes this country great.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tnewguy

The race card being played in action!

Considering over half of the illegal aliens in the United States are Mexican, I'd say YES, it is referring to Mexicans moreso than others.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think some of you are missing the point here.

The problem is, illegals are coming here and being treated like slaves. They are paid far below minimum wage.

Which is part of the problem. If employers are able to hire someone illegally and pay them crap, without any problems from the government, this slave labor market will continue, and illegals will still come here, no matter how many you catch and deport, they will be replaced by other illegals. If companies were forced to comply with labor laws and make sure that each and every employee is a legal hire, you wouldn't have as much of an illegal immigration problem.

My suggestion is to shut down companies that hire illegal immigrants, shut them down permanently, and put the owners of these companies in federal prison for 10 years per illegal they hire.

Same with people who rent to illegals, you confiscate their property and put them in federal prison for 10 years per illegal they rent to. Make the penalty so high for doing any business with illegals, and no one will do business with illegals, and you will see the problem decrease drastically.

Or, you can just bitch about it, and send rednecks and Neo Nazis to patrol the border.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
...translation for the impaired...

...-1- no one has a right to make anyone a slave...

...-2- the people who are at fault for the illegal immigration problem are citizens of the usofa who have hired illegal immigrants...

...-3- if illegals couldnt find work here, they wouldnt come...

...there - so simple that an elementary aged kid can grasp it...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
AAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

REALLLY?!?!?!? How can this person be allowed to remain in office? TRAITOR!

Our country is lost!

It's a good time if you're the 'crazy lone gunman' type. The nation is filled with enough traitors in power to keep one gainfully employed for years.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

My previous post was my initial reaction to the video that I had to get out or risk a combination stroke-seizure-aneurysm-heart attack. After reading the comments, I see I needed to add more.

Even if illegals got 'paid' the same amount as Americans or legal immigrants, it wouldn't stop them from hiring illegals. Paying under the table, without benefits, overtime etc still make illegals the better deal.

I don't think that people are missing the point by not addressing that when being outraged at this woman and her message. The fact that the government is saying that illegals have rights related to pay is ridiculous. They are entitled to nothing. In fact, in any other situation, I would be appalled by unfair treatment, dangerous or deplorable working conditions, or the analogy to slave labor. I am more in favor of employers using and abusing them. They want to come here and abuse the system and transform America into one big barrio, I say abuse them back; make it so miserable for them they do leave. Go back and clean up whatever mess they came from, we are too busy trying to clean up the problems we have.

I have made my points on here before regarding immigration reform; About fixing the anchor baby situation, cutting the illegals off of the government tit, deportation and serious fines/imprisonment for businesses who hire illegals. If the government wont address those issues, I take some solace in the idea that they are taken advantage of.

This woman should have her name and face plastered on the news and everywhere until she resigns or is fired. Of course, we all know this president, his cabinet and administration want this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join