It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wouldn't the next obvious step in all of this be to actually try and develop these abilities in house, as a group?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Well, that can actually be a little dangerous. With so many people around, some will want to show off their abilities, and go beyond what they know they can control, which will lead to some people being hurt.

Or, some may not be able to control their powers at all yet, and just as before, that can hurt people, too.

A third reason is the issue of conflicting energy, power types, elements, emotions, etc. that can create a "power maelstrom", as i call it, which is basically like an invisible energy/power hurricane which is VERY bad.

Not only that, but there are just some people that always have to put down others for their lack of skill, and this can lead to a lack of confidence and self esteem, which leads to self doubt, and ultimately, lack of control.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The best part of your statement is that it gives a lot of reasons not to do it, while implying we still should.

We can divide this into sub-groups tracking different scientific methods, religious systems, arcane disciplines, what have you and so on. Document attempts to create super powers through one of those established means and then try to verify the results. It could be rather fascinating. Sure, someone might jump off a building thinking they can fly. People do that all the time but not all of them do it for science.

For the sake of all humanity right?
edit on 22-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Exactly! You understand!

I am simply warning people of the dangers, while still saying it's a good idea.

Doing group work is a good idea. For me, it's just the fact of being able to see that there are others like me, and not just figments of a delusional imagination

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How would we track and collect evidence? Webcam? Photos? Journal Entries?

I imagine that the "system" by which the participant tries to gain super-powers is up to them, but it should be noted as well as any other pertinent information. Considering the dangerous nature of some of this material, it might also be a good idea to work with a partner (via skype or just im) if necessary.

Hmm...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The best way would be to keep a video journal of everything that is going on at the time. With that, you could keep track of what happens. However, you either need to have everybody doing different things, or the exact same thing, so that there is no confusion of who is doing what at what time.

Also, what do you mean by "system of gaining powers"?
edit on 23-1-2013 by AbandonedKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well you would have to look at it much like the comic book grouping of super heroes and their power base.

Obviously, certain areas would be too advanced, but many others aren't.

For example
Alchemy

Might be more your style, while someone else might prefer...
Inner Power
(Some trippy 'powers' are repeatedly referenced in this series)
Magecraft
(Deals heavily with the summoning of angels/demons)
Psionics
(Telepathy and the Sort)
Neural Hacking
(for budding Mad Scientist types)
Lost Artifacts
(Some of the oldest stories entailed a Hero finding an ancient or lost object of power. For the Indiana Jones in all of us)

edit on 23-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Ah. OK. Well, I honestly doubt that you will find an artifact that will give you powers, but sure. Go ahead and look, if you want. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. Honestly, the easiest, fastest, and the most accesible to humans would be psionics, which after many years of training turns into pyrokinesis, electrokinesis, etc. That would be the best bet.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You know what? You should really register onto www.vsociety.net.... They could really use you!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
John Curtis Gowan discussed exotic abilities within humans in his book, Operations of Increasing Order (1980). Large excerpts of the book used to be on CSU Northridge but they took it down recently. It was very eyebrow raising, especially considering the author. It's a pity because it was both interesting and slightly disturbing at the same time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
John Curtis Gowan discussed exotic abilities within humans in his book, Operations of Increasing Order (1980). Large excerpts of the book used to be on CSU Northridge but they took it down recently. It was very eyebrow raising, especially considering the author. It's a pity because it was both interesting and slightly disturbing at the same time.

I just relocated a source for Gowan's works. His son, thankfully, is hosting them via zip file here: www.johnagowan.org...

John Curtis Gowan's works are located towards the bottom of the page. Very happy that he is hosting them because they are some curious reads.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Interesting, downloading now.

Heh and know what, can't believe i forgot the Martial Arts!

Perhaps Tai Chi is your style?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Nope, shotakan karate, jiu jitsu, and a blender baby of military hand to hand that I learned from my grandfather.

Enjoy the book Again, it's Order of Increasing Operations. It's a really pretty interesting perspective written by a man who was the founder of both the National Association of Gifted Children and a member of the founding faculty at California State Univ, Northridge. His credentials really make it even more fascinating really.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just came across this...pretty neat stuff...and check out the host!
Becoming a super hero

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
I just came across this...pretty neat stuff...and check out the host!
Becoming a super hero

The host doesn't surprise me actually. If you see the tagline on the upper left for the page, it says "question everything". That is pretty much the tagline that I recall from the gifted program that I was in as a kid (along with OMNI magazine, lol). I suspect the whole idea behind "question everything" was to essentially break ourselves out of society's self-imposed boxes of thinking. I find it very interesting to see both Liberty Media and Newscorp pushing a lot of things over the last few years that influenced gifted education decades ago. Although I don't normally watch tv, I have watched a few of the shows that have been put out as of late out of sheer curiosity's sake and it's peculiar to see things that I learned in my specific program being put to fictionalized tv drama, lol. Some of it, like Fringe, seems to be pulling their ideas from the Creativity movement.

Did you get through Operations of Increasing Order yet?
edit on 28/1/13 by WhiteAlice because: clarified a sentence

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
These powers are never as shown in films. As occult consultant I have been asked many times how to develop psychic power. My advice is:
1. buy or make a scrying mirror, crystal ball, or black bowl to fill with water.
2. use it for scrying.
3. keep doing it
That is the only advice I can give here.

I can answer more questions from my web page as mentioned in my profile or I am on twitter S_ROB_

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

By psychic power, do you mean psionics and that stuff?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

That book is definitely a rarety and im glad you posted it. There is a lot of informations that will be usefull. A simple name could allow great advancements! I have been aware of the Siddhis for some time so its not really new. Kinda disappointed because i hoped to find more about them. Im equally interested in ESP and others senses or synesthesia. The women that can see with her fingertips...! priceless

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Progress will be faster if you stop thinking of these things as super abilities and just as a normal part of life. Also sometimes a better strategy would be to think of a way for an ordinary person to win/ get what they want. Because everyone makes mistakes.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Actually, youre right. they actually are a part of normal life. Everyone has the ability to learn to do it, and all the "equipment" necessary. Most people just don't know they can do it, and so believe they can't.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join