It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers."
These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality
But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?
I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.
Originally posted by AbandonedKid
reply to post by Nevertheless
Let's see: Veritas, Shifted Perspectives, and there was one more web site that I forgot the name of. I'll update later on that one. Thats three from just the sites that I visit alot. Just page one of Google.
There won't be a documented source in history because people who know this stuff were usually hunted down, branded witches, and killed. So it's no wonder nobody wanted to say they are psions. Just saying.
How do we know that such things are impossible?
Their tests are thrown out for being "published by an unreliable source."
I believe that yes, it is old, people were just afraid to show themselves for fear of being killed.
This is helping people out of their predicaments of "do i be called insane, or do I hide what I am?" Not a good feeling, I say...
Don't get me wrong. I am not attacking you. I am simply defending our beliefs. I'm sorry if this offends you. But it is necessary.edit on 20-5-2013 by AbandonedKid because: (no reason given)