It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Drug & Alcohol Testing to get Unemployment Benefits

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

you should be able to declare that your a drug addict when your working and be exempt from paying into unemployment insurance since that when you get canned you don't qualify. it's only fair.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If they just got rid of unemployment benefits this wouldn't be a problem.

Worried about being laid off? Save money! Or perhaps have private sector unemployment insurance.

Or you could take the position that there should be a "public option" for all forms of insurance. Why does the government protect you against the catastrophe of losing your job, but not the catastrophe of crashing your car?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
After a while, you have to understand that enough is enough, I know that there aren't that many jobs out there. It's rough finding a job at this point. But you can't stay on the dole forever.

At first, your employer pays insurance on you in the event that you are dismissed from your job through no fault of your own. This, should not be subject to drug testing. Once you cross from your job to state unemployment perhaps you should be subject to random drug screening.

You should also be required to submit a set amount of verifiable applications each and every week. Showing that you in fact did apply for work.

Once you go federal, the above should be mandatory. The cost deducted from your benefits.

I think that if you have been unemployed for over two years, at this point you should either be working to get a better education, or start your own business.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Too many people in this country love to pry into the lives of others for some reason. Everyone loves to regulate what others do in the privacy of their own homes. I just don't get it.

All drug testing is about is creating a database of drug users. Safety is just a convenient excuse to implement it.

Look at the science behind urine testing for cannabis. It specifically searches for usage in the past and completely ignores whether you are or are not currently affected.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mailman05

You hit the nail on the head. I also believe that if we, as working citizens, have to be drug tested, then those on welfare, should have no qualms against doing it as well. I do feel bad for those who truly can't find work. Been there, done that. Or those who are too disabled to work. But living in New Mexico, I see every scenario you just mentioned. The girls who keep having babies, just to keep getting the checks, with which to party while grandma watches them. I too have seen the ones who show off a brand new tattoo, when you know they're not working, or that they're "disabled." You can try and report them all you want, but most times, around here anyway, nothing gets done. I know one guy, he used to be my friend...he's still draining the system on disability benefits, while he goes out and gets drunk and high every week. We are no longer friends, because I can't respect what he's doing. I have reported him, with nothing still being done. I've given up. I guess Karma will catch up with him. But it just irks me that I work hard and bust my hump, to make ends meet, I gotta be drug tested...But not this guy. Must be nice...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I believe that perhaps many politicians sit around and take pay from the American citizens. That if they want to test people for drug and alcohol useage in order to receive unemployment benefits that it needs to go both ways.

Those who demand testing for others need to take the tests first. Actually many people proposed this years ago for politicians. We have dibs on them.

I do not collect but I do hear that there are too many rules going on, that people could be working but if do they will make less then unemployment pays. Take those rules out and you have people that work and help reduce the pay they are receiving from unemployment. Until then let them do as they please, the politicians do and with their jobs they really really should be being tested monthly.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I'm all for it.
You cannot job search all hung over and sloppy.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Tests or no tests. People are still going to do drugs. Its not like there arent ways 'around' that.
People are not going to let a test stop them from doing what they want to do in life.
End of story.

Happy Late Fathers Day Fathers!

Edit To Add-- I think people have been getting a little too Law crazy lately.
Too many stupid laws already.
Lets enforce the ones we are not enforcing first, and get rid of the ones that just dont make sense or are out dated. Thats the only way.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Then aptly apply it to Bar-rack Hus-sein Obama (Barry Soe-tero) who smokes tobacco, cigarretes, eats tlesh, has beer summits for the public outside while being PRIVATE/privy to eat -ate) while he knows he is supposed to be a GOOD role model, like being commander of the ATF (ALCOHOL,TOBACCO, FIREARMS). Corruption.

It is all a mockery. Some beings just don't get the wisdom, comprehension, knowledge, data.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You know when it comes to money, a lot of you Americans are the meanest SOB's in the world, my God you just love your money.
Well not to worry, in 3 to 6 months you will all be unemployed, you will all be tested, you will be experiencing it from the coal face instead of the comfort of your computers.
You are so middle class America it makes me want to hurl, "oh them working class people they're all lazy drug taking good for nothings that's why they're poor" geez you people need to get off your high horse.
Arbeit macht frei. Work makes you free. But where are all the jobs?

From what i have seen on this thread, many of you will make great FEMA camp guards.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think discussing the merits of such legislation is moot.

There is no way to discern whether or not unemployment benefits are being abused unless the alleged "abuser's" life is put under a rather unconstitutional -- and albeit uncomfortable -- bureaucratic microscope.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
hmmm...

1. i can think of no respectable job where drinking enough booze to impair your duties is allowed, therefore i don't care if i'm tested and it is not an encroachment of your personal life because you yourself brought your personal problems to a place where they should not be.

2. drugs are illegal (currently)

3. if you spend your unemployment on drugs/booze then you obviously can't handle a job, or your own money, and shouldn't be given any more hand outs.
what your state decides to do with you next is another matter that you should have considered before you poisoned your body to fill in the failings and faults in your life, which obviously makes everything better.

if you think drug/booze testing is outrageous, then you need to take the first step and admit you have an addiction problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I think that this is a good thing. I don't want somebody spending my hard earned money on drugs while they are on unemployment.

Well, I am currently unemployed, I was made redundant,
In september they say I can no longer have any more money because I have not made enough contributions when I was working

The money I am claiming now is MY money that I paid in when I was working
So I'll spend it on whatever the hell I like thanks very much

Cano - ON!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, I think that everyone here is losing sight of the real injustice; DRUG TESTING. Just because some old actor said as he was president that he would not hire anyone who smoked pot, and got all the Conservatives on board to actually make it a mandate, doesn't make it right at all. Since when was it the business of employers and/or government to have a say in our private lives? If I show up to work, ready to work, then you have no business wondering or even questioning what I did the night before...PERIOD. It is none of their friggin business what I did the night before as long as I didn't hurt anybody, steal from anybody, or cause through my actions either of the above to take place.

Now they want to start testing people before they can draw benefits that they, (said persons), accumulated at the Unemployment Commission!!!

WTF. All those here that agree to drug testing at all are warped. A person under the influence isn't going to going to work anyhow, thus he will not be accumulating any benefits,(Slave Irons), anyway.

I can't even believe there is a pro group pf ATSers here that advocate drug testing at all. If you can't see it for the infringement of civil rights that it blatantly is, well nothing I can say will wake you up.

I never would have thought..........

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I think that this is a good thing. I don't want somebody spending my hard earned money on drugs while they are on unemployment.

I don't want the government spending my hard earned money on drug TESTS.

Go ahead and find this a "good thing", then the next thing you know you'll get drug tested in order to receive your tax refunds. Or ANY government service.

You'll gladly give the government this power because you want to control what other people do. Disgusting

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SciChosis

Well, I am currently unemployed, I was made redundant,
In september they say I can no longer have any more money because I have not made enough contributions when I was working

The money I am claiming now is MY money that I paid in when I was working
So I'll spend it on whatever the hell I like thanks very much

Cano - ON!

Hrm. This changed my stance a bit I think. I may have to agree with this, IF, benefits are proportional to your "contributions."

Yup. A definite "Hrm."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Strange. One would think that, while unemployed and subsisting on these benefits, drugs and alcohol should go on the back burner. If someone can afford that stuff while on unemployment, me thinks they are receiving too much $$$$$$. There really shouldn't be any discretionary money in unemployment benefits .. just money for the necessary stuff like rent, food, elec., heat.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

It has to be the correct work to make you free.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The walls of the laws of the demanded dead added mandatory (not to mention the ro-TORY laws of Britain/Berith-Ain) rotary(tarry/tarrifs/taxes again?) No More Taxes for the undeserving imposter rulers.)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Great! This is a good thing. I don't want someone spending MY hard earned money, sitting on their ass rolling up a joint or whatever. Sick of f'n slobs and slackers. American trash....throw this away and rebuild our country. Thank you. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join