It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Drug & Alcohol Testing to get Unemployment Benefits

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by gambon

"A private business has the right to require any form of pre-employment drug testing that it finds necessary."

Not here they dont , .....g

What, do you want to give the unemployed a permission slip to do whatever they want since they used to have a job and in turn force a potential new employer to accept that permission slip?

No they have piad tax like everybody else, most jobs dont need that much skill that they require drug tests ....g

FYI, since it seems to be a big issue with you, just because someone had money withheld doesnt equate to them actually paying taxes.

Money withheld? What for ? I dont understand you here ...g

you should drugs test movie stars and sack them if it means that much ,You know, start at the top and make a statement not at the bottom ..or is it ok because they pay thousands in taxes to take drugs,,,,g

[edit on 21-6-2010 by brainwrek]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
WoW what a bunch of hypocrites. You want freedom at all costs, but you deny it to your neighbor.

I don't drink or use drugs, but I will not forbid another their choice of poisoning themselves.

No on this invasion of privacy!

Here Here , I agree wholeheartedly , some people dont actually know what freedom or liberte means it seems to me....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

True. Thanks for the correction. I've worked as an independent contractor before, and in those instances (1099), if you want the UI, you have to pay in, because you are your own employer.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by awakentired

This isnt an invasion of privacy.

Pretty sure it is the definition of invasion of privacy.

It is a stipulation in order to receive an unemployment check.

They are free not to sign up for UI.

They are free not to sign up for UI? God, you are brutal aren't you? Explain why anyone would not take it when they have EARNED IT FROM PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT, AND NOT A HANDOUT FREELY GIVEN.

More importantly, what qualifies you to dictate what others do in the privacy of their own home?

Maybe I can hypothetically smoke 5 joints, shotgun 2 beers and hit myself in the face with a hammer and still be able to outwit you on your best day?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
reply to post by brainwrek

True. Thanks for the correction. I've worked as an independent contractor before, and in those instances (1099), if you want the UI, you have to pay in, because you are your own employer.

Exactly. I have done the same thing, yet most people are under the impression they personally contribute to the UI fund, and as such, they feel entitled to it.

FWIW, I believe anyone who gets a check from the government, from politicians, to those on welfare should be tested periodicially.

And this comes from someone who despises the unconstitutional 'war on drugs"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
WHY should this, come as a suprise to ANYONE?????
For crying-out-loud, if you are taking charity from someone, ESPECIALLY the Government, THERE ARE ALWAYS STRINGS ATTACHED!
And, yes- it IS charity. You pay, a pittance, while employed, for "unemployment insurance". THAT is why, it was originally intended, to only last for EIGHT WEEKS! Having it now, become a way of life, with benefits being "extended" by Regress, is simply turning people into slaves.
It worked in England. It is working here. Slaves have no rights. You WILL shut-up, and do as you are told- or no more welfare!
Don't like cold, hard reality?? Then, get-off your rear, and get SOME KIND OF JOB. Get two, or three. Start your own business.
Of course, I know that entire Industries, have been purposefully destroyed, by TPTB. You have a choice- lie down and take-it, or stand and fight!
BTW- I am a libertarian- and believe in allowing a free adult, to consume ANYTHING they want- as long as they are held responsible for their actions, and I don't have to pay their bills!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My money is exactly that. MY money. Why in the world would I give MY money to some junky?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Pretty sure it is the definition of invasion of privacy.

Get a new dictionary.

They are free not to sign up for UI? God, you are brutal aren't you? Explain why anyone would not take it when they have EARNED IT FROM PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT, AND NOT A HANDOUT FREELY GIVEN.

Of course they dont have to go down and sign up for unemployment. They are free to plan ahead and save wisely.

Earned it how? They didnt contribute to it, their employers did.

More importantly, what qualifies you to dictate what others do in the privacy of their own home?

I never stated what people could or could not do. I partake in certain activities myself. Bottom line is a large number of employers do in fact require pre employment drug screens, and if someone wants a check, they should be available to take any job offered immediately.

Maybe I can hypothetically smoke 5 joints, shotgun 2 beers and hit myself in the face with a hammer and still be able to outwit you on your best day?

Not on your best day, and not even on your birthday little boy

[edit on 21-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Get a new dictionary.

Get a life

Of course they dont have to go down and sign up for unemployment. They are free to plan ahead and save wisely.

Earned it how? They didnt contribute to it, their employers did.

So you are saying after accumulating the mandatory amount of earned credits in order to receive unemployment benefits they are not earned? So earned credits really mean something else now?

I never stated what people could or could not do.

Yes you have, repeatedly. And you are willing to take money out of the hands of people that do not follow your guidelines. You have stated this already.

I partake in certain activities myself. Bottom line is a large number of employers do in fact require pre employment drug screens, and if someone wants a check, they should be available to take any job offered immediately.

Bottom line is why should the government have a say how this private business operates? You are making a lot of assumptions. You are also not accounting for the massive cost that the government would be occurring bi-weekly.

It doesn't matter that "a lot of employers in fact require" anything. If someone wants a paycheck I am pretty sure they can apply for the job, and if they are lucky enough to get a response the individual can take it from there without their hand being held by you or Senator Hatch.

Not on your best day, and not even on your birthday little boy

Laughable, especially with the failed logic you have displayed previously in this thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think we should drug and alcohol test all politicians - after all - they are in charge of billions of our dollars - they should be clean and dry so that we know that they don't spend it while intoxicated!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In a world where the rich run the goverment and the corporations, do coc aine,heroin, sex scandals,preists attack little boys,fat cats make outrageous golden parchutes,indulge in all manner of perversions.... all at the expense of the people.
But they have you so greedy that they can convince you to drug test each toher and deny ANY benefit from anybody earned or otherwise.....
Stupid stupid stupid....
How brainwashed we are...
the fact is this is just more nazification of america.....!
Get out of each others private lives!
get together and go after the goverment/corporate robbers!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Only marijuana users will be penalized, perhaps the least harmful of all substance abusers.

That is because coke and alcohol are out of your system in a three days or about a day if you are a heavy drinker. Clearly, they'll have to notify you by snail mail thus giving a proper warning and detoxing period.

It sounds like a massive waste of money.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I think that this is a good thing. I don't want somebody spending my hard earned money on drugs while they are on unemployment.

There is nothing wrong with the idea.

How about doing the same for welfare?

It's just that they can't possibly test it properly since alcohol and coc aine is out of your system so fast.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

Boy that will feed the pot smokers paranoia wont it.

You should be ashamed of yourself stirring up pot heads like that.

It is called pot head for a reason, you know, all of the pot is fat soluable and must go to the fattest organ in your body, the brain to get metabolized.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is just Hatch pulling down his pants for his mormon base in Utah and waiting to see who opens their mouth first. No way this absurdity will actually happen. Especially because drug testing is pointless and will only get marijuana users (the least harmful segment of society) but it certainly does a good job of whipping right-wing retards up in frenzy and getting a few more votes.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by TheAnswerMan]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

Boy that will feed the pot smokers paranoia wont it.

You should be ashamed of yourself stirring up pot heads like that.

It is called pot head for a reason, you know, all of the pot is fat soluable and must go to the fattest organ in your body, the brain to get metabolized.

That should get this thread hotter than Hades.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Double Post, I apologize for that. Please delete if you feel like it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi, im from the Uk and as most people know have an excellent benefits system to help the unemployed, sick, elderly etc., ontop of benefits also get ur rent or interest on your mortgage paid and become eligable for free council tax (rates).
I know theres little work here to be found, however I do know that peeps I interact with that are on benefits, on the whole do smoke weed, I know as they are buying it when I do (yes, I work). In Uk, there is many people who are now my age (40) and havent worked since there teenage years. It does pee me off when i have a bad day at work, but if im honest with myself on the whole, it doesn't bother me as after paying rent etc., there left either the same financialy or worse off ! Its a no brainer, why work 45 hrs a week for the same, or less !! I guess you guys could learn from our mistakes......like here, in time the majority will indeed be either substance or alsohol dependant if not working for a long period. We got it soooo wrong. Goodluck eitherway our transatlantic brothers.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by badshotbones
My money is exactly that. MY money. Why in the world would I give MY money to some junky?

Why would you give it to some government who will spend it frivolously??

Lets see if I can do this.. one last time then I give up on this thread.

God help anyone who tries to force morality on me.

UI and how it works for the cerebrally challenged:

Business pays into the UI fund through means of taxes;
This is based on number of employees and salary of said employees

Business hires an employee, the amount they pay into this fund goes up.
The employee is creating revenue for this fund by proxy.
In laymen's terms - no employees, no capitol being put into fund.

Employee works for an amount of time, allowing the capitol put into the fund by the company he/she works for, to mature to a point where the amount of revenue generated by the employee by proxy exceeds the amount he would be able to claim.
Again, in laymen's terms - Before the employee can draw from this fund, he/she must have generated revenue by proxy in excess of the amount of compensation he/she could withdraw.

This program has made the government billions upon billions.

The system is set up to where you put in more money per employee than they can withdraw before you allow them to receive benefits. Again, so you understand I'll give an example.

I make $1,000/week
UI only pays 50% of previous wages
Unemployment lasts 8-30 weeks

At minimum length of compensation, 8 * 500 = $4,000 to be my benefits as soon as UI kicks in.

Before I can collect the MINIMUM length of UI, my employer MUST pay $4,000 into the fund - an amount he would NOT have put into the FUND if I had not been working.

It is revenue that everyone, as a worker, generates themselves. No one else contributes to the amount they put in.

This program CANNOT LOSE THE GOVERNMENT MONEY unless they extend benefits.

The definition of UI says it's SOCIAL INSURANCE

It has been running since 1935... They've had 75 years of making profit off this fund. They pocketed the money, else they could extend benefits for a decade and it wouldn't bankrupt the system.

You people should be ashamed jumping up and down for this. Go troll the thread on SS and lobby for all the 70 year olds to be drug tested. That program is already bankrupt, and you're continuing to put money into it.
YOU WILL NEVER SEE A PENNY IN SOCIAL SECURITY.
But yet you yell about this.
It hardly makes sense.
I dare you to come cry about your freedoms when they are all gone. You shall get no compassion from me. I shall jump up and down saying "it's my business what you wipe your *** with because if you get a rash, your health care costs me tax dollars."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

How about doing the same for welfare?

Damn good idea. Lets test each and every recipient of all social "assistance" programs.

It would be a good way to trim the fat a little bit.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join