It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Drug & Alcohol Testing to get Unemployment Benefits

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
..OH boy this has opened up a can of worms ,,Right wing control???
More Taxes, More laws controlling our citizens hmmm??
Yet the bankers get off with less regulations as do the oil companies..
Makes me wonder who comes up with these insane idea's?

While I admit if this was something to be considered why don’t they start with the government as one poster suggested? Starting from top to bottom the Military, the cops, and anyone else who has easier access to the illegal substance's ..I don't know to many that can even afford to spend hard earned money on illegal substances. Yeah I'm suggesting the only ones that can afford it are the ones with the jobs enforcing this law...

It sounds ridiculous to me just another way for them to log or keep track of what you do in your personal life. If my doctor prescribes me pain medication or another controlled substance that means iI have to hand over my information while I’m not even on the job I'm sorry I disagree

Read more on this debate>>>>

www.helium.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

How many politicians do drugs, then write fake laws to tell the people to not do them or they will be arrested and pay for it with money that is from paper and ink? Is it the truth? Then they use the paper and ink money to "buy" the "drugs"? You get arrested? No rest to be arrested? Or do you work to get arrested? Do you see the mockery and symbolism?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by problemsolvr]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
While the people argue over infringed freedoms and misspent tax dollars the politicians that are pushing this law are going to be watching their stock value in the drug testing companies increase.
They dont care if the people on unemployment benefits are drunk or high, all they care about is the money they can make off them even while they are not paying taxes.
If you want to complain about badly spent taxes look at the money being spent blowing people up in middle east

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
ok. Let me understand something. If govt wants to check that the people getting the unemployment benefits are using it for necessisities of life or on Cannabis. its an infringement of privacy.

well, you americans area bit pampared. in My country we dont have the concept of Unemployment benefits, in hard times we work harder, try to undercut the least pay worker and try to acquire important skills.

But u guys wont do that. I wonder why????

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Accountant

Probably because we passed out of our slavery period over two hundred years ago and like to consider ourselves a progressive society where we don't have to slit each others throats to put food on the table. Of course with your living in a 21st century plantation, you probably wouldn't any concept of these things. Enjoy working for what amounts to pocket change for Americans every day.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Actually, we have an even more fair system. Currently, a person can still work hard and achieve something and work himself/herself into a better financial status, thus acquiring more wealth so to say. Whereas, correct me if I am wrong, in India, you are born of a certain class and can never work yourself out of said class no matter what.

I think I will pass on that thanx.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My God! Where does this stuff come from? I think we should test all the law makers to see if they test positive for stupidity! If they they test positive then they should turn in their resignation papers immediately! The way I understand it is, unemployment is something that working people pay into while they are working, and is there in a fund to draw out in the event that you become unemployed. If this is true then why are some on here saying

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I think that this is a good thing. I don't want somebody spending my hard earned money on drugs while they are on unemployment.

Are you thinking of welfare? Come on! Sorry guys rant over.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerMan

well sir. Everybody has his day. America had the 20th century for itself. we had our time.Tommorow someone else.(sorry if was rude in my post).I dont think I had to slit someone's throat today for the Lunch i had 3 hours ago.
And lest i forget If we work for pocket change of Americans then why You guys are worried abt Outsourcing of Jobs to India.Hmmmmm Food for thought

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Accountant
ok. Let me understand something. If govt wants to check that the people getting the unemployment benefits are using it for necessisities of life or on Cannabis. its an infringement of privacy.

well, you americans area bit pampared. in My country we dont have the concept of Unemployment benefits, in hard times we work harder, try to undercut the least pay worker and try to acquire important skills.

But u guys wont do that. I wonder why????

well, accountant . . . it's like this . . .

i worked for a dozen years, but i didn't get to keep all of my wages. part of my wages are held back by the government.

why?

in case i ever find myself out of work. then i can get a small check every 2wks . . . from a pool of money *i* contributed to for a long time.

it's unemployment INSURANCE fer chrissakes.

like a policy on your home. you pay, if you home burns down you get compensated. likely your home won't ever burn, likely you'll never get any of that money back.

but when it DOES happen, it doesn't make you a bum for filing a claim. you're entitled to it based on your payments into the insurance pool.

unemployment insurance is the same.

so, tell me again . . . what is it we don't get?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Because Indians are modern slaves who'll live in conditions we find laughable and work for roughly 1/10th an American will. Also as you've already noted you people don't seem to have any problem knocking each other off for that opportunity for that pocket change. You may find it respectable to be a house slave, but most Americans find it abhorrent. I mean honestly American multi-national corporations come to your country and throw pennies at you people to do slave jobs. Let's be proud of that and look down on Americans for having higher standards. Then there's the elites in your society who unlike ours can't even be bothered to hide their contempt and corruption towards those lower in the system. But keep giving us lectures on why Indian work practices are better than American, and keep deriding us for having social programs for those in need.

By the way, how's my Nikes coming?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by TheAnswerMan]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rougeskut

Actually, we have an even more fair system. Currently, a person can still work hard and achieve something and work himself/herself into a better financial status, thus acquiring more wealth so to say. Whereas, correct me if I am wrong, in India, you are born of a certain class and can never work yourself out of said class no matter what.

I think I will pass on that thanx.....

Sir,
Reading outdated books, hearsay and getting Notions from Movies Indiana Jones doesnt help anyone.In todays world its the money which is the god.I could like to know what your understanding of Caste is???
Well indians are the richest ethnic group in USA. we are regular in the worlds richest people. we have more black money stashed away in swiss banks than next two or three countries combined( Hahahhahahh not particularly proud of that)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
In a shocking amendment to the 2010 Unemployment Extension Bill, lawmakers now want to force drug & alcohol tests on the unemployed to qualify for benefits.

www.associatedcontent.com...
[edit on 20-6-2010 by ExPostFacto]

"lawmakers"? ...it's only one republican from Utah, and the article clearly states that people are "incensed" (i.e., infuriated)

Senator Hatch (R-UT) thinks that his PROPOSAL will

force those with a drug problem to get help, force a good number of the unemployed to become less addicted to public assistance, and could even reduce the national deficit

This Hatch guy is quite the idiot. "force them to get help"? With what??? People who have drug and alcohol problems often don't have money for rehab, and rehab doesn't work anyway! (I've been to rehab plenty of times.) The most rehab does is drain your bank account, milk your insurance, and give you time away from your drugs or your alcohol. Once you're out, they advise you to go to a religious program called A.A. or N.A. (Anyone who says that it's a spiritual program is full of crap. Look up the founders and investigate the program if you doubt me.)

Furthermore, anyone who is on unemployment had a job and is obviously not "addicted to public assistance."

As far as the national debt, let's cut Senators' salaries and scrutinize their lives to make sure they aren't accepting favors from anyone and not abusing their position! Let's make them all drive Hybrid vehicles instead of flying on airplanes so they're more "green." Let's also tell them to get their noses back where they belong and sensibly allow the rest of us the same damn privileges you KNOW they indulge in! (I remember a video in which Ron Paul says he "knows a lot of members of congress who drink a lot of alcohol.")

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i can't stand the thought of senior citizens drinking cocktails on my dime. or anyone getting medicare. hey! pops! WWII is over, go dribble me a cup full of bladder.

you're on SSI? better walk a straight line, buddy. in fact all your people on disability benefits, go stand in line for the bathroom.

WIC? you lazy moms are likely the booziest of all. go fill this cup, lady.

food stamps? don't even get me started. here's your cup.

wait, wait, wait, wait . . . a SUBSIDIZED student loan? you're peeing in two cups, you lazy jerk!!

don't tell me you claimed the standardized deductions on your tax return. well, for THAT little benefit, yup, fill a cup.

-

where does it end?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerMan

well your nikes done. But i have raised my rates. What You cat afford them because you are out of job. Too bad i will have to sell them to someone else.

Now seriously Sir you need to check your language. Corruption is everywhere. we are trying to lessen its pain.we are willing to work at 1/10th of americans because it provides us with a decent standard of living.
Now simple economics will tell you that this situation cannot remain the same forever. our income will increase and yours will decrease so that parity is reached.
Waiting for that day

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well after reading randomly I see that a lot of people are right on how unemployment is an insurance fund for those that loses their job and has paid into unemployment.

But . . . since the financial crisis many states have depleted their unemployment funds and the Federal government has been giving away bailouts in loans as extensions to keep the unemployment going

So in other words unemployment benefits are actually been pay by tax payers in the name of bailout to the states.

States Borrow to Fund Unemployment Benefits

patterico.com...

Because this money is now owned to the federal government it has to be pay back or actually the interest accumulated, this means the states are the ones that regulate and put restrictions on how unemployment is pay out, so if they want to do drug test in order to grant benefits they can

32 States Have Borrowed from the Federal Government to Make Unemployment Payments; California Has Borrowed $7 Billion

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well indians are the richest ethnic group in USA. we are regular in the worlds richest people. we have more black money stashed away in swiss banks than next two or three countries combined( Hahahhahahh not particularly proud of that)

yeah, we need to be more like india. that's a country that's got it ALL figured out. what are the poverty figures for your country again?

how many americans lost their job to an indian willing to work for a fraction of the wage? and then you've got the gall to bang on an american for claiming unemployment afterwards?

lookit, when half of your country isn't living in a mud hut praying the government stops by to immumize their kids this year, THEN you can come in here and wag your finger around.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Yep take all their money/benefits away, then watch the crime rate sore by 1000%. Most of them would be unemployable so where does this leave them? Coming to rob your place,or mug ya granny when she walks to the shops.

So you agree with me that welfare as a way of life family's, (AHEM, Single mothers raising children) are the scum of the Earth! Pay them off or they will rob our grandmothers! Like a scuzzy Mafia!

You know how may people I know that sell their food stamps at 50% value for cash so that they can get money for drugs?

This is good news, I've been saying it for years that this should be mandatory! Now don't screw it up! Think of the kids! They would have a much better life if their mom was off meth!

Some people will not go look for work in the first place because they know they will not pass a drug test.

I had to pass one to get my job, you should pass one too before becoming a parasite on society!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

In My country also some portion of my salary is withheld and is paid to me on specified cicumstances.I agree unemployment benefits are required but what i want like are a bunch of free loaders puffing away my years of hard work. Just like the ant and the Grasshopper story

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

and that's just the start.

state pension plans are going to be belly-up before the end of next year . . . illinois likely MUCH sooner.

the feds will have to bail out all of those.

so i guess every pensioner in those states will have to pee too?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by SecretGoldfish]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I think that this is a good thing. I don't want somebody spending my hard earned money on drugs while they are on unemployment.

I agree here. If you want to be on drugs, then you shouldn't get handouts from the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join