It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Earth BP spill now suspected to be Radioactive!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
First, I'll post the link from GLP via Rense

Article here

This explains a LOT as to why they are CorExit dumping and spraying the oil spill. It seems that oil from deep eart, coming up through the BP spill, is RADIOACTIVE too !! This is just another bad feeling on top of all the other bad feelings this spill is conjuring up. So not only do we have the process of Sulphuric Acid (when O2 and water combine with sodium hydrate), methane pools, massive plumes of sludge and oil, physical changes in the floor of the Gulf, a destroyed and lost well casing, leaks coming out of the seabed, and the potential of a methane cloud in apocolyptic proportions seeping out too. I'm just not liking this whole drilling thing. And to add to it, BP was told a year ago not to drill because of the highly dangerous result probabilities. So, they did it anyway...

They tested a small amount of oil for radiation, and found it in small amounts, but there is a giant cloud of this stuff still in the ocean that hasn't been measured. Here's a link to the video

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow...I hope not, but I guess we'll see. I don't think the dispersants would do a thing for radioactivity either.

Ironically, here's a quote from yesterday's Economist: "BP’s chief executive, Tony Hayward, has been the face (and voice) of a company America has come to hate. Shareholders have dropped its stock as if it were not merely oily but radioactive." Source

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I believe it! From what the sources in the article say, deep oil is more radioactive than shallow oil (because of the uranium decay by-product of helium), and Horizon is as deep as they get. Scary stuff!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If the big shot oil tycoons do not STOP buying out, and crushing technologies that eliminate our need for oil, we better start searching for a DIFFERENT PLANET to live on, as we are certainly DESTROYING this one FAST!!!!

We, the common folk, wouldn't have to rely on oil if the CORRUPT oil tycoons who have only PROFIT and GREED on the their minds 24/7 would try to think about our planet and life itself for a CHANGE.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Shine71]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The only thing dispersants would do for radiation is just to keep the blobs suspended underneath the surface. It doesn't contain or control the radiation. It just keeps people from seeing it, but it is still probably irridating everything it flows over, and everything that swims through it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well now it's starting to make sense why they are using all that corexit crap. It would seem to me that you would NOT want to use that and WANT the oil to rise to the top where it would be easier to collect, as opposed to trying to collect it (or not) dispersed 500 feet under water.

So, has humanity learned anything yet, even from this? Or does something even worse need to happen to wake people up, hum? (don't answer that, I can guess the answer)

Come, abandon mans unnatural and artificial world, follow me out onto the prairie. We'll build little log cabin and live modest minimal happy stress free NATURAL lives as farmers and earth restoration workers ... while the rest of humanity kills itself off the planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Could this explain why people are getting sick? And why they're telling people to use only the issued protective gear (which apparently they're short of) and not their own gear?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

saweet! We can add radio activity to the already toxic mass coming inland and moving out to sea due to the dispersants they are ALREADY using....

Now all we need is a hurricane......erm scratch that, a tropical storm will do, and we can effectively make the entire gulf and regions eastward, completely useless!

did i mention death and destruction as an added bonus?

Is it me or does it seem like the world, and reality itself has suffered a friggin stroke?

......hmm i smell cookies.........

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Come, abandon mans unnatural and artificial world, follow me out onto the prairie. We'll build little log cabin and live modest minimal happy stress free NATURAL lives as farmers and earth restoration workers ... while the rest of humanity kills itself off the planet.

I fantasize about this often. Well, more toward the forest for me tho

I hope the radioactive thing isn't true. We're read soooo much info about this. A lot of links, articles and facts included; but it's difficult to weed out the facts from the fiction. But one thing is for certain - this is horrible beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

I just have 1 question how on earth (pun intended) could the oil leaking from the bottom of the gulf be radioactive? Lets look at this for a moment are you trying to say there is a huge pocket of uranium under there? And if so how is this supposed to get to dangerous levels of radioactivity in oil? You do realize you can hold mined uranium and only get minimal exposure would get more from the sun.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

anything from that far down in the earths crust could be subject to prolonged exposure to radioactive materials........add that to the fact that we REALLY dont know whats that far down beneath the sea floor......youre getting pretty close to "mantle" territory

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Has there been any other confirmation of this besides Rense? If the oil is radioactive, sensors on the Gulf Coast should be going haywire. Anyone seen any NEST vehicles? Or vehicles with strange antennae?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The news about this cluster f0ck just keeps getting better and better each week. I don't even know what to say about this piece of information, I mean crap, we are killing ourselves here....damn we suck.

I a brighter note my borther-in-law just got back today from Florida (from Texas) and they said there are dead birds, oil and dead jellyfish where you go over the Mobile Bay Bridge. They told me they usually see Pelicans and lots of "live" wildlife when they go over the bridge but not this time. Just lots of dead birds and oil.

If you live close to there or have traveled over the bridge lately can you confirm that info?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have been following this story today, and decided to emailed James Fox who has been reporting on the spill since the beginning. He emailed me back and said he had not heard anything about this and would see what he could find out?? So far I think this is being a bit exaggerated. If you read the entire thread from the forum they all felt that this radiation was extremely low. I am not saying that it isn't true, I think there needs to be more confirmed tests from people in the areas effected to see if there are true elevations. One test isn't enough to confirm this to be the truth.
If I hear anything from James that supports this I will let everyone know!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This was an interesting read from the EPA.

Radioactive Wastes from Oil and Gas Drilling

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
wanted to repost this.. again.
i feel it should be seen by many.
True words.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
The news about this cluster f0ck just keeps getting better and better each week.

Well, this isn't just a spill, something that's done, over, and now we can clean up and recover from it. It's a catastrophe in the making that can only keep getting worse and worse and worse, day by day.

I really feel sorry for them that are down there having to be in the thick of things cleaning this mess up. I myself think they should just abandon any attempts at clean-ups, at least right now. Already what they are doing is in vain. They clean it up, and more washes up. They clean the wildlife, and they jump right back in the soup. Meanwhile, everyone involved is risking their health and getting sick. And, as this just keeps becoming worse and worse, all that clean up work won't matter anyhow, as there won't be much left alive to appreciate it anyhow. That gulf is so toxic right now, and it's getting worse, and I doubt the dolphins and bird and turtles and fishies are all that concerned about nice clean beaches. I mean, what good is a clean beach along a toxic body of water? It may look pretty in a picture, but it is all still toxic and deadly.

If this radioactivity suspicion is true (certainly there is some level of radiation in that oil), maybe they should evacuate all civilians from that area and then let the military (preferable British troops, lol) clean up this mess. I know if I lived down there along the coast, I would have hightailed it out of there long ago. Actually, I would have left and never returned after that Katrina ordeal (crazy to live under sea-level next to the seas, ha, suicidal even, like living next to an active volcano).

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I know that years ago they used DU in the weigh section of drill stem for some types of deep drilling.
The weight section is the part right above the bit.(bottomhole assembly)
its the part that supplies the weight to the bit.
you can not push a mile of drill stem from a ship down.
So what they do is weight the part just above the bit and then they pull up on the rest of the drill stem to keep it from buckling.

Are they still using DU weight in drilling.
and is the material being blown out of the well eroding the weight.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Im as freaking dumbfounded as to why they are still there as much as the catastrophe itself!

Same here. It's like demanding the one that shot you with a gun to remove the bullet from your wound. "Hey, you tried to kill me. Shame on you. Now, remove that bullet." .. "Sure, okay!" Crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join