It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Earth BP spill now suspected to be Radioactive!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Just a reminder -- we are not destroying the planet, we are destroying our ability to sustain ourselves on the planet. The planet will erase any evidence of our existence long after we've wiped ourselves out.

Very good point... I hear so many people say "WE ARENT DESTROYING THE EARTH!"...

No, but we are doing a dang good job of turning it into a place hostile to Humanity....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

All of these Limey spivs aren't by definition, your nomal 'village idiots'. What if they already know that our Gulf Coast is kaput? I.E. gone for generations, "old boy". How do you tell President Obama this factoid? Is this $20 B slush fund, just a trick to keep "the small ones" standing firm, on the deck of H.M.S. Birkenshead, whilst she again slowly sinks, beneath the waters, of the Gulf? If Jindal, Barber, and Co. have some smarts, I think they should grab some of the B.P. slush fund and start relocating a bunch of Ragin Cajins, and Creasoted Creoles, smack dab, into precisely those Western Cong. districts that sport radical lefty congressmen / women. Double down on Nevada, and Harry Reid, and then see how the Obama machine reacts to this new "Grapes of Wrath", migration off of the Gulf Coasts by those "Tarred Out", just as the 1930's 'Okies' were "Dusted Out", 75 years ago. These Cajins and Creoles could easily throw the illegals out of their new digs, register to vote in November, and then send the lefty Dems out of town on the same rail that the illegals rode earlier. But the Gulf Coast Govs' need to get cracking right now, to be able to stack the decks in selected districts in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and California, by election day 2010. Even starting tommorrow, on a small scale, the political fallout should determine whether the Obama machine will allow the B.P. escrow fund to be used to resettle the coastal fishing 'little folks', into other States? Would Obama favor illegals over Americans who trace their origins all the way back to the French Acadiens of Eastern Canada, and who were once before, forcefully resettled far away, from their homes, by the same British? Can anyone say "Evangeline II"? Evangelicals on the right, and Evangelinas on the left, means OMG for Harry and Barbara! Sort of a new "Credit Mobiliere", Mobil Bay, Boat lift, on a much larger scale than the Cuban Mariel boat lift of Castro's Cuban criminals, a few years back. Even if they drifted back to the Gulf coasts after learning new skills in Nev. and Calif., they will have imprinted Western State Politics for generations to come.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The descriptive terms like : planning too , will, and then, are all though your links to the future wells .

Name: Perdido Spar Where: Gulf of Mexico Cost: Undisclosed Estimated Completion: First oil, 2010; all wells online, 2016 The Challenge: Moor a skyscraper-size floating rig to the seafloor, then drill the world's deepest subsea well

OK. Do you like this one?

Nexen and Shell make significant oil discovery at Appomattox, Gulf of Mexico

Nexen (TSX: NXY) and its partner Royal Dutch Shell (LSE: RDSB) have made a significant oil discovery in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico at Appomattox, in Mississippi Canyon blocks 391 and 392.

At Appomattox, the partners drilled an exploratory well and two appraisal sidetracks, and the well results have exceeded pre-drill expectations. Shell is the operator of the project and it holds 80% interest, while Nexen owns the remaining 20%.

The discovery well, located in 7,217 feet of water, was drilled to 25,077 feet true vertical depth and encountered approximately 530 feet gross of oil pay. The first appraisal sidetrack was drilled to approximately 25,950 feet (true vertical depth) and encountered approximately 380 feet oil pay, the second sidetrack was undertaken to further delineate the discovery.

And some information on the Deepwater Horizon, for your information.

Deepwater Horizon

In September 2009, the rig drilled the deepest oil well in history at a vertical depth of 35,050 ft (10,683 m) and measured depth of 35,055 ft (10,685 m).

Hmmm. Interesting.

And what was happening at the time of the explosion.

Deepwater Horizon explosion

In March 2008, the mineral rights to drill for oil on the Macondo Prospect were purchased by BP at the Minerals Management Service's lease sale. The platform commenced drilling in February 2010 at a water depth of approximately 5,000 feet (1,500 m). At the time of the explosion the rig was drilling an exploratory well. The planned well was to be drilled to 18,000 feet (5,500 m) below sea level, and was to be plugged and suspended for subsequent completion as a subsea producer. Production casing was being run and cemented at the time of the accident. Once the cementing was complete, it was due to be tested for integrity and a cement plug set to temporarily abandon the well for later completion as a subsea producer.

Facts are usually the worst enemy of scaremongering and misinformation campaigns.

[edit on 6/19/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Its getting scarier and scarier....
humanity screwed up big timr

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by OuttaTime

Now maybe I'm crazy, but how exactly do you manage to make an already unstable form of matter radioactive? Oil is used because it is incredibly easy to burn. how can it be radioactive? The entire molecular structure would collapse with any added neutrons.

The oil, as it sets in the earth,is basically a sealed void. The Uranium and Thorium in the mantle are still emitting radioactivity. The oil soaks some of it in, since there is very few other places it can go. It is lightly radioactive if it is in a controlled environment. The Horizon is the farthest thing from that. The natural uranium and thorium radiation blends itself in since it is a gusher with no topside presurrization equalizer. If it were leaked out slowly the radioactive oil is not a big deal, but we got hundreds of millions of gallons of this suspended beneath the ocean surface.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Found this video on the net too. It's in Kentucky. Ashland Oil is the culprit here. The radioactive oil they are burying here is beyond the acceptable limit of 30. Some areas tested 1300.

Vid link

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Wow the entire OP is nothing but fear mongering. How do you people seriously believe any of this trash? LOL

Makes you despair at times doesn't it. What I find most astonishing is the collective dismissal of evidence and the collective acceptance of rants as facts. When individuals do this we can put it down to cognitive dissonance a well known response by people who can't accept that their beliefs may be wrong. But when groups behave collectively.....hmmm, maybe they just feel warm and fuzzy knowing they are not alone in their paranoid world. I don't know but I'm sure this site is a psychologists gold mine.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't It be pretty ****** up that they're doing all this
destruction, destroying the whole gulf so they could hide the
fact that they found atlantis?

It's just something I've been thinking about...
Or maybe there's something else there that nobody
is "supposed" to see...

I guess time will tell... or not...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorwork
One issue that should be factored in here is radiation ACCUMULATION.

When we do procedures under flouroscopy the MD operator and assistant have to wear lead protection and we also wear a small badge with a radiation monitor. Each exposure itself is non significant, usually. But, in the past several years, I've seen at least a dozen nurses or other techs put on leave from the flouro room because their monitors showed excessive exaccposure.
Point is, many small exposures can be dangerous when they accumulate. How about a very large batch of "small exposures" as in the oil accumulating into spills, plumes, etc?

That's what I was thinking. I never assumed that radiation levels would be holocaustic in density. If they say Xrays at the doctors office is not good for you, then what about that blob in the gulf? Sure the body can overcome small doses of it, but what we don't know is what the readings are in the gulf area near ground zero.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by Gakus
Wow the entire OP is nothing but fear mongering. How do you people seriously believe any of this trash? LOL

Makes you despair at times doesn't it. What I find most astonishing is the collective dismissal of evidence and the collective acceptance of rants as facts. When individuals do this we can put it down to cognitive dissonance a well known response by people who can't accept that their beliefs may be wrong. But when groups behave collectively.....hmmm, maybe they just feel warm and fuzzy knowing they are not alone in their paranoid world. I don't know but I'm sure this site is a psychologists gold mine.

And some of us try to bring every facet of information to the table for consideration. And when we do, the stone throwing begins, and I've noticed that some do not read the thread to verify any credibility, or get a feel for the direction of it. They skim over the OP and immediately jump to conclusions. If you wish to refute it, please bring some facts to the thread instead of psychological opinion.
I will admit that I've been wrong on occasion, and I welcome corrections. It keeps us all on our toes.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by OuttaTime

Now maybe I'm crazy, but how exactly do you manage to make an already unstable form of matter radioactive? Oil is used because it is incredibly easy to burn. how can it be radioactive? The entire molecular structure would collapse with any added neutrons.

What we have here is a failure to communicate "scientifically." The oil molecules themselves are not radioactive. What they really mean to say is that there is some quantity of radioactive elements in suspension in the effluent. The oil is still a mixture of different hydrocarbon chains, from simple light methane, through the other alkanes, to asphalt. But mixed in (not as a compound but as a solution, which is entirely different) with that is some unknown quantity of uranium, Thorium, Radon, etc. Also mixed in would be some amount of sulphur, mercury, other heavy metals, ash from prior oxidation, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So, Im new to ATS...or rather, Im new to posting anything on ATS, but...this one actually caught my interest.

I did alittle googling and found this on the EPA site.

EPA on oil radioactivity

Anyways, hope this link actually worked out, being as Im new to this and all.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ehh.
Scratch that.
Someone already posted that link.

Sorry ya'll.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think most people don't realize that the ecosystem down there is simply destroyed and will remain so for a really long time - thus people's livelihood who depend on the ocean are too.
well, that is the basic symptom. things are really f****d up and since it's been going on for so long people got used to it by now.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

imagine living below sea level and next to an unactive volcanoe due to the equilbrium pressure of the above water and sea bed then somone comes and drills a hole in the volcanoe and essentially sets of a chain of events that cause the pressure to change flutuate like a drum skin and the sea bed starts to crack so as the pressure changes instead of the volcano exploding it implodes caves in then the below freezing cold water hits the superhot magma and its an explosion of a "imeasurable" chainreaction nuclear blast and it would be much like the bigest ydrogen bomb detonation youve ever seen filling the atmosphere with toxic particles that come down in rain and a third of the waters were made bitter and well wormwood but im not one for physics or chemistry or science though i do find what the bible and all the prophecys speak of a bit coincidental it is said and perhaps written that half the world will not see 2011 due to oil "wormwood" never a truer word said in jest

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

then i read the gulf is an arms dump and there are lost misplaced nukes there perhaps not to mention the fragmented special minerals from the one asteriod that created the ice age and wiped out the dinosours perhaps that was the one that was called wormwood the one that probably shaped the gulf basin when it slammed into the yucatan peninsula not to mention completely smashed that area to pieces like pottery and mantel craks dont heal the sea bed in that area is possibly the mose fractured mantel area on the planet perhaps it will be a butterfly effect that brings around universal change after all a simple deep little hole like a syringe needle thrust into the skin of the earth gee i do wonder if they can stop the bleeding but there greed is beyond an infection i think its going to reach epidemic preportions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join