It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLOBAL DOOMSDAY SCENARIO. ***WARNING: This information might make you want to vomit. Read it at

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Funny I have not heard anything big from greenpeace yet. It doesn't surprise me.

Here you go: greenpeace.org

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The whole world destroyed because BP disregarded safety precautions and was in it for the money

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Has anyone looked at a bathymetry map of the Gulf of Mexico
heres one of Texas Louisiana continental slope
Landslide? off TX LA coast
blue is deep
red is shallow

Now heres a oblique view of Floridas continental slope
Florida escarpment 10000 feet high cliff
numbers indicate depth in feet

notice the -10500 and -300 next to each other
The -4000 is on the slope

Think about the effects of half of that thats underwater collapsing

And heres the entire Gulf
GoM depth
The area in the Carribean is a "active margin" meaning its recent(volcanic) or is seismicly active unlike the entire GoM.

And does anyone remember this rare in location 6.0 earthquake
GoM earthquake

It could have been produced by movement of something If something caused such a large quake in a quiet area and that area is full of oil
And the quake occured at the same depth as the Deepwater Horizon drilled to then this could have been caused by movement of an oil mass connected to the Tiber oilfield

All this might even point to a much larger methane bubble under that area
that could be the real source of all the gas there

This under the Deepwater Horizon is just an oil/gas "magma chamber"bubble

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Nogard2012]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nogard2012
Has anyone looked at a bathymetry map of the Gulf of Mexico
heres one of Texas Louisiana continental slope

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80f457936154.gif[/atsimg]
blue is deep, red is shallow

And heres the entire Gulf

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/377f78c4eddf.jpg[/atsimg]

The area in the Carribean is a "active margin" meaning its recent(volcanic) or is seismicly active unlike the entire GoM.

Great Reply!

(OP captured and imbedded some pics in quote, to preserve them.)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Regarding the seabed buckling upwards I've noticed lately that the ROV's are frequently checking several level guages around the BOP. I don't know if they are showing movement but I have a screen cap that shows one of the bubbles quite a way off to one side. If presumabaly these structures were set level in the first place then this would indicate some movement of the foundations since original build. The fact they are checking the levels suggests they are concerned about them.

I will post the screen cap later ... on another computer.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Regarding the seabed buckling upwards I've noticed lately that the ROV's are frequently checking several level guages around the BOP. I don't know if they are showing movement but I have a screen cap that shows one of the bubbles quite a way off to one side. If presumabaly these structures were set level in the first place then this would indicate some movement of the foundations since original build. The fact they are checking the levels suggests they are concerned about them.

I will post the screen cap later ... on another computer.

Makes me wonder if they are conserned about a landslide around the well head.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
It's okay, let the world blow up, what do I care. Seeing that I have so few REAL friends these days (they all jumped ship when they noticed I had more concern and compassion for nature than their economic prosperity and wealth .. lost a few more today just moments ago even), I really don't care if the world blows up tomorrow or come 2012.

Just let it happen, KABOOM, and mother nature can start out all over again and try to populate the world with something a whole lot nicer and smarter than humans, a new and improved species, with a LOT MORE understanding and compassion for our Earth and all her other creatures than apparently the majority of humanity has for their home world these days. KABOOM! Let it happen, I'm okay with it.

Hey there, don't be so gloomy. Just think, if you plan a little better, like others that think like you, you might live and become friends with like-minded people that are going through the same thing. I go through the same thing all the time. Just got a big insult from a sister, she told me to go find a hobby after I sent her a small summary of the GOM disaster. Hang in there.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Let's estimate the flow rate using Darcy's equation a for fluid flow through porous media. This equation is the proven method for calculating flow rate from a sand pack.

Q=7.082 X K X H X (Pe-Pw)/(V X Bo X Ln(Re/Rw))

Q= flow rate in Stock tank barrels per day
K= permeability of reservoir rock - darcies
H= thickness of productive formation-feet
Pe= pressure at external boundary of reservoir-psi
Pw= pressure at the sand face in the wellbore-psi
V= viscosity of flowing fluid- centipoise
Bo= formation volume factor- reservoir barrels/stock tank barrels
Re= Radius to the constant reservoir pressure-feet
Rw= radius of the wellbore- feet

Knowns:
H=73'
Pe= 13,000 psi(calculated from mudweight)
Rw= .365'
Estimates from doing this calculation for 30 years:
k=.1 darcy at this depth that estimate is probably high
Pw=7000 psi Density of oil 7#/gallon & ocean depth of 5000'
V= 1.0 cp
Bo= 2.0 res/st
Re= 2000' ( this gets into steady state & psuedo steady stae behaviors in fluid flow-so this number is "anal extraction", but is behind at log term so does not have major effect on answer)

This results in around 18,000 bbls stock tank barrels per day. Big unknown is permeability. I have never seen a measured permeability above 1 darcy in formations below 10,000'. So if we double the 100 md used to 200 md then the maximum flow would be 36,000 stock tank bbls/day. Unless someone can get a better permeability, this is about what we are seeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join