It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No one is blaming Britain imo. I don't think anyone is that confused to think that a company is ran by a country.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Zoolander, Priceless

Outsiders another priceless movie
:

Been a long time since I have seen either one of these movies.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Yes , the rig WAS built by Hyundai . Or did you think they only made those little automobiles ?

www.deepwater.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

yeah! another thread that generalizes and stereotypes all the people that live in America. Where's YOUR denying ignorance?????

I don't give a hoot that it was a British company. I give a hoot that it was a greedy company that wanted to save a few bucks and not take the proper precautions to avoid such a travesty that took 11 lives.

edit:spelling

[edit on 16-6-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yes , I have looked at who owns BP . I made a thread on it but got no response .

Here is a breakdown of who owns BP , showing the institutions as well as the mutual funds .

moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Or more simply put.

40% - British
39% - American
21% - Other

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
To me its a multi national corp. that just has the word british in it, its as american as american federal bank lol, so i dont see it belonging to any certain group of people, other than the ones who invested in the company, so i dont blame just the brits, but americans, and every other investor, as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The BP disaster is just another Media Wall to distract the public from the real issues going on in the world. Suppressed technology would fix all the energy and ecological problems we face as a race. We all need the people deep inside the Black Ops that still have a soul, to leak the tech to non-corrupt civilian agencies and re-format the laws and legislature that would make it feasable to the masses for good use ONLY.

C'mon whistleblowers and the ones on the inside, we need you're help!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is something I wrote in another BP thread, but I feel it is more appropriate here, or at least the last bit it anyway......................

So let me get this right, in a world that is 2/3rd's ocean, a tiny amount (in the global scale of things) of a natural substance has leaked out of its natural hidy hole (granted through fault of man), and the American government is kicking off calling it the worst disaster since whatever worst disaster came before?

Wont the oil be eaten by them tiny little critters I can't quite think of the name of right now?

It's all natural folks. That stuff will be in the earth long after we have gone, its not man made you know (the oil, not it getting out and about, that is mans fault).

Oh and for all you "it's BRITISH petroleum's" fault, let me introduce you to the board of BP:

* Carl-Henric Svanberg – Chairman SWEDISH
* Byron Grote – Chief Financial Officer AMERICAN
* Andy Inglis – Chief executive BRITISH
* Antony Burgmans – Non-executive director DUTCH
* Cynthia Carroll – Non-executive director AMERICAN
* Sir William Castell – Non-executive director BRITISH
* George David – Non-executive director AMERICAN
* Tony Hayward – CEO/MD BRITISH
* Iain Conn - Chief executive BRITISH
* Erroll Davis - board of General AMERICAN
* Douglas J Flint CBE - director - BRITISH
* Dr DeAnne Julius - director of Chatham House BRITISH
* Robert Dudley - Managing director AMERICAN
* Ian Davis - Non-executive director BRITISH

So thats:

1 Swede
1 Dutch
5 Americans
7 Brits

OK the Brits take the lead, but its 7 for 7 if you combine the foreigners, and take into account that most of its top dogs aint British. I know the majority of people aren't thinking like that, but that list is for the small amount of folks who do.

If anyone notices any mistakes in that list, please mention it, I got most of the info from the BP site itself, although had to go googling for a small bit.

The fact is, BP isn't really a British company as such anymore, like most things that were once British, they are owned by foreigners.

[edit on 17/6/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I hear david cameron is going to do live broadcast from downing street ranting at how mcdonalds tunred up on british isle's and spilt obesity all over our land

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
BP claimed responsibility, you are just pissy because BP's stocks are crashing now. BP had the rig leased to them, so it IS there fault, it doesn't matter who built it, or who was on it at the time, the answer is, BP was in charge of it, it blew up, now it is there problem. If you give a friend your car for 5 years, and say: You get my car, but you have to pay for gas and insurance and such; your friend crashes "your car", that doesn't mean you have to pay for the damage, even though it is yours, because you gave it to him, and it crashed under his watch. Get it now?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What is it with those of you who are defending the British so vociferously ?

No one is saying this is a 'British' problem .

It is a BP problem .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
What is it with those of you who are defending the British so vociferously ?

No one is saying this is a 'British' problem .

It is a BP problem .

I do believe it was the beloved Obama that started this little retoric, just 4 days ago..

anti-british

It has somewhat changed since then BUT the White House did the deed :-)

Bit of a shame is all... used to like the guy

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can tell you what is Americas problem.

Most all of its citizens are under some kind of hypnosis that somehow there is no conspiracy taking place even when there is enough evidence to the contrary that could fill the Library of Congress a 100 times over that does prove a conspiracy.

On top of that...America plays with their iPhones way too much. I'm wondering how many hours a day. Bet it is up there close to watching tv and listening to radio.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I do not see many posts where members are blaming the British... They are blaming the Corporation called British Petroleum, that is, self admittedly, the Corporation that is responsible and accountable for the series of mistakes and failures that have lead to the problem we all have.

I feel as much sympathy for the British people as I do the American people as well as everybody on this planet that will suffer in some way by the problem. All of us, the hard working people in the game, will have to pay the price in some way or another for this Corporation's mistakes as well as the American Government's mistakes. All of us are One with the situation. All of us, including BP employees (most of the working people) want this fixed and are doing their part, be it research, ideas, participation, to add value to the solution.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
I can tell you what is Americas problem.

Most all of its citizens are under some kind of hypnosis that somehow there is no conspiracy taking place even when there is enough evidence to the contrary that could fill the Library of Congress a 100 times over that does prove a conspiracy.

On top of that...America plays with their iPhones way too much. I'm wondering how many hours a day. Bet it is up there close to watching tv and listening to radio.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by superluminal11]

JESUS!!! Come on America! Wake the F*ck up!!! It's a very sad day for me to say I'm an American. Let's get one thing strait here. I was born and raised in America. I'm a Veteran of OIF/OEF. I'm married to a foreigner. So I get a very broad perspective. This is what I'm seeing out of my fellow Americans.

Concern for where the money is going to come from to pay for these peoples livelihoods. Millions of dollars for these people to sit on there asses now and be lazy for 10-20-30 years??? #, back in the day if this would have happened these people would have to go to work in factories and for other companies. Think about all the Farmers we had in the 1800's and early 1900's. Now you hardly see any farmers except the rich guys who bought all the farms up and then hired your grandpa's to work for them. hahaha. You people only care about your big ass TV's, your huge SUV's with TV's in them, and trolling around the mall with bags and bags of 1000's upon 1000's of dollars of items you don't f*ckin need to survive!!! You need to ALL read this story.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Ya, we could be that bad off. These people hardly have homes, they live in huts. They have NOTHING!!! And the Exxon company is raping them of everything. They have no fish anymore, their environment is screwed. They swim in oil daily. But who cares right, there just Africans. Another example of how selfish American's are. I've seen it, I've opened up my eyes. I've even been guilty of it myself. Playing PS3 or XBOX, yep. Indulging myself in Technology. But nothing can replace planting a garden, growing it up, then getting to pick fresh fruit and vegetables to feed your family, instead of just going to the local Wal-Mart to pick up some processed #! I'm sick of it. I'm done posting about it. I'll probably catch a lot of flack from Americans over this post. But remember, I am an American, I do celebrate Independence Day. I do believe this country isn't to far gone as long as we stand the hell up and do something instead of letting BP, Exxon, Sally Mae, Goldman Sachs, and OUR OWN GOVERNMENT run us over!!! We get caught up in ME ME ME too much and Democrat/Republican battles, like the stupid Tea Baggers. We need to stop voting for a president who is voted into office by the Electoral Vote and just vote for our Electorals. Maybe then if no one votes for the president they will listen to us. Or if out of the 7 million Americans here at least a Million of us write "# You" on our 1040EZ. But not enough of you dumbasses want to get together to stand up. P*ssy's. Just like those who join the military and go to war because they want to "kill someone". P*ssy's. Yes, if you aren't then why are you on here just talking and ranting on a website and not taking action. You tell me? Comments, well, please leave me a few good ones so I can laugh when you speak out and NEVER STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN OR WHAT IS RIGHT IN THIS WORLD AND THAT IS THE PRESERVATION OF THE HUMAN RACE!!!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ahitler]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JokerzRealityyuo must work for PB? You should be assamed of yourself Go Pound Slat with your comments

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When Americans want to act pretentious we speak with a British accent. When the head of BP says he wants his life back, we are reminded of how pretentious British people can be. Those in charge are British. We do not blame all the British people, just the pretentious guys in charge who wanted to save money by taking dangerous shortcuts. We know who called the shots and who is responsible. Trying to move all the responsibility to Americans is, well, pretentious.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Keyword:

SCAPEGOAT

I wasn't suprised when Halliburton was involved as far as the British stand tall...love you guys

la2

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
EXCELLENT OP!!!!

BP is actually 45% US owned.

All the gulf residents want is money, they were not exactly looking after the coastline before this terrible accident, Obama has only said 1 thing i agree with during all of this, and that was that this all stems from America's oil greed.

Grow up America, this is a tragic accident, so get off your asses and help BP, none of you have commented on how much effort BP is putting in, keep in mind this has never been attempted before.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join