It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
So let me get this right, in a world that is 2/3rd's ocean, a tiny amount (in the global scale of things) of a natural substance has leaked out of its natural hidy hole (granted through fault of man), and the American government is kicking off calling it the worst disaster since whatever worst disaster came before?
Wont the oil be eaten by them tiny little critters I can't quite think of the name of right now?
It's all natural folks. That stuff will be in the earth long after we have gone, its not man made you know (the oil, not it getting out and about, that is mans fault).
Oh and for all you "it's BRITISH petroleum's" fault, let me introduce you to the board of BP:
* Carl-Henric Svanberg – Chairman SWEDISH
* Byron Grote – Chief Financial Officer AMERICAN
* Andy Inglis – Chief executive BRITISH
* Antony Burgmans – Non-executive director DUTCH
* Cynthia Carroll – Non-executive director AMERICAN
* Sir William Castell – Non-executive director BRITISH
* George David – Non-executive director AMERICAN
* Tony Hayward – CEO/MD BRITISH
* Iain Conn - Chief executive BRITISH
* Erroll Davis - board of General AMERICAN
* Douglas J Flint CBE - director - BRITISH
* Dr DeAnne Julius - director of Chatham House BRITISH
* Robert Dudley - Managing director AMERICAN
* Ian Davis - Non-executive director BRITISH
OK the Brits take the lead, but its 7 for 7 if you combine the foreigners, and take into account that most of its top dogs aint British. I know the majority of people aren't thinking like that, but that list is for the small amount of folks who do.
If anyone notices any mistakes in that list, please mention it, I got most of the info from the BP site itself, although had to go googling for a small bit.
Originally posted by okbmd
What is it with those of you who are defending the British so vociferously ?
No one is saying this is a 'British' problem .
It is a BP problem .
Originally posted by superluminal11
I can tell you what is Americas problem.
Most all of its citizens are under some kind of hypnosis that somehow there is no conspiracy taking place even when there is enough evidence to the contrary that could fill the Library of Congress a 100 times over that does prove a conspiracy.
On top of that...America plays with their iPhones way too much. I'm wondering how many hours a day. Bet it is up there close to watching tv and listening to radio.
[edit on 17-6-2010 by superluminal11]