It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunryse
"now Halliburton? evidence seems to point that they are the ones to blame, concidering they were on site, 20 hours before the explosion doing 'something' "

Yes, they are clearly to blame. They were there... doing *something*... must have been something nefarious!

Do we have a sarcasm smiley? I need one.

you don't need sarcasm... I know I'm not the only person that believes this was allowed to happen, if not done intentionally.

energycommerce.house.gov...:committee-requests-information-on-halliburtons-cementing-activities- at-the-deepwater-horizon-rig&catid=154:correspondence&Itemid=55&layout=default&date=2010-04-01

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I cannot speak for everyone but here is a few reasons why I am mad at the BP Co.

Bp owns the rig, and makes the majority of the profit from it.

They did not meet the standards needed to operate the rig safely. (Of course, not proven yet.)

No transparency throughout this entire event. Giving way for people to speculate, theorize and fear just how bad this may get.

The reason I am furious is that BP is a foreign owned company but the U.S. taxpayer will end up paying for this. No matter what the politicians say, we will pay for this.

So I think that everyone has a right to be mad at BP. When the full force of this event washes up on shore or is rained on top of our heads......many more will become angry at BP.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is because it fits our President and the Liberals agenda to do so. Obama is an African Colonialist who enjoys thumbing his nose at the UK every chance he gets. By emphasizing the "British" in BP he gets to demonize big oil without taking the fallout for criticizing a "US" company. As you all know, the US media is so far in Obama's back pocket, that if he farts, they can tell you what flavor it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Laughable thread, really. I can't believe I'm actually contributing to a thread that amounts to nothing more than a troll for views, stars and flags...

Who was operating the rig, and who built the rig are irrelevant. The responsible party is whoever owns the rig (lease if you want to be technical about it).

And nobody is blaming anything on the British people. It's the company, British Petroleum, that is rightfully being held responsible. They are the ones responsible for procedures, practices, and maintenance on board the rig.

Whether the British company is directly at fault for the catastrophe is another matter, and one that merits discussion by a community such as ATS. However, there is no question that they are the responsible party.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Are the people being ridiculously insensitive and obviously purposefully trying to stir things up, actually British, or are they being paid to post threads like this?

Because if someone is actually stupid enough to ask, what is our problem, should relocate to the gulf coast for the next six months (at least) so they can see first hand what our American problem is. It's the same problem that is going to be the whole world's problem pretty soon.

Some people obviously hate Americans for no apparent reason. Or else they are being paid to act hateful. All I have to say is that a lot of people are getting added to my ignore list today.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I find it disheartening that most of you can't see past all this fluff. You have fallen once again for the typical political propaganda and jargon.

The reason this is being played out in this political fashion has more to do with something along these lines.

- Before the accident on April 20, BP was Britain's biggest company, with a stock market value of £122 billion. Since then, £49 billion has been wiped off its value.
On Wednesday, BP's share price fell a further 17.35p to 391.55p – representing a 40 per cent drop on the 655p price of a share two months ago.

- I dont have the exact % feel free to find it somewhere but there is alot of british pention money tied up in that. Thus why your seeing all the political fallout on both sides.

British Newspapers - The Americans DID IT! Read it here.

American Newspapers - The Brits DID IT! Read it here.

Grow up people. This in the middle of one of the worst finacial crisis albeit the great depression will bring more political calamity. Why?

Becouse like some others have pointed out.

It keeps you all infighting. All the while the real losers financially and economicaly will be the american and british citizens. Not the big companies or the rich elite that will be sitting at their mansion doing squat after decades of the largest profits ever afforded to corporate companies.
No sir you will be in your cubical working 40 to 70 hrs a week for pennnies on the dollar in terms of inflation sitting on a forum somewhere in fighting about whos fault it was.

Eventually we will all wake up to the nightmare we live in. Its just a matter of time. I hope sooner rather then later.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

BP...

BRITISH PETROLEUM.

not American.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Because Americans love the environment more than anything else...It has become the new religion here! This country's people have their priority's all screwed up, they put a higher value on animal suffering than Human suffering. The lives of the (innocent animals) among us has somehow achieved a status of greater concern in the consciousness of Americans than the poor and starving people's of the Earth that are enduring unimaginable hardships right now!

Hell they even hate their own kind! They consider mankind unworthy, as all he ever does is pollute his environment and pave over nature to satisfy his insatiable greed!

Animals and the environment however are mere victims. Totally Innocent and Worthy of our sympathy. Show a picture of a starving child and most here will hardly bat an eye. Show a picture of an oil soaked Pelican and you will provoke an intense reaction of outrage, sadness and guilt!

THIS IS SICK PEOPLE WAKE UP!

Why is this the way you behave?

How much time have you spent searching Google for solutions to the oil spill? There have even been people on this site proclaim that they are even ashamed that they own a car and use petrol! Some have even claimed that they have given up driving their automobiles altogether and now ride a bike everywhere they go!

This insanity must stop!

The environmentalist nut job will surely come on here and post that by my writing this I'm somehow contributing to the destruction of the Earth...This assertion is completely ludicrous! I can no more have helped prevent the Gulf oil spill than the squirrels that live in my neighborhood!
Furthermore I lack any capacity to positively affect the cleanup, no matter how much I were to cry about it on anonymous websites like this! Chances are that no one who has anything to do with public policy would even read my emotional dribbling.

Look, does the oil spill suck? Yes! Is it the worst thing that has ever happened? No...Hell No!

You are a fool if you believe Animal>People, and that is exactly what all this outrage boils down to!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Do you realise how deeply irrelevant your post is?

This DISASTER has possibly put HUMANITY itself on the brink of total CATASTROPHE, and yet in your last hours, so to speak, you are looking to apportion nationalistic blame. How mind controlled you are!

And where is your compassion for all the people in the Gulf? Do you think they need to read this rubbish right now? Their problem today, OURS TOMORROW!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No one ever said the British are responsible. British Petroleum is responsible...which is a company 45% American owned, 55% British owned. The British are not responsible. This is not about you and your people.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

By your reasoning, if you are driving a car owned by me and you have an accident, I am responsible for the cost of repairs and damages.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Æsop
I find it disheartening that most of you can't see past all this fluff. You have fallen once again for the typical political propaganda and jargon.

The reason this is being played out in this political fashion has more to do with something along these lines.

- Before the accident on April 20, BP was Britain's biggest company, with a stock market value of £122 billion. Since then, £49 billion has been wiped off its value.
On Wednesday, BP's share price fell a further 17.35p to 391.55p – representing a 40 per cent drop on the 655p price of a share two months ago.

- I dont have the exact % feel free to find it somewhere but there is alot of british pention money tied up in that. Thus why your seeing all the political fallout on both sides.

I believe this was the main reason this was allowed to happen. to rob the middle class of their retirement, and further enslave them to the elites/governments.

www.zerohedge.com...

pensionpulse.blogspot.com...

the elite pulled out of BP in the weeks before the explosion

______beforeitsnews/news/71/558/Goldman_Sachs_Sold_44_of_its_BP_stock_three_weeks_before_the_Deepwater_Horizon_explosion.html

including the CEO

www.democraticunderground.com...

this was not an accident

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

By your reasoning, if you are driving a car owned by me and you have an accident, I am responsible for the cost of repairs and damages.

actually, that is accurate is some places

I owned a car.
it was registered in my ex-wife's name.
I sold said car to her brother-in-law.
made the mistake of assuming he would register it in his name.
he got into an accident while it was still registered to my ex.
SHE was sued and ended up having to file bankruptcy.

it happens

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

All humans have the free will to make the choice to do whatever they want, whenever... humans have a choice to take care of themselves and if some of us have fallen and need others help, that is a different issue. Animals have not raise to that level of conscious awareness and one of the best, most loving things that a human soul can do is help and love those below us with respect to their level of conscious awareness... all the animals. They are there for us to take care of, watch over, and love... for all of creation.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
well when the crown has alot of money tied up in a company doesn't that kinda make it british

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Its not the Brits.... It's BP....

You know Beyond Petroleum?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What every one is ignoring is that oil rigs likr the DH are registered as ships and this one was registered in the Marshall Islands. It is responsible and we should nuke them. Wait! Wait! We already did! 67 times, in fact. Bikini and Enewetak atolls are part of the Marshalls. We dropped the equivalent to 7,000 Hiroshima bombs on the Marshals. www.nuclearclaimstribunal.com... Maybe the spill is revenge by the Marshal Islanders.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
What every one is ignoring is that oil rigs likr the DH are registered as ships and this one was registered in the Marshall Islands. It is responsible and we should nuke them. Wait! Wait! We already did! 67 times, in fact. Bikini and Enewetak atolls are part of the Marshalls. We dropped the equivalent to 7,000 Hiroshima bombs on the Marshals. www.nuclearclaimstribunal.com... Maybe the spill is revenge by the Marshal Islanders.

lol I think you may be onto something here...

2nd line

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think on both sides of the pond the media are trying to blow this all out of proportion. On sky News yesterday they had cameras in Florida asking people there opinions on the oil spill and the BP apology and one woman wanted to know why the Queen hadn't stept in yet, and someone else saying Obama only came for the photo opportunity!! They are just hyping it all up to get reactions for there news bites.
I think its a complete mess on all sides including BP (which is British and American) and Obama being a media whore. Stop all the back biting and get on and sort the spill out!!!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's not a question of who made what and who was running this equipment and that equipment. It's a matter of ultimate responsibility.

If it's BP's Rig... it's their responsibility. Corporations are responsible for what happens with their equipment on their watch, just as Governments are responsible what happens in their nations on their watch, irregardless of the circumstances.

I'd like to use Toyota as an example, if I may. The recent lack of Quality Assurance protocols currently in place and followed by the Lean Manufacturing standard (That Toyota practically created, by the way) weren't sufficient enough to catch the issues that have led to millions of cars recalled for brake failure issues. The thing I'm getting to is that it doesn't matter what vendor made what part, and what machine shop they job out to to make another part, if it was defective. It also is arbitrary if the assembly worker was from America, Korea, or even Mars. The issue is that it's a direct line of responsibility on the corporate level. The Toyota Motor Company is liable, and therefore responsible.

In this case: BP's rig, BP's responsibility. I don't want to bash the Brits, I like them. I just want to be able to enjoy Cajun cuisine again sometime in the foreseeable future, without it tasting like someone dropped a zippo lighter in the pot.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join