It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why are you all bitching about BP?

What is the problem with this site all of a sudden?

Did we all forget to deny ignorance recently?

The Deepwater drilling rig was owned by an AMERICAN company: uk.ask.com...

The rig was under lease to BP until 2013 from an AMERICAN company.

It was being operated by AMERICANS at the time of the disaster...

So why is it that the BRITISH are responsible?

Every thread I have looked at related to this issue blames the British and British Petroleum for this disaster.

The Rig was built by Hyundai.

The Blowout Preventor that caused the problem wasn't built by the British...

So why are the British people being blamed?

What about the South Koreans who built the rig?

What about the Americans who run the rig, or the AMERICANS that owned the rig?

It seems like a case of scapegoats to me...

It is humanity that is to blame. It is all of us, our dependence on oil, and refusal to demand cleaner forms of technology. Greed is to blame, and our refusal to be selfless. We are to blame for not encouraging one another to buy a bycicle, or to walk to work, instead of using the car. For buying a polyvinylchloride waterproof coat instead of a natural fibre one.

Rocket science it aint.

Thoughts anyone?

[edited to add an important point]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Agreed!!

S & F for you

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Sauron]

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol.

Give me a break.

Even BP claims it's responsible.

Here. Food for thought:

BP agrees to Fund, Chairman apologizes

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

BP is part American isn't it?

BP has claimed responsibility didn't it?

The end bill will be split by all the companies that have a vested interest in the well. It will be BP, Transocean, and an Texan company.

But BP has the most interest in that well and they are the ones handling the situation. If it was Haliburton handling the clean-up than people would criticize Haliburton. It is whoever chooses to take the heat.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sorry to bring this news to you, but BP took responsibility, is paying out liabilities, have just open a trust fund, and guess what, they most be guilty of the spill to do all that and be willing to lose billions in the process.

Case close my friend. . .

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I agree, this site has turned into a pile of s*** recently. No one caring for the facts and everyone wants to spew hate and anger from their online soapboxes.

Time to change.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OMG isn't this almost exactly like the other topic about the "just a bloody oil spill?" Please post this somewhere else...like in that other topic as your agreement...or something.

Edit to say...maybe it's just the title I'm having a visceral reaction to.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Lol.

Give me a break.

Even BP claims it's responsible.

Here. Food for thought:

BP agrees to Fund, Chairman apologizes

Beat me to it so I starred you...

Thanks

link   

The Rig was built by Hyundai.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to bring this news to you, but BP took responsibility, is paying out liabilities, have just open a trust fund, and guess what, they most be guilty of the spill to do all that and be willing to lose billions in the process.

Case close my friend. . .

Because that was the deal when they leased the rig. That they are ultimately accountable. The OP makes a very valid point being ignored by the vast majority of people on this forum. A lot of different companies from a lot of different countries are involved.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

No, that is not truth, many threads are showing very good information about the spill, only those that sensationalize are behind the so call "hateful threads".

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
thing is people dont realize that fighting is what the PTB want us to do... pointing fingers at each other.

keeping us distracted while they bank off this disaster, and laughing at us pretty much.

Its not the Britts fault, and its not the Americans fault... its everyone's fault because we have our heads up our own keister's (id say something else... but censors n all) and are so misinformed that we just know how to place blame on someone else.

/rant over

[edit on 6/16/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And is very sad that BP was the one to get the disaster in their rig. Now they have to pay the price from drilling in US waters.

+17 more 
link   
Most of what I was going to say has been covered except:

I don't think anyone ever said "those darn Brits always polluting our gulf"!

Just because we are going after a British company does not mean it incites hatred for the British people.

Company and Country are two totally different things. Get a grip.

link   
A rig built by Koreans and operated by Americans - under the DIRECTION of a British company. The practices and policies were implemented by BP. Certainly, there need to be repurcussions for any party that is found to have been neglectful, but BP is the company who made the decision to drill, and they're the ones responsible for the policies that caused this to happen. The lions share of the guilt does belong to BP.

That being said, let's focus more on getting it fixed than who we're going to string up. It's completely unproductive to throw stones.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You folks seem to omit the fact that it was a BP employee who made the decisions that were taken before the explosion.

The oilmen on the rig wanted to do things differently.

BP is responsible in every way.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

No, that is not truth, many threads are showing very good information about the spill, only those that sensationalize are behind the so call "hateful threads".

It is only my opinion, but a lot of these oil threads are derailing like those about Israel and Palestine. Yes, this is an emotionally charged situation and people want to vent their anger, but I think a lot of it is being misdirected.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
BP also drills in Alaska, they have many blunders in Alaska from dumping poison to lack of maintenance of oil pipe lines causing spills.

But nothing like we have in the gulf, now this is all over the news because the financial downfall is too big to ignore.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Seriously people do you all think BP is a British company? Please for the last time, it is 39% owned by Americans. Please deny ignorance.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Have BP hired shills infiltrated this site? Where did all this sudden unexpected compassion for a freaking corporation come from anyhow?

Come on people, boycott BP, otherwise YOU will be funding this clean-up with those dollars you'll be putting into their pockets if you keep buying that gas.

Heck man, if you have sympathy for BP station owners, go in there and buy their milk and sodas and sandwiches ... BUT DO NOT buy BP gas, because if you do, YOU will be funding this cleanup.

And hey, most BP station owners will tell you they make very little, if any, profit on their BP gas sales (BP makes all the profit on THAT!!!). The BP station owners make their profit on the other stuff they sell in the store, so continue to buy that, just don't buy any more fuel from TOXIC TONY INC.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join