It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
it must be bp, our society has perfect government system. so bp has done this purpose to screw us. we can only trust american companies, they have the best interest for society. in fact, lets cut off all our foreign transactions, the world is a bad place out side of our borders.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Please read my post to 25cents and I just let it rip before I actually thought about it. Just tired of folks talking like this is no big deal and we should get over it. I just cannot believe that the gulf of mexico will never be the same in my lifetime and how this event will destroy peoples lives. I have many friends in the west coast of Fla. that either fish commercially or in some way are in the seafood industry. Most of these people have not done anything else in their lives and they depend on this industry. I just hate seeing people act like it is no big deal when they are not here to see the whole thing go down. Like I said I just shot from the hip and I apologize for the off the cuff comments.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

I'd say about 1.7 million gallons a day is the problem!

There are many floors in your argument in my humble opinion...

It’s all very well pointing out the fact that the Rig was owned by an American company and that the BOP was made in wherever... but the fact remains that it was a BP operation...

How would you feel if your TV stopped working and when you contacted the manufacturers they said "The double head diode stopped working, sorry, but we don’t build them. We ship them in from china... not our problem"

I know i wouldn’t be happy with that answer...

The days of a single company making all of the parts that it requires in construction, research or whatever, are long gone... TV’s, Stereo’s, Cars, everything that you buy probably has 4 or 5 separate companies involved in its manufacture. However, it is the badge on the front that is held accountable should something go wrong.

Someone has to be accountable and in this case its BP.

With regards to Anti-British sentiment... I'm afraid that the daily Mail and other such newspapers are whipping up a frenzy simply to sell more papers (and probably because they want to protect BP)

But the truth is that the average American does not hold any grudges against Britain. BP is a multi-national company and does not represent Britain...

BP no longer stands for British Petroleum due to the 1988 merger with Amoco.

I am sure that there are some stupid Americans who are blaming Britain for this... But there are also some stupid British who burn American flags because they don’t like the American running their football team...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the while we argue about such nonsense millions of gallons are still leaking... let’s not forget what’s most important here...

Oh... and lets not forget... BP have taken responsibility for this... you think they would do that if they were innocent??

Peace

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it is freaking BP's fault

I am sure they knew the risks when they did that ... just stop

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What is our problem? Our problem is that BP said "drill, baby drill" when there were known problems.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Just to add on from earler post. I to am an american that lives in Ga. by way of the gulf coast of Fla. I may not agree with the way our country is being run, but I am proud to be an american and I do take offense when anybody starts bashing the people of this country. I don't know maybe I am a little to proud somedays.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Alright that's it.
Only one way to settle this. Do it for Johnny man.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Love it... Stay gold man!!!

Aint seen that for a long while

I guess thats one way to sort it out

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh I needed that.. I feel better now!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Most of what I was going to say has been covered except:

I don't think anyone ever said "those darn Brits always polluting our gulf"!

Just because we are going after a British company does not mean it incites hatred for the British people.

Company and Country are two totally different things. Get a grip.

Its quite mad actually because the vast majority of the public, people on this site and all over the world have absolutely nothing to do with BP or anyone else involved.

In my eyes, if anyone really cared, was so angry, was feeling cheated or whatever bad vibes come from this. They would get off their backside and go help clean it up, then they can say its someone else fault they had to do something about it.

Im shocked at some of the replies in this thread.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Hi, I'm Toxic Tony, and I want to say that we are proud to announce that we have established an escrow account which we will fund with monies we will be continuing to receive from YOU over the next several years in order to pay for OUR irresponsible and negligent decisions which resulted in this disaster which has claimed my life which I will get back as soon as YOU all get over this little spill in that big old gulf of yours. The next time you fill up with gas, choose British Petroleum, which is really YOUR petroleum, and you'll be helping to bail me and my other rich executive friends out of this freaking nightmare that we promise will happen again one day. So pick up that pump and fill-er-up at BP, because after all, it's YOUR oil, not ours, we were just trying to make a buck off ya'll .. which we will continue to do as a result of your willful voluntary cooperation, because after all, it is really you that will be tasked to pay for this mess .. with your next fill-up at BP. Thank you until we meet again over another disaster caused by our greed and negligence to rob you all blind."

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I hear ya man, but there are better ways to hande those who don't understand how bad this situation truly is then by breaking out the WWII card. Debate 'em, try to enlighten 'em, or if it gets you riled up too much cool off and leave 'em alone...

Believe me though, I've got friends and family down on the Gulf Coast - I do know how catastrophic this will ultimately wind up being.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
OK this has gone far enough, if it was ExxonMobil or Chevron directing the operation of an oilrig in the English Channel and SHTF similar to the Deepwater Horizon, who would you Brits blame for the economical and environmental disasters?

1. The Englishmen working on the rig?

2. The U.S. Government because they were American companies?

3. The British Government for letting American companies operate the rig with very few laws and regulations in place because BIG OIL owns your politicians?

4. Or, the American Company that holds the title of the oilrig and is in charge of fixing the problem?

That is what I thought, CASE CLOSED! Thread Ended.

We aren't blaming the British people as a whole we are blaming the irresponsible international company with a history of hundreds of safety and health violations.

All reports are that a BP company man would not listen to the engineers on board the rig about the foreseen problems. You guys are caught up in the nationalism of your country and company. You are listening to what your MSM is telling you.

You should just be thankful that the worst environmental disaster ever didn't happen near your shores.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm British. I blame BP. A BP man was resonsible for rushing the drilling, apparently, and over-riding a key decision regarding getting the well ready for production.

If so many of us weren't feeling the economic pinch, especially since so many pensions rely on BP's share price (£1 out of every £6 in dividends paid to pension funds comes from BP) there would not be the merest hint of any appropation against the US for blaming BP.We would all be howling for BP blood over here too.

I understand your feelings, I really do.

Edit for ridiculous tiredness-based spelling error.....

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Alright that's it.
Only one way to settle this. Do it for Johnny man.

Ace!

I was actually thinking of this...

(1:32 onwards)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just because BP is being blamed, that does not mean we are blaming the British. To say we are blaming the British because it is called BRITISH Petroleum is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

I will take this one step farther, IF people start dying from the after effects of this oil spill, or a major part of our economy is destroyed for a significant time, I will have absolutely no problem seeing B2s and B52s carpet bombing london. Wars have been fought for far less of a good reason, and you better believe that's a hell of lot better one than imaginary WMDS.

Is that a little harsh? yeah maybe, but lets not forget who the original terrorists on American soil were

I would like to imagine you are joking, but something tells me you are serious. So you are going to declare war on the UK. You know, I guess this is what ATS has come to.

Moderators, Count Chocul's post only serves to incite more anger and hate. Please have it removed. It serves no purpose and in a number of senses it is quite hypocritical. Need we go into America's quest for global dominance?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Do you work for BP? Why do you care if we trash a multinational corporation?
Are they polluting your backyard? Put you out of work? Destroyed your livelihood? Killing lots of animals on your beaches?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just me thinking out loud, but probably an inside job, just follow
the MONEY people, look into who profited from this disaster and
you will know who to put the blame on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join