It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory screening of multinational executives for sociopathic tendencies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate section if you desire, mods.

I just got off the phone with my congresscritters' aides after asking them to introduce legislation MANDATING psychological screening of all multinational corporate executives for sociopathy, just like they demand drug screening for the plebes.

Given what's happened in the banking and oil industries over the past few years, I don't think it is out of line or too much to ask. If they are found to be sociopaths then they should be removed from positions of power and precluded from ever engaging in business again. I'm pretty sure you can't rehab a sociopath, so it would be far too dangerous to allow them to continue to wield power.

Upon determination of a diagnosis of sociopathy, those persons should be further investigated for hidden criminal behavior and prosecuted if found. If there is no direct evidence, they should be retired or allowed only to work in fields where their mental predispositions cannot harm others.

I view this as no more a violation of their rights than drug screening is for everyone else, and being a executive sociopath is far more potentially harmful than being a drug using employee.

I welcome rational (i.e., non-emotional) discussion of this concept and support for it if you agree: call your national politicians and demand mental screening of executives.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by apacheman]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Only if the screening is done on all would-be politicians too. But who is in charge of that? Bah, it'll never work, sociopaths will find ways to claw their way to the top. That's what they do. Implement this plan and within 15 years a sociopath will be the one running all the tests.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I like the idea. But doubt it could be implemented. But good thinking.......it would be nice if we could get the sociopaths out of positions of power. Thank of all the job openings that would be created. My guess is that greater than 75% would fail the test.

Edit to add,

And good point newlyawakened, they would be running the test soon enough. Lol.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Yes politicians would need to be tested, too, but since so many politicians are former business executives, the overlap would help.

It is always easier to target a smaller group first, then expand...it's what they've done to us whenever new controls are implemented. It isn't productive or helpful to say it flatout won't work. Try figuring out a way to keep the sociopaths from running the testing instead.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
double post

Perhaps even the public discussion of this might help change behavior?

I'd at least like to see it out there, even if it is pooh-poohed by the msm, introducing the meme might be useful.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by apacheman]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If we could get the politicians drug tested, and not just illegal drugs, maybe we could start seeing some solutions.

I'm pro-legalization, but I think if its OK for employees who can injur or kill other workers while under the influence to get tested, why not test the people who can do the most killing and injury to the American citizens.

Plus, I would love to know who's on what physciatric pills. It may explain alot, lol

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Excellent point.

Perhaps the reason a lot of stuff is ignored is that too many politicos are on legal happy pills that alleviate tensions and concerns?

A full list of the psychotropic drugs prescribed to Congress would be highly enlightening, I think. Perhaps it could be found sideways by checking the per capita drug sales in the DC metro area?

Anyone here have the capacity to dig that sort of info out?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
hahaha! you can't stop sociopaths, To protect the sheep you've got to catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.
True sociopaths wipe their asses with methods designed to detect them by people like you. You can't even begin to imagine how terribly afraid you need to be of sociopaths and I doubt you understand what a real sociopath actually is, the term is thrown freely at anybody who's a bit of a dick these days. It's an insult to sociopaths.

EDIT - I'm still laughing, actually laughing out loud, from the OP. This thread is ironic on so many levels.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Arkady]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
An interesting concept.

Although I have to ask, who enforces this legislation?

If it's left up to the government, or even the medical industry, it will be VERY easy for them to fake these tests and evaluations to suit whatever company wants to get in.

Also, nobody is going to open a criminal investigation into ANYBODY if the only qualifier is that they've tested positive for psychosis.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

A lot of true sociopaths have been brought to justice: Jeffrey Dahmer springs to mind. Their best defense is the lack of scrutiny they are given, allowing them to pursue their behaviors without direct notice.

I'd rather make the attempt than give up without trying, if we remove even a few, we will be much better off.

They can be stopped, but only if we make the effort.

Perhaps it is my Apache upbringing: I was taught that when you are alone, outnumbered, outgunned, and can't run, your best option is to ATTACK! with all the ferocity you can manage. You might surprise and shock the enemy enough to escape. Even if you fail, the enemy will be forced to become more cautious and will feel the terror of your attack in his soul for the rest of his life, thus helping to protect your people with your death.

I've never been a believer that "nothing can be done" to stop evil men.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The thing is, in the corporate and political hierarchy, to make it to the top, it is almost necessary to be a sociopath. Clinton and both Bush's fit the description. Trump, Gates, Madoff and many others exhibit the signs.

Capitalism is built on sociopaths.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Capitalism is built on sociopaths.

Yea because Maoist China, Soviet Russia, North Korea, Iran, Nazi Germany, the Aztec Empire and other paragons of national and economic non-capitalist excellence were led by mentally stable leaders. Right.

Seriously though...

Almost any one that rises to lead others are 99.9% certain to exhibit sociopath traits. This ranges from a local first grade student council representative all the way to the Pope.

I would bet good money that even the bureaucrats in charge of mandatory sociopath screening will likely have sociopath tendencies themselves.

This is the reason why the original intent of the U.S. Constitution is so good. It aims to limit those in power and disrupts a politician's natural sociopath tendencies.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Another good point.

Perhaps we can set a scale of "acceptable" levels of sociopathy?

Once an individual has been identified as sociopathic, they could be required to submit to yearly screening for changes?

Probably the best way to screen them is to do blind processing of the results: several different teams of psychologists can review the results without knowing who the results belonged to, and applying the sociopath label only to those whose results are aggregately over some threshold?

Say 65-75% agreement that the results were positive for a sociopathic personality?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's well known that sociapathic/psychopathic tendencies are very similar to the minds of many of the most successful CEO's.

Tests have been done using the gold standard in testing, and the similarities are there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Unfortunately, you are right. Sociopaths are allowed to run things because the sheep DO need and want someone to protect them from the wolves leading their own flocks of sheep. Someone to do all the things the sheep want done, but cannot bring themselves to do. Which is what makes the whole idea of a NWO interesting to me.

When would it be feasible to get rid of sociopaths? When there is no competing group with its own wolf leading it. A one world government may end up being put in place by sociopaths, for their own reasons, but it also offers probably the very best chance of making them redundant.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by Arkady

A lot of true sociopaths have been brought to justice: Jeffrey Dahmer springs to mind. Their best defense is the lack of scrutiny they are given, allowing them to pursue their behaviors without direct notice.

But do you have any idea how few that is of the whole? You understand that these were the least 'talented' possibly the most human of them and THAT was their undoing?

I'd rather make the attempt than give up without trying, if we remove even a few, we will be much better off.

True, but you would need to target those holding positions of power, a true sociopath in a position of power is an incredible force to be reckoned with.
As I said, I believe it will take a wolf to catch a wolf.

They can be stopped, but only if we make the effort.

Maybe.

Perhaps it is my Apache upbringing: I was taught that when you are alone, outnumbered, outgunned, and can't run, your best option is to ATTACK! with all the ferocity you can manage. You might surprise and shock the enemy enough to escape. Even if you fail, the enemy will be forced to become more cautious and will feel the terror of your attack in his soul for the rest of his life, thus helping to protect your people with your death.
Very true. But think about this as it applies to a Sociopath, they are not cowards and will meet you with relish, "blow for blow". Prey that 'fights' back is a novelty enjoyed by sociopaths as a cat enjoys playing with a mouse.

I've never been a believer that "nothing can be done" to stop evil men.

Nor I but clearly that thing that can be done remains unknown to us. I do not believe your solution of screening is novel enough to work. Better perhaps that no one man can hold enough power to affect such negative change in the world if he is indeed a Sociopath?

By the way, not only do I believe it would fail - I strongly dissaprove of your idea for screening and would fight against it should anybody attempt to implement such a system.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't like this idea, at all.

People already have to go through a lot, to get a job. They have to pee, and have background checks done.

If you propose this for executives, it will trickle down to the masses who work for corporations, too!

Imagine a person applying for a job at McDonalds having to do such a thing!

Silly!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
But think about this as it applies to a Sociopath, they are not cowards and will meet you with relish, "blow for blow". Prey that 'fights' back is a novelty enjoyed by sociopaths as a cat enjoys playing with a mouse.

Bad analogy. Actually, fighting back with a predator animal like a cat is your only hope. I have seen a little bitty rat turn around and make a cat go "Hmmm," and seen a much larger more capable prey animal killed because running itself is part of the driver for predation.

I think you are romanticizing sociopaths a tad. They are good at what they do, but they arent all Ubermensch. They are human, and one of the reasons they are hard to detect is because they are very aware that they would be in danger if they were too open about what they did. History is littered with the corpses of sociopaths dispatched by their sheep.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
History is littered with the corpses of sociopaths dispatched by their sheep.

And built upon those of sheep dispatched by their sociopaths. How many millions?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I think you are romanticizing sociopaths a tad. They are good at what they do, but they arent all Ubermensch. They are human, and one of the reasons they are hard to detect is because they are very aware that they would be in danger if they were too open about what they did.

Don't mistake my respect for romanticism. Look around you, I see a world dominated by evil - but enough good left in it to allow those who look to see clearly that it is the former, not the latter, that our society at present serves. They are winning, and that needs to be respected if not feared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join