It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Well hook up some links already.

This IS the survival forums after all...

I suck at links if you type in the original illuminated rifle scope on ebay search you will find it. They are always like 100 bucks. And they ship from Germany so it is expensive but worth the money for the scope. The reticle is very nice and is range finding. And it also has a adjustable objective on the front not the side. I would have kept it if it had one on the side I hate turning it with the lens cap on.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
EDIT

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Good point? My socom2 smokes after 20 fast rounds.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Question.

How many rounds can you shoot with a scope like this before the heated barrel causes heat interference?

With an AK you fire a few mags off in a 20 minute window and it starts to get HOT. I didn;t even thinkofthis limitation until now. Our fun day out tho, the *NEW* AR with high quality brass cases, and mag followers, jammed beyond all reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Question.

How many rounds can you shoot with a scope like this before the heated barrel causes heat interference?

With an AK you fire a few mags off in a 20 minute window and it starts to get HOT. I didn;t even thinkofthis limitation until now. Our fun day out tho, the *NEW* AR with high quality brass cases, and mag followers, jammed beyond all reason.

My ruger-sr556 only likes pmc? I am glad it is cheap.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
he misses alot, thats really doesn't look like a hard shot.

bit crap really. plus any decent hunter would aim for the head.

not hit it in the neck and then watch it die, like the fourth pig.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
# Prices DO NOT include meals. We will eat at local restaurants.

It's hard to not admire that. They deliberately seek to bring funds into the local economy with whatever 'sick bastards' they manage to draw into the region.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

You are wrong it is so hard to shot something that is running take a look at the reticle these are tough shots. At least the moving one's are.

Also you do not aim for the head you aim for the under the shoulder and back a little to hit vital organs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It's hard to not admire that. They deliberately seek to bring funds into the local economy with whatever 'sick bastards' they manage to draw into the region.

Ya you would think they would at least be eating a ham dinner or something.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Some shots look unskilled and sloppy, but others they are seriously leading them.

The point is that crew moves in on your crew at night: GAME OVER.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Ya you would think they would at least be eating a ham dinner or something.

True, but after the culling I doubt they are tossing the carcasses to the compost heap.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Some shots look unskilled and sloppy, but others they are seriously leading them.

The point is that crew moves in on your crew at night: GAME OVER.

Ya I would love to have this scope but I will have to settle with my eotech for now. It does the job I do want a magnifier for it in the future with flip mount. Pricey to say the least.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In Texas feral hogs are classed the same as rats.
In texas wild hogs are not game animals
Feral hogs do about $50 million in damage to crops and property in Texas each year.

They have over a million and they multiply faster then the hunters can shoot them.

Using a thermal imaging scope is still fair as they are pest.

I used to hunt them with a 1911 .45

Many of these hog are for meat and its frozen and sent to France where they love it and will pay a premium.
The worst part was the french imported them to Texas in the first place.
www.texfiles.com...

Even then there are a lot of poor Texans that smoke the hogs and rarely buy meat from a store.

The nice thing about hogs in Texas is you can hunt them with just about anything. throwing knives. big bore air-rifles. bows, crossbows.

And if you want to really go primitive you can even hunt them with spears.

And that Free range pork is a lot better then any industrial farm pork

petalac.blog-city.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

True, but after the culling I doubt they are tossing the carcasses to the compost heap.

From the website:

We also donate much of our harvest to provide nutritious meals for families in need.

Hunters should bring portable coolers large enough to transport their wild pork (with ice) home. Hunters are not obligated to keep all meat as we have a donation program to local families and churches within the area. Source

I'm not sure if that means that one can keep all that one kills, although 22 hogs seems like a bit much.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Subjective Truth

They get paid by farmers to eliminate the "trespassing livestock" feral hogs. Hogs have no "rights". There is no "hog season". They aren't native. They're trespassing pests.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

'

Amen. Have any of you seen what these things can do to a paved road?

I'm not going to talk about what they can do to you or a child!

Killem and eatem!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
That was despicable.

2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well if faced with pigs eating all my food i'd be out there trying to solve the problem, this is pig control.. there are quite a few in those videos if you havn't noticed.

I've been looking into thermal scopes for nature film making purposes, and have found out about combined night vision + thermal scopes. That's what i'd be keen to get my sweaty paws on. However you can never rely on technology when SHTF.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i believe in your right to hunt but dammit i also believe that killing 22 pigs just bcoz you can is frickin shameful!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It sure would be a good defense for about 1 - 2 seconds before you saw the muzzle flash.

I saw this and begged my wife, "Honey but I need one".
She just looked at me with that "you poor little kitten" look that she gives me. I guess that's a no!

Either way I agree with above posters, that is a lot of pork going to waste.
I would have done the same as the hunters in the video but I'd be eating alot of ham sandwiches.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Why? If they're a threat for anyone, it's better to kill them off.

That scope looks really great and i would certainly like to try it out killing some hogs

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join