It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperately seeking Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What with the vast number of posts from people talking about the situation between Israel and Palestine, are there any members currently living in Palestine and able to voice their opinion on the situation. There is a lot of bull on this site, but there are also a few interesting posters who would be keen to get an inside view.

Is there anybody out there?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's curious that you want to speak to Palestinians but you don't seem to want to speak to Israelis living in Israel right now!

Are you trying to generate a narrative that is based on the information from one side of the fence only that fits your personal agenda ??

If so, please declare such intentions lest people mistake you for someone searching for the Truth!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
It's curious that you want to speak to Palestinians but you don't seem to want to speak to Israelis living in Israel right now!

Are you trying to generate a narrative that is based on the information from one side of the fence only that fits your personal agenda ??

If so, please declare such intentions lest people mistake you for someone searching for the Truth!

No, I have spoken with someone from Israel. Eliad, I believe is the person's name and commented on his well balanced points of view. I come from a school that simply likes two sides to a story.

... and why the hell is everyone so quick to judge here. I have no agenda, only a desire to speak with open minds.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would be interested to see the view point of someone from Palestine.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

I think most of the world know that it's israels government that's completely insane and not it's people.

They do have hate rallies and such, but I think the percentage of israelis that are violent is the same as the percentage of Palestinians that are violent.

However the innocent people, which is the VAST majority of both populations, both suffer under the foot of the same government.

The israeli government is a terrorist state and have become nothing short of the Nazis of our time.

You cannot use being Jewish as a reason to break the ten commandments God gave Moses.

That is unless the Zionists in control really do have no cares about the actual religion of Judaism, as the Orthodox Jews have claimed since 1948 and still preach to this day.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
reply to post by IAF101

I think most of the world know that it's israels government that's completely insane and not it's people.

They do have hate rallies and such, but I think the percentage of israelis that are violent is the same as the percentage of Palestinians that are violent.

However the innocent people, which is the VAST majority of both populations, both suffer under the foot of the same government.

The israeli government is a terrorist state and have become nothing short of the Nazis of our time.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

I would go as far to say that Israel is governed by a hard line right and Hamas has a history of violence. What interests me is the people from both countries. I have read and listened to interviews from a number of Jews deploring their governments' actions and political posturing, but in the interest of balance, I want to hear from Palestinians. Even those living outside of their country.

ATS should be a way for both sides of the story to be told.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If anything, the voice of a Palestinian has more bearing on the situation than an Israeli. It's not a 50/50 sort of thing. Israelis live in Israel. I don't ask Palestinians about the internal affairs of Israel, I ask Israelis. When you want to find out what's going on in Palestine, the only Israeli point of view with real bearing would be from an IDF soldier, or a settler.

I'm not saying that anyone else's viewpoints don't matter, but some points of view are more relevant than others. I ask engineers about technology. Nutritionists about health. Ann Coulter about what it's like to be the devil. Etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
If anything, the voice of a Palestinian has more bearing on the situation than an Israeli. It's not a 50/50 sort of thing. Israelis live in Israel. I don't ask Palestinians about the internal affairs of Israel, I ask Israelis. When you want to find out what's going on in Palestine, the only Israeli point of view with real bearing would be from an IDF soldier, or a settler.

I'm not saying that anyone else's viewpoints don't matter, but some points of view are more relevant than others. I ask engineers about technology. Nutritionists about health. Ann Coulter about what it's like to be the devil. Etc.

I hear what you are saying. It would be great to get a Palestinian voice on this forum. Just trying to find a way to do it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

That is ridiculous, firstly Israel does not have a blockade in place so it is easy to find out what the situation is like in Israel...

Secondly, last time I checked the OP is entitled to base HIS thread on anything he likes...

You are entitled to do the same..
So get going and start a thread looking for Israelis to tell us what life is like in Israel ATM.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

It's not hard to find an Israeli to comment a thread about the issue. They'll fly in even uninvited

I don't remember seeing much posters from Palestine on ATS. I would love to hear from one. I guess there are not many internet connections working in Palestine ATM, nor any unbiased information flowing out either. I wonder if you can even receive uncencored letter from there?

-v

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
They wont dance for anyones amusement, they have pride, whats been said has already been said, no one gives a fig, they wont dance like bears.

Its not a game ,something to ponder?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

So true...

All I have to do is start an anti Israeli thread and 200 new members will tell me what its like there..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well according to some ATS mods who have made posts on Gaza recently, it would seem most Gazan's are living the champagne lifestyle so from that I would expect most Gazan's have a computer with internet access. Why arn't they comming on to ATS? They must be too busy, taking in the high life that gaza has to offer.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Touche.....

But Israel probably controls the ISP.s and has them blocked...

BTW, he still didnt show pics of his trip

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by IAF101

It's not hard to find an Israeli to comment a thread about the issue. They'll fly in even uninvited

I don't remember seeing much posters from Palestine on ATS. I would love to hear from one. I guess there are not many internet connections working in Palestine ATM, nor any unbiased information flowing out either. I wonder if you can even receive uncencored letter from there?

-v

Well, that got me interested and what do you know...

The effects of the occupation, including Israel’s severe closure policies, have led to a consistent decline in the socioeconomic conditions of Palestinians, creating underdevelopment, unemployment, and general poverty, particularly in Gaza. Despite these challenges, however, both the West Bank and Gaza continue to have two of the most literate populations in the world – a factor in the surprisingly high number of Internet users for a conflict zone, with Internet penetration and connectivity rates (approximately 6.7 percent as of 2008) that far exceed that of other conflict zones.

Source: opennet.net...

Something I didn't know is that both the West Bank and Gaza have one of the most literate populations in the world. I am going to dig a little further into this, but the source offers a good picture of what communications are available and current levels of censorship.

Maybe a little advertising via Google Adwords could be used to attract some Palestinians to the forum. Give me a budget ATS and I will have a go!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by LarryLove]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

I think people are a bit sick of getting just one side of the story from the zionist controled press all the time and from your post it would seem it's you that has a 'personal agenda' if any.

Since we are on the subject and If you are on the ground so to speak then maybe you would like to comment on this Israeli parliament member who was in the convoy and confilms that the ship was under gun fire long before it was borded.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I hadn't seen this interview before, but the member of Israel's parliament echoes the sentiment of another high profile flotilla member Iara Lee, filmmaker and director of the Cultures of Resistance network. Iara calls for all the media documentation to be fully released so as an inquest can be held to determine the true events of that day.

It is clear a lot of media manipulation has happened and the families of those that died deserve the truth not spin.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
I think people are a bit sick of getting just one side of the story from the zionist controled press all the time and from your post it would seem it's you that has a 'personal agenda' if any.

So people are sick of being told that Israel is the bad guy ??
Guess the "Zionist press" needs to start showing Nazi gas chamber videos to bring "balance" !

It's clear that for terrorist apologists and sympathizers, only the death of every Jew in Israel would bring them relief! There is no point in pandering to such ridiculous drivel.

Originally posted by LieBuster
Since we are on the subject and If you are on the ground so to speak then maybe you would like to comment on this Israeli parliament member who was in the convoy and confilms that the ship was under gun fire long before it was borded.

That "parliament" member is an Arab who has consistently campaigned for Hamas and against the IDF. Her bias is clear. Further she has never served in the IDF and knows nothing about gunfire or IDF operations. Her testimony is utterly useless as she doesn't know what she heard.

The IDF fired many plastic rounds and stun grenades to clear the mobs on the ship. Any of those could sound like "Gunfire" to the ignorant.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

It is clear a lot of media manipulation has happened and the families of those that died deserve the truth not spin.

Those families deserve NOTHING!

Why do they deserve the truth or even any information ? They are known terrorist sympathizers and anti-Israeli activitsts who have long been known to be campaigning to bring about the destruction of Israel. Israel own them NOTHING!

The dead were engaging in a military activity of breaking a naval blockade. That is akin to committing a military act against the state of Israel and Israel has every right to respond to such an act by any means necessary.

Further they formed a well organized mob that was intent on engaging and attacking Israeli soldiers, whom they very well knew would be armed and dangerous. They sought out and engaged armed soldiers and died in the process, they deserved exactly what they got.

The families deserve nothing from Israel. These men didn't die in an accident or through no fault of their own while minding their own business. They sought out and choose their ends and they got it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

It's clear that for terrorist apologists and sympathizers, only the death of every Jew in Israel would bring them relief! There is no point in pandering to such ridiculous drivel.

Care to show me all the posts in this thread calling for the death of all Jews in Israel?

Sounds like you are the only one spewing hate.....

Personally I find the OPs thread valid..
To learn the truth we need to hear both sides...

I did suggest you start your own thread seeking words from Israelis..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join