It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans TV station WDSU confirms via VIDEO BP blocking access to workers on Grand Isle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have a question and I am sure it has been asked before, but where are all of the eco-activists at? Where is greenpeace and other orginizations that we used to see elsewhere when environmental accidents happen.I have not heard anything about any activists during this crisis. Maybe they are around, but I would have thought they would be out there doing what they do best. Are the environmental activists afraid of something. I would have thought we would see more action from these groups.If they are out there they sure are keeping a low profile. I would think that this would be the holy grail for environmental activists.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. BP is not the problem, they are the front that allows a massive Gulf operation without causing total public panic. The reason the coast guard are doing as they are told is simple, the are follwoing orders from Wahington. the people you see claiming to be BP security are not some minimum wage rent a cops, they are operating under that guise to keep us guessing. The Gulf is done for; soon enough they will no longer be able to hide it and then all hell breaks loose. The FEMA camps were built in advance for such a situation; and not by chance. The government have known this was coming and planned for it. The reason Obama was ushered into power was because he represents a forward thinking, multi-cultured , multi religion country. it was hoped that by having him lead this event people would be more willing to do as they are told. If G.W.BUSH and co were to tell you to leave your house and do as you are told, no one would listen.

Something bad is happening, and they know about it. Question is are they trying to keep us calm so that there is no chaos before we all get massacred, or are they actually trying to save us. I think they want a peaceful run up to an event that will depopulate the planet by billions; rather than us decide what we do in our final hours and ruin there attempts to control what can not be controlled.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I've been wondering the same thing. This whole situation, from the beginning, has had so many unusual aspects to it, it's hard to equate it to anything in recent history. People & groups aren't acting like they normally would or maybe we just aren't hearing about it. I just don't know.

Nothing seems right about this.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You are right if the beach had been closed the sherrif would have stopped them before they got that far. My head hurts just trying to figure out the whole situation surrounding BP security and how they sem to be above the law. It would be interesting to see where these workers are from. I do fel bad for law enforcement there because it seems like they have their hands tied. Not sure if maybe someone in the gov't has told them to let the BP security handle things concerning the workers and what happens on the beach. I would hope that is not the case, but I wouldn't want to dismiss that scenario.
I have heard that there are people from all of the alphabet agencies are present in LA. I can't say they are, but if its true then there is more going on than we will ever know. I just wish they would just quit trying to pull he wool over our eyes, because we are a hell of alot smarter than they want to give us credit for.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, it seemed obvious to me that the Sheriff must have threatened something, because after his confrontation, the reporter was allowed access. Ofcourse, they then made it clear to the workers that they would not talk to them....they are scared.

The mention of us being envaded is chilling. I normally don't cater to such alarmist statements, but that scene just seems sureal.

What in the world is going on? This isn't just an oil slick clean-up. That much has to be obvious to even the most dim-witted. Something very big is happening and as has already been mentioned, it is getting harder and harder to hide it.

If I lived anywhere in the lower 48 right now, I would be getting nervous. I'm already anxious, and I'm about as far away in the US as you can get, but the longer this goes on and the more bizarre it gets, the more I am starting to pay attention to the doomers.

I think something is happening with the sea floor, something the government does not/or feels it can not let us, the general public know about. That is the only explanation I can come up with, based on the behavior displayed by so many agencies. I think their charade is starting to crumble and the puzzle pieces will start falling into place. MSM is sounding more and more negative and making implications to something else that is being hidden....so it is either to confuse us more, or else what I think is the scarier scenario, true. If the MSM is actually starting to talk about doom day scenarios and making accusations, then it's either scare mongering to make us more pliable for who knows what.....or else it really is something so big that even THEY can't ignore it anymore.

I would suggest to start paying very close attention to any tectonic/earthquake activity in the gulf area...including extending out along the fault lines. Pay attention to any amping up of evacuation/tsunami/mass casualty plans and routes. Are there any geologist agencies down there that have been noticed? I supose it would be nearly impossible to know unless you were involved.

Perhaps this IS only one oil well leak gone very, very bad and an ugly example of big business being more important than life and livelyhood. I would take that option versus the other, more ominous one.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Your are probably right about the officer. That rent a fool may have figured that he had no chance in hell to try and intimidate the officer as he did with the reporter.He probably figured out that it is better to back off and stay free or do or say something that will put him in jail. He may work for BP, but that will not stop an officer from taking him to jail.So I guess he made the right decision in this situation.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I know that if a deputy sheriff had asked me a question and I gave him the non answer that that one was given, I would have been in deep doo - doo.

Secondly, I seem to remember Blackwater being envolved in the Katrina mess. Could that be the reason no one wanted to admit who they work for????

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Didn't seem like they were scared to talk to the media.

But they sure as hell were coached to say they didn't want to!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well I would say anyone that says there is no media blackout needs to watch this video. People love to talk I think the people under that tent are scared out of there minds and I doubt it is because they will lose there job.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

By the way great find on this.

I truly thank you for it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
BP has no right to stop reporters from exercising thier first amendment rights to freedom of press on a public beach...but since when does that matter? Its a calculated business decision on BP's part, arrest now even if it violates the constitution...and defend the actions later, because they can afford the lawyer to do so. And if they get tagged for it, they can just say "oops!"...kind of like they are saying with everything else related to this spill.

And they will probably win because lets face it...the oil companies control the lifeblood of the american economy, they have the government by the balls.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is something very strange going on , seems like every day we get more questions than answers.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Something sure seems odd about that. I thought people always wanted to talk to the media. How could so many all say no .
Does anybody want to talk to the media? No! Well why the hell not?
A hundred bucks to whoever talks to the media. Two hundred and just keep going til someone talks. Then just walk away and say the checks in the mail.

It's what there used to right?

Not even a hi Mom?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great find... I wish the reporter would just stick around and film the activities, to the point of the security goons either:

a-breaking the law by getting violent or physical
b-becoming so utterly useless in doing their 'job' that their employers come out of hiding

The last thing we need now is reporters voluntarily staying away because of verbal threats issued by some folks in a uniform.

Also, where are all the citizen-journalists with their cellphone footage and twitpics?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well I believe the security are there to try and stop ppls from seeing that "while trying to pretend that they're cleaning up, they actually aren't really cleaning up".

They don't want ppl to get too close to see that it's a dummy clean-up.

Face it!! The Oil is still gushing out of the well at an astounding rate and prolly' will be for some time to come. BP knows that a clean-up now is futile, but they also know that the public demands it, so they put on a public face of pretending to clean-up frpm a distance. They don't want anyone getting too clos to discover that.

I spose BP knows that trying to clean the beaches while theres still more oil comming in, is a futile gesture. They won't really do anything till the hole is plugged. Then they'll have a massive recruiting drive for "Volunteers", to come help clean the beaches and wildlife...lol

And thats when they will let the reporters and cameras in, and put on this massive public face and try to show the people that they are the good guys...lololol

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Ironclad]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I have a question and I am sure it has been asked before, but where are all of the eco-activists at?

Very good question, and good post OP.

Where ARE are the activists?

I thought that the workers seemed un-threatened. Some of them appear to be smiling. If they're getting paid maybe they just dont want to loose that opportunity.

I dont know but the video is peculiar to me personally.

???

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here may lie the answer:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

Prince Charles yesterday urged the world to follow Islamic 'spiritual principles' in order to protect the environment.

In an hour-long speech, the heir to the throne argued that man's destruction of the world was contrary to the scriptures of all religions - but particularly those of Islam.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Islam is coming to save us and planet Earth.

Could it be stated in a more clear way?

Watch out for "green" - they are about to appear from unexpected direction.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Floydshayvious

The Eco-activists are prolly being turnd away or told they're not needed. As I said in the above post, the clean-up is a scam untill the leak is plugged. Thats when BP will call for all the volunteers to help clean the beaches.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm sure these workers were told by BP they can talk to the press, but if they do they are fired. Simple as that. I still cant believe how serious this is becoming though. I dont know why every news source isnt down there exposing this. figures.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I'm sure these workers were told by BP they can talk to the press, but if they do they are fired. Simple as that. I still cant believe how serious this is becoming though. I dont know why every news source isnt down there exposing this. figures.

Journalists are hired by the same employers who hired those goons. That is the only explanation.

The sovereignty is usurped. Too many asses to save (not to kick, oh no...).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join