It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans TV station WDSU confirms via VIDEO BP blocking access to workers on Grand Isle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

June 12, 2010 — wdsutv — Great interview from New Orleans TV station wdsu tv.

Copyright wdsutv New Orleans 2010

BP blocking blocks media access new Orleans oil spill gulf of mexico blackout

Real people, real scared to talk. Real hired goons... Despite what Doug Suttles, CEO BP told us about BP not blocking access.

[edit on 12/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't get it.
When did the Gestapo
invade the LA beachfront ???
I can't tell if these folks are
scared to talk to the media
because it could mean they
lose their job or

if they're scared of the Gestapo
supervising them.

There is a fine line there.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What's even stranger is that the security guy wouldn't even answer the question of who he's employed by. The anchor guy asked him three times and he never would answer... makes ya wonder...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The sheriff on the 4 wheeler asked them as well and they said town security, then he asks "who is employing town security?", the response was something like "I cant...." "We've been instructed not to discuss that".

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
America has been occupied and nobody does anything!
Incredible!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
if i lived in the gulf I'd seriously consider getting out of dodge before you get a hurricane or a huge military presence. the oils bad enough but the dispersant's are the icing on the cake and if a hurricane suck all that nasty stuff then dumps it all over the gulf states in rain form you wont just have Americas biggest ecological disaster you could have a humanitarian and health one to. private security stopping someone walking on public land and not even stating who briefs them.... cant be good.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is really starting to get worse and worse every day. Something new pokes its head up, and we're all forced to swallow a pill we don't want. I'm passing this along accordingly.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow is this really The United States!? I don't understand how a private security force can close a public beach?

Why is didn't the sheriff do something? Even he seemed to me out of the loop. How can he walk (drive) away from this with a clear conscience without getting questions answered? Who is at the wheel of this train wreck country?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well,

When it is said that BP is in control, the responsible party to the clean-up efforts, it's fair to say that the security on site is under control of BP?

Not to thwart direction of topic, I've got a question pertaining to topic just a little bit off topic. My question if decided not to ignore (which is acceptable to me) is...

Haliburton and one other company was on site when disaster struck, are those two companies not on the hot-seat with BP, and if not, WHY NOT?

The three companies worked together to cause this disaster. Why is BP an incompetent Bunch of Panzies going at this clean-up alone as the sole reponsible party?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
O.K. everyone, I don't get it..How are these un-armed BP employees able to tell ANYONE what or where they cannot go on a public beach? It just doesn't make any sense to me, as far as i know, it's a public beach and not owned or governed by anyone except the state..right? Help me out here someone..

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Well,

When it is said that BP is in control, the responsible party to the clean-up efforts, it's fair to say that the security on site is under control of BP?

Yes it is safe to say that BP controls the security. I found the article below about BP security. Apparently they are contractors, basically rent-a-cops:

Job fair in Bastrop offers 100 Gulf of Mexico oil spill security openings

A job fair in Bastrop offers 100 temporary security jobs for Gulf of Mexico oil spill duty along the coast, hundreds of miles away.
gulf_oil_contract_workers_grand_isle.JPGSusan Poag/The Times-PicayuneGulf of Mexico oil spill cleanup contract workers arrive on the beach at Grand Isle on Thursday.

Hub Enterprises of Broussard has a contract with BP PLC for security officers and supervisors from Venice to Cameron.

The Louisiana Workforce Commission's Morehouse Business and Career Solutions Center has a job fair for Hub on Tuesday at the Bastrop Municipal Center.

Hub will provide 16 hours of state-required training.

The jobs will pay $13 to $14 per hour, and will require shifts of seven consecutive days on, seven days off, or 14 days on and 14 days off. A Hub spokesman says they don't know how long the jobs will last.

Bastrop is about a six-hour drive from Cameron, and more than 7 hours from Venice.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

"nobody is doing anything" spot on... here is why short version, no offense meant to anyone-------many average people who were nothing special were born and public schooled between the 40's through the 60's.. they bought everything (mostly lies) they were taught in schools, got brainwashed in school, did drugs, partied, spent the wealth of generations, got paid ridiculous levels of income historically, spent even more ridiculous levels of money historically, got suckered by the govt investment schemes,debt,etc.. and now that the younger less populous generation see their lives go by, looking for the non-existent opportunity which was easily available to previous generations, the older want us to work for NOTHING so we can coninue their ridiculous lifestyles throughout their inflated retirement years, seeing nothing close to the same level of wealth as those they witnessed to bankrupting our cpuntry.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

I do not understand this whole deal with BP either, but there is really nothing that officer can do if there is no crime being committed. That is why law enforcement has their hands tied since no law is being broken they really cannot do anything except what that officer did and that is ask questions and if no law is broke he goes on his way. I am sure they are not real happy about it, but thats the only thing that they can do in those situations.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks.

What about Haliburton and the other company? Ocean something?

I've got to go link this vid around to my peeps who still rely on MSM...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

You are right as something just does not smell right here and it aint from the oil either. It is funny how BP security has been teling everybody what to do. In fact if you remember the CBS news crew was told early on that they couldn't be somewhere or they would be arrested.The craziest part of that situation was the fact they were on a coast guard boat and the coast guard officers told them that it was no there rule it was BP that was saying that. That just makes you sit back and say HUH! Howdoes a corporation out rank the United States Coast Guard. Something smells fishy and it is not from the dead fish either. I am not sure anyone will ever give a true answer as to who is in charge down there.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Isnt it a bit weird how 'goons' can stop them filming yet they then videos are released about these enforcers, apparently hired by BP.
Anyway, it kinda figures in a sense that these are there to stop people going onto the beach whilst BP try to clean up.
I think the last thing BP wants is somebody getting on a beach then getting coverd in oil etc, bringing another Law suit and more reputation damage.

But its weird though, how have they got duristriction to tell people to keep of public land.
Crazy... The P.R. Situation is FUBAR as well as the whole mess in the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is something that has me wondering about alot of things that are going down in LA. I mean I have been around the water all my life except the last couple of years I have been near Atlanta Ga. and never have I ever seen the coast guard be the second in charge when it comes to anything related to the waterways of this country. I spent a couple of years working with a dredging company in west florida and have spent a good bit of time around coast guard personnel and I have always had the impression that anything that had to do with our coast and waterways was taken care of by the coast guard.
I am at a loss for words when I see the way the coast guard is seemingly becoming the proverbial BP bitch. I think the coast guard and this adm. have let BP go to far before putting the hammer down on them and make them do what we say not sit back and let BP tell us how things are going to be done. It is sad that we now look like little bitches that will let a corporation tell us what to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This seems to validate the idea that there is no USA, only multi-national corporations calling the shots. Perhaps the British connexion should be underlined ... What a mess.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yikes

1. Who are these "guards" reporting to???

2. It's clear that the workers are afraid to talk about the oil spill! Are they fearful of losing their jobs, or could the reason be more sinister than we can imagine?

3. What in the world is BP and the Gov't hiding??? How long can this cover-up last, until it's too big to hide anymore???

I keep thinking of an exodus.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Actually I think the beach itself is under the Sheriff's department jurisdiction. I don't know how BP's private security force can keep people off of the beach legally except if it is deemed unsafe by the county or state and has the backing of the sheriff's department. I haven't seen anything that would allude to that happening. Also, the fact that the sheriff didn't stop the reporters is strange if the beach had been closed. This seems to purely be BP doing this.

They use intimidation tactics now obviously, I just wonder if they can even arrest someone legally.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join