It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May i ask you all a question?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ideally (and this is damned illegal too) my corpse would just be left where it died until it decomposed into nothing.

That's why my plan is to get mauled by a bear in the deep backwoods.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae
Ideally (and this is damned illegal too) my corpse would just be left where it died until it decomposed into nothing.

That's why my plan is to get mauled by a bear in the deep backwoods.

wtf?!?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I know, it is a hard question, but if you notice, it seems pat of the ATS community know exactly what they want. Also, i never knew they did all that for the burial process
What if they had to exume your body later for specific reasons, but your organs have gone??

It largely depends on the cause of death, if an autopsy is required, and other factors. If the organs are removed for autopsy, they are put back into the body cavity in preservative fluids. The ogans are not thrown away, I apologize if you got that impression.

Embalming is not required by law in most states that I know of, but Funeral home directors will not necessarilly tell you this. Education in the processes is very important to avoid being ripped off, and to assure that the process the loved one wishes to be followed is. Most bodies are embalmed but this is not required by law.

For instance, in New Orleans, you are not buried in the ground, as they are already below the water table. Variables like this can exist almost anywhere, so it is by far best to review the policies where you are locally.

Here are some general links:

hubpages.com...

www.funeralplan.com...

www.greenburials.org...

www.funeralplanning101.com...

The worst part is when autopsy is required, which, as far as I know - in most states autopsy is required in an unattended death (meaning you were not under the care of a physician for a known disease process in the last 48-72 hours) or in any questionable death.

Some families may choose autopsy if the death is sudden and unexplained, such as in the instance of sudden cardiac death in undiagnosed disease.

Usually, once an autopsy is performed, the tissue and body fluid samples are kept for a period of time - as well as records. Exhumation is very rare, and very dependent upon what exactly is being looked for with regards to the exhumation.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thankyou Libertygal for clearing that up, and those links are very useful, i just so happened to be on one before i noticed your links
, i seem to be getting a lil better in doing my own research, late bloomer!! hopefully a late passer

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I know, wtf? lol thats deep man...Deep

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Either just go ahead and surprise me......!

Or cremate me, cause that's what my family who has passed has done.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

fascinating........

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I saw this a while ago! I was like wow! It's expensive though, cool process and keep sake.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Gday mate, love the way you have already thought of and covered your next of kin for a bail out , love it!! lol

Haha yeah that is why my family thinks I am nuts but I am pretty dead set on it

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

btw they remove your head first.

and they dont look after it very well. someone knocked i think it was walt disneys head out of the storage, and it craked open. bits went under the freezer etc...

so yeah. just saying.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by MR BOB]

I think it was Ted Williams' head that they did this to. I think they may have used it as batting practice to. oh the irony. but I'm totally serious.
I thought it wasnt true that Walt Disney was frozen as he died before they could even do this.

Yeah, my understanding is that Walt Disney is in a regular cemetery, although he is frequently thought to have been frozen.

And I figure, even if the account about Ted Williams' head as published is accurate, the way to look at it is like a restaurant that serves you a burrito that fell on the kitchen floor ... i.e. it's probably an isolated unfortunate incident rather than a peculiar actual policy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Lol, nice burrito analagy. And just so any other members who were as confused as i was as to whom Ted Williams is (not all members are american with the local knowledge), here is a bit about him.

Ted Williams

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hmm...

My son said something to me very interesting not to long ago...

He is 12 years old now, but I believe he was 10 or 11 when he told me. He said when he dies he wants to be, "Cremated then turned in to a Diamond". Cause Diamonds last forever.

I was blown away by this statement.

Up until then I always wanted to go out on a pire (Conan or Darth Vader style).

Then my son hits me with the turned in to a diamond statement and I am like Holy Jehoshaphats Batman! That's a brilliant idea.

So I guess turned into quite a few diamonds cause well I am a big guy, lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fakshon

That is great, your son, though young, seems very bright. Certainly makes me wonder.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Heres one for the conspiracy theorists........... What if the whole depopulation theme of the TPTB want us dead, to make us into diamonds for wealth and trade, hence why we are just a serial number to the controlling umpires that govern our very existence..... lol .....nah.......

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Most people don't realize the extent to which their spirit has attached itself to their body. One of the reasons death is so incredibly painful is the attachment of the spirit into the flesh. Ghosts often linger around their corpse and the grave site. Cremation helps to break that attachment. Burial is incredibly primitive and insane based largely on pseudo religious, money making, dependency scams. Funerals are mostly for the living. Flowers and well wishing do benefit the dead but can also cause the spirit, if it is in a ghost form, to continue to covet the worldly life it just lost. Cremation is much healthier for the spirits welfare.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yes you may. Definitely cremation. I wish no connection with this planet such as a used meatsuit container. It has always been a curiosity to me about how humans grieve over the dead bodies of their loved ones. Even as a child I would try to tell people that the one who lived in that body had left, but was not "gone," a popular term for people who die. I also see dead people, a lot actually, so to believe like the Christians would have me do is not going to happen. The Spirit never dies, it is immortal, even the Bible says it is. Personally, I would like my own ashes scattered on the Ohio River.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I thankyou for all your replies, but one thing puzzles me, i hear alot of you stating that if buried, you do not want your family and loved ones crying over your grave or headstone, or that visiting your grave on weekends or holidays is a waste of their time, but if you are cremated, and your will doesnt state that you wish to be scattered somewhere, then there is a high possibility that you may be placed in an Urn, placed on the mantle piece and perhaps mourned more thatn you wish you wernt.... just sayin.....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
When I die I want to be dressed in a super man costume and put into orbit of the planet, the vacuum of space will preserve me indefinately and my ancestors will be able to track my path and look up at me with telescopes and know that I'm still watching out for them.
Then when octopi eventually become the dominant species on earth they will recover my corpse and reanimate me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They may burn my remains. In my opinion, the body is just a container so I don't care what they do with it. Oh, I want to be a donor too, so my body will be a) functional, and b) easily disposed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Diamonds are forever
Remains turned into a diamond
I think this idea is dazzling.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join