It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May i ask you all a question?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tangotemper

Very interesting mate, going for that natural high effect. Mango Heads, Purple Heads and then you have your Human Heads variety lol

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Burials IMO are too expensive but I can see the pro to having a set place where friends and family can visit you and be close to you but I'd personally go for cremation and have my close friends and family take a bit of my ashes to do whatever they pleased with them, keep them somewhere in their house or sprinkle them somewhere that was special between us.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In cases of foul play, burial is appropriate when the need to exhume the body for evidence arises. Personally, cremation is natural. No one would visit my grave and definitely my ashes are as good as compost after seeing what happened to the countless bodies buried in mass graves (of the Haitian earthquakes).

[edit on 2010-6-13 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

With only those two choices i say cremation, there really is no reason to waste land space being buried and in future as time goes by and land becomes increasingly sparse i think we'll see cremation becoming the norm.

Still i'd prefer to leave my body to science, let the medical students cut it up or let my organs be harvested. It seems incredibly selfish to let your body be buried or burned when it can be used for some good.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

The videos were fasinating - thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This has been a great thread, some really nice replies. Has been interesting following this and reading peoples' ideas.

Some are so sweet and simple. Really touching.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I would say it depends on the friend. My best friends and I have discussed it among ourselves.

One wants to be burned on a pyre. One wants to be freeze dried and made into fertilizer, and I want to be directly buried, (no chemicals to preserve) with a tree planted over me.

Edit;

Removed irrelevant points.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet--ultimately, we'll ALL be cremated when our yellow sun expands into a red giant and engulfs poor planet Earth.

But relatively speaking, I'd like to be buried anonymously out in the woods with a tree planted over me so I can nourish it as I decompose.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I think my family would prefer burial for personal reasons.
The dead..well, they are dead to the world in the physical sense so
question is...to whom is it going to really matter?
otherwise with so many folks out there..cremation would save space
and may even be an environmentally sound idea. Think of the coffins
which have been washed up during flooding for starters.
If I had no family, cremation would be my choice.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Posts like yours make me proud to be human.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Id like to have a funeral the way GG Allin did (if anyone remembers him). Other than that, I would choose whatever was the least costly.....and somehow have a party to celebrate my life....open bar, music I like...ect....

[edit on 13-6-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't really care too much. Whatever is cheapest and makes my family/friends the happiest.

My uncle passed away fairly recently and he was cremated. My mom became a bit upset after listening to Coast to Coast AM one night because they had cremators calling in talking about the process and all that. Apparently a lot of the cremation people find a green mass within the "ashes" that they have to remove. This, of course, brought up the question of whether that was like a soul or soul-shell or something. Who knows though, right? Anyone every heard of this? When I google it I come up with nothing.

I also think it would be kind of neat to have my head mounted above the mantle. Then around the holidays they could put festive hats on me and the like.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You mean like this guy??

Went out with a bang for sure

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thisis rather interesting, it kind of relates to alot of the responses given in ththis thread, What do you think?

Its called Promession (burial or cremation alternative).

They claim its environmentally friendly.....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Funerals are always such a depressing occasion in many western countries but in others it is a time for celebration of the persons life. I thought i would share an experience.

Anyway at a funeral of a neighbor there was a little surprise. At the funeral they had the conveyor belt type thing that shifts the coffin into the furnace when the music starts. My neighbor had requested the theme to the formula one racing music.

Everyone in the funeral smiled and there was the odd muffled noise as people laughed out loud and then suppressed it, i suppose they were worried someone would get angry at them.

I think we look at death the wrong way.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
Thisis rather interesting, it kind of relates to alot of the responses given in ththis thread, What do you think?

That's an interesting one. Imagine instead of a cemetery, full of decaying, depressing looking headstones you had a forest full of life!

That's a really great idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by scubagravy

That's an interesting one. Imagine instead of a cemetery, full of decaying, depressing looking headstones you had a forest full of life!

That's a really great idea.

It does seem a great idea instead of going to mourn at a typical grave site, one could have a picnic or camp near and with passed friends/family.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hey! scuba (my online "friend")...

Did I miss it??

What are YOUR wishes??

(Keep in mind...nothing on the Internet ever disappears...BUT, of course, your Last Will & Testament holds precedence....)??

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for asking Weedwacker. To be honest mate, i had never really given it much thought, until the conversation with my friend, so i guess i called on my online community to possibly come to some conclusion.

And let me tell you, this thread didnt help
, seems theres alot out there who know inside what they want, i may take some more time to ponder.

I like the tree theory, but with all the logging in the world, who knows when i'll get the chop

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

....who knows when i'll get the chop....

AND, thereby hangs the tale....

NONE of us do, M8....none of us do...

My (admittedly less-than-vast) experience boils down to this:

ONCE your body is dead....all that is left is a husk. It is THEN up to the people who are still living to deal with the fact of your "demise".... as a result, the 'personal' choices one makes, in regards to one's own body, and disposition of said item, is often colored by the 'opinions' of the loved ones who will 'survive' your body's death.

YOUR choice, of course, should hold sway....however, as is often the case, the consideration of those you "leave behind" might figure in to your ultimate deliberations....

It is, always, YOUR decision...based on the foregoing implications. There is no "right", nor "wrong" decision....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join