It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confirmed ! Russian and Japan War Ships Coming to SF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The only reson i posted this was it was close to the black jack date and there is alot of talk of other conterys troops on the ground. just thought it was weired. I really dont know what to think of all this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I checked the Russia sites and nothing posted about the trip yet.

There was this most recent article: Missile cruiser “Varyag’s” test voyage (June 3, 2010): english.ruvr.ru...

The source has a boatload of stuff about the ship and the Russia efforts to revamp their navy. This ship was also sent to China for a display so....

So pretty interesting stuff (and scary-but this time, high tech will reign and not numbers).

I read yesterday that Russia, who was to buy 4 French Minstal Frigets are now threaning to back out of the deal if they can't get the High Tech gadgets like the French have. LOL

I assume they mean the newer one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87954c98310c.jpg[/atsimg]

and not referencing the old one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a66540af7fba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When people are out to get you,
paranoia is just smart thinking.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

love this movie the russians are are coming, then russians are coming filmed just north of here at fort bragg. quite appropriate with this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
LOL - well those Russian sailors better be careful - there are a lot of gay guys in San Francisco that would just *love* to give them some "diplomacy".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
NO WAY!
The Slava class has the ability to carry nuclear armed SA-N-6 surface-to-air missiles, and 21-inch nuclear torpedoes, in addition to the SS-N-12.
www.fas.org...
Obama is going to allow this?

A joke...
They will surely fire those SS rockets on June 20, or even may be on June 19 froma distance. Also the Japanese will fire some of their stored plutonium home-made bombs, and jointly with Chinese prepositioned immigrants will occupy the West Coast. At the same time Castro and Chavez take Florida and Texas with the help of drug dealers. Iranian cargo ships make EMP over New York. America will be left with the Midwest that will sign the surrender treaty...

Someone could possibly envision even worse scenarios.

If they are going to attack, they won't act so stupid. Or perhaps they want us to think so?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for some coincidental incident to take place and they offer to "help". Or it's just more desensitization to having foreign troop and armaments on our soil.

To the mentally challenged sheeple proclaiming "whats the big deal?" Go grab a beer and flip the game or idol on there is nothing to see here...Sigh!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Where does it say these vessels are going to be carrying their nuclear payloads?

Some of you are way too paranoid. I used to live in Hawaii and it wasn't uncommon for foreign ships to dock and foreign troops wandering around downtown.

That said though, I don't recall seeing Russian or Chinese seamen; Japanese were there all the time. I still think some of you are taking this out of context.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by grrrrt]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
Where does it say these vessels are going to be carrying their nuclear payloads?
[edit on 11-6-2010 by grrrrt]

Pleas review the link.
www.fas.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

They are Japanese. And with all the American military in Japan, who cares if they come to the US?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

They are Japanese. And with all the American military in Japan, who cares if they come to the US?

The Russian Slava class has the ability to carry nuclear armed SA-N-6 surface-to-air missiles, and 21-inch nuclear torpedoes, in addition to the SS-N-12.
www.fas.org...
It will visit for 5 days in San Francisco.
If you can't read this thread, please ask your mommy to help you with it.

Edit to add.
With all of the posters anti comment or disinfo agents contributions, I'm beginning to think something is up.
Remember Shakespeare's Hamlet: " The lady doth protest too much."

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It never fails to amaze me how people resort to personal attacks when someone posts something they do not like. Even funnier that you attacked me regarding my comment on the Japanese ships. You posted about the Russian ships.

So what if it has nuclear capability? Russia is supposed to be a friend to the US now. Inviting them to make a port call is wise in that case. It shows friendliness and diplomacy.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

The Russian Slava class has the ability

Said it there yourself. I had asked where does it say anywhere in the article that the Russian warship will be carrying it's payload to the US, not if the ship had the ability to.

Do you really think the US would allow a Russian warship to roll into port with it's full nuclear arsenal on board?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

VLADIVOSTOK, June 30 (RIA Novosti) - A U.S. missile destroyer will arrive on July 1 in the port of Vladivostok in Russia's Far East on a goodwill visit, a U.S. diplomat said on Tuesday.

The USS Stethem (DDG-63) is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer. The ship was commissioned with the U.S. Navy on October 21, 1995 and is currently based out of Yokosuka, Japan.

It will be the ship's second visit to Vladivostok. On May 7-11, 2008, the destroyer with 300 crew aboard visited the port to join for the first time Russia's Victory Day celebrations.

This year, the visit coincides with celebration of Vladivostok City Day on July 2, and U.S. Independence Day on July 4.

The source said the crew would take part in a variety of cultural and sports events, and attend the opening of the first Subway fast food franchise in Vladivostok.

en.rian.ru...

There you go: US warships have visited Russia on goodwill missions at least twice. The world did not end. People really need to calm down.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nobody should freak out.

I am certain US already foreseen all possible worse case scenarios. And will intercept the warship (In a friendly, official matter) in high seas to have a routine checkup to make sure it doesn't carry nuclear weapons and such. Then grant it to dock in the port.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
what would happen if some one say torpedoes the Japanese and Russian ships? who would get the blame? what would Japan and Russia do? this is to good an opportunity for them to miss. the other ship that got torpedoed did not get the reaction they wonted so they make one so big they can do nothing but react.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
just found this
China locks in behind North Korea..Russia sends ships to the Sea of Japan for war games
•May 28, 2010
seeker401.wordpress.com...
they are training working together.
getting ready to fight together?
then they both go to america?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

we dock in all kinds of ports around the world, this just shows that japan and russia are no longer our enemies. and when china would not allow us to dock in their port during a strom it shows we are getting a new enemy. you should read between the lines some tiem!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for some coincidental incident to take place and they offer to "help". Or it's just more desensitization to having foreign troop and armaments on our soil.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by hawkiye]

haha that sounds familiar to me

now you get scared cause the US is not the allmighty super power any more. this must be terrible for you and I'm so sorry for that.

I tell you what this thing is all about. nothing. do you think the US would allow any armed ship to come near the soil????I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I find your posts funny... keep 'em coming!

Seriously, calm down, it's a freakin' Navy visit. As for the "Nukes!", maybe you should think about a that a while. See, we get US aircraft here all the time that are nuclear capable. Doesn't mean they are packin' them everywhere they go of course, that would just be chancing an accident.
The UK is like a big aircraft carrier, the rest of Europe has bases everywhere, as does a lot of the Asian continent. The US gets everywhere to keep itself top dog, so in fact it's the rest of us that have all of YOUR military on our soil.

So, go lie down, think nice calming thoughts - kittens, fluffy white clouds, meadows full of flowers swaying in the breeze - before you give yourself a stroke!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join