It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Expert Says Hurricane Will Paint the Gulf Black !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com

The Houston energy banker and author of Twilight in the Desert says we basically have two options: Let the well run dry (taking 30 years, and probably ruining the Atlantic ocean) or nuking the well. Barring those things, the best move would be to use supertankers to suck up as much oil as possible ahead of hurricane season, when the oil will be picked up, and will paint the Gulf Coast black

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This man seems to know exactly what he is talking about and has worked for or owned oil companies for many years.

He has basically called what BP was gonna do and fail at before they even tried. He also says with the way the Deepwater Rig burned down that the oil and gas was burning it down and was impossible for the diesel on board to cause this.

He also states that the only way for that to have happened is the pressure must be between 40,000 to 50,000psi!!! That would be immense and way more than the 6,000 to 11,000 I have heard reported. Way more.

He says that in the next few days or weeks they should discover there is an oil volcanoe blowing about 7 miles away from the reported leak. He claims this is the worst blow/spill ever in mankind and if not bombed will blow for 30 years and possibly destroy the Gulf and the Atlantic.

I know this sounds far fetched and incredible. But this man seems very genuine, concerned and like someone who's word I would take on this matter.

This is also on a MSM show. So that is unusual that he is telling it like it is and I believe this is why we arent getting the truth, because this is the sad reality and how many will be able to handle the truth?

www.businessinsider.com

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

I will try to load the video, but it is on the news site.

Couldnt get it to work here but here is another site with the same video also.

www.theoildrum.com...

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd love to panic, but the oil deposit they are drilling into doesnt even contain enough oil to kill off the gulf, much less the Atlantic. Not sure where this is coming from.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I agree about "painting the gulf black" if a hurricane were to hit the area within a month or two.

However, the relief drills into the well (two being drilled now, I believe) negate the 30 year, run the well dry scenario.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Please explain how a relief well could handle the pressure, that this one could not. I find alot of fail in this.

Something is going on there, and its not going to be an easy fix.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If the oil truly is going to make the Gulf waters hotter then I think we are in for a terrible wake up call this summer and a terrifying hurricane season. Does anyone know if there are currently any major depressions forming yet in the Gulf?

They have disturbed and unleashed something that is just so mind boggling. When will this country reign these %#&!* corporations in?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

From what I've read at various other sources, along with this graphic from last month:

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If this man is correct, does anyone know if these drilling pipes can handle 40 to 50 thousands of pressure?

I have looked up some oil pipe companies websites and looked around but couldnt find what pressure they can max out at. I work with natural gas, water and sanitary pipe but i believe this well pipe has to be much stronger. What i found on iron ductile pipe the max reccomended was 300psi. Which can handle most firelines. They usually run/test at 200psi. Im sure they can handle more than 300 as I have been around a mainline waterline tested at 350psi. It held for an hour. What are drilling pipe maximum's?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

www.businessinsider.com

The Houston energy banker and author of Twilight in the Desert says we basically have two options: Let the well run dry (taking 30 years, and probably ruining the Atlantic ocean) or nuking the well. Barring those things, the best move would be to use supertankers to suck up as much oil as possible ahead of hurricane season, when the oil will be picked up, and will paint the Gulf Coast black

PR Castillo has been the main influential proponent of nuking the spill from the start. You don't know this person. But some do.

Warning.. Unstable influence.

Has been repeatedly wrong on multiple current events. FYI.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
All I know is that when oil gets into your lungs, you're toast. There isn't squat they can do with current tech. It would be great if an innovation came as a result of the necessity for one. As it is right now, I'm a little on edge. My mothers side of the family is in Louisiana pretty close to the gulf, and I'm not that much further in Texas. I'm hesitant to inform them on what may happen at this point, but if I hear of a hurricane coming through the gulf, I'm going there myself if I have to and convincing them all to get the heck out of there ASAP. I don't even trust my area in North Texas. I'm taking them far up north.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

This man seems to know exactly what he is talking about and has worked for or owned oil companies for many years.

And yet he doesn't seem to understand that the dense type of crude leaking at Deepwater Horizon is about the same density as seawater which means MOST of the leak is emulsifying in the deep ocean — it's blending with the water — and relatively little of the spill is reaching the surface.

Hurricanes operate entirely at the surface of the ocean. There is NO WAY IN HELL a hurricane can reach a mile down in the Gulf and bring the crude oil to the surface.

This man, quite frankly, doesn't know what he's taking about. Neither he nor anybody else can point to a precedent for his prediction.

If anything, I'd wager the intense wave action in a hurricane would simply help in emulsifying the small amount of oil that has reached the surface. In other words, a hurricane would dissipate the spillage and scrub the beaches clean.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/10/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I thought the way they seperated this oil with tankers and supertankers, was that the oil was lighter than the water and rose to the top making it able to be siphoned off the top off the water and seperated. From what I understand the reason the oil isnt remaining om top in this case, is the corexit/disperssant that is being applied causes the oil to glob and fall to the bottom, but not all is sinking but instead is pooling in large areas in the Gulf as plumes/clouds?

Also I am still looking into information on the strength of this type of pipe. I dont have any of my natural gas pipeline books anymore and know that these pipelines are under considerable amounts of pressure. I found one institution that says their pipe can be rated at max to 40,000, but recommend 29,000. Wasnt sure of their tests and still looking for more.

Im sure these pipes are made to withstand this pressure though, but may be close to pushing max if this man is correct. He isnt new to this business btw.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
All I know is that when oil gets into your lungs, you're toast.

What's the science behind that statement? And how would oil "get in to your lungs," anyway? I'd like to know why there's so much unreasoning fear and paranoid hysteria over this stupid oil leak.

If you're getting your information from the Mainstream Media, then you're no better off than the manmade global warming fanatics, sobbing about the poor, poor polar bears, with no science to corroborate the sentimental BS.

All I know is that when the MSM gets into your brain, you're toast.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am praying that we never have to find out. If this is fixed soon, hopefully enough people and companies are frightened into better safety measures, R&D, and alternative energies. I still think the best car company around may be Tesla Motors. They had a sedan but not sure if they pulled it. All electric hardly any need for oil.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

From what I understand the reason the oil isnt remaining om top in this case, is the corexit/disperssant that is being applied causes the oil to glob and fall to the bottom, but not all is sinking but instead is pooling in large areas in the Gulf as plumes/clouds?

The type of oil leaking at a depth of about 5000 feet in the gulf is NOT light crude oil, which rises to the surface immediately and is toxic. The type of crude leaking at a depth of 5000 feet in the Gulf is a dense type that blends easily with water, is not terribly toxic, and degrades naturally into a totally non-toxic form.

In fact, the toxic dispersants being used pose more of a threat to marine life than does the crude oil.

As for these vast plumes of oil deep underwater, I haven't seen ANY proof that they exist, and I'm fairly certain that they don't. All we have is the word of a bunch of fear-mongers who are intent on scaring the hell out of the uneducated masses, just like with manmade global warming.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by unityemissions
All I know is that when oil gets into your lungs, you're toast.

What's the science behind that statement? And how would oil "get in to your lungs," anyway? I'd like to know why there's so much unreasoning fear and paranoid hysteria over this stupid oil leak.

If you're getting your information from the Mainstream Media, then you're no better off than the manmade global warming fanatics, sobbing about the poor, poor polar bears, with no science to corroborate the sentimental BS.

All I know is that when the MSM gets into your brain, you're toast.

— Doc Velocity

Leave your comments about unreasonable fear and paranoid hysteria for the people who are truly doing this. I'm not.

Are you seriously unable to comprehend that when oil gets into your lungs that it's permanent, and a slow, eventual death?
Seriously now? I've read some of your posts. I thought you were brighter than this.

The oil gets into ones lungs through a mist or rain. It's not that hard to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The earliest method of separating salt water from oil was gravity separation, that is, by simply letting the mixture sit. The water droplets tend to coalesce; being heavier than the oil, the coalesced water settles to the bottom the oil is skimmed from the top. Where the proportion of water is relatively large and/or the degree of emulsification is low (large droplets), multiple phase separators can be used. A three-phase separator has sometimes been used to separate oil, water and gas, the oil and water being separated by gravity separation while the gas is released.

In other situations, the oil, after leaving a separator, is mixed with a small amount of fresh water in order to facilitate mixing of the remaining salt water with the added water for further settlement in storage tanks. This also reduces the overall salinity level of any water remaining in the oil, to a level suitable for bulk transportation.

Oil is lighter than water, even in crude form. I hate to ask this but must. Do you work for BP?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

oil isnt dangerous? Okay now you are just being sarcastic.

Material Data Safety Sheet for Benzene, an element of oil, "benzene is carcinogenic to humans. Chronic inhalation of certain levels of benzene causes disorders in the blood in humans, including leukemia (cancer of blood forming organs). Benzene specifically affects bone marrow (the tissues that produce blood cells). Aplastic anemia, excessive bleeding, and damage to the immune system (by changes in blood levels of antibodies and loss of white blood cells) may develop. Several occupational studies suggest that benzene may impair fertility in women exposed to high levels. However, these studies are limited due to lack of exposure history, simultaneous exposure to other substances, and lack of follow-up."

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yes, there has been a report of it raining a light oil sheen in Florida.

www.sott.net...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join