Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Oil Expert Says Hurricane Will Paint the Gulf Black !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Matt Simmons On Dylan Ratigan

Something to add....
It appears Congressman Boyd is calling on the President for hurricane preparation. There will be a meeting Monday 14 with various agencies(unspecified). Fair Warning?
WTXL News - Boyd Calls for Federal Oil Spill-Hurricane Preparedness Plan 6.9.10

Peace

[edit on 11-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Paint it black?

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a nuclear bomb probably would be the easiest solution;
but BP probably wants to save the oil

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you for putting that up, I couldnt find it on youtube and couldnt attach it from MSNBC.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I hope to not see these images that are in the video. thank you for the post.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I'd love to panic, but the oil deposit they are drilling into doesnt even contain enough oil to kill off the gulf, much less the Atlantic. Not sure where this is coming from.

It's the "size of everest" (quote from BP in 2009 I think).

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

If you think BP is believable at this point in the game, well I really dont know what to say. They have been caught lying at every turn. They even have lies in their safety to the federal government. Even listed a dead man as the person to contact in case of a spill. So I am very sorry if everything I hear that pertains to "out of BP's mouth" as a lie. Well they have just conditioned me that way.

You should check out another link I tried to lump to this one but ended up starting a new thread with. It compares this to the Ghawar well site in Saudi Arabia that has been spewing oil for over 70 years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Senior researchers tell us that the BP drilling hit one of the oil migration channels and that the leakage could continue for years unless decisive steps are undertaken, something that seems far from the present strategy.

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
One major problem would be a hurricane.

With all the oil on the surface just off the coast a hurricane would push in ashore for miles.

A layer of oil would coat everything.

Then one spark likely from lightning would be all it would take with the high winds to start a firestorm that would be imposable to fight.

Yes the gulf would be black WITH ASH for 100s of miles along the coast and inland for 10 to 15 miles.

I wonder how BP would pay for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
well all i got to say is this who cares if its light or heavy crude oil is still tocic to marine life if they are swimming in it add in the highly toxic dispersant and you got one hell of a mess. nuke it or don't i don't care but if government doesn't get off their ass and stop this asafp and it comes up atlantic coast this will turn into the straw that broke the camels back . these are the states who would have economies decimated. Louisiana, mississippi ,alabama , florida when it hits atlantic,georgia , north carolina , virgina why would it be so devastating to these states tourism would be sestroyed for hears to come, fisheries would be destroyed ruining the seafood industry. i live in eastern north carolina and can tell you with out tourists of seafood to sell there would be no jobs factory jobs are few and far between and the ones that are available the companies recruit people from mexico to come and work for a year and go home. but i digress if you have these states ruined like this there will be hell to pay heads will roll in washington for sure republican democrat will not matter . this might even break our wonderful union

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

If this gets as bad as some say it is, then there might be nothing they can do to stop this. The whole food chain and life on the planet is in danger. If this spreads to the Atlantic and out it can also get into rain clouds and fall back to earth on the mainland poisoning freshwater lakes and the water systems of the world. They may have already gone to far.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

My pleasure letscit!

Here's some info on posting vids.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Using a nuke to seal the breach is nonsense. No one is considering that part of the problem is the sea floor of the Gulf is not like that of other seas or oceans. At present it is starting to crack and spew hither and thither. Whatever makes them think a nuke will be able to bring closure and stability to the egg shell that is the Gulf floor is beyond me. The pressures under the floor of the Gulf in this oil field are incredible.

The best bet is to mass produce Kevin Costner's system and suck the oil and water out of the mid to eastern Gulf. They are making a bigger ecological disaster with the kinds of dispersing agents being used. Why aren't they looking into using Biomatrix. And for heaven's sake get every vessel that can to go suck up whatever they can. BP's ownership rights must be forfeited to doing whatever can be done.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Relatively little is reaching the surface? um...you have the seen the pictures right? where the birds are covered in goop and dying? and the beach in Louisiana is black? not sure home much needs to be on the surface to satisfy you..but quite frankly any amount for me to be picked up and rained out is a bit to much

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I completely and totally agree with everything in your post. I am not familiar with Kevin Costner's oil clean-up plan though. I will check it out. Yes I have heard many scientists commenting on the Gulfs floor and how it is unique to just about any other sea floor on earth, and very unstable.

Also the expert in the video clip estimates the pressure from this well will be at around 40,000 to 50,000psi. And if this is indeed the case, that the relief wells will also fail as the pressure will be to much for them to overcome also.

So far the media has put it around 9,000 to 11,000psi and we all know how they have been low-balling since day one. are they low-balling this also and this is the real problem for containment?

Thank you for your post.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
here's the best info i've found on the matter. lindsey williams always has good info.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

It was too much for me from day one. Im sorry if it sounds as though I am trying to sensationalize this catastrophe. I just think everyone should be aware and prepared for the worst. Pray and hope for the best.

Until the day I saw this happening and on what scale I never thought something like this could get so bad. Now I fear for everyone.

God help the men trying to get this under control, and to everyone this affects.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not to worry, you are not sensationalizing anything which is not already spectacular in scope.

I agree that a N.Detonation would only open the gap wider and create a real doomsday event which would be felt worldwide.

Not to mention that if you look at the Geo maps, this hole is connected to every EQ grid in Americas.

No a Nuke is not the answer.

BTW, does anyone know what the latest Hurricane outlook is? Are there any good links to the projected forecasts?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc,

I'm very surprised by your last few posts, as I have always regarded you as an excellent contributor on ATS. However, my friend, someone has been feeding you some serious BS.

Sorry, but there is more than enough oil on the surface to absolutely obliterate neighboring coastlines in the event of a hurricane. To say that the oil is mixing with the salt water as if all good is not only incorrect, it's downright reprehensible.

To not understand that chemical effects from the oil spill into the air would be not only harmful but literally uninhabitable is disgusting as well.

I truly hope you can come to accept the absolute horror that is transpiring in the Gulf of Mexico.

my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I'd love to panic, but the oil deposit they are drilling into doesnt even contain enough oil to kill off the gulf, much less the Atlantic. Not sure where this is coming from.

It's the "size of everest" (quote from BP in 2009 I think).

Please locate this quote where they said it was Mount Everest sized.
If the Mount Everest size estimate is valid, and we can’t stop it...
well I'll save that reply for when we have proof of volume.

The volume of Mt Everest is approximately 2413 cubic kilometers.

1 cubic kilometer = 6.28981077 × 109 oil barrels

That is 62,898,000,000 oil barrels.

Mt Everest is 2413 so total barrels would be……

(Yes folks that is 151 trillion barrels.)

Or in gallons … 6,374,460,708,000,000 (indeed quadrillions)

But hey it would only has a value of $74 per barrel
or roughly $11.2 quadrillion dollars.

So why would they consider or even care about closing it EVER!?

The environmental cleaning service industry will boom when it makes land fall. We'd be lucky if the motion of the ocean scrubs 50% before landfall. That will still leave a massive on land disaster.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm not a huge believer of bible codes....i've never fully researched the whole thing to make my own opinion on if its real or not. I lean more towards it being real than not..but again...have never been totally sure and I don't think its something I can ever be sure about. That being said...just wondering what my fellow friends over at bible code digest might have found. They didn't have anything specific related to the oil spill..but what they did have were several codes from about a year ago? that dealt with Obama, and they weren't really sure what they had to do with until maybe currently: here is what was found so far:

These clusters were found in 2chronicles, for those of you who don't know, chronicles main theme is that of success and failure in leadership.

1st Cluster:
He will illuminate their expectation from a state of chaos.
With whom is he exploring, and was Obama the father charged?

2nd Cluster:
The Lord is asking about you Shabby Lofty Obama

3rd Cluster:This one was the one that caught me
And he got sick and died from the water of Aram. The people of the water wondered, studied her, and Obama was found guilty.

There are more and you can find them herewww.biblecodedigest.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join