It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Threatens War if Turkish PM Tries to Deliver Gaza Aid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe this whole situation could be diffused if both sides of it were sincere. I would speculate that the Israeli intelligence already knows what is on those aid ships before they ever leave their home ports. The naval blockade is more than likely a flex of muscles.

By the same token, those who are sending the aid should understand that the most important thing in this whole scenario is that the aid gets to its destination as quickly as possible.

If both sides would eat a bit of humble pie and quit running around claiming that I have a bigger d*#k than you, this could be resolved. I don't understand why the UN doesn't intervene and do quick aid ship inspections at sea, so the goals of both parties involved are accomplished. I believe its wrong for Israel to board any ship in international waters....they don't own the world. A little bit of give here would go a long way, and if they are not willing to give, then what is they're true agenda? Just my thoughts......

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Already a thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the more exposure the better.
In my thread a lot claimed this guy is NOT in Goverment....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I dont see Israel pushing people around,I see Israel being attacked because America has a perceived weak president at this time. This would have never happened under Reagan or Bush if it had a carrier strike group would already be there,but thats a moot point.
I dont agree with some of the items blocked under Isreals blockade but I certainly do agree with Israels right to impose a blockade on Gazas sea ports in order to prevent the terrorist organization of hamas to be further armed. All of these aid ships had the option of entering and distribute aid over land after Israeli inspection,the old trust but verify mindset at play here but these ships wanted to play hardball,well mess with the bull get the horn. The reason and the sole reason they are challenging the naval blockade is in order to open up an avenue to ship arms into Gaza if you cant see this your blind,nobody is starving in Gaza. The US alone sent 900 million dollars to Gaza last year.

I gaurentee you Israel will not allow its naval blockade to be comprimised and when it comes down to it America will back them or you will see some serious stuff going on in America. Most here will not like my assesment and thats just the way I see it. I could be wrong but mark my words keep pushing this naval blockade and see if some boats dont get sunk. Its my opinion that Israel is just about to pull off the gloves and if they do there may not be any Gaza to be concerned about in the near future.

We already see Egypt and Israel making some consessions on the border crossings over land and this is the avenue that needs to be persued diplomatically if aid is the concern but this naval blockade imo is a non negotable deal as far as Israel is concerned and I dont see them budging on it either.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Again I say, if Mexico was allowing people to lob rockets over the US boarder, all of you would be calling for heads on pikes.

I'm sure you wouldn't think too kindly of anyone trying to aid them in their efforts.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dont know if i believe any of this blubber. But one thing is for sure, If Turkey DOESNT send any ships, then there wont be any war.

SO if Turkey does send ships (AND THE WARNING HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED BY ISRAEL) then i guess if something happens then its Turkey's fault.

Turkey wasnt aiding flotillas last year...or the year before that. Why do they HAVE to do it now??? They dont!!!!!

If anything happens, its on Turkey.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I dont think they have a wall between US and Mexico to lob missiles over..

And I dont think the US has a blockade in place...Or has gone into Mexico with tanks..etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I was describing a hypothetical situation. Imagine that Mexico was lobbing rockets over the boarder. How would America respond?

I would imagine that it would be similar to what Israel is doing beside the geographical differences.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Styki]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why do all these threads on ATS spiral into "hypotheticals"?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

ATS has a large percent of American users. Most people don't know how to see a situation from another perspective.

What I did was attempt to place this into a perspective that a large number of people here can understand. I know it's not perfect. I completely believe that if the US was in the same situation then Mexico would have a new government within a year or so.

The tensions between Mexico (and illegal immigrants) go a long way to further my point. That's a current example of how heated boarder situations can get.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

There is a massive difference.
MASSIVE.
That situation is by far hypocritical, why?

Simple.

We give Mexico free reign on THEIR land.
We allow them to travel, we allow them to leave, we allow food and medicine to be freely brought in.
We allow free enterprise.

Or is that point lost on anyone?

Now, if the USA was cut off and walled off from the world, denied any movement inside or outside... restricted imports/exports... would you not lob missiles at who ever guarded your boreder?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Styki

We give Mexico free reign on THEIR land.
We allow them to travel, we allow them to leave, we allow food and medicine to be freely brought in.
We allow free enterprise.

Or is that point lost on anyone?

Now, if the USA was cut off and walled off from the world, denied any movement inside or outside... restricted imports/exports... would you not lob missiles at who ever guarded your boreder?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Agit8dChop]

Very true; however, we give Mexico free reign on THEIR land because they are not lobbing rockets over our boarder. If they were and it was necessary to do so, then we would cut off their supply lines.

The first tactic we try when a country is a possible threat is to cut off their supply lines. Iran and the recent sanctions anyone?

As for your hypothetical situation. I would realize that lobbing rockets at a country that could obviously roll over mine at any time would be counterproductive. It's kind of like how South Korea has not attacked the North yet. The North would lose the war but the South realizes that they would have a massive amount of casualties. If I see a guy twice my size on the street, I am not going to start a fight with him.; I fully realize that I would get my behind handed to me. That's just how these things work.

I have never claimed that this was right or fair. I am just trying to get people to take a look at the other side.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The reason the wall was built was in response to the terrorist organisation Hamas forming the government in the region.

Here's a bit of history of the situation, I don't normally use wiki as a source, but this account is accurate...

Wiki

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
We in the west need to make it clear to the Turks that we are behind Israel 100%, give the Islamist nations an inch and they will want the racetrack.

Well, Turkey recently had the F1 Grand Prix at Istanbul Park. The first race of the season was in Bahrain and the last is in Abu Dhabi. I don't see Israel hosting any F1 races on this year's calendar.

Like any other 'conflict' or 'event', when it suits the West, they will open their arms to the Middle Eastern Nations. When the West needs a bogeyman, there's always a Middle Eastern nation ready to rotate into the 'axis of evil' crap, that Bush spun.

These arsehole psychos (distinguished world leaders) should all sit down together and play a game of Risk. Punch each other up and sort out their own friggin' differences. Maybe the rest of the world could live peacefully.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It seems to me that Israel is trapped in a dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t situation.
If they continue the blockade than sooner or later they will wind up sinking some ones ship and go to war.
On the other hand if they stop the blockade than weapons, ammo, building materials for fortified structures etc. will flow in to Gaza and Israel will be attacked.
So they will be at war no matter what.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Ahh the old chicken and the egg theory.

What came first?

Rockets being fired FROM Palestine into Israel..
Or Israel blockading Palestine from their lands..

How many rockets did Palestine fire at Israel in the 30's?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Israel shouldn't do anything to the next flotilla.

Instead they should send a counter flotilla to send aid to the Kurds.

I guarantee the Turks will not be near as restrained as Israel was with the Gaza flotilla.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
People seem to forget that Israel has a right to exist too.
the jewish people time & time again have been senselessly oppressed and murdered, now people moan that they actually stick up for themselves and their right to exist in the place that ORIGINALLY was their ancestral homeland.
people forget how it was the muslims under their indoctrinated senseless hatred of the jews, murdered them and forced the survivors from the land.

Its not black & white when you look at a history that goes back thousands of years,
If any ship enters Israeli waters with military intent then Israel has every right to exercise military might against said ship,

To sum up, Israel and the jewish people are fighting for their very right to exist against an enemy (Islam) that calls for all its people to hate & even kill Jews just because they are jewish.

Understand the full history and surroundings before you decide whether something is morral or not,

Seth.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Styki

Ahh the old chicken and the egg theory.

What came first?

Rockets being fired FROM Palestine into Israel..
Or Israel blockading Palestine from their lands..

How many rockets did Palestine fire at Israel in the 30's?

Israel didn't exist until 1948 and the blockade went up in 2007 in response to the rockets.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
the jewish people time & time again have been senselessly oppressed and murdered, now people moan that they actually stick up for themselves and their right to exist in the place that ORIGINALLY was their ancestral homeland.
people forget how it was the muslims under their indoctrinated senseless hatred of the jews, murdered them and forced the survivors from the land.

Its not black & white when you look at a history that goes back thousands of years,
If any ship enters Israeli waters with military intent then Israel has every right to exercise military might against said ship,

To sum up, Israel and the jewish people are fighting for their very right to exist against an enemy (Islam) that calls for all its people to hate & even kill Jews just because they are jewish.

Understand the full history and surroundings before you decide whether something is morral or not,

Seth.

Do they have a "right" to exist? Who gave them that "right" to exist as a nation? Did anyone ask the Palestinians in the early 40's, "Hey, we're gonna take a whole section of your land and give it to your enemy because we can and we want to....."

I dont think so, Israel as a state was forced upon the local palestinian population.

Gee, seems to be an ongoing pattern with opressing jewish people throughout history.....have you ever thought, there might be a reason for it? You guys dont seem to be doing any favours for yourself at the moment either.

now people moan that they actually stick up for themselves and their right to exist in the place that ORIGINALLY was their ancestral homeland.

so you wouldnt mind if the native Indians of the US started blowing up federal building and attacking government buildigns to get back what was originally theirs? If its good for one then its good for everyone else.

Understand the full history and surroundings before you decide whether something is morral or not

Israels actions are far from moral....how bout leading by setting an example...befriending your neighbour instead of trying to kill him...how bout giving the land back that was taken in 1967 war.....is it really that valuable to you? it wasnt yours to begin with......if you proclaim Israel has a right to exist on the land that was their once-upon-a-time, then so too the Palestinians and Gazan's dont you think?

Im sure the neighbouring Arab nations would not be so bitter against Israel if Israel was actually a good neighbour that lived well with the Arab population, not some new millenium apartheid nation......remember...apartheid collapsed in South Africa, it too will in Israel one day or the nation itself will collapse.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I know what you meant but,

what would America do to Mexico first to provoke them?????????

If you are going to compare, give all the facts...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join