It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Want to add a note, the link is in hebrew so use google translation. This is the picture of the guy who released the letter from "press office" of Israel.

Danny Seaman, head of the Government Press Office

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by dbates

Ahh just did a search and found where this propaganda is coming from

www.the7eye.org.il...

You can't trust that site. Just look at the domain extension. (".il") It's an Israeli web site. Nothing on that site is true. Please provide a proper source for your information.

Israeli web sites, noting but lies until you wish to use them to to say that the Israelis are lying.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by deccal

I'm already familiar with "Gaza is hell" reports because they are plastered all over the news media and this our "alternative" media 24/7.

There is no need to read more. What there is a need for is to provide some balance.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the brighter sides of Gaza...and not to mention Palestine. The West Bank enjoys an even greater amount of Prosperity.

You read in 3 minutes? Bravo.
Now intention is clear.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
You read in 3 minutes? Bravo.

No, I didnt read them at all.

Nowdays you dont get smarter by reading but by going to places.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I can set up a Blog in 5 minutes writing about "My wonderful life in Gaza" and then link it here. Lets not get pointless.

I understand not all is well in Gaza. But I also understand sensationalist "poor me" agenda and the deceitful agenda behind spamming the news-media with wounded children pictures.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Nowdays you dont get smarter by reading but by going to places.

A ridiculous statement. Is this what your parents taught you? That you can't learn anything by reading? Or did you come to that conclusion all on your own? That's just idiotic.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
A ridiculous statement. Is this what your parents taught you? That you can't learn anything by reading? That's just idiotic.

As I just said, any idiot can set up a Blog claiming anything. What is learned from it? Nothing.

What, on the other hand, is learned from travelling to Palestine? Everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think it is important to view these two videos in order, the original being the top video, and the analysis, being found below;

Original video.

Analysis

This deals a little with the 'false image' that we are presented with and goes onto explain the wider implications.

I am not asking you to believe anything on face value, I am simply suggesting you watch these two videos in order in hope that you may see that things are not so black and white.

Kind regards,

Skellon

Edit : Second link fixed.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Interesting, thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Reading blogs posted by who knows who etc.. really gets a person nowhere in the quest of real information, especially on such a controversial topic, is what i believe is the point of the comment.
Actually going into gaza is the point though, getting the info first hand, yourself instead of saying the info posted here by either side is real of not.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Very interesting. So this is the lifestyle of the elected Hamas govt ?
Why not ? Even the smallest basket contains rotten apples. It would be strange if Gaza did not have some contradictions. Just this is not the image you get in the news, cause only image you get from there, is then they cover Gaza vs Israel.
Anyways, same contradictions you will find other places. That does not prevent tourists from going there. So, unless the truth does fear further investigation, no reason why they should not open up a little for tourists ?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Most, if not all the aid money is disappearing into the bottomless pit that is President Mahmoud Abbas’s Palestinian Authority.

Revelations by former Palestinian intelligence official Fahmi Shabaneh that top Palestinian Authority officials are continuing to pocket millions of dollars earmarked for financial aid to the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip has fallen on deaf ears.

Shabaneh, who headed the anti-corruption unit in the General Intelligence Service, revealed in an exclusive interview with The Jerusalem Post that some of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’s close aides and loyalists had siphoned off hundreds of millions of dollars to private bank accounts.

Decision makers in the US and EU, either through not wanting to look foolish in backing once again the wrong horse, continue to bury their heads in the sand.

Some examples of how the aid is being hijacked.
www.hudson-ny.org...

In contrast, Hamas maintains extensive social and political operations. It owes much of its popularity among Palestinians to its network of charity associations in the West Bank and Gaza and, even more, to its reputation for incorruptibility. Yet Hamas is being denied aid. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

I bet the West & EU must be wishing if only the PA could be more like Hamas.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is nothing more than the Israelis trying to fool the world into thinking there is no suffering in Gaza.

The Nazis did the same thing in Theresienstadt. Read all about how it is done and know that the Israelis are good students as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
This is nothing more than the Israelis trying to fool the world into thinking there is no suffering in Gaza.

1. Ive said there is suffering in Gaza, a few times in this thread. I just said that its overhyped for certain agendas.
2. Not everyone who disagrees with the hive-mind is an Israeli

This is starting to get ridiculous, every second poster who cant beat logic resorts to ad hominem attacks of us being Israelis or Disinfo-Agents or whatever.

Is there ANY sane and civilized conversation around here anywhere?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah! Gaza is full of luxurious restaurants and lavish beach resorts, especially now after Cast Lead and the military operations and campaigns 2008-2009.

Everyone is dirt rich and they just sit there in their beautiful beach bungalows - cursing the rest of all poor trailertrash people all over the world, who are not as rich & posh as themselves.

They have a Zoo with lions and alligators as well! - that's actually true!

And in their bathrooms the interior is made of gold and diamonds.

In these videos everyone can see the luxury restaurants and the luxury housing of Gaza.

Israeli Airforce Captain in a BBC interview says Israel is commiting war crimes.

Breaking the silence - Israeli soldier's testimonies

Heartbreaking story from a cute 10 y.o girl - but she is probably just lying!

White burning Phosphorus Being Dropped on Rich Gaza Citizens, And Guess What, They Like It.

War tourism watching people die when the bombs are falling over gaza city - nice!

Nothing to see here, move along please!

Everything in Gaza is fine and peachy - the people are living in their luxurious beach bungalows in beautiful resort communities - and there are luxurious restaurants everywhere.

The food is healthy and is plenty for everyone - don't believe the propaganda which they are telling you, that everything costs 3 times as much as it used to do while their economy is in a complete shambles.

That is not important because all Palestinians are filthy rich and are driving luxurious cars and all wear diamonds, gold and expensive Italian fashion.

And don't belive the UN reports which says that many Palestinian children are suffering from malnutrition because most of the food allowed through UNWRA is low nutritional industrial junk-food. Don't believe them!

All palestinians are eating like kings at Palestinian luxury 3 star Michelin restaurants - that's why most of them are so damn obese and need their exercise in olympic size swimming pools which they're having in their enormous backyards - of every family's mansion.

And all of this in Gaza 2010 after the Israeli bombings 09 - difficult to imagine that eh!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

0.01% of the time a Bomb goes off.

Media-Programming, like the stuff you are presenting, makes it look as if thats 99% of the time.

And that is not good, not correct, not true, not honest. That would be as if NY City is presented only in terms of the Slums and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Haha, a pic of 21 people on a beach proves that everyone in Palestine is doing pretty well. Ever think that most of the poeple on the beaches and in the nice areas are actually on vacation and not just your average Palestinian?

The restaurant in the op(Roots Club), is owned by Cactus for Development and Investment. They are a member of the Palestine International Business forum that was founded by wealthy multi-national
individuals. Roots is owned an operated by rich investors that are not even close to being representative of the average Gazan.
That is like saying that Rockefellars are billion/trillionaires so everybody in the US must be pretty well off, when in reality there are hundreds of thousands(perhaps millions) living in poverty.
Roots Club
PIBF

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You know what else is over-hyped? Those firecrackers the Israelis call rockets.

As of January 2009, over 8,600 rockets had been launched, leading to 28 deaths and several hundred injuries,[1][2] as well as widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life

en.wikipedia.org...

Let's see, 28 deaths by 8600 rockets equals 0.003255 deaths per rocket in 8 years. Doesn't sound that dangerous to me. Fireworks are actually way more dangerous. They cause about 10 deaths and 10,000 injuries per year in the USA alone.

You want to talk about over-hyped? Let's start with the FACT that the Palestinian's rockets are less dangerous than the annual July 4th fireworks display.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

But making it look as if every day in gaza is bombs and bloodshed, thats neutral and true reporting, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From the Wall Street Journal a reporter's observation from first-hand experiences.

In Gaza too, the shops and markets are crammed with food and goods. But while photos from last Friday's Palestine Today newspaper, for example, depict sumptuous Eid celebrations, these are not the pictures you are ever likely to see on the BBC or Le Monde or the New York Times. No, Gaza is not like a "concentration camp,"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9632662f107.jpg[/atsimg]
A Palestinian man sells sandwiches in Gaza City during Eid al-Adha festivities.

online.wsj.com

To get an even more local perspective I checked out a local newspaper. You can find the online edition at Felesteen.ps. This is a paper that's published out of Gaza city. The paper is in Arabic but Google translator made quick work of the site.

It didn't take much searching to find the Taste section of the paper. (It's a subsection of the Family section). There you can read about how to make potato pizza, recipes for chicken Caesar salad, cake with Cinnamon caramel, and delicious dessert dumplings. Yum. This hardly looks like a newspaper published for a concentration camp.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3184887bcab.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/643d9ad85b71.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by dbates]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join