It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

Please forgive me if I don't agree with you that the world press has an agenda on the side of the Palestinians. In fact, i think it's the opposite, the mainstream media usually has a large bias toward israel.

One needs to remember there are many strings being pulled in Gaza and not all are by the "evil" Jews.

It is a huge propaganda tool for many Muslin countries, and the worst picture that is painted for there the better they like it...even to the point they instigate much of it to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Thanks for posting that - look at all those fancy cars, happy smiles, well-dressed people in Gaza.

It doesnt match the image most everyone is trying to sell us here.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

...whatever the case may be, Gaza has more than enough food.

This is aid delivered by Israel alone

Did you not see the links in my first post in this thread about malnutrition in Gaza?

The only reason aid is delivered solely by israel is because they won't let anyone else deliver aid.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Did you not see the links in my first post in this thread about malnutrition in Gaza?

Why would I care about links to tell me reality when Ive been there several times myself

Why would I care about second-hand information or prefer it to reality?

If people dont get out into the world often enough they start consuming hearsay. Done too long they disconnect from reality.

Nobody is starving in Gaza bud, dont believe everything you see on the Internet

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I found an image of beach life in Gaza. It looks quite nice there. (Too bad the Hamas are trying to make it a living hell by wanting to prevent women from walking there with men.)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Deleted by poster

[edit on 11/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Type in "Gaza" into Google images and you find what looks like living hell.

But go to "Google Maps" or travelblogs
and look at the shots not news-media but normal people took and you find lots of beauty.

Something different than the Israeli Tanks:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c88470a06be.jpg[/atsimg]

Something different than the bombed school:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/851ed55bcafb.jpg[/atsimg]

Something different than the wounded child:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/290da25cfa86.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Israeli Military doesnt target schools and children - they have strict codes against that.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Edit: First to apologise for any miss-interpretation my question could cause, so I am going to rephrase the question..

I stuggle to understand that in these situations why the elite tend to manage everything so they can maintain their lifestlye, even when that is at the cost of those they represent..

and it would be good to understand, how much of Gaza is like that now after Cast Lead and how much is left in utter poverty..

[edit on 11/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If you are a responsible citizen that wants to see the conflict end its better not to imply things that are not true. When people refer to child-murder its always a red-flag should go up that you are dealing with a hidden agenda.

So if someone says "Hamas murdered children" I would not swallow it without exmination but the red flag would go up. Likewise, the "Israel targets schools", "Israel shot at schools", "Israel kills children" is propagandistic and contradicts the IDFs code of Honour and humanitarian reports by the watchdog Organisations. The "news-sources" you google on this stuff can be traced to the usual suspects. You know anything can be googled and found to support an agenda.

Furthermore, the idea-implant of Israel targeting children has nothing to do with this thread.

Child-murder is a serious, serious, lowest-scum-of-all thing. Be responsible, dont clown around with it on Internet message Boards.

Be a part of the Solution.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Why is it in these types of conlict the TPTB almost never get targeted, and generally live in opulance while their populations suffer, it bugs me no end..

What is your take on that?

Do a little travelling and dining and you`ll find that people are not suffering as much as you want to believe.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I found an image of beach life in Gaza. It looks quite nice there. (Too bad the Hamas are trying to make it a living hell by wanting to prevent women from walking there with men.)

seeing as you keep going on about your first hand experiences of visiting Gaza, do you have any photos you took, which shows how normal Paleastinians live?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
seeing as you keep going on about your first hand experiences of visiting Gaza, do you have any photos you took, which shows how normal Paleastinians live?

Yes I do. Will I bother uploading them? No. The youtube-video posted earlier is enough.

I dont expect anyone to believe a word I say. I do expect people to actually go to some of the places they keep talking about and see for themselves. Not even to rely on my pictures.

This is not only a Gaza-issue its an issue all over the Internet: People think they can judge world events from their chair and desktop. They think they know about Russia, Germany, Israel, Gaza, Cuba, South Africa, Sudan, France, Switzerland, Egypt, Saudi-Arabia from stuff they read.

They may know a little about these events and places, and then usually only from a certain angle, but they dont truly know.

Gaza is not well, but its not nearly as bad as most think.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
*edited out because the previous poster also edited out*

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am having a good laugh at those photos you have posted and at your "logical" explanation.
Ok, you did your job, forum is chilled, it is not an "anti-israeli" forum anymore.
Now another thread please (ufo's maybe?)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

If we are able to disagree but disagree in a reasonable tone, we are setting an example for the higher ups. Thats the true purpose of being chilled.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

No, the youtube is propaganda, you having photo's of the champagne lifestyle in Gaza would be more convincing to me considering your stand point.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The Video Posted shows a regular street scene as you can see it every day and everywhere in Gaza.

Maybe not everybody is currently dragging the leg that was not blown off across the desert sand with an expression of horror at explosions and shards of bomb--splitters in their face but actually going about day-to-day-Business?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Israeli Military doesnt target schools and children - they have strict codes against that.

of course , they just use those bombs as fireworks over the schools
and the bullets are nothing more then suger coated candy for the school kids,

israeli military conduct is BS,
using indicrimiate weapons on civilians doesnt count as stricy codes of conduct

i find it hard to believe you were in Gaza and would take anything you say with a grain of salt,
i could easily say i have traveled the world and write what ever i want,

Originally posted by deccal

I am having a good laugh at those photos you have posted and at your "logical" explanation.
Ok, you did your job, forum is chilled, it is not an "anti-israeli" forum anymore.
Now another thread please (ufo's maybe?)

i am with you on that one lol,

[edit on 11-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I'm afraid Skyfloating's post is now out of context as I edited my original post.

Sorry about that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join