It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Hi vox,

Please find below, an example of the state of access to the Gaza Strip for travellers.

This Advice is current for Sunday, 13 June 2010.

We strongly advise you not to travel to the Gaza Strip because of the extremely dangerous and unpredictable security situation.

The Palestinian Authority requires all travellers to the Gaza Strip to register their movements. We recommend you contact the Australian Representative Office in Ramallah to assist with this process.

If, in spite of our advice not to travel to the Gaza Strip or the West Bank, you decide to do so, you should be aware that the ability of the Australian Government to provide consular services to Australians in these areas is extremely limited.

www.smartraveller.gov.au...

Essentially, you can, but you are advised not to.

Skellon.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Skellon]

A travel advisory from the Australian government does not say anything about getting in to Gaza.

You must apply to the Israeli embassy for a Visa, with a special permission request for Gaza entry. The documentation required is quite extensive, and includes criminal background checks on all places you've lived, extensive personal and professional reference checks, and can extend to requests for financial details. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Oh, wait, I've already posted that in this thread.

Getting in to Gaza - even with the assistance of lawyers who specialize in getting difficult visas - has been nearly impossible for a few years.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

I read though a majority of the pdf. It's all about workers, employers, and wages. It only mentions food to say that 70% depend on aid and that some food is smuggled through tunnels. It's all about unemployment and wages. Saying that people are too poor to eat well does nothing to refute the original statement that there are some good places to eat in Gaza. It doesn't speak to the fact that there are mountains of food in the marketplaces in Gaza.

So then the real problem in Gaza is employment, not food. Your source only bolsters my opinion on that matter.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Me not sharing personal information does nothing to substract from the original statement of media-distortion regarding Gaza.

Your shrill way of calling me out will do nothing to persuade me to post pictures. Neither would pictures do anything to convince the hardened fanatics posting here. They`ll just claim the pictures werent made by me or that they werent made in Gaza.

It being "impossible" to get into Gaza is a Myth, not reality.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Your shrill way of calling me out will do nothing to persuade me to post pictures. Neither would pictures do anything to convince the hardened fanatics posting here. They`ll just claim the pictures werent made by me or that they werent made in Gaza.

It being "impossible" to get into Gaza is a Myth, not reality.

Once more, with feeling:

I'm not interested in your personal details, not interested in plane tickets (obviously, because Gaza's airport has been closed since 2001) - but I am interested in knowing how you managed to swing that, when (month/year), and what crossing.

Nowhere do I mention wanting to see pictures. In fact, I pretty emphaticaly said I'm not interested in your personal details.

What crossing and month/year won't disclose anything personal, what with all the apparent tourists flooding to Gaza.

(LOL. beat your edit.)

(LOL. another edit. why not just revert to the original)

[edit on 13-6-2010 by vox2442]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by vox2442]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

So then the real problem in Gaza is employment, not food. Your source only bolsters my opinion on that matter.

And we have employment problem all over the world, aren't we?
Sometimes western people are so pathetic. But the power of them comes also from this pathetic logic. Everything can be legitimized. I love it.
Sushi...
Yum yum..
Dbate, one falafel for you, do you want Ayran too?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Obviously the food conditions there aren't as bad as some claim. Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas told Obama that the naval blockade of the Gaza Strip shouldn't be lifted. I'm sure if they were all starving he would be one of the first to call for the blockade to cease. Egypt supports this position as well. Hardly what you would expect if we were talking about millions of starving people.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is opposed to lifting the naval blockade of the Gaza Strip because this would bolster Hamas, according to what he told United States President Barack Obama during their meeting at the White House Wednesday. Egypt also supports this position.

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I entered as part of a group in a bus. They didnt even check my passport or details.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I entered as part of a group in a bus. They didnt even check my passport or details.

Is that the story you're going with, or would you like to edit it again?

Month/year and crossing.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Month/year and crossing.

None of your Business.

But the dining on that day wasnt particularly good.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Month/year and crossing.

None of your Business.

But the dining on that day wasnt particularly good.

Actually, it IS my business. That's why my company's lawyers spent so much time trying to get me in last year.

Silly me. All this time I could have just gone to Israel and grabbed a bus. Who'd have thought that it'd be as easy as that?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is what passes for mods now? This is worse than most HOAX threads on ATS. This is almost as bad as the Savvy's Anti-gravity thread that was finally deleted. Why? Because the OP made some crazy claims and then refused to answer ANY questions pertinent to making those crazy claims even remotely believable.

See a trend....

Now if a member can have a thread deleted for that behavior...why should a mod expect anyone to have any more faith in their unbelievable claim?

Your story is not the least bit convincing which smacks of an agenda, fueled by propaganda. It seems both you and the OP are so very concerned about people having perceptions based on skewed information. Well, how much more skewed can you get than saying things that sound like blatant lies and then refusing to give away anything that might back it up no matter how far from personal information it is.

Maybe you can tell us why you refuse to say month, year, and crossing? What are you afraid can be gleaned from that information? I have to agree with the earlier stated - this behavior always looks bad on ATS and for a mod to be doing it speaks a great deal to what makes a mod and the people who chose them.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

As we've already seen here some will stop at nothing to damage or slander my identity.

Its become unsafe to post even ones opinion, not to mention personal information.

But bully-tactics dont intimidate me. I will continue to post my views as I see fit.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

As we've already seen here some will stop at nothing to damage or slander my identity.

What is your point with that, exactly? What does that have to do with anything I said? How does that apply to anything you might want to get across to me? I did not quite understand. It seems like you have a problem with someone else. Do not howl at me for other people's threads, ok?

Its become unsafe to post even ones opinion, not to mention personal information.

Again, what in Hell are you talking about? I am not sure I see anyone questioning your opinions but I know that I am not. I also know that there is nothing personal about a moth, a year, and a crossing. I did ask you to explain what personal information that might give away because apparently you are not aware that we all have the same months.

I never asked for or criticized or even remarked on your opinions and personal information. Save it.

But bully-tactics dont intimidate me. I will continue to post my views as I see fit.

Whatever. If this is what the mods are like, then I believe I see many opinions being changed here. I see people on both sides of this argument questioning the idea of a mod making a bold claim that is most likely not true and then using every weak and poor tactic on ATS to avoid answering logical questions that could prove or disprove your crazy claim all without giving out any personal information.

Besides, you seem confused. You just said it is getting dangerous to post personal info and opinions. You ended by bragging that bully tactics will not stop you from doing so - sort of.

If your plan was to use my post as some sort of excuse to vent about things other posters have said, well done. You failed to address anything I said and then called me a bully.

NICE!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I read though a majority of the pdf. It's all about workers, employers, and wages. It only mentions food to say that 70% depend on aid and that some food is smuggled through tunnels. It's all about unemployment and wages. Saying that people are too poor to eat well does nothing to refute the original statement that there are some good places to eat in Gaza. It doesn't speak to the fact that there are mountains of food in the marketplaces in Gaza.

But you are not telling the readers that even that there's food in the market - everything cost double or 3 times as much as it used to do with very high prices - and most Palestinian people can't afford to buy healthy food for their families and must receive low nutritional and industrial processed junk food from UNRWA and other distribution centers.

And the people can't work because the Israelis closed down almost all factories in the industrial zone which is located just outside of the crossing where most of the Palestinians used to work as cheap labour to earn a living.

Ross Kemp: Middle East Gaza 3/5

And since the closure in 2007, 95 percent of the Palestinian factories in Gaza closed down. and many of them inside Gaza because they are not allowed to import their raw materials for production.

Land of Ruins: A Special Report on Gaza’s Economy

Democracy Now! producer Anjali Kamat files a report on the state of the Gazan economy, where unemployment and poverty rates are among the highest in the world. Despite international pledges of over $5.2 billion to rebuild Gaza, in the four months since Israel’s assault the siege has not been lifted and only one truck carrying cement and other construction materials has been allowed entry into the Gaza Strip.

Land of Ruins: A Special Report on Gaza's Economy - part 1+2

Then you play with us with semantics to make your silly points that food is available.

When the reality is that all this super expensive food which is available in the street markets and stores with very high black market prices - is also therefore affecting the lives of many broken Palestinian children and their poor desperate families in a very negative way when they can't afford to buy this food.

Many parents are ashamed because they can not earn a living and afford to buy more healthy fresh food for their children - and therefore we also see these cases of children suffering from malnutrition and the low calory diet which was implemented & imposed on them by the Israeli regime.

From that perspective, the shameless OP post about fine excellent dining in Gaza is a disgrace to the rest of the civilised world and to humanity in general - and it's in bad taste to be posting selective pictures taken well before the bombings and massacre took place 2009 to represent the current situation in Gaza.

And it's nothing more than a twisted attempt to justify the actions of the strict Zionist political agenda which is the cause of the Palestinian problem from the beginning.

But I'm quite satisfied to see that not many people here are enjoying this game.

We all know that most of the Palestinian current problem in Gaza boils down to the pesky Hamas which is terrible for the Palestinians, but the Zionist agenda and crimes against the Palestinian people certainly didn't start with Hamas - and the collective punishment which is a crime according to Geneva 4th is certainly not in any way justified or an intelligent solution.

And we also know that there is a fight about the political power between two Palestinian political factions - and the majority of the Palestinians people are unfortunately caught in between as usual, suffering from this internal fight - which only the zionist agenda is benefiting from in the long run.

As long as Israel are driven by this political hardcore zionist agenda, they don't want to see a united Palestinian political front making claim on one Palestinian state and a big chunk of Israeli land.

Most sane people of this world just wish that they could live side by side in peace on fair terms as it was supposed to be.

I don't know you dbates, but you and your fellow (sometimes uninformed) Americans one sided & blind support for the pro Zionist game regarding the horrible Palestinian situation just saddens the hell out of me!

I'm sorry for the harsh tone mate!

Ciao & peace!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Chevalerous

So then the issue is more about Hamas than the availability of food. That's not what the media is telling us. I am being one sided but every discussion can't be a broad generalized overview of the crisis. What's amusing is that if I focused on the other half of the issue I would have less blowback. I guess that's because I would have the media on my side. One sided discussions are okay if you pick the P.C. side.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0 Wait until he starts deleting your posts guys... Please start documenting it, as I have, and we will present factual evidence no once can refute.

I delete posts? Right. Im not even a Moderator in the MiddleEast Forum (see bottom). [edit on 12-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

If you dont moderate Middle East forums then how come you removed my post and sent me a warning on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... in middle east forums where I replied to the OP's satirical thread with a satirical reply?
Edit-
The post was removed after 3-4 days of original post that would mean whichever mod came across it did not had a problem with it and understood the context of reply with the OP.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by anonmoux]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Since this thread has gone hopelessly off topic...not to mention more than a bit personal.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join