It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That looks like excessive quoting, something else you guys are supposed to be enforcing.

Why don't you get the thread from yesterday so I can quote it?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

Dear Sir,

We do not act as Moderators in the threads we participate in. Please address other Moderators if you have an issue with a thread or Mod-actions.

Kind Regards,

Skyfloating

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Please deny that there was ever a thread.

As you are STILL skirting the issue, and I'd actually like Dbates to say it, as it looks like he's the one I have posts of.

I have screen shots of it as I was going to use it as evidence in another thread of mine.

Please, I'd like a screen shot saying it was never done to go with it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So, you are trying to tell me that you posting the Gaza surf club was not to say that "see, it isn't that bad in Gaza. They have a surf club." If not, then what exactly was your intention?

My comprehension is just fine, thank you. You accuse others of ad-hominem attacks yet you engage in the exact same behaviour.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

So you are just bent on derailing this thread with the how and why of the thread that disappeared, let it go, if you have a point other than the thread you posted lots of stuff is gone, I would like to read it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I can't help but think you are wasting your time. Much of the bias is bigotry and hatred directed at peoples, cultures, religions and races. Since these forms of hatred are not based on facts or reality in the first place, those who practice such hate and bigotry will never admit to any truth that contradicts them. It's like trying to talk sense into a friends head when their spouse is cheating on them. It does no good because they can not see past their own powerful emotions.

As we see here every day, people who are consumed with emotion and hate easily accept any information, even if it is obvious misinformation and do not want to hear or see anything which does not exactly match their own warped perspective.

Still it is wonderful when people try to educate with truth. It is nice to finally see a thread not based on pure propaganda and the dissemination of propaganda.

Those of us who are honest enough to admit their are problems on both sides of the Gaza-Israel controversies are constantly ignored or attacked by both sides. They demand that people either embrace one sides propaganda or the other. Truth does not matter to these people on either side. It never has. They have made the decision that lies are acceptable if it furthers their agenda and they don't have the strength of character to even see the flaw in that logic. Emotion has taken them over completely. Hate has consumed the parts of their brain that lead to logic and critical thinking. It is much the same as the mindset of groups like the KKK.

What I have just written here will be seen differently by each side of this. Even though I'm condemning both Israels and the Palestinians behavior, I will most certainly be judged, tried and executed by both sides for stating the things they have buried within themselves.

If I criticize the Palestinians insanity of allowing themselves to be controlled by Hamas, I'll be attacked by one side and embraced by the other. If I criticize Israel for their bungling of diplomacy and seeming lack of desire for a real solution the same will happen. It matters not to either side that both criticisms would be justified.

I have Palestinian friends in Idaho who tell me they would never return because their own people are insane.

I spent a pleasant evening in the home of former community leader from Kuwait who's family was slaughtered by one of Sadam's sons, who told me I was wrong to want to travel the world because the US is the world. He will never return to that madhouse.

I've recently made a freind of an Ethiopian refuge who has started a business near me. He caters to a group of refuge's from the Sudan. A more wonderful man I've never met. He will never return and his description of what he left behind is not pretty, nor does he speak highly of the leadership there.

I've had a business partner for many years who is Jewish. He was partly schooled in Israel. He also describes his people as crazy and tells me he would never return there.

These are truths. These are people who are honest. I could gather all these disparate people together in a room and they would enjoy each others company.

I can only shake my head as I read through the daily bigoted posts of late and hate it generates. So much hate. So many lies. So much intellectual dishonesty. So many desiring the destruction of others simply because of where they were born or which Faith they embrace.

My opinion of the entire human race has reached a real low point as of late. Right now people have steam and venom spewing forth towards you for simply pointing out a truth. Most won't post. They will just label you and hate you. I think we are many millennium's away from evolving into what could be considered an advanced, intelligent species.

Thank you so much for opening a window into reality even if it is just a peek hole.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

My intention is stated on every page and I´ll state it even more clearly:

To provide an alternative not-media-news-based view of Palestine. To provide an alternative to the whiny "poor us" image of Gaza that has been forcefully programmed into the hive-mind and is being parroted by both the mainstream and the "alternative" and "conspiracy-theory" media.

In this process I have learned that people get extremely uncomfortable when someone contradicts what they were programmed with.

So uncomfortable that they fall into a type of paranoid delirum where they fantasize about the poster being some Overlord disinfo-agent in cahoots with "Zionism that controls the world media".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you take an honest look at Skyfloating's posts, you will find some of the most honest posts, without bad intent or undue bias on this board. If honesty matters that is.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I'm certain that this restaurant serves free food to all 1.5 million Gazans.

yes sir, thank goodness the Roots club is there, supplying the needs of all Gazans for expensive cuisine and cocktails.

What's that? it actually doesn't do that, and like any fancy restaurant anywhere, it only caters to those who can afford it?

So basically it's a Hamas party official hotspot?

I guess Israel hasn't bombed it yet because this restaurant (apparently the only one of its kind in gaza, since it's the only one ever mentioned) is more valuable for propaganda purposes than the deaths of lots of Hamas.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Its no waste of time. What happens is this:

1. Discussion
2. Indexed by Google Forever
3. Eventually thousands of people read it
4. They get to see all sides and viewpoints without censorship
5. They form their own opnions
6. By seeing people who think like they do, they are inspired.

Our own job is to try to respresent the values we believe in as best we can.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

To provide an alternative not-media-news-based view of Palestine. To provide an alternative to the whiny "poor us" image of Gaza that has been forcefully programmed into the hive-mind and is being parroted by both the mainstream and the "alternative" and "conspiracy-theory" media.

In this process I have learned that people get extremely uncomfortable when someone contradicts what they were programmed with.

So uncomfortable that they fall into a type of paranoid delirum where they fantasize about the poster being some Overlord disinfo-agent in cahoots with "Zionism that controls the world media".

Hmm.. Allow a bit of objectivity in this. It would seem that you are trying to minimize the issue of the whole grand scheme which entails(ed) forced expansion, civil rights violations, etc.

Not to say that violence has been one sided, but looking at the facts, the tolls; death, property, fear on both (Palestine and Israel) sides is GROSSLY disproportionate. That is to say that Israel is holding the big stick here.

The problem I have with your views are that you are willing to zoom in on one thing and not allow yourself the big picture.

I may not be reading you fully but, to me, it just seems like a poor form of minimization, and taking away from what's really going on at the moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
Where is the thread you created yesterday called "5 star hotels in Gaza" or something like that?

I'm sure some people remember it, try looking for it, it's gone now.

Looks like someone with mod powers took it out...

Yup, somebody's screwing around with the threads on ATS for sure. I did a search for posts containing West Bank and Gaza and I'm missing a butt-load of my own material, some of which dates back to 2004ish. Some of them are still on the site but invisible to the search function while others are gone all together. Censorship is one thing, but letting somebody with an agenda have at the site's archives is beyond reasonable. Oddly enough the missing material is all Pallestine related, what is going on here ATS?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Except you are engaging in disinfo, and propagandizing for "your" side. I don't think you're "in cahoots" with anyone, but if you're trying to make a claim that your stance is one of "balance" then you're obviously expecting ATS readers to be very stupid.

Your buzzwords, in order:

"alternative not-media-news-based"
"whiny "poor us""
"forcefully programmed"
"hive-mind "
"parroted"
"programmed"
"paranoid delirum"

And you wrap it up of course, by basically accusing anyone who disagrees with your stance as buying into traditional anti-Semitic BS:

"where they fantasize about the poster being some Overlord disinfo-agent in cahoots with "Zionism that controls the world media"."

Your entire point in this is to try to claim there is no problem in Gaza, because oh hey, there's a restaurant. This is the same claim - the same restaurant, even - that Israel's spokespeople have been pushing to - get this - claim there is no problem in Gaza. Some "independence" and "not-media-news-based" on your part.

Skyfloating, every time I see you post, I'm reminded that ATS must have some terribly low standards for making people moderators.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That is one tough job in these emotional, political times. My thoughts keep returning to the 1960's and the madness of that time. We survived and hope the same happens again.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

Discuss the topic people.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I did a search for posts containing West Bank and Gaza and I'm missing a butt-load of my own material, some of which dates back to 2004ish.

Have you looked here?

Oddly enough the missing material is all Pallestine related, what is going on here ATS?

There is no function to "delete" a thread, only move it. And when a thread is moved, for any reason, the thread author receives a private message. Have you received any?

In any event, concerns such as this are best taken off-thread, or via the a complaint/suggestion function.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I realize some might doubt that there is an agenda. It's easily discovered by something as simple as a Google image search.

Mexico Food

China Food

India Food

Africa Food

Gaza Food

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I still dont understand the point of this thread.

Is it to try and show people ' look there is a restaurant in Gaza! so everything we have been told about the suffering over there is a lie!'

Because thats just ridiculous. Its common knowledge how the people there are being treated, and also how anyone who attempts to help them get treated aswel.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

oddly enough the "gaza food" search turns up only one picture with actual food in it, the rest are apathy building photos.

Goes to show the point of the thread in the first place, which is that all the propaganda we see are meant to keep the aid flowing into gaza, but who is really benefiting from it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

How are they being treated? How are we, living in the west informed of how they are being treated? Who is doing the informing?

Someone with first hand knowledge, who has seen it with their own eyes and slept in the homes of some of these people is pointing out that all is not as it is being portrayed.

Do you believe the gazans are being starved by the israelis?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join