It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pledges $400 million for Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Obama pledges $400 million for Palestinians

www.latimes.com

Obama had planned the White House meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas to talk mainly about Mideast peace. But after the aid flotilla assault, they ended up focusing on the blockade of Gaza.

President Obama pledged an infusion of $400 million in aid for housing, school construction and business development in the Palestinian territories Wednesday, saying after a one-on-one meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas that the situation in Gaza is "inherently unstable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why is this anti-Semitic Israel-hating puppet 'president' who is known as Barack Hussein Obama infusing $400 million to the Palestinians?

Guess where all that $400 million is gonna go?

Into the bank accounts of senior Hamas leaders, arms procurement for the Hamas combat division and feeding regiments of Hamas terrorists.

www.latimes.com

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Anything to look like a good guy. It really irks me that people in THIS COUNTRY ARE FREAKING STARVING yet we continue to throw money to everyone else. I also find it ridiculous that we aid Israel AND Palestine.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So if the US give Israel 7mil a day, thats a couple of months pocket money to shut some mouths.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We have no business giving aid to anyone -- and yes, in my opinion that includes Israel -- we are broke.

Further, if it has to spent, I should think the people in the Gulf could use that $400 million right about now themselves.

This is hush money and nothing more.

I really wish someone would take away Obama's United States' issued platinum card..... the taxpayers responsible for the bill can no longer meet the minimum payments and we are about to default....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nothing quite like funding both sides of a conflict. Obama is really good at this whole military industrial complex thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So he gives this to pale..., what about the billions he gives israel to blow up these people?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Drop in the bucket compared to what we 'aid' Israel with.

I don't think we should aid any countries at all, much less two warring partners. The only trade we get with Israel is that we send them money, and highly classified military technology, and then in return, we are not called a country full of anti-semites.

Why is it that almost half our govs heavy hitters have dual Israeli/US citizenship? Thats researchable for yourself.

In light of all the money that has been spent in the last two years, why is 400 million alot? We are committed to sending Israel at least 5 billion a year. Everyone forgets that one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
so now america are funding both sides of the gaza crisis?

its like world war 2 ... eg the americans helping the nazi's AND helping everyone else at the same time ... all over again!

where is obama getting his advice from?? the prescott bush's memoirs!??

[edit on 10-6-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Into the bank accounts of senior Hamas leaders, arms procurement for the Hamas combat division and feeding regiments of Hamas terrorists.

I wonder who will sell them those weapons...

This ain't a scene it's an arms race.

Go go American industry!

Once again the loyal Israeli dogs will fight and die for Wallstreet. They're so predictable.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This money is intended for the construction of targets in the Palestinian territories for live fire exercises of the Israeli Air Force, just like Gaza Airport.

Without sarcasm - who cares about 400 million, you have got a trillions dollar debt anyway. Four hundred million won't make a difference and sadly for you Americans - that's the price you pay for being the world's police man.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Anything to look like a good guy. It really irks me that people in THIS COUNTRY ARE FREAKING STARVING yet we continue to throw money to everyone else. I also find it ridiculous that we aid Israel AND Palestine.

I would have to agree with the part of your post about people starving here, out of work and all around being HOMELESS!
BUT at the same time I "can" understand why we do this ALL the time;simply put we always have. It is the norm no matter how bad things get in this country.

I think that with this new admin there should also be an UPDATE to the same ole same ole of sending billions around the world. When just a SMALL portion of that could be used to get our people back to work with new industry building and a system to get people back into homes. One that actually provides more than just a few homes here and there to meet the contractual agreements for the millions in grants the non profits get.

We need more than ever to get back to production in this country; if not only for ourselves. We have outsourced way to many things to other countries as it is "cheaper" to produce there etc. BUT figure in the cost of shipping it back and the taxes on it and all the lovely tariffs on the way and it would still be CHEAPER to do it here. There are millions of people who need work bad and would be all to willing to work for a fair wage. Getting back to producing all sorts of things would bring us back up to where we where in double time. It would also cut our recovery time by a minimum of 60%!

We as a nation need to consider getting back to our roots so to say and start working for what we want instead of doing the credit, mortgage, banking bubble all over again!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why is this anti-Semitic Israel-hating puppet 'president' who is known as Barack Hussein Obama infusing $400 million to the Palestinians?

www.latimes.com

What kind of logic do you have when you call someone who gives 400 million dollars to SEMITES, an anti-Semite? Are you one of those Khazars who believe you're actually from the Middle East?

BTW, this amount is NOTHING compared to the billions the dual-citizen Khazars lobby to be sent back to the apartheid state. YOU are the only anti-Semite on this thread, how flippant ironic.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So which butt are we going to pull that money from?
Because I really don't think we have it laying around and I don't think China wants to lends us money so we can just give it away.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

True $400 million really isn't a lot at all. Hell it's Nancy Pelosi's annual booze budget. Nevertheless it makes me mad.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
So which butt are we going to pull that money from?

Yours.

They're going to pull it from yours.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
lmao, I think its so funny how some one with so much debt can pledge anything. He needs to pledge to pay off China and clear our debt first!

This litteraly is someone that has NO MONEY to spend based on the fact we have such a debt and acts like he is all powerfull and rich based on the amount of taxes they rape from there people via an unconstitutional system. The hole thing s FUBAR.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer

www.latimes.com

What kind of logic do you have when you call someone who gives 400 million dollars to SEMITES, an anti-Semite? Are you one of those Khazars who believe you're actually from the Middle East?

Well, no, but the minority of Israelis are true Semites, i.e. the Sephardis and I believe they are pitted against the Palestinians as equally as the majority Ashkenazis.

$400 million is only a glass of water compared to the $3 billion in annual Israeli military aid.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Israelis are not letting any construction materials through their blockade. Will this aid come in the form of materials, and labor, or will it be in cash?
Cash would be a bad move, as it's a given that it will be used for other things.

If materials, how are they going to get them there? Will the US break the blockade? What about construction? Who will do that? Locals, or a *cough*no bid*cough contractor from the US?

Something seems a bit screwy here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

That's completely crazy, I thought the US was on Israel's side and have been supplying Israel with weapons to protect themselves from these Hamas Muppets.

That's like my Wife giving my ex Wife money when I told her to pi** off years ago, durh!

Has Obama been brainwashed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join