It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM reports "DOOMSDAY scenario" about new Oil Spill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Could the North Koreans or other country use the oil slick as a cover to send a submarine through the gulf of Mexiico for a nuclear strike? Its is a deep floor ocean. A staged set up? Kinda goes along with the story of the N korean sub sinking a ship recently....

In a few weeks all you need is a match why bother slink around with an outdated russian submarine?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I noticed on one of the ROV feeds today a shot of the seafloor. The mission title that some of the ROV feeds have said"Seafloor Integrity Survey". Could this be what they are speaking of?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Let's not forget about the asphalt volcanoes in the Gulf of Mexico.
www.marum.de...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by abearzz
www.marum.de...

Maybe that is what we might have where the Gulf well hole is now.

First the methane come up
then oil, a light stinky oil..
then a heavier oil
then very thick stuff that solidifies due to the water temperature.. versus the molten hot tar temperature.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

www.marum.de...

I do hope these bacterial mentioned at your link
don't create too much hydrogen sulfide...

In the Koran the first sign of the end times is that the air smells bad

oh my... google search:

Jun 3, 2010 ... Natural, Oil-Eating Bacteria Could Clean Up Oil Spill ..... Their waste product is hydrogen sulfide (H2S) which is extremely toxic to marine life...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

www.marum.de...

I do hope these bacterial mentioned at your link
don't create too much hydrogen sulfide...

In the Koran the first sign of the end times is that the air smells bad

oh my... google search:

This a little more accurate L@@K

The Final Signs of Qiyaamah (Islam)

The ground will cave in:
one in the east,
one in the west,
and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days.
The nonbelievers will fall unconscious,
while Muslims will be ill (develop colds).

The skies will then clear up.

and it goes further only the order is mixed up, Macondo well in west so...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Final Solstice

"I don't know how many of you follow the Bible and all, but I'm pretty sure man is supposed to destroy earth this time around. Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?"

You are correct...

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth Rev 11:18 KJV

Peace

edit to add your quote

[edit on 11-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Fear mongering.

Plain and simple.

dot com.

Spread the love. Deny fear.

Everybody has a right to their opinion, and I won't deny you yours'.

That said, I find this current "Nothing to see here! All fear mongering, no facts" attitude to be disturbing, to say the very least.

I realize that, in this day and age, we tend to see doom around every corner and I, personally, have been a part of the ATS community when doom was 'days away' many, many times. Whether it's surfing Above Top Secret or the internet in general, one learns to engage a healthy bulls**t filter. Mine, at this point, is a finely wrought, highly honed machine that rarely gets riled up enough to post in these threads, much less actually believe in them.

This, however, is a different beast altogether.

For the 1st time ever, I'm scared. I think humanity has awakened a beast that it's ill-prepared to deal with and corporations and governments, alike, are in panic mode. Despite what others have said, our oceans and ecosystems are NOT prepared to deal with an assault on this level. Maybe over the course of several million years, this will be nothing but a blip on the radar for Mother Earth, but in the here and now, this is an absolute calamity. I have total confidence in our beautiful planets' ability to LONG outlast humanity. Humanity, however, will be the architect of our own destruction.

Who among us ever really doubted that?

Certainly not me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And another thing, while I'm at it...

For the love of god people, can we *please* stop turning this issue into an utterly ridiculous Democrat vs. Republican, Red vs. Blue, Obama was born in Kenya (is a Nazi, is the anti-Christ, is a Commie, wants to take your guns, etc, etc, etc) political circus and FOCUS on the fact that this may be approaching the first ever planetary emergency.

I'm sure domestic politics are the end all and be all to Americans, but let me assure you that the rest of the world, at this point, IS NOT IMPRESSED. This travesty would have played out exactly the same, no matter which party was in power because, in the end, they're BOTH controlled by the same interests. It's time that people woke the hell up, realized that fact and did everything in their power to fix it. We're quickly approaching a point of no return here and history will not be kind to those who sat by and played politics-as-usual while the planet went to hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I just can't understand why this devestating mess isn't the top #1 prioroty on everyones list of problems that require all eyes and ears. This is an urgent catastrophe that could ultimately end up being of biblical proportions.

Why is the US government not commiting any and all resources to fixing this? Why are there not entire shifts of teams working round the clock to find a solution?

Where is the international community in this matter? Why are there not researchers, scientists and engineers from across the entire globe working in conjunction with BP and the US government to fix this mess?

Is this America's ocean only, or will this not effect almost everyone?

Why are we not as a planet throwing every single idea/resource/available dollar into correcting this massive disaster?

All due respect, but anyone making light of this situation or writing it off as just another naturally occuring event are grossly misinformed. If this massive leak continues to belch out oil unchecked for much longer we are going to not only lose the entire gulf of Mexico, but likely large parts of the Atlantic ocean as well.

Not to mention all of our coastal cities and states, which could quickly become uninhabitable. Then there is Mexico, Cuba, the Carribean Islands, Costa Rica and everything due south that will suffer the same fate.

This, I would dare say, could be the biggest threat to human existence that any people have seen since the beginning of recorded civilized society. What has happened that would rival such a disaster?

The whole thing is tragic, pure tragedy. All a result of man made stupidity and greed. I always knew that man would be responsible for his own extinction, and maybe that is a good thing.

Maybe mother nature needs to just shake the fleas off and rid herself of this scourge of human existence once and for all. Maybe this is mother Earth telling us that we have gone too far.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

No-One cares. Simple as that. I can't even get my mother to watch A full minute about this on the regular #ing T.V, Let alone trying to tell her that there are Brown Pelicans from the Gulf Cost... In Connecticut now

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
That's ok about your mother sometimes when people become afraid they block out noise....sad part was this oil was heading for China drilled on american water you guys should recall troops from middle east attack and seize BP before they declare chapter 11 and screw you.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The lack of urgency and concern shown about this is a reflection of our detachment from the planet we call home. Society has largely left Earth in the dust as old news.

Is this a doomsday scenario? No, I don't believe so. Oil will degrade and nature is one of the most resiliant forces out there. This, I believe, will pass in time. It may take years and cause tons of pain, but it will pass.

The true battle here is to wake people up to the forces that allowed this to happen and then tried to cover it up. The evils that surround this event need to be exposed and punished fully. I truly hope that people see the careless disregard for our planet that's been occuring and realize that dealing with it is a top priority. People need to turn their backs to the escapist, detached society that we live in and deal with the real world.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Why do you count only human lives? what about the millions of animals that die, dont they count? we dont take a separate part in the ecosystem, animals die, everything dies, because everything is interconnected

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MEAT10AF

The true battle here is to wake people up to the forces that allowed this to happen and then tried to cover it up. The evils that surround this event need to be exposed and punished fully. I truly hope that people see the careless disregard for our planet that's been occuring and realize that dealing with it is a top priority. People need to turn their backs to the escapist, detached society that we live in and deal with the real world.

Well MMS was true culprit I forgot my expose lost in all the disaster posts but i have all sorts of examples how corrupt MMS is rock n roll sex, coc aine, football games, vacations. payouts, whores, and easy leasing.....

MMS= accepted BP's assertion BP could handle a 165,000bpd blow-out???hahaha they can't even handle 15,000bpd so why isn't the MMS official whom handle the Macondo lease NOT IN JAIL WHY?

You guys have a really really corrupt govt. I guess this is the 911 call

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The more I begin to research in to this disaster the fishier it becomes (no pun intended). I am absolutely convinced that this disaster has been made bigger than it is due to the act of mans greed.

This could very well be a turning point in the history of mankind and oil production, does somebody know something that we don't? could the energy revolution be closer than we think?

My gut feeling is that these rigs were sabotaged in order to create this chaos , what is the golden formula when it comes to conspiracies/false flags - Cause Reaction Solution

Cause = Oil Spill
Reaction = Obama's public speech vowing to get tough on BP (yet still a media blackout)
Solution = TBA (we are in the stages where the controlled media start to report about doom and gloom and whipping the public into a frenzy, just like 911 and exactly like the swine flu epedemic).

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Doe

If your wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Take a look at this fox news broadcast. Its bull# I'm about 100% sure all of the people being interviewed are actors or just complete morons.

HERE'S THE LINK news.yahoo.com...

Called voices of disaster.....yeah #ing right

[edit on 10-6-2010 by John_Doe]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by John_Doe]

That is the lousiest excuse for a 'focus' group I've ever seen. They are CLEARLY acting. And very poorly at that! Each and every one of those voices of disaster should win a Razzie.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I FEAR the unknown about this oil spill. I don't fear many things in life, but this makes me go numb in the brain. I think we 'broke' part of the planet in a big way here. A way that might haunt us for decades and change lives forever.

I think we are only seeing the beginning of how bad this could get...not trying to be alarmist.

This is a SHTF scenario with no end in sight I'm afraid.

I agree, we have to had broken something vital to the earth. I'm sure there is a purpose for all that oil being under the ocean floor and it is there for a reason.

We have disturbed the natural course of the earth. We are altering the way nature works. We have NO IDEA what this oil spill will do to us and the earth. Soon, we will have a rude awakening. We cant count on our government most the time, but we can count on mother nature to surprise the crap out of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

My gut feeling is that these rigs were sabotaged in order to create this chaos , what is the golden formula when it comes to conspiracies/false flags - Cause Reaction Solution

Cause = Oil Spill
Reaction = Obama's public speech vowing to get tough on BP (yet still a media blackout)
Solution = TBA (we are in the stages where the controlled media start to report about doom and gloom and whipping the public into a frenzy, just like 911 and exactly like the swine flu epedemic).

Wow. I have said the SAME exact thing since the beginning. If it were an actual accident, BP shouldnt have a problem keeping us better informed of the situation, because hey, accidents happen.

They would have tons to hide if it were deliberate somehow. Its fairly easy to tell the truth but it is way harder to tell a lie and keep up with it.

What can it be though???

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I FEAR the unknown about this oil spill. I don't fear many things in life, but this makes me go numb in the brain. I think we 'broke' part of the planet in a big way here. A way that might haunt us for decades and change lives forever.

I think we are only seeing the beginning of how bad this could get...not trying to be alarmist.

This is a SHTF scenario with no end in sight I'm afraid.

I agree, we have to had broken something vital to the earth. I'm sure there is a purpose for all that oil being under the ocean floor and it is there for a reason.

We have disturbed the natural course of the earth. We are altering the way nature works. We have NO IDEA what this oil spill will do to us and the earth. Soon, we will have a rude awakening. We cant count on our government most the time, but we can count on mother nature to surprise the crap out of us.

You bet we disturbed it. We have punctured the life of our Mother Earth. Her veins are spilling blood.

Those who are preaching NONSENSE are running scared. They just do not want to face what they KNOW to be truth.

However, this will bring humanity together ... to find a solution and to learn to work WITH our Earth and not against her. She is a living, sentient being. Let's start treating her that way.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join