It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic Query to Christians.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

No its okay I dont believe in hell, so tell me to go to hell in a handbasket it won't bother me that much.

But when we pose theories that don't jive with your faith, you all turn against us who demand evidence and I know to well it goes the other way around and it is frustrating.

We all are fighting for the same thing, I think but we arent examing the same evidence which is our history, but IMO religious people are close minded.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by State of Mind

Actually I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, which is naturalistic/atheistic.
We don't believe in a literal Devil.
Ultimately it is worship of the self (like everything really - perhaps just like believers have a "personal Jesus").

People think I was making fun (I can see why, re-reading my sincere post).
But I was not.
I was raised Christian and that fear of hell is still nagging me.
I still don't have an answer.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by halfoldman]

no true Laveyan Satanist would even think there is a 1.00009% chance of a heaven. you are a disgrace to the rest of us. No use in wasting even the time it took to make this thread worrying about a literal hell. you could have been doing something you really wanted to all this time.

I suggest you go and indulge in whatever vices you might have and you'll forget all about this mythical hell/heaven BS.

edit to add that I dont mean to be a jerk by saying you're a disgrace, just that you shouldnt have any doubts, if you do better to be a Xtian just in case

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Totalstranger]

Thank you very much for setting me on the straight left-hand path again.
Some sanity at last!
However, to say that hell and the devil were the best friends of religion ever, because they terrified people into it is sooo true, and it's a difficult meditation at times.
Disgracefully,
Shehamforash!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

See it's all about baiting.

There is nothing worth debating here.

No it's not.

It is the fact that you all won't answer any of those stupid questions. Cause you don't know the answer. You think that we are having fun?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

No it's not.

It is the fact that you all won't answer any of those stupid questions. Cause you don't know the answer. You think that we are having fun?

Of course you are. You're power tripping.

It's the trendy thing to do, hey it is 2010!. The human race is advanced.

Why do Atheists believe Christians have to explain things to them?. Can't you work it out for yourselves. The bible does say that you are idiots maybe there is some truth to that.

Besides, ALL of the answers given by Christians are never accepted by the Atheists.....so what is the point.

Look at all the Anti-God threads on here and the net in general, this is a sign to any Christian. But don't worry, you won't be left-out, it will effect the non-believers as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

The bible does say that you are idiots maybe there is some truth to that.

Where does it say that?

and why does some complete stranger care if I am "saved" or not?

Hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Off the top of my head, I can only think of one place in the Bible that infers different punishment in Hell.

Luke 12:46-48

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes .

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Although I must say that the Wikipedia piece was good, this is what can happen. The message come across like Satanists are animalistic hedonists. But, if you read The Satanic Bible it talks about responsibility, not "compulsion".
As such the Satanist is more aware of his limits and responsibilities than most, because he can blame no one but himself for the consequences to his actions.
Satanists generally believe in much harsher laws and punishments then wider society.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Hey Halfoldman,

I'm not a theist, but if you are a Christian and believe in it's authenticity, take comfort.

Jesus explicity said that he came back to save ALL mankind. Not just the Christians, but every man, women and child. Take it as literal. Jesus will save every single soul according to the bible.

Good thing you aren't a theist ehh?

Mat 10:5 Jesus sent these twelve out, charging them, saying: Do not go into the way of the nations, and do not go into a Samaritan city.
Mat 10:6 But rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And going on, proclaim, saying, The kingdom of Heaven has drawn near.

Mat 10:8 Heal sick ones, cleanse lepers, raise dead ones, cast out demons. You freely received, freely give.
Mat 10:9 Do not provide gold, nor silver, nor copper in your belts,
Mat 10:10 nor provision bag for the road, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staves. For the worker is worthy of his food.
Mat 10:11 And into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is worthy; and remain there until you go out.
Mat 10:12 But entering into the house, greet it;
Mat 10:13 and if the house truly is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
Mat 10:14 And whoever will not receive you, nor will hear your words, having gone out of that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
Mat 10:15 Truly I say to you, It will be more bearable to the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in Judgment Day than for that city.

Actually Jesus didn't come to save anyone. He came to proclaim that the kingdom was at hand. Here is the truth of the matter. Because it is IN the name of Jesus you are saved you must look INTO the name. If the name Jesus could save me I'd legally change it right now, but that is not the truth.

The truth is, the name Jesus means something and it is that "Something" that saves you because it is an action on your part. The name Jesus means "Self existent salvation" and it is that which "saves" you. In other words...Procreation!

This just so happens to be the VERY first law given...."Be fruitful and Multiply" and it is by this all the law hangs....Love the lord your God and love your neighbor as yourself........"Love the one you with, love the one your with...do do do do do do do-do"

That is the truth, because the truth is what we already know.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaturaltoBelieve

The bible does say that you are idiots maybe there is some truth to that.

Oh yay, I get a mention in the Bible, eat yur heart out People!

Nice to know that there are "some truths" in the Bible.

Sorry OP, if you desire more Heat in Hell, you gonna have to bring your own firewood mate!
The energy crisis is Universal you know.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Village Idiot]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Oh no worries about firewood.
I'm sure all-loving and omnipotent God will use his energy to heat it just to the right fiery temperature!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wherever / what ever level / you will end up always being thirsty for no water will be given.. constantally thirst for water. Have you ever been really thirsty before? Think 1000 times worst. Still want to sell your soul to the Dark side?

You don't have to be perfect to be saved. No good deeds nor good works saves anyone. Only by Faith/believing in the Son of God, Yahshau (aka Jesus Christ) who was sent to die in our place for our sins because us silly humans could never get it right. God willl not turn away from anyone that cries out to Him and believes/accepts His Son. Give it a try before you jump off into that Black Hole.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

i]reply to post by halfoldman

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by balrathamir
Hell really isn't an actual place of Fire and Brimstone, that's just a Medievil Fantasy used to scare the uneducated masses.

Hell is actually a seperation from God. In the afterlife you will come to a full realisation of what it actually means to be in Heaven, not the symbolic stuff we're told in the Bible etc, but actually see and know what it is. However because of our own actions we will remove oursevles from that place, simply because we know ourselves to be unworthy of it.

Imagine, for enternity knowing you could have had everything you wanted, the stuff that really matters, but because you chose not to follow some simple rules you chose not to enjoy it.

That my friend is Hell.

does that mean you will be in a place where god is not? that would make him un-almighty? yes?

and if you are out to have everything you ever wanted, then that is full blown desire. and you are bound to experience that it never satisfies--no matter what you get. eventually it will pale, and you'll look for something else, endlessly.

not the sought of eternal life or heaven that would attract a sane individual, its just a repetition of earth life. boring in the extreme.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I love how everyone singles out Christians.. hey, we didn't make the rules, we just follow them. You got a problem take it up with God.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I seem to remember a History Channel documentary that said that basically, there is no hell. (EDIT - At least not in the 'traditional' sense) That much of what we imagine to be 'hell,' was either trumped up by the christian church in the middle ages, or taken out of context. I will try to find that particular show.

Chrono

EDIT - I think this was the one I was remembering.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Chronogoblin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Psalm 14:1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Synonyms for FOOL

ass, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, boob, bore, buffoon, clod, clown, cretin, dimwit, dolt, dope, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, easy mark, fair game, fathead, goose, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, illiterate, imbecile, innocent, jerk, lamebrain, lightweight, loon, moron, nerd, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, oaf, sap, schlemiel, silly, simpleton, stooge, sucker, turkey, twerp, twit, victim.
thesaurus.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hell is demonstrably an immoral construct that God would never create.

No God of love would send anyone there.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

This says it is not required. We are all to be saved.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Surprising. A Christian Bishop speaking truth. Hell.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Hell, or any place of otherworldly punishment, is a demonstrably immoral construct that any moral God would never create or need.

If you answer these honestly, you will agree.

Is it just for a man to only be able to sin for 120 years and then have to spend eternity in punishment and torture?

Punishment is given to change actions and attitudes in character. Repentance, in other words.
Is it just to punish or torture if these cannot be accomplished?

Would death then not be the moral thing to do?

Regards
DL

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Greatest I am]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by halfoldman

Or maybe Satan is just a wa for justifying things that would not likely be justified.

Like say, catholic priests raping little boys.

Why do you choose that as an example? It is one of the most classic Christian baiting issues around.
The truth is that God gave us free will and that everyone is a sinner. I hear a lot of fellow Christians say that all sin is equal in God's eyes, however, it specifically states in the Bible that special judgement will be reserved for hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

reply to post by State of Mind

Actually I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, which is naturalistic/atheistic.
We don't believe in a literal Devil.
Ultimately it is worship of the self (like everything really - perhaps just like believers have a "personal Jesus").

People think I was making fun (I can see why, re-reading my sincere post).
But I was not.
I was raised Christian and that fear of hell is still nagging me.
I still don't have an answer.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by halfoldman]

no true Laveyan Satanist would even think there is a 1.00009% chance of a heaven. you are a disgrace to the rest of us. No use in wasting even the time it took to make this thread worrying about a literal hell. you could have been doing something you really wanted to all this time.

I suggest you go and indulge in whatever vices you might have and you'll forget all about this mythical hell/heaven BS.

edit to add that I dont mean to be a jerk by saying you're a disgrace, just that you shouldnt have any doubts, if you do better to be a Xtian just in case

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Totalstranger]

Thank you very much for setting me on the straight left-hand path again.
Some sanity at last!
However, to say that hell and the devil were the best friends of religion ever, because they terrified people into it is sooo true, and it's a difficult meditation at times.
Disgracefully,
Shehamforash!

There is a great quote in the movie "The Usual Suspects", the main character at the end of the film says "the greates trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".
In the context of the movie, he is bragging about how he avoided capture by pretending to be a cripple. It does ring so true for a religious point of view though. The devil wants to turn people away from God and in order to do that, he must also cause people not to believe in himself.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No hell is real it's damn real and many saints seen it. Many. It's not fun. It's not some happy party with buddy devil who hates your guts.

He wants to woop your ass forever and that torture is done by our own doing.

every grace is removed. every ounce of love. Every soul loses it's beauty from saints description. The soul becomes so ugly that that saints have said the faces are hideous. All black and they smell with the worst stench.

Bueaty is a reality God made.

The souls in hell lose all beauty, all good scents.

another fact is like burnt coals souls don't MOVE. They stay in one spot for eternity nalled by regret and screams of the worst kind all piled on each other like burnt coals because that's what their rebellious souls deserve.

Hell has to exist. There is a jail on earth. it's common sense for God to seperate evil from good just like people on earth have done with jail.

I advice you to denounce the devil who sucks and hates you anyways regardless if you follow him or not. He's graceless.

Look Gods rules aint that hard to follow. His number one rule in the bible is stay happy and love.

Playing pool aint a sin, watching TV, going out, laughing at jokes, that's all normal. Temptation is normal although God wants us to overcome it for reasons good for our soul.

There is nothing to rebel about.

souls make the mistake and think every little thing is a sin and gets them to hell. It's just not the case. God wants us happy.

Life is so damn simple and we torture our selves and rebel and allow our lack of understanding to cause us to lose God forever.

Just enjoy life, be happy, and don't think every little thing is a sin.

That's why god created the smile in the first place. Our lips go up when we are happy. We were designed for happiness.

peace op.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by JesusisTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join