It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic Query to Christians.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
^

I
I

See now if spelling is a sin, I'm doomed!!!

from the next page back.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by balrathamir
Hell really isn't an actual place of Fire and Brimstone, that's just a Medievil Fantasy used to scare the uneducated masses.

Hell is actually a seperation from God. In the afterlife you will come to a full realisation of what it actually means to be in Heaven, not the symbolic stuff we're told in the Bible etc, but actually see and know what it is. However because of our own actions we will remove oursevles from that place, simply because we know ourselves to be unworthy of it.

Imagine, for enternity knowing you could have had everything you wanted, the stuff that really matters, but because you chose not to follow some simple rules you chose not to enjoy it.

That my friend is Hell.
Buy a concordance and study what the Greek terms used to describe Hell entail.

"Fire" is the correct term used.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What becomes clear in this and some related threads is that opinions about hell differ widely between different groups of Christians.
It seems almost surreal to be criticized by one group of non-literalists for simply raising what the most popular and vocal group currently believes.

Earlier some posters were asking about where all the Satanists are at, and why they don't respond as a mass movement.
Well it is not a mass movement, and it doesn't seek converts.
I'm in the main stream of LaVeyan Satanism - but I never claimed to speak for any group or organization, only for myself.

In any case, I have some youtube material from various Satanisms for those who are interested. It ranges from the satirical, to some of the stylistic onslaught one may associate with Marilyn Manson.
Now that we can enjoy some more chit-chat without the more earnest pressures of ATS, I've decided to add a small variety from the Dark Side (once again none of this presents one authoritative organization).

Very realist Satanic info, lesson, news and variety: www.youtube.com...
Psycho drama to shock (or delight) your socks off, with people really just talking:
www.youtube.com...

Whoops, I rather removed "The Hymn of the Satanic Empire"
because of some nudity and staged shocking pics. Will try to find a more appropriate clip of La Vey.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Here's an informative piece from the History Channel:
www.youtube.com...
These are views from the official church, which by now has many off-shoots and self-styled non-members.
While the Satanic Bible is a short book (it can be read in one or two sittings) it can be officially atheistic, or agnostic (there may be an afterlife, and for many self-styled people this may interact with other beliefs - there may be a possibility of people being ghosts for a while, who linger temporarily around earthly things they would enjoy), but ultimately it is about vital existance here and now.
However, nowhere is there a rule against questioning or discussion.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Actually, we get our own private room.
Kind of like a skybox at a sporting event.
We're there, but don't necessarily have to worry about mingling with the masses.
Air conditioning, all the booze and food you can shove into your face, sexy devil girl waitresses (or devil boy waiters...whatever you fancy) and a perfect view of the festivities.

Oooookay, I'm just jerking you.
I don't believe in any kind of hell other than New Jersey...that place is awful!
Seriously though, you bring up some excellent points and I know I'm a bit late to the party so I decided to post before reading the pages and pages of people telling you that you're a doucebag for even asking...which is just so rude of them!
My brother, as always you force the mind to stop and think about the veritable multitudes of questions that many people are afraid to ask themselves if, for no other reason, than because it goes against their programming.
Once I wade through all of the posts, I'm sure I'll have quite a few smart aleck remarks to make here and there so until then...if I wore a hat I'd certainly tip it to you sir for asking a very intelligent and thoughtful question.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by State of Mind
I don't understand "Satanists". They worship Satan, correct?

Incorrect.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There are clearly different levels of punishment in hell. I have no idea how such things are graded. One thing is clear. The hypocritical christian or the christian who falls away will be treated worse than the unbeliever.

www.bcbsr.com...

Though one could argue that perhaps such never were christians.

However hell is so nasty I wouldn't dare contemplate going there under any circumstances. I can vouchsafe for this from personal experience, having been plagued by demons from an early age, prior to repenting and making Jesus my Lord and Savior.

www.amightywind.com...
www.hissheep.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Hey, hey, hey - better late than never.
Shehamforash!
Well, see what you think of my two Youtube pieces in the posts on this page.
It's quite difficult to find something without nudity and so forth.
Please feel free to add anything...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Thanks for that fascinating view. I always figured, if concepts of heaven aren't egalitarian, hell can't be communist either.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It is both fascinating and horrifying. Even as a fundamentalist christian, I can't say that I particularly like the idea of eternal damnation.

However what is clear is that God is extreme. Extreme good, extreme standard of excellence, extreme judgment and extreme mercy and extreme salvation.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

It seems to have levels of extremity, at least as far as I hear from Christian friends. They are taught that heaven mirrors capitalism. Your status will depend on this life. So mediocre and naughty Christians will clean the toilets and do the dirty work.
Others get special "crowns in heaven" (for good deeds or church donations in this life), and they'll be the elite. Strangely, they don't mind being naughty and just want to get in to heaven, even as an underclass.
So, "as above, so below" - although pastors don't teach on it, but there should be different classes in hell.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AUSceptic

I believe I'd like to hear an explaination please.

God did not create man in his image...to take the Bible literally as you imply...please explain that it says...
"Let US make him in OUR image". Whom was He referring to? Who were the "let US" and who was the "in OUR" as it says in the Bible. Should it not have been "Let ME make him(man) in MY image!"???

Im curious to hear the explainations on this. Remember! We are to take the Bible seriously and literally every word as the literal Word of God. So explain, please.

Ps No offense to anyone meant.

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by AUSceptic

I believe I'd like to hear an explaination please.

God did not create man in his image...to take the Bible literally as you imply...please explain that it says...
"Let US make him in OUR image". Whom was He referring to? Who were the "let US" and who was the "in OUR" as it says in the Bible. Should it not have been "Let ME make him(man) in MY image!"???

Im curious to hear the explainations on this. Remember! We are to take the Bible seriously and literally every word as the literal Word of God. So explain, please.

Ps No offense to anyone meant.

When Jesus said that He was talking to the Father and the Holy Spirit. That is the "US". Now, in regard to making man in "Our" image, you must learn the natures of the trinity. God is one God, yet Gos has 3 persons. Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Father = Soul/Mind
Son = Body/Word
Ghost = Spirit

man has body, soul, and spirit.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

very special.

for starters, all the floors and black and white checkered marble and all the couches are purple velvet. the chairs are red velvet. all the chandeliers are candles, no wiring that far away (not down or lower but very far, dimensionally speaking) and besides, who wants to be on the grid in the afterlife??

everyone has their own room and bathroom with bidet, a shower stall, AND a claw foot bathtub (big enough for two persons to fit in at once).
each room also has a dumb-waiter direct to the kitchen with a connected ordering kiosk with touch screen ordering. the chefs are all from the finest schools and had careers of much deliciousness the last time around. i hear most of them don't plan on returning for another go on the Earthly carousel and so will be there indefinitely. the best part about the food service is that it does taste and have texture but it isn't caloric since your body in "hell" is aetheric and therefore you can't gain weight! no exercise except for fun!

speaking of exercising for pleasure, there is an extensive outdoor paradise, complete with botanic gardens, and aviary, and a hedgerow maze. there is also an herb garden and apothecary for those of us who like to piddle in Mother Nature's medicine cabinet.

for entertainment, there is a dance every 6th night (Saturday) and a picnic/barbecue the following day, out by the river Styx, just a stone's throw away. there is always live music for the dance and you can imagine the illustrious lineup of talent that is available! the dances are emcee'd by the Patron Saint of Rock and Roll, your friend and mine, Frater Perdurabo (the beast 666), who also hosts a poetry slam every 5th night (Friday) that he starts out by reading one of his own delightful compositions. he is more prolific than ever as far as writing poetry, especially since he's no longer bound to be the scribe. He's freer than free!

just like you and me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I did not think Jesus said that in Genesis: "Let US create man.......in OUR image". Jesus said that? Did he repeat that statement during his 33 yrs?
Wasnt that before anyone was created and before Jesus of Nazareth said anything out loud? Perhaps, this is my point.
I am a man of faith...yet still I believe one should study, study and learn and appreciate the intents of ALL religion. Knowledge is a good thing. And to analize the words of man and its intent well....
I still dont think any earthly KING had a right to change the LITERAL WORD OF GOD ...as in King James. What right did he have? And what makes you think it was right to change? He could just throw stuff out he didnt think fit?
Go to the bookstore...ask for a Bible...and the clerk will say..."Which one? What version? And for which religion?" My point precisely.
Knowledge should help one diserne truth. Truth from what God SAID...and those inspired BY...and those who just THINK they know what it all means.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I did not think Jesus said that in Genesis: "Let US create man.......in OUR image". Jesus said that? Did he repeat that statement during his 33 yrs?
Wasnt that before anyone was created and before Jesus of Nazareth said anything out loud? Perhaps, this is my point.
I am a man of faith...yet still I believe one should study, study and learn and appreciate the intents of ALL religion. Knowledge is a good thing. And to analize the words of man and its intent well....
I still dont think any earthly KING had a right to change the LITERAL WORD OF GOD ...as in King James. What right did he have? And what makes you think it was right to change? He could just throw stuff out he didnt think fit?
Go to the bookstore...ask for a Bible...and the clerk will say..."Which one? What version? And for which religion?" My point precisely.
Knowledge should help one diserne truth. Truth from what God SAID...and those inspired BY...and those who just THINK they know what it all means.
if you read the first verse of John and substitute "Jesus" for "Word" you ccan plainly see it was Jesus doing the talking at creation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Remember to state from which Bible you are referring to.

I asked 6 friends to come to dinner and bring theirs. The Hebrew brought the Torah & the Talmud, the Iraqi brought the Koran, the Catholic brought the Bible's Catholic Version, the Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptists all brought the King James version(who told that guy it was ok to rip things out?)...and 2 unexpected arrivals both brought a Concordia.

Oh. The Christians brought all 66 books, and one brought the Ethiopian version with all 81 books, and the Hebrew Bible came with its 39 books.
Imagine one's confusion?

Can anyone tell me which religion and which of their different beliefs of the same thing I should adhere to? I'd like to start going back to church.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Remember to state from which Bible you are referring to.

I asked 6 friends to come to dinner and bring theirs. The Hebrew brought the Torah & the Talmud, the Iraqi brought the Koran, the Catholic brought the Bible's Catholic Version, the Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptists all brought the King James version(who told that guy it was ok to rip things out?)...and 2 unexpected arrivals both brought a Concordia.

Oh. The Christians brought all 66 books, and one brought the Ethiopian version with all 81 books, and the Hebrew Bible came with its 39 books.
Imagine one's confusion?

Can anyone tell me which religion and which of their different beliefs of the same thing I should adhere to? I'd like to start going back to church.
INFO TO NOTE

When you've finished reading this page we can continue the discussion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

And, your point is? Can you please make a valid one?

Respectfully, I've had religions perturbed at me because I believe in the Trinity, the American Flag and as a Medical Professional, blood tranfusions to save lives. Many of you disagree with the various faiths, and their individual Doctrines. I however agree with everyones right to believe what they will.

We are not supposed to judge, nor place our beliefs on those of others that may be in contradiction to ours. I believe that strong communication with others of faiths unlike our own, give us confirmation and knowledge to strengthen our own. I have found that it does.

What surprises me is the amount of fanatical Christians and others declaring that their way is the only way and the "Bible" speaks the one and only truth...yet their Christian and Hebrew views vary differently from each other over what is supposed to be the exact same text, which in each book, is not.

Again...go to a book store and ask for the one and only HOLY BOOK the literal WORD OF GOD..... The clerk will look at you ask "Which one?"
My point.

Across from my house is a Freewill Baptist thats down the road from the New Hope Baptist..which is 2 blocks from the Gilead Baptist. Wouldnt you think they could all get together over the same belief system?

When the Dali Lama was asked recently about faith he responded with (paraphrasing here) a 'don't follow ME!" Go home and back to your own faiths and be the best you can be there! For them! They all need faithful followers.

So after many years of hippies burning incense and chanting...there apparently ARE many paths to righteousness. Im still learning. And hope to keep learning tolerence for a very long time. Love is the answer...faith the Key.........

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join