It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic Query to Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

This post reminded me of Aldous Huxley's quote "Maybe this world is another planet's hell."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Hi halfoldman/

You ask a good question...this answer I will give you, is not of my own opinion!
Who is God?
"For our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29) who "dwells in unapproachable light." (I Timothy 6:16)
For those who love God and who love all creation in Him,
the "consuming fire" of God will be radiant bliss and unspeakable delight. For those who do not love God,
and who do not love at all,
this same consuming fire" will be the cause of their "weeping" and their "gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:21
It will be our 'own' personal wants that will put us in hell...
this is not an easy answer to explain in just a few words...especially if the idea of hell is so modernized by various faith groups.

A man has both body and soul.
When the body dies, it requires no food or wealth or needs,it has no desire for any materialistic things, as it in no state to do so.
Whilst on the other hand,when the body and soul is alive it has needs, and some of those needs are not nessasarily beneficial for both body and soul.
eg/a body needs food to stay alive...as long as it does not over consume it's needs.
the soul also needs spiritual food to stay alive as the soul was given by God, and it needs 'spiritual food' to stay alive.
If one does not feed the body, it dies.
If one does not feed the soul 'spiritual food', it also dies...well it falls in a deep sleep,so to speak,but this does not mean it cannot ever awaken!
I hope Im making sense....

The soul AFTER DEATH however, shall live on and only look toward whoever created it...
iF when it was attached to the body and it had no 'spiritual food',then it will seek to find that food, and it wont rest till it does...and because it had none,whilst it was with the body, it will be lost as to where to look.
Both Body and Soul are connected to one another.
(Im here confusing myself)try the link below....
why we need hell
"the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Mat. 26,41).

the Apostle Paul says that ‘the wages of sin is death’ (Romans 6, 23). Death came into the world through sin.
It was through sin that Adam and Eve became mortal,
losing their immortality...As a result of their sin,they died

Remember,God did not create Hell for humans, but the devil and his demons..
"the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt 25:41; Rev 20).
It is our choices that put us in the position we are at..

Fire consumes all that is in it's way.
If rubish is consumed by fire, then it will burn black smoke.
If Gold is consumed by Fire, it burns brightly like the Sun.
It is in similar way that our souls will also be consumed in the Fire.
If we lived according to Gods word, then also our souls will be purified that way...if on the other hand our souls had no goodness in it, it will be consumed by the same Fire, but with the result being as it lived it's life on earth!
Hope that makes sense...maybe read a few of the articles of the Early Christian fathers....they have not changed and are there for all to read.

God takes no "pleasure in the death of the wicked" (Ez 18:22). He "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the Truth" (1 Tim 2:4).
LINK

Another great link on the spiritual needs of the SOUL
~ ~ ~
The Byzantine -Ascetic and Spiritual Fathers
Fr. Georges Florovsky
Emeritus Professor of Eastern Church History Harvard University
LINK

"Love not the World, neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him... They are of the world,
therefore speak they of the world,
and the world heareth them."
1 John 2:15 and 4:5.

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you... If ye were of the world,
the world would love his own,
but because ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you.
Remember the word that I said unto you,
the Servant is not greater than the Lord: if they have persecuted me,
they will also persecute you.
If they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also."
John 18:15, 19, and 20.
And yet another link

Hope all the above has not been so confusing...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Fair enough - that is one concept of hell.
It's not quite the same as eternal damnation in a lake of fire, gnashing your teeth and being eaten by worms for all eternity.
The church banned that belief in reincarnation because it undermined their power - only they offered total hell or heaven.
In that view salvation (God forbid) is up to your own behaviour (and there's no reason to support a fake "priesthood" or lustful "pastors"), and while we ultimately always suffer here, we can also create karma to enjoy.
We'll suffer and die - so let's enjoy!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You know what I always half way wondered. If it is possible that Jesus was the son of god then maybe animals worshipped him too. Maybe there are animals like cats and dogs with different religious beliefs. Oh wait, no thats just man. Most animals go off of instinct, only man is stupid enough to not trust instinct.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Hi Mysterioustranger/

You are not too far from the truth!
To experience a bitter,miserable,torturous life again, and again for eternity would indeed be living in hell!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AUSceptic

Jesus did fight back his sexual urges. He was human while on earth and had the same urges and temptations as everyone else, yet he never acted on them.

Seeing that this borders on blasphemy for many believers, what do you base this on? Or is it an assumption about men between the ages of 13-33.
Where in the Bible does He fight any sexual urges?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I have heard it said as well...that there is no Hell below nor Heaven above.
To live eternally is what one should seek by walking in the light of your own faith.
And if you were a Satanist? Walking that line would keep you in the dark.
One cannot find one's way in the dark...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
You know what I always half way wondered. If it is possible that Jesus was the son of god then maybe animals worshipped him too. Maybe there are animals like cats and dogs with different religious beliefs. Oh wait, no thats just man. Most animals go off of instinct, only man is stupid enough to not trust instinct.

God set us apart from animals, he created us in his image. It is sad that you want to compare yourself to an animal, although truth be told, so many act like it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What I really want to know is where are all these satanic people at. If satanism was a real religion or real movement, satanists would be all over ATS. Where are they at?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Jesus did fight back his sexual urges. He was human while on earth and had the same urges and temptations as everyone else, yet he never acted on them.

Seeing that this borders on blasphemy for many believers, what do you base this on? Or is it an assumption about men between the ages of 13-33.
Where in the Bible does He fight any sexual urges?

How is it blasphemous? Jesus came to earth as a man and had all of the temptations that came with it. I don't think it says anywhere in The Bible that he went to the toilet, but that is part of being a man so we can safely assume that it was also the case.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
To the OP

I suppose the easiest thing to do is kill yourself and find out.
Yes I know, a harsh stupid answer for a harsh stupid question.

You weren't really going to believe the Christians anyway were you ?
(just trolling)

Satan is waiting

[edit on 10-6-2010 by NaturaltoBelieve]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What I really want to know is where are all these satanic people at. If satanism was a real religion or real movement, satanists would be all over ATS. Where are they at?

It really depends on what you mean by satanist. There are many different forms of satanism.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

What is with you people?

Why arent we allowed to make serious inquiries about things that don't make logical sense to us as a faith, or is faith all there is? Why cant we examine your faith without being subjected to eternal damnation in hell?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Oh there are many, many more. It appears they're asleep or working, or whatever right now.
There is a satanic brother on my public profile.
We are both vegetarians, and far from the stereotype of animal-sacrifing Satanists, we respect animals.
The Satanic Bible infers that they have a more vital, honest energy than modern man, and we have become the most vicious animal of all.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

G'day haloldman...
uhmmm... dont worry cause you wont feel a thing after death.. the bible is pretty clear on how concious one will be after death and its not concious at all... one wont be able to feel neither joy nor sorrow... Hell is an invention of the churches intended to keep followers in line... the word doesn't even exist in the bible... only in the translations used by those evil churches...

The actual price one pays for not following god in the true sence, is death. Eternal death at that.. the words translated into todays HELL actually talk about 2 different kinds of death's. the death wich leads to sjeool or a temporary death from wich ressurection is quite possible and the death leading to gehenna, the eternal death from wich one cannot receive ressurection. Still doesn't mean you'll feel anything of the experience... simply means you'll stay dead.

A good example for one who wont receive ressurection is Judas Iskariot... the dude who betrayed Jesus... he is in the place called gehenna... but he hasn't been burning for the last 2000 years... he's just pretty darn dead

[edit on 10-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok, I did some research:

en.wikipedia.org...

First, I know you live in SA. This sounds racist..........but are you black are white? The reason I ask this is the black Africans are steeped in superstition.

Secondly, it just simply does not fit your personality. Those beliefs were born in 1966. Not been around that long. Your a good guy, I know this.

Quote:

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice."

So really, you believe in hedonism? Living for the now without any repercussions of the life you live? It sounds almost sociopathic. As if your letting yourself off the hook for your carnal desires. Definitely anti-spiritual.

Sorry, but you are responsible for your actions. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Death is not the end.

Just trying to understand is all. No offense to you at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to post by State of Mind

Actually I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, which is naturalistic/atheistic.
We don't believe in a literal Devil.
Ultimately it is worship of the self (like everything really - perhaps just like believers have a "personal Jesus").

People think I was making fun (I can see why, re-reading my sincere post).
But I was not.
I was raised Christian and that fear of hell is still nagging me.
I still don't have an answer.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by halfoldman]

no true Laveyan Satanist would even think there is a 1.00009% chance of a heaven. you are a disgrace to the rest of us. No use in wasting even the time it took to make this thread worrying about a literal hell. you could have been doing something you really wanted to all this time.

I suggest you go and indulge in whatever vices you might have and you'll forget all about this mythical hell/heaven BS.

edit to add that I dont mean to be a jerk by saying you're a disgrace, just that you shouldnt have any doubts, if you do better to be a Xtian just in case

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Or maybe Satan is just a wa for justifying things that would not likely be justified.

Like say, catholic priests raping little boys.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

What is with you people?

Why arent we allowed to make serious inquiries about things that don't make logical sense to us as a faith, or is faith all there is? Why cant we examine your faith without being subjected to eternal damnation in hell?

My tongue was in my cheek. Ease up!.

Who are "you" people ?!! ( I though we are ALL people )

People bait......then people bait back.
It's your game and you don't like playing?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by 12.21.12

Oh there are many, many more. It appears they're asleep or working, or whatever right now.....

Many more of who ?!!

See it's all about baiting.

There is nothing worth debating here.

Atheists are so bored with their meaningless lives that they have to attack others for their giggles.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by NaturaltoBelieve]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join