It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic Query to Christians.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm just wondering, before I revel more in the dark side, is there a special hell for Satanists?
I mean is it hotter than the hell made for other religions and philosophies, like Hinduism, Buddhism, New Agers or even Catholics, Mormons and Unitarians?
All those things are more acceptable socially than the high drama of Satanism, but also the same boring pie-in-the-sky stuff. I am a bit worried that there is a 1.0009% chance that some Christian sect may be right, and therefore I'm still haunted about burning in hell for my afterlife.
Will Satanists burn worse than other Christian sects or Eastern religions?
If the punishment is the same for Satanists and unbelievers I'm willing to take the chance.
Is the Christian Hell like Dante inferred - different strokes for different folks? One level for Muslims, and another for Hare Krishnas?
I understand that if everybody is "saved", then none are "saved", and it defeats the purpose of a having a religious sect (or at least "salvation" loses its meaning).
In any case, I'll never be a good Christian, but before I sell my soul in some metaphorical way, I really want to know - will I burn like a regular Hindu, Jew or Muslim, or will I burn more painfully as a Satanist.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh No'es!
Another We Against them thread.

Nothing her folks.
Move along.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hell really isn't an actual place of Fire and Brimstone, that's just a Medievil Fantasy used to scare the uneducated masses.

Hell is actually a seperation from God. In the afterlife you will come to a full realisation of what it actually means to be in Heaven, not the symbolic stuff we're told in the Bible etc, but actually see and know what it is. However because of our own actions we will remove oursevles from that place, simply because we know ourselves to be unworthy of it.

Imagine, for enternity knowing you could have had everything you wanted, the stuff that really matters, but because you chose not to follow some simple rules you chose not to enjoy it.

That my friend is Hell.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think that people like you, who ask questions, that are non specific, burn in ATS, hell..................

Anything else, to defend yourself, before the rest of the hounds of ATS hell have at ya?

What's your conspiracy, exactly? Before this gets moved to BTS?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's kinda clever,

but really you're taking a shot at all the Christian folk with this one. I dont' really approve of senseless nit picking of somebody else's beliefs.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you really thought being a Satanist could warrant the middle-age type of hell beyond death, even if it was a 1% chance, I'm sure you would stop being a Satanist real fast. You obviously don't believe in it so don't worry.

But, being a Satanist, you would probably be right at home there anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hey Halfoldman,

I'm not a theist, but if you are a Christian and believe in it's authenticity, take comfort.

Jesus explicity said that he came back to save ALL mankind. Not just the Christians, but every man, women and child. Take it as literal. Jesus will save every single soul according to the bible.

Hell is something the church created to generate more profits. I think the notion is silly.

Gaheena is a term for the lake of fire and has nothing to do with hell. But, unfortunatly the term was misconstrued for devious purposes. Hence the creation of hell was invented. The lake of fire is a metaphor for cleansing the soul before entry into heaven. Its a purity ritual only.

Get rid of the notions of hell. You are and always will be forever. If you believe in love, that is all you need. See ya in the next life buddy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't understand "Satanists". They worship Satan, correct? Which means that if they believe in Satan, as in the Christian Satan, then they believe he is one day going to battle God and so on and so forth. Then that means that you believe in God. But why would you purposefully worship the opposite of all that is good and light and blah blah blah (God), unless you were just trying to be like a rebellious little brat striking out at a parent.

Personally, I think anyone who worships the Christian version of Satan is an idiot, who probably is waaay to into black sabbath and feels cool calling themselves a Satanist.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Hi,
I'm just wondering, before I revel more in the dark side, is there a special hell for Satanists?

I'll never be a good Christian, but before I sell my soul in some metaphorical way, I really want to know - will I burn like a regular Hindu, Jew or Muslim, or will I burn more painfully as a Satanist.

Sigh. Read any? There ain't no Hell, research this out for yourself. Satan is a made up word from another language that the Church hated. Look this up too. The internet has all of the info anyone needs, just use your fingers. I will not do the research for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

My point is: if "satanic" is the worst adjective to mean "evil" or "ungodly" then I want some proof that it deserves a special hell in cosmology, or that it is no better or worse then claiming to be any non-Chritian religion.

I'd like real Christians to perhaps admit that they privately make no difference between other faiths and Satanists - and that "religious tolerance" is a liberal lie. Ultimately, I'd like all religion to see that it is stuck in the Bronze Age.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Do you really want an answer or are you just poking fun? If you are seeking a real answer than seek no more! I know the truth, of course that would be a lie. No one knows what happens when you die. I could tell you what you already know, nothing.

If you are scared than do some real 'soul' searching.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How does a non physical body burn ?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You'll just be reborn like all of us into a new life with your next lot of tests.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

Actually I'm a LaVeyan Satanist, which is naturalistic/atheistic.
We don't believe in a literal Devil.
Ultimately it is worship of the self (like everything really - perhaps just like believers have a "personal Jesus").

People think I was making fun (I can see why, re-reading my sincere post).
But I was not.
I was raised Christian and that fear of hell is still nagging me.
I still don't have an answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The reference to Hell and burning is more akin to a metaphor. In Jesus' day, they burned trash in a small valley or ravine outside of Jerusalem... the name of which escapes me at 11:15pm, anyway, ... the point was this...

Like the trash that gets burned and carelessly tossed aside, so does the souls of those that refused to worship God, and follow his word get tossed aside and will never be in the presence of the Lord... nor anyone else. Heavy darkness and isolation forever.

Of course, if you take it literal, and I do...there is a Hell with fire where you will burn forever. Again, Jesus' parables clearly indicate that the friutful trees are harvested, the fruitless trees are pruned and burned, the wheat is harvested..the tares(weeds) are gathered and burned.

As for Hell being worse for satanists...nope, all sinners not saved will suffer equally.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Comon?

Fruit, wheat, hell, satanists...

Who gives a #. You guys can do better.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

As for Hell being worse for satanists...nope, all sinners not saved will suffer equally.

Thank you for that clear answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thank you for that clear answer.

Your thanking the guy who just told you you were going to hell?

Surely you jest?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

No, he told me his truth according to his paradigm, which I personally wanted discussed with my OP.
I think some of the people here jest, or they have no understanding of evangelical Christianity.

My solution is not to disrespect individual Christian people or any faith.
I can live my disapproval and alternatives through my Satanic faith.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by AProphet1233

No, he told me the his truth according to his paradigm, which I personally wanted with my OP.

I think some of the people here jest, or they have no understanding of evangelical Christianity.

So, let me see if I got this.

You created a thread saying you're a Satanist with the intention of having evangelical Christians expound their dogmas about you, to which you thank them?

You are a martyr of the highest sort my friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join