It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilw85
See, this is what the army does. Pumps your head to make you think youre something special or more enlightened. Next thing you know you are a genius. If I were you OP I would keep military experience to yourself on this matter. It has no bearing on your knowledge and trying to use it as credentials is lame. I'm glad you have found a way to make new invisible friends, but All demons are evil. Why do you suggest a priest? why reading scripture to them? on one hand you deny Christ, then you cite scripture as a way to deal with them. How did Jesus defeat satan? ...He quoted scripture 3 times..."It is Written..."

If they are so misunderstood and great, I would like to hear something good they have EVER done for a human. They are always associated with fear and fear and confusion does not come from God.

A Christian stance on demons should be focused on defeating demons, but rejoicing that we have eternal life.

Well I'm glad to see that your literary comprehension skills are on par with mine.
I provided the military experience to show that I don't deal with immature people who troll/flame at all. I don't have the time for it nor care to.

As far as my personal intelligence goes. I have been administered 3 full IQ tests and scored 144 on each of them. The Army is a job. Not my life. But please, continue with the sad attempts at insulting the US Military - I think there's other threads for it. That's not what this one is about. MMkay? Great.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by DrJay1975

Originally posted by lucyfr
reply to post by LordBucket

To further refine my statement for felines trying to drag down the eagle....

[edit on 10-6-2010 by lucyfr]

yes they can. I've witnessed a physical summoning outside of an excorcism. And I watched in horror what this creature did to the summoner. The comment I recieved was "He didn't pay his debts".

Just because you haven't encountered a demon capable or willing to harm someone who doesn't live in fear of himself doesn't mean they don't exist.

Well even Paul prayed that a messenger of satan be sent to buffet someone. What was he doing engaging in witch craft? I think real christanity is way over the head of the average "practitioner". The prophet called up a bear to eat them.

By the way its not a cat trying to drag down the eagle....its about the eagle getting ready to eat a cat. lol All in the persepective friend.

Please provide the source for you statement that the Apostle Paul prayed for a messenger of satan to buffet someone.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
Thank you for responding.

I suppose my question is, to go about stopping this, does she battle the demon that has been summoned on her, or, does she do spiritual battle with the ex, since he's behind this.

I am not the expert here, by any means, but I think with this psychic attack she is under, she needs to gather all her inner strength, and send this negative energy back to her ex with all the severity she can muster up. Not by summoning or anything, too dangerous, just force it back onto him. Pure concentration and intent. She will understand what I mean. Strength of intent is everything. She should do no harm, just blast back his harm. That way she stays OK, wiccan principles state that when one does harm it may come back to them 3fold, or 7fold. Karmicly that makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie0
reply to post by mf_luder

mf
You said a few key words in your thread that makes me believe you are indeed very knowledgeable and have experience. I never studied this and don't even have the basic knowledge to communicate with you on the subject. However things happened in my life that are in line with your thoughts. I am sure you must have relationship with one of these demons. For my curiosity, can you please ask him, who am I, where did I started, what is the goal of my life and why I am here as I am confused as hell not knowing what my goal is but I do feel my whole life was chartered and every step I take seems to be controlled. I worked hard and yet there is nothing out there to call it my accomplishment.

I'm glad that you found our ideas are similar. However, I am not in contact with or accompanied by a male entity at all. I cannot provide the answers to your questions as I am not a seer. Sorry dude.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

In this particular thread, I speak of the entities known as demons - not daemons, they are two different things.

And I'm sorry. I didn't realize Daemon was different from Demon. I thought it was the old spelling of the same word, which I prefer. On that note, what is the actual difference between a Daemon and a Demon?

Now to address your responses.

I don't know the exact mechanics of how summonings push a call over to the other side and pull them through. What I can best approximate it to is the intense focusing of will and the effects it has in regards to the demon, wherever it may be. May act as an attractor.

So you're saying that human willpower is enough to summon a demon from their own dimension, but not enough to maintain control afterwards? Interesting.

By using their particular faith's methods. Remember a lot of magick users and law of attraction fiends will tell you that it's all on your will and the focusing of it.

Once again, willpower seems to be the main factor here. So in other words, the actual ritual is meaningless. It's the way you use your brain and your concentration, and also your actual belief in the entire process.

It's not. You could use any spoken language - it's the words and the focusing of intent. I prefer latin, I know others who use Spanish - English - Korean. It just depends.

Sorry, I thought you inclined that one must use Latin. So once again, we are left with the willpower/faith factors here.

there really is no way of knowing short of finding a way to jump over to wherever it is they are and that sounds impossible.

If they can come here, and go back, in an ethereal form, then that tells me that we should be able to go there, and come back, in ethereal form. Astral projection? Dreams? Hallucinogenics?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Please provide the source for you statement that the
Apostle Paul prayed for a messenger of satan to buffet someone.

I assume he is referring to second Corinthians 12:7:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure."

I don't interpret the text as Paul praying for it to happen to someone else, but rather, stating that it happened to himself and implying that it was for good cause.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have a question as I'm reading your post you seem knowledgeable in this field of thought.

Without reading i know these exist. What i was wondering is if we have demons we would then have to have the opposite right? opposite in my eye's would be an Angel

so within your research is it possible to summon Angels?

I am asking because maybe just maybe that's why negative demons have over powered the positive angels.

I feel this because:
If people's thoughts are always directed towards the negative (demons) then the positives (angels) can not be summoned for the negative aspect is in my eye's over powering

now my question is:
is it possible to go the opposite way and summon angels? because if you can summon a demon their should be a way to then summon an angel right?

so what i'm getting at is maybe that's why demons have become a popular interest, because they are a negative form and most people for some odd reason are drawn towards negativity. especially when looking for help. for they are in a negative environment if seeking help even though asking for help. You are not trying to help yourself physically and because we have this physical form if no action is taken then that is trying to accomplish something threw a negative and will bring upon a negative result

I have no idea if my thought is correct or not it's just how i feel

So wouldn't that be how the "devil's" powers would increase by having a stronger negative force that would over power the positive force.

so now with everyone focusing upon demons would that not be helping the "devil" for we have forgotten about the positive side "god" and god gave us this body to live and be free, but if you can not help yourself, you clearly do not feel free and go against why "god" gave us a body hence why it is easy for the devil/demons to posses you.

so if we were to focus on Angels and focus on the positive could that not influence a shift within reality towards a greater good for people would forget evil (the negative) and focus on good ( the positive)

I just threw this together so it may be a little all over the place but i wanted to explain my thoughts and see if i could have someone answer me feelings to the best of their knowledge.

Thank You

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Blue, I actually have a theory on how this is potentially possible, and your difficulty in seeing it is a common theme.

We perceive our consciousness through our physical form, right? However, we have experiences as humans that transcend our physical form. This leads to the question, "what is our consciousness?".

I believe the answer to this is that when we think, we we think of what we are, our consciousness, we are actually referring to a specific band of energy. This frequency of energy is partially trapped in these corporeal bodies. I say partially, because our true consciousness exists wherever this frequency of energy exists in the universe. We sometimes have bleed over from the part of our consciuosness that exists outside of our bodies and even outside of spacetime.

This is why we experience deja vu, past life regressions, etc...

Now bearing that in mind, demons are a different frequency of energy, most often relegated to a different plane of existence. There are many different types of these types of entities. These entities are referred to as different things from different perspectives and there are a range of them from our perspectives, demons, angels, sprites, fairies, leprechauns, these are all human interpretations of these entities.

Some of these entities can bleed over and manipulate our bodies. Sometimes brain trauma or temporary death can alter the frequency of energy that our bodies produce and then we are no longer the same person. Some memories are still there due to imprinting on the cerebral cortex, but some new memories and definitely a new consciousness comes in. This is sometimes human, and sometimes alternate forms of entity, depending on the level of change in frequency.

Sometimes, these entities can overlay their energy on top of ours and exert limited control, ans sometimes that can take total control while our consciousnesses are partially trapped in our bodies. The more we invite them in, the more control they can have.

That's all I'll say for now, but if anyone has questions or something additional to add, feel free.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Demons are by nature evil. But demons are evil. If you disagree with that statement then I disagree with your definition of the word DEMON.

star for invoking me to think, i think, ... but isn't thinking demonic???

I Disagree with that statement and if you think you are correct, please review the definition of "Demon"

Main Entry: de•mon
Variant(s): or dae•mon \ˈdē-mən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English demon, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin daemon evil spirit, from Latin, divinity, spirit, from Greek daimōn, probably from daiesthai to distribute — more at tide
Date: 13th century
1 a : an evil spirit b : a source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ruin
2 usually daemon : an attendant power or spirit : genius
3 usually daemon : a supernatural being of Greek mythology intermediate between gods and men
4 : one that has exceptional enthusiasm, drive, or effectiveness
— de•mo•ni•an \di-ˈmō-nē-ən\ adjective
— de•mon•i•za•tion \ˌdē-mə-nə-ˈzā-shən\ noun
— de•mon•ize \ˈdē-mə-ˌnīz\ transitive verb

Qualities and Defining Aspects of “Demon”. If you subscribe to the belief “Demons” are only “Evil”, then here are some of the defining aspects of “Demon” which you are against:

1: An attendant of power/authority suggestion: (please refrain from voting)
2: Genius suggestion: (please be an example of: anti-consciousness / anti-thinking)
3: Intermediate between gods and men suggestion: (please do not support any institution that serves as an intermediate between god and you)
4: Exceptional Enthusiasm suggestion: (please don’t be enthusiastic, or motivated)
5: Effectiveness suggestion: (please don’t be effective)

So, aside from the “evil” definition, if you want to prove you are really anti-demonic, then the requirements and expectations to be anti-demonic are:
Be one who does not participate with authority or power
Be one who is not smart
do not participate in any institution that serves as a intermediate or mediator between men and gods (organized religions/governments)
do not be enthusiastic
do not be motivated
and lastly, do not be effective in anything you do.

Anti-demonic? Live up to the above standards and provide us with a reliable working model. Then we can follow you!! and you can lead us!!

Please be an example of the change you want to see in the world, anti-demons.

Am I being defensive? Nope, just adhering to the definitions’ meaning.

However, .. then again ... after battling demons and participating in an exorcism, perhaps scars remain that have an affect/effects on one's thought processes? I'm sure it must be an experience that is unique by natural and supernatural standards.

Somethings are not to be understood by those who see things as only black or white, looking only for worst case scenarios and best case scenarios.

They go their whole life never considering that maybe, just maybe…. There is no worst case scenario, and there is no best case scenario until we know what the best worst case scenario is, and the worst best case scenario is.

Just some thoughts i thought i would share.

DrJay1975,
i do have one inquiry for you:

why aren't those who destroy others and/or banish others considered demonic?

we come in peace, or we come in pieces, but we come,
E.T.

In 26 years I have yet to encounter a demon or demonic force that I believed to be anything other than evil in nature.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
thank you for all this info at once,especialy for the chant,its really great when someone can just post that for the people to know

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I found lots of useful info in this thread. (I must admit that I have skimmed through any posts which mention religion)
I am aware that numerous forms of 4th dimension/invisible entities exist and that 'demon' describes some of them.
As human conciousness expands in response to solar system changes*, more of us are likely to experience their prescence.
*www.tmgnow.com...

I am particularly pleased that their intrusion into our 3rd density can be controlled by the use of natural salt.
I recently bought a Himalayan salt lamp and it is lit 24/7 at my bedside (to assist my breathing problems).
It is purported to release salt particles into the air, release negative ions to improve air quality, and combat electromagnetic pollution.

I ask - will this lamp have the same effect as the sprinkling of salt at doors and windows?

PS - I wear a tourmaline pendant on a silver chain which is also recommended as 'protective' - have you any info on that?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by margaretr]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I could be completely wrong here, but my take on the OP and his military experience is that most people in the military have gone through stuff that others can only imagine. Like seeing more death, and the horrors of war.
This might bring a unique type of insight. Many people have had some strange awakenings, mine probably isn't even unique, but it sure made me go hmmmm? Once you have seen something, you can't unsee it. It compels you to research to figure it out.
I for one am learning here that others have had some of my experiences, and that helps. I also know we have to be strong these days, cause something is happening. They talk about the "veil" thinning, I am wondering more if it isn't just thinning, but another side is meshing and interfering with our side a little more these days. The events coming out in the news are getting crazier and crazier. People seem to be having pychotic breaks more often.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Please provide the source for you statement that the
Apostle Paul prayed for a messenger of satan to buffet someone.

I assume he is referring to second Corinthians 12:7:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure."

I don't interpret the text as Paul praying for it to happen to someone else, but rather, stating that it happened to himself and implying that it was for good cause.

Agreed.

I guess we can even say it is "good" for satan worshipers to burn in hell for eternity.

Peace out

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish86

I have actually come across some information in a few of my books that speak of Enochian magick and the various seals/sigils used to communicate with angels. I have not used any of them but I have to agree with you - we can summon demons, why not angels? I don't know anyone that's actually done it as of yet, but I will keep my eyes open.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Wolftotem - So far, I really haven't run across too many people that recall a sulfur smell in the area, but there have been instances where there was an odor and people did smell it in the past. So - I don't know how often it occurs, at least to the point to where I can say yes - 100% of demons will arrive with a smell of sulfur.

S&F from me! Amazingly interesting thread!

I've also done much research on demons and have heard about the sulfur smell being attributed to demons and such. However with my experience in the phenomena field of demons and what I might consider demons, due to the violent or creepy nature, I would speculate the possibility of the sulfur smell being demon specific or being related to a specific type of being perhaps, which would help explain why it is not always present. Maybe, maybe not.

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by IandEye
wow- that is a very cool assessment.
are demons ghosts?

Demons were not necessarily ever "living" beings, but somehow managed to cobble together a personality (entity) that can relate to and understand what it means to have a body, but have never had one themselves.

I could be wrong.

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Have you ever played with on of those kids finger things that is easy for your finger to enter but near impossible to pull it out.

Demons seem benign entities while you are going their way...
...but try resisting them and extracting yourself from their influence...
...it's nigh impossible to extract yourself.

Try resisting and start extracting yourself from their ever tightening grip...
...and you will see how friendly they really are.

From the above two comments I find myself speculating that perhaps the reason demons don't particularly like to retract from influence or partial ownership of a physical body is because of the lack of physical body of their own. Maybe as mentioned, due to the fact that they don't have physical bodies, they are therefore more likely to be as the chinese finger cuffs. Just speculation. It makes sense to me that if they never had a body that they would enjoy influencing one or completely controlling it, depending on the demon that is.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by margaretr
I found lots of useful info in this thread. (I must admit that I have skimmed through any posts which mention religion)
I am aware that numerous forms of 4th dimension/invisible entities exist and that 'demon' describes some of them.
As human conciousness expands in response to solar system changes*, more of us are likely to experience their prescence.
*www.tmgnow.com...

I am particularly pleased that their intrusion into our 3rd density can be controlled by the use of natural salt.
I recently bought a Himalayan salt lamp and it is lit 24/7 at my bedside (to assist my breathing problems).
It is purported to release salt particles into the air, release negative ions to improve air quality, and combat electromagnetic pollution.

I ask - will this lamp have the same effect as the sprinkling of salt at doors and windows?

I don't honestly think so - it will keep them away from that table.

Someone earlier mentioned that the idea that demons can't move through walls was preposterous. Okay - so why haven't they done so yet?

The only surefire method I know of to use in a pinch is actual non-iodized rock salt in the form of unbroken lines.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by Logarock

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by lucyfr

To further refine my statement for felines trying to drag down the eagle....

[edit on 10-6-2010 by lucyfr]

yes they can. I've witnessed a physical summoning outside of an excorcism. And I watched in horror what this creature did to the summoner. The comment I recieved was "He didn't pay his debts".

Just because you haven't encountered a demon capable or willing to harm someone who doesn't live in fear of himself doesn't mean they don't exist.

Well even Paul prayed that a messenger of satan be sent to buffet someone. What was he doing engaging in witch craft? I think real christanity is way over the head of the average "practitioner". The prophet called up a bear to eat them.

Please provide the source for you statement that the Apostle Paul prayed for a messenger of satan to buffet someone.

2You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst....
5 have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

You can read the whole at 1 Corinthians 5

1 Timothy 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

You can read the whole at 1st Timothy 1

He uses the word messenger of satan to refer to his own buffeting but it is certain that the same was the case for the others. The word prayer I should have said lament in the first case above. It is fairly certain that he prayed in these cases but if he didnt the reverse brings up other issues....like he just comanded that these be turned over to satan for discipline or judgment. In these above cases authority was granted him or the request was granted.... but in his own case it was not.... suggesting a higher governing power here that had to be consulted in all cases....certainly in prayer. What else is important is that we see the use of Satan here to administer sentence.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New International Version)

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish86

What you say makes a lot of sense. It is like people are selling out to the negativity. There sure is a lot of it. Maybe they don't even realize they are concentrating on negativity when they ask for help, and then it comes from the wrong side and concentrates even more negativity in the world.
Have you noticed when you are stressed or in a bad mood, nothing works right, and you drop things, and just gets worse and worse until you take a break. Bad thoughts bring bad stuff. When you choose to not let things stress you out, choose to relax and step back, things get better.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Another Disclaimer

My experiences with the paranormal and the information I have provided in this thread are in no way related to nor endorsed by the US Military or the Government. They are all purely personal experience some of which predates my military service. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

we can summon demons, why not angels?

I would infer that with your "summoning" ritual it is your intent to compell a demon to appear, yes?

If so...then why would you wish to intend the compulsion of an angel? Would it not be more appropriate to simply ask?

There may be some symantic breakdown here, because my internal concept of non-physical entities doesn't neatly divide into the same categories as yours appear to. However, generally speaking...I'd suggest that "demons" are of a nature that compulsion is compatible with their nature. Angels are not.

Or to put it another way, "demons" may be "susceptible" to compulsion because it is their nature to compell, just like an antenna may receive electromagnetic waves of length that resonate with it.

Angels might not resonate with compulsion.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join