Demons 101

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+52 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Let me begin with the following disclaimer:

The information contained within this thread is compiled from 10 years of research and experience. It has only happened to me or people I've dealt with in person at their request. If any names are included, they have been changed to protect identities. I can provide no further proof than my own account of what has happened. If you are here to flame the thread, save your finger energy and don't waste your time because I won't entertain insults or baseless arguments. Don't try to derail my thread or ridicule me because you will only make yourself look stupid. I will completely and utterly ignore your posts. I am however open to healthy debat on the subject as I always wish to learn more on the subject.

Alright. A bit about myself for the reader's knowledge.

I am 26 years old and currently in the US Military. I am working on a BS in CJ w/ a concentration in Forensics and have been in the Intelligence field for a while. I am not some random chair jockey that picks his nose and believes in fairytales because my own life sucks.

In 2000, something happened which caused an 'awakening' in myself and several of my closest friends. Since that time, I have literally pored over hundreds of books ranging from a few hundred years to a few days old in search of answers. I've been around the world to about 5 different countries and read stuff there and experienced stuff there. I seem to be riding some type of 'current' through life to where as I go around the world in conjunction with my job, I meet people who are dealing with issues they need help with of the paranormal type. At the point I am approached and until the end state I do as much research as humanly possible to figure out what's going on. Therefore, I've accrued a LOT of information that I have stored in my brain with nowhere really to dump it all.

So, due to a current issue I'm helping someone with I've started my research cycle again and I've run across a LOT of threads on this site where people have questions about demons and things of that nature. Amusingly enough, one of the most disturbing threads I saw was a guy who wanted to actually become possessed by a demon. Bad news.

So, I'm going to provide you - the reader with what (I BELIEVE) to be the best, most up to date information concerning demons and the various areas concerning them that I've personally witnessed/experienced/done research into/gotten personal accounts about.

Keep an open mind while reading and if you have something to add, do so in a logical, professional manner. Having been in the Army for 8 years, I don't take kindly to garbage from random people and as I stated in the disclaimer, I will not be baited by flames.

Demons 101

What is a Demon?

*Note the word demon is only used because it is the Christian tag given to entities the early church did not understand and feared.

Alright, the current judeao-christian belief is that a demon (also known as a devil) is a spawn or henchman of satan and that all demons are from the christian 'hell.' According to them, they are all evil and work to destroy mankind.

A demon is actually a sentient, intelligent entity from another plane/realm/existence/universe....etc. who sometimes crosses into our reality or is pulled here by humans (more on that later.) Being so, demons are as varied in their beliefs, morals, ideals and moods as are humans. So believe it or not - there are actually "good" demons out there. As far as current knowledge goes and from the network of other 'hunters' I am in contact with, demons have not appeared on their own in physical form on our planet. The majority of demons on Earth come through in a noncorporeal state and are here much as are ghosts - unseen and invisible. You will, however get the occasional possession, which is very real and very dangerous.

As far as a list of types of demons:

www.monstropedia.org...

There are many types and many different abilities and beliefs associated with each type. They all have specific connotations with them and their presence on Earth when they were here have worked to shaped humanity's view of them.

How do I summon a Demon?

*I do not advocate summoning anything let alone a demon.

First of all, I am not going to clog this thread up with several different rituals when a bit of personal research will provide those answers to those curious.

Summoning is a delicate process which many people who are bold (or stupid) enough to try screw up in a variety of ways and end up getting themselves into something they didn't expect and can't get out of. Many turn to the internet and pull quick "rituals" from these new age teen wicca sites and jump right in, without realizing the implications to the whole thing.

Let me give you an approximation of how a summoning actually works:

A human decides they want to pull a demon into the material world after watching 5 seasons of Supernatural because they want "powers."

They go do some borderline IQ 25 "research" online and pull a basic "ritual" from a site, not bothering to research it further, translate latin, learn if the signs are colors are right, then pop everything up one night.

On the demon's side (wherever that may be) - the demon is going about his business, doing whatever it is they do, when all of a sudden, they are yanked into a psudeo reality where a very frightened (or excited) creature is sitting near a pentagram or other cirlce, staring at them.

...how would you feel if you were yanked out of your bed and were being stared at by something that "summoned" you?

Unfortunately, in many of the cases we've seen, the summoning rituals are screwed up or the people doing them are screwed up and the thing wasn't done right. The demon (many times not the one they wanted) gets loose in the house and starts raising proverbial hell.

The Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon explain in detail exactly what must be done to summon demons, but it is frightening how few people actually know those workds exist. Or even know who King Solomon and his 72 demons were. For any of you who popped in here looking for summoning rituals, I'd suggest you go find BOOKS and start reading.

Can I control a Demon through force of will/religious faith/cookies?

The answer to all of the above is a resounding NO There are so many people who believe in certain religions who will swear up and down that you can command a demon to go away in the name of a prophet or lord and the demon will. There are even more alarming individuals out there who believe that you can mentally control a demon once summoned to go out do your bidding. Those people are all mistaken - sadly mistaken.

Once someone makes the decision to summon a demon, assuming it's even done correctly, they ALWAYS forget that humans aren't smarter and better than everything out there. The demon is 9 times out of 10 smarter than the summoner and can tell if the summoning was done improperly. Don't believe the hype out there suggesting you can actually control what a demon does. But don't despair - you CAN get rid of them, which I will explain in the next section.

This section left blank due to length of content. Continued in next post.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
no flag cuz you said some demons were good fail they are all evil... some are just less evil.... other than that i agree with most of the other stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How do I get rid of a demon?

Well, one way is to get a priest - which usually works.

But, if you are not of a particular faith or don't have the money to get a "licensed" exorcist in your house, there are a few methods you can use which require no relgious belief or anything that can help you get rid of the unwanted.

1) For protection: Non-iodized salt (preferrably rock or sea) For some reason we have yet to understand, demons prefer windows and doors and will not move through walls. Don't ask me why, but I've NEVER seen it happen. Dropping a line of salt at the doors and along the window sills OR around yourself in a circle will keep not just demons, but a host of other spirits out of your hair. But this is effectively just a defense.

2) To rid: There are several full exorcism verses out there in the original latin that you can use to banish - I say again BANISH a demon. For clarification - BANISH does not mean KILL. Since the entity is in a form of energy, you can't destroy it, but you can send it back. A medium version verse follows:

Regnae terrae, cantate deo,
psallite domino
qui fertis super caelum
caeli ad orientim
ecce dabit voci suae
vocem virtutis
tribuite virtutem deo.

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus
omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio
infernalis adversarii omnis legio
omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

Ergo draco maledicte
et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te
cessa decipere humanas creaturas
eisque aeternae perditionis venenum propinare.

Vade, satana, inventor et magister
omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei
contremisce et effuge, invocato a
nobis sancto et terribili nomine
quem inferi termunt.

Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, domine
ut ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias
libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.
Ut inimicos sanctae ecclesiae humiliare digneris
te rogamus, audi nos.

Ut inimicos santae ecclesiae humiliare digneris
te rogamus, audi nos.

Terribilis deus de sanctuario suo
deus israhel ipse truderit virtutem
et fortitudinem plebi suae
benedictus deus. Gloria Patri.

That's the long version. I'd highly recommend learning the correct pronunciation of it if you decide to use it to banish. There is a shorter one which is used in emergencies only:

Regna Terrae, cantate deo,
psallite domino
qui vehitor per calus
caelos antiquos!

Ecce, edit vocem suam, vocem potentum
akinoscite potentiam dei!
Majestas ejus
et potentia ejus
in nubibus

Timendus est deus e sancto suo
deus israel; ipse potentiam
datet robor populo suo
benedictus deus

Gloria Patri

Now, these are actually a bit tough to use if the thing is not confined in some way and if the thing is not in physical form, that makes it even harder. The keys of Solomon contain pentacles that can be used to trap a demon into one place or area, and from there the exorcism ritual can be read.

These are my two favored methods in conjunciton with the signs in the key of solomon. I'm sure other people on this forum, particularly the wiccans, witches and other users have their own methods which are all just as effective as mine. They could probably explain theirs far better than I can.

Can/should I be possessed by a Demon?

Again, the answer to this question is a resounding no. Willingly submitting yourself to what I've seen people go through is an idiotic endeavor at best. If you have tried or are planning to summon a demon to be possessed, you are in for some serious trouble. These things, especially the malevolent ones will use your body like a rag doll and completely ruin your life. It will take an experienced Catholic exorcist or someone else like me to get it out and even then - what it will do when being extracted will probably be worse than whatever it did while it was in you.

As far as if you "can" be possessed, the answer is yes, depending on your situation and a variety of other factors. If you attempted a failed summoning, then definitely. If you have a history of bad forays into the occult, it's possible. If you have proper defenses in place, then no. There really is no set standard on what can cause you to be possessed, it can all come down to even being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We have been able to collect no significat data that suggests there is an overall commonality for people who are possessed.

Some people are caught up in the hype thinking they're going to get paranormal abilities, wishes, better jobs, etc. But in reality, they can't control what the demon does to or with them while they're possessed and that's reality not hype.

My advice to anyone who chooses willingly to try this is to 1) do some SERIOUS research into the matter to learn what will really happen upon possession 2) learn about the demon and how they really act and what they will do and 3) Get some mental help.

What about relationships with demons?

Okay, this is actually a gray area for me and has been for quite a while. Since demons are varied as humans in their beliefs and how they act - having a relationship with one could be beneficial for the individual involved on a case by case basis.

My most recent case deals with a malevolent (this one is, not ALL of them) Succubus in the area. I started doing a TON of research on Succubi and their history. I posted a comment on a thread which you can read here, specifically about Succubi and Incubi:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have literally stumbled across several communities online where people are recounting stories about relationships with these entities. A lot of the accounts are positive but a select few are negative, which unfortunately for the people that are having bad experiences are quashed by the others in the 'community.' Whether or not a relationship with a demon is a good thing is for an individual to decide based on their belief system and the demon in question.

I'll have more to follow soon.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
thread maker have you called upon some of lucifers demons. have you ever been possessed? if the answer is no then you dont even know whats going on

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Are demons real?

If the rest of the post didn't convince you, then let me tell you that yes - what christians call "demons" are very real, as are a host of other things.

I will post more as the day goes on, I've only given you what I can from work, I'll post more once I get home and have my resources available.

This is all drawn from personal experience. In my view, what I've actually experienced trumps your "beliefs." Opposing views are respected, if presented in a respectful manner. As I stated already I am open to healthy debate as I am always willing to learn more about the subject.

This post was spurred because myself and others around the world are starting to see a rise in negative activity and more and more demons wlak to the Earth. Whether summoned or showing up on their own, they are here, nonetheless. Since there wasn't an overall post providing detailed information I decided to provide that information based off of my experience.

I will add a list of my library here later today and provide more information as I get the idea to.

Good luck to all of you and if you have legitimate questions, I will entertain them because everyone needs knowledge.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and sharing your experiences with this subject.

As a mystic/Reiki energy worker/studier of consciousness and paranormal I have had my share of run-ins with demons. I have been able to banish, destroy, or encapsulate them myself but it is certainly nothing I would recommend someone try on purpose.

Nice info - I wouldn't call any of the demons "good" per se, but I do agree that some can be used or summoned, or exist in order to help some things move a certain way in this world - that classification is neither good nor bad in my vernacular.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I have read the thread content.

I had one question for you, do you believe in Jesus Christ in any way shape or form? If so, who do you believe he was or what?

That is all at the moment.

Cheers

[edit on 9-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The primary sticking point I have with demons is that I can't really come up with a good scientific basis for a personality or entity existing without physical form, or inside a cohesive type of field.

The only thing I've been able to dig up is some research by Rupert Sheldrake on morphic resonance fields, which seem to be a kind of trans-temporal field of biological "intention." But there isn't even a good vocabulary available to develop workable hypotheses.

The manipulation of these things seems to rely a lot on the notion of intention coupled with imagination, which is then used to create a context in which the summoner in this reality is able to draw from apparent virtuality (a collapse of a quantum waveform, but on a larger, more coherent scale) another consciousness -- in at least a pseudo-physical form -- from the other "side" of reality, usually with the help of that consciousness.

Or, if you can imagine it, and you can believe in it, and there is something out there doing the same thing, you can bridge the gap between virtual and actual existence. Of course, once the thing becomes real, it gets stronger, fed by perception and consciousness, and then you have to figure out what to do with it. Probably a good idea to just do quick, insulated experiments at first, usually by convincing yourself that the talismans and prayers used to send the demon back really work. So that they will work.

Anyway, I wish there was a better way to test this stuff. So much of it has been anecdotal for so long (thousands of years), that it's hard to get a good, scientific handle on it. And by "science," I mean incorporating sociology and psychology into a working framework with electromagnetics and biomorphism. Well, maybe someday somebody will come up with a decent, working vocabulary for this stuff that doesn't sound like it came out of some fantasy story.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I had one question for you, do you believe in Jesus Christ in any way shape or form? If so, who do you believe he was or what?

If some of the accounts of the Gospel and other early Christian writings are accurate, Jesus was an Egyptian Jew who somehow (possibly many years of study at the esoteric libraries in Alexandria) either discovered or re-discovered a set of demon summoning and casting techniques that may have been used by Solomon. In the Gospel of Matthew, he actually declares himself "greater than Solomon" in his ability to manipulate demonic forces.

It gets him into a heap of trouble later on. He apparently loses control of his powers, possibly by demonic infection (a possible cause of his physical assault on the people in the Temple), is accused of sorcery, and is executed for it. A few of his apostles are taught the techniques, though, and may have managed to either raise him from the dead, as Jesus did Lazarus, or transfer his essence into another person (the Stranger on the Road).

Either way, the Gospels pretty much agree that the Apostles were heavily involved in demon casting and other kinds of sorcery, such as necromancy. It's how they made money or food donations, it seems, and supported the group of followers. The sermons and parables were a sideline. It's not emphasized too much these days, and the exhortations by preachers to "be more like Jesus" usually glosses over the sorcery part. But it's all there in the texts, if anybody has a crazy notion to read them.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Blue Shift

wow- that is a very cool assessment.
are demons ghosts?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In my experience/opinion, demons are the same as aliens, angels, faeries, etc....
People just call them different names due to different time periods/life experiences.

In the end, they are one...but different manifestations of the one.

I've experienced this firsthand... I never believed in any of it until I felt it and saw it move through the shadows.
I had a friend with me who also experienced it...

Basically, they are what shamans access as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
S&F!

Very interesting thread!

I am familiar with the Keys of Solomon.

I actually have 30 of the 72 seals tattooed on me and plan on getting the rest eventually.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Do you have an idea or explanation as to why more demons are coming to earth now? Also, if there are demons that are less dangerous are they here for a partcular reason? Are there any entities that come to earth to do good (I believe there is as I have had this experience)?

Very interesting thread!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OP already stated that some of them are here to steer things in certain ways and that not all are bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Hey, I have done some research as well, things like demons, ghosts or ufos etc etc.

The best description that I can find, in a reglious text is the Koran.

In the Koran, God created two worlds.

The human world & The Jinn (Genie) world

I believe UFOs Demons Ghosts etc are all Jinns.

mf_luder...have you read stuff on Jinns and what do you think????

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
A demon is actually a sentient, intelligent entity from another plane/realm/existence/universe....etc. who sometimes crosses into our reality or is pulled here by humans (more on that later.) Being so, demons are as varied in their beliefs, morals, ideals and moods as are humans. So believe it or not - there are actually "good" demons out there.

This I have suspected for a while now. I am curious to know if angels are in the same boat, only inverted i.e. some are bad. Have you accumulated any information concerning angels? Would you liken the existence of demons to that of djinn, even going as far to say that they are the same entity?
Very interesting thread

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The answer to all of the above is a resounding NO There are so many people who believe in certain religions who will swear up and down that you can command a demon to go away in the name of a prophet or lord and the demon will. There are even more alarming individuals out there who believe that you can mentally control a demon once summoned to go out do your bidding. Those people are all mistaken - sadly mistaken.

There is something to be said for not testing the will of the Lord, obviously summoning, or attempting to summon a demon is never a good idea. By doing so, the individual acts of their own free will, and forsakes any protection save the most merciful kind, for a new brand of foolishness. If you're ready to jump in front of a train, you might just get hit!

There most certainly is protection against demons. God provides us this, and the more virtuous the individual, the closer to God they can live with comfort. That spiritual proximity is very important, so is prayer, and obviously a stern faith supports both - it's said that even faith is a gift from God. I assure you quite to the contrary. Prayer works, and rarely a day goes by that I am not praying against demons, and finding open reward for that well-placed faith by an end to their malignant presences, for myself and others.

They just miraculously "feel better" after a while, and their mood changes. They become happier and even cheerful, pains dissapear, wholesome memories sometimes return (almost as nasty as what they put into peoples heads are what they block out). Demons shroud people in their temptations, obsessions, moods, and activities. If only people knew how quickly 80% of their troubles would dissapear, I think more would turn back to their Creator and discover His plan for our lives.

It's for far more than protection against the spirits of darkness (permanently darkened moral states that exist in opposition to God, virtue, and all things considered sacred or holy by God).

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So, If I am dreaming/having nightmare and I feel my inner being being pulled out of my physical being, am I fighting off something real when I start to yell NO? Seriously, I was getting these for a while. It was not pleasant. Once I was looking at a friend's ouiji board, and feeling like I missed the one I used to have, and had horrible nightmares that night. I remember yelling in my dream "I only touched it". I have also at times closed my eyes and seen the strangest types of faces, but I stopped being afraid of them at one point, because I felt like I was more of an observer, and that they couldn't hurt me, or have me. It has been a while since I had any of those nightmares. They felt so real.
I am not a religious person, because I feel that no one knows for sure until they are dead. I have had some freaky things happen too when awake, but nothing scary, just weird.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
XXXN3O - At this point in time I could best be described as "Agnostic." I believe in Jesus as a historical figure and I respect Christians and their belief system, but I put no claims into any religion at this point.

Blue Shift - I totally agree with you, there is hardly ever enough "hard" data to provide to skeptics which makes the fact that this stuff happens more of a pain to deal with when you have non-believers trying to convince you that theirs is the right way and no other.

Darkcyde_Crowley - Wow man, that's a ton of tatoos.... lol. Awesome though.

Crazydaisy - As of now, we are working on trying to find that out. There does seem to be a rise in activity as of late - particularly over the past 3 or 4 years. We're trying to track down an answer to that.

Saabacura - I will post what information I have on Djinn for you in a while.

Pretty_vacant - As of now, I haven't personally run across any angels. I have a friend who has, but I don't know the extent of his involvement with them. I would assume that they too have their own quirks, beliefs and personalities. But to date, I've a lot more bad entities than good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join