It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Border Patrol agent kills 15-year-old boy in Texas after rocks were thrown

page: 5
12
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript
 


Starting out by name calling does not make your position any stronger.


I am not hispanic. Well, not entirely. I am a big, nordic looking blonde dude. My wife is hispanic, as are my children. Multiple aunts, uncles, stepbrothers and stepsisters, etc.


Most Americans do not live here on the border. They do not have a frame of reference to understand the situation down here. As mentioned earlier, they read about what happens while at Starbucks, and then want to chide us.

This agent should not have been in this position. The military should.

It isn't like this kid chunked a rock. This kid used a DEADLY WEAPON against an LEO, who felt he had to fight for his life.


If you want to come throw rocks at me, i will likely not shoot you. But that is only because my gun isn't loaded. But i am fully capable of removing someone's head from their body with my bare hands. And it would be highly likely to happen.

I am among the most critical of LEO. Look at my post history. I despise law enforcement, in general. But i believe our borders are a joke, and if that doesn't get fixed i may not have a choice about future response. It is already as bad as i will tolerate around here.

Ever had a friend killed by an illegal who got away free because he just went back to Mexico? If you haven't, you may lack the frame of reference that I have.




posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As a child my brothers and I would often have rock wars. Of course these were often conducted at what we considered to be safe distances, maybe 60-100 feet away from the opposing side. While true that its hard to get the kinetic energy to truly kill a person if the rock is thrown directly at you, but imagine if you will lobbing a 1-2 pound rock 40 or 50 feet into the air and it lands atop your head. I knocked one of my brothers out and gave him quite a serious concussion this way. It did in fact require hospitalization. So yes it is quite possible to kill someone with a rock even throwing it across the rio grande. Needless to say my father beat my @$$ for that one. It is tragic the young man was killed. But if he hadn't been there attacking a border guard he would be alive right now.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Those Mexicans don't like it, but that kid should not of been throwing rocks.
Rocks were one of the first lethal weapons used by humans on earth, look what David did to Goliath, if Goliath had a gun he would of shot David, but then where would we be, well not comparing Gaza to Mexico.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
As a child my brothers and I would often have rock wars. Of course these were often conducted at what we considered to be safe distances, maybe 60-100 feet away from the opposing side. While true that its hard to get the kinetic energy to truly kill a person if the rock is thrown directly at you, but imagine if you will lobbing a 1-2 pound rock 40 or 50 feet into the air and it lands atop your head. I knocked one of my brothers out and gave him quite a serious concussion this way. It did in fact require hospitalization. So yes it is quite possible to kill someone with a rock even throwing it across the rio grande. Needless to say my father beat my @$$ for that one. It is tragic the young man was killed. But if he hadn't been there attacking a border guard he would be alive right now.


My own personal disclosure:

When i was a kid, a bigger kid was picking on us. I picked up a rock and launched it at him, and hit him in the leg. He told his mom and dad, who told my dad.

My dad let them know that their son bullying would not be tolerated any more, and that he got what he deserved. Then he whipped my butt like never before. It hurt for a week. Why? A friend of his was hit in the head with a rock as a child and put in a wheelchair. He died a few years later due to organ complications.

My dad would come unglued over rock throwing. Bad. I fully believe rocks are deadly objects. If you have never been hit with one, you have no reason to render an opinion.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush

Originally posted by realmatrix
reply to post by thedarklingthrush
 


Let me get this right...you are equating your rock throwing fights with some fat little kid who can't throw straight.. to throwing rocks at the National Guardsmen and or Border Patrol Agents protecting a country? Good grief...case closed!


So are you calling me a fat little kid? No actually I took quite a few bruises but I can definitely testify that throwing rocks at distance isn't threat of deadly force. Especially threat enough to justify shooting a freshman/sophmore in highschool in the head

So many people in this thread read the original article and then form an opinion and stopped thinking, instead of branching out and looking at other information.


I am certainly not calling you fat...or any other name for that matter. However, your insights about this issue as it relates to border security is quite lacking.

Texas is on high alert right now due to information given out by Homeland Security Dept that some Somali terrorist is due to be sneaking across the border here through Texas. So if the Border Agents are a little touchy...then so be it!

But lets be clear here...I am for the same type of border security that the Mexican Gov uses against illegals who cross their borders! Except I am sure our agents won't rape or rob the illegals they catch!



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
A kid throwing rocks at law enforcement would be taken into custody not killed on the spot.


It was not an innocent kid throwing a pebble at a cop in your neighborhood. The border agents were trying to detain the perps, and a group of them split and started pelting the US agents (who were outnumbered) with rocks large enough to cause danger.

As others said, the border agent has every right to make it home to his family that night. And of you think that 2 people can "take into custody" 15 hostiles, you are truly delusional.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by 3vilscript
 


Starting out by name calling does not make your position any stronger.


I am not hispanic. Well, not entirely. I am a big, nordic looking blonde dude. My wife is hispanic, as are my children. Multiple aunts, uncles, stepbrothers and stepsisters, etc.


Most Americans do not live here on the border. They do not have a frame of reference to understand the situation down here. As mentioned earlier, they read about what happens while at Starbucks, and then want to chide us.

This agent should not have been in this position. The military should.

It isn't like this kid chunked a rock. This kid used a DEADLY WEAPON against an LEO, who felt he had to fight for his life.


If you want to come throw rocks at me, i will likely not shoot you. But that is only because my gun isn't loaded. But i am fully capable of removing someone's head from their body with my bare hands. And it would be highly likely to happen.

I am among the most critical of LEO. Look at my post history. I despise law enforcement, in general. But i believe our borders are a joke, and if that doesn't get fixed i may not have a choice about future response. It is already as bad as i will tolerate around here.

Ever had a friend killed by an illegal who got away free because he just went back to Mexico? If you haven't, you may lack the frame of reference that I have.


Fair enough... no more name calling I got a little carried away. But I still highly disagree.

About 8 years ago I had a girlfriend in Mexico who's sister had been raped and murdered by a Salvadorean illegal immigrant. Her family had taken the guy in and had been helping him. He became her sisters boyfriend and the family accepted him. One night he got really drunk and got into an argument with the girl and did to her what I already discribed.

The reason I bring this up is because my girlfriend never once referred to him as "the illegal alien who killed my sister." She always called him a criminal. Which is what a sane person would call someone that murders another. But I would never say all immigrants are murderers. Or that because some of them are we should treat all the same.

By the way I live in a border state and a border town and know many Americans who would disagree with what you say.

This is America, not "you guys don't live near the border. So you have no say in what happens." If the problem was with Canada I'm sure people in the south would have their say as well.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by 3vilscript
A kid throwing rocks at law enforcement would be taken into custody not killed on the spot.


It was not an innocent kid throwing a pebble at a cop in your neighborhood. The border agents were trying to detain the perps, and a group of them split and started pelting the US agents (who were outnumbered) with rocks large enough to cause danger.

As others said, the border agent has every right to make it home to his family that night. And of you think that 2 people can "take into custody" 15 hostiles, you are truly delusional.


Have you read how many times the kid was shot? Twice. He was shot twice in the head. Not 2 kids, not 3, not 5, or 9 or 10, or "15." 1 single boy was shot twice in the head across the river.

If it were truly "15 hostiles" as you put it, more kids would have been shot or injured. Only 1 was shot and killed.

I don't think the agent doing the shooting was being hit with rocks when he pulled that off.

reply to post by realmatrix
 


I was sure we would never have a case like this one here in the USA. I used to say... "Ah Gaza, thank God we're so far away. It'll never happen here."


[edit on 6/9/2010 by 3vilscript]



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sometimes LEO's get a bit over-anxious when it comes to drawing their weapons and shooting their target. I get upset with the stories of "cops shoot unarmed suspect 80 times", and "child 9 shot to death by cops...accident', etc... This border incident is completely different.
First of all, they were trying to enter illegaly and if Mexico was so great, they wouldn't even bother, so governor of Chihuahua needs to shut the heck up. Second of all, foreigner attacking a federal agent should be the highlight in everyone's mind; trying to assault their way into the country?
Oh poor immigrants are just trying to better themselves, they should be thrown a red carpet and border patrol should put lei's on them and kiss them in welcome? Third, it wasn't one boy lobbing pebbles at the agent, he was surrounded by a group who were throwing rocks to put him down so they could release the apprehended illegals. He didn't maliciously target the 15yr old out of racism or hatred.

Sad that a boy was killed. If Mexico didn't suck so damn bad, this and situations like it would not happen. Mexico has no right to raise objection to our immigration law.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
But lets be clear here...I am for the same type of border security that the Mexican Gov uses against illegals who cross their borders! Except I am sure our agents won't rape or rob the illegals they catch!


Last I heard mexico has no actual border patrol. All the stories of theft, rape and murder are done by gangs. The cops may be on the take but that just means that they turn a blind eye while the gangs do what they like.


Mexico does not have the same mechanisms to detect and handle illegal entry as the United States, in that it does not have a border patrol.


Security in the US Mexican bordeerlands page 25.

Edited to add source.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by daskakik]



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Terrorist threat - coming to us thanks to open and abused border with Mexico:

Last week, the Department of Homeland Security issued a lookout to authorities in Texas, warning that another Somali purportedly linked to al Shabaab was believed to be in Mexico and was allegedly planning to attempt to cross the border into the United States. This lookout appears to be linked to a U.S. indictment in March charging another Somali man with running a large-scale smuggling ring bringing Somalis into the United States through Latin America.


Stratfor Link



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012
 


At least have the decency to read what actually happened.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


What does that have to do with the boy killed? Was he involved in terrorism? Ah yes all the people around the world we dislike we link to terrorism so that we might invade them and protect our country. It's getting tired really.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Terrorist threat - coming to us thanks to open and abused border with Mexico:

Last week, the Department of Homeland Security issued a lookout to authorities in Texas, warning that another Somali purportedly linked to al Shabaab was believed to be in Mexico and was allegedly planning to attempt to cross the border into the United States. This lookout appears to be linked to a U.S. indictment in March charging another Somali man with running a large-scale smuggling ring bringing Somalis into the United States through Latin America.


Stratfor Link

Thank you for posting this link as I was just looking for it to back up my comments made above! The unfortunate thing is that most readers won't even care or believe this is an issue....until BOOM!




posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
If it were truly "15 hostiles" as you put it, more kids would have been shot or injured. Only 1 was shot and killed.


Has it occurred to you that the border agent actually did exercise restraint in application of deadly force? Indeed, we don't see a heap of bullet-ridden bodies. He shot the most dangerous perp twice and the rest fled.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


What does that have to do with the boy killed?


A lot.

This border is a war zone, and it's not because we in the US want it to be this way.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript
 


Well, it is more like "You don't live in Texas....". Any American gets an equal vote on national matters. It seems as though the Fed isn't doing their job of enforcing the laws. This is creating this flash point.

We distinguish between illegal immigrant crime and otherwise to highlight the driving force that illegal immigration is behind crime. As well, often the illegal Mexican will come here to commit the crime, then duck back across. They are actually sent here.

If you owe the Mexican Mafia money, they will send someone to kidnap you, maybe your children, and kill everyone. In Marfa bodies are found out in the cotton fields, left to die by the Mafia (they won't always kill you. They often will leave you to die in the heat, suffering, to deter others from not paying them their money).

I am not averse to "profiling". An 80 year old woman from Saginaw is not likely to bomb a plane. In the same way, an illegal immigrant is a profile for someone who, in the past, has committed some pretty bad crimes.

Most Americans in my area agree with me.
Whether that can be said in your region is something i would not know.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


What does that have to do with the boy killed? Was he involved in terrorism? Ah yes all the people around the world we dislike we link to terrorism so that we might invade them and protect our country. It's getting tired really.



I don't label many people "terrorist". I see them as either criminals or freedom fighters, depending on what they are doing to be called a "terrorist".

But with Mexico, no one wants to invade that cesspool. Your logic does not follow here. All we want is for them to enter our nation legally, and follow all the same rules that the citizens of our nation have to follow. To ask otherwise is hypocritical.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by realmatrix
But lets be clear here...I am for the same type of border security that the Mexican Gov uses against illegals who cross their borders! Except I am sure our agents won't rape or rob the illegals they catch!


Last I heard mexico has no actual border patrol. All the stories of theft, rape and murder are done by gangs. The cops may be on the take but that just means that they turn a blind eye while the gangs do what they like.


LOLOLOL...I really don't know what you have "heard" but I invite you to sneak your behind across the Mexican border and get caught...then write us about what happens after that! Oh and by the way...those "gangs" you refer to are Former Federales! Just Fyi!



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
If you owe the Mexican Mafia money, they will send someone to kidnap you, maybe your children, and kill everyone. In Marfa bodies are found out in the cotton fields, left to die by the Mafia (they won't always kill you. They often will leave you to die in the heat, suffering, to deter others from not paying them their money).


The Mexican mafia was founded in the US by US Citizens. One of the founders was a guy named Joe Morgan. Just because it has Mexico in the name doesn't mean it started in Mexico.

You are right they are ruthless but sealing the border would not have saved you from them.

Also the Latin Kings started out in Chicago and NY by a group Puerto Ricans. Also US citizens.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join