It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol agent kills 15-year-old boy in Texas after rocks were thrown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mexico has demanded a full investigation after a Mexican boy died after apparently being shot by a US border patrol agent.

Mexican police said the youth was killed close to the bridge linking the border cities of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez.

His mother, Guadelupe Huereca, denied reports he had been trying to cross the border. "He was not going to cross to El Paso, it is not true, he was here in Mexico. They killed him in Mexico," she said.

If this happened in Gaza, the usual suspects would be coming out of the woodwork calling for nothing short of open war. But because the shooter was obviously a good, honest beef eating American, and not n bloodthirsty Israeli Jew, it's all good.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Monger]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Monger]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
FBI statement

One subject, Oscar Ivan Pineda Ayala, was initially detained on the levy. Another agent arrived on his bicycle along the cement apron that forms the river bank on the US side. That agent detained a second subject, Augustin Alcaraz Reyes, but other subjects ran into Mexico and began to throw rocks at the agent.

This agent, who had the second subject detained on the ground, gave verbal commands to the remaining subjects to stop and retreat. However, the subjects surrounded the agent and continued to throw rocks at him. The agent then fired his service weapon several times, striking one subject who later died.

www.kvia.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And let us not forget about this little bit of info as posted on ATS:

"After a week marred with violence along the U.S./Mexico border sources admit the Mexican drug cartels have placed a $250 thousand bounty for the kidnapping or murder of Border Patrol Agents.

U.S. agents are taking the threat very seriously and say officers in the field should use extreme caution when approaching the border fence area. "

Source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course we all know that teenagers are never recruited by drug cartels, or would ever be aware of such bounties living in Mexico, right?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, I guess a good take-away from this incident is not to throw rocks at cops.

I bet he would've put more shoulder in his swing had he not left his grenades at home.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Something that was stated in the media and lightly commented on here is the potential issue that the dead child was found dead on Mexican soil. How was the LEO surrounded by these hostile youths while he was in the USA and the dead child was found in Mexico? I understand that the border is a thin line yet I doubt that the LEO was standing astride that line. It needs to be fully and transparently investigated so that everyone will understand what has happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you follow some of the Aztlan movements, most think the Mexicans are the Palestinians of America and Los Angeles the future Jeruzalem..After all before 1848 Texas, California Arizona and New Mexico were Mexican territory..But he its in good hands now...And the boys shoulnd't be throwing rocks, they had it coming..

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Unless they're not telling the whole truth, I can't see how the BP agent had any other choice. He had to defend himself, what was he suppossed to do stand there and be pelted with rocks until he was seriously injured or killed ? Or maybe he should have just picked up some rocks himself and started throwing them back at them

He is an LEO that was dealing with criminals in the act of committing a crime, and those criminals attacked him.

"We energetically condemn the death of a minor near the international border crossing in Ciudad Juarez", the Mexican foreign ministry said in a statement.

"Using firearms to respond to an attack with rocks is a disproportionate use of force, particularly coming from a officials that are specially trained," it said.

"A worrying increase in the use of excessive force" showed the need for greater cooperation on border security, it added.

So how about they cooperate and put their police force or military on their side of the border and stop their citizens from crossing over to our side

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

Well the kids dead. We could bury him and let the family grieve in peace. But no. Lets not do that. Lets turn him into a political football!

José Reyes Baeza, the governor of Chihuahua, the Mexican state over the border from El Paso, told a local newspaper that the boy died because of "xenophobic and racist conduct" associated with popular support in the United States for the Arizona immigration law

So that's his official cause of death then? xenophobic and racist conduct? I didn't know you could kill someone like that.

A Border Patrol agent shot and killed a 15-year-old boy near El Paso, Texas, yesterday after rocks were thrown at him.

Or did he die from being shot? I'm confused

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And your point is what? He is dead. Shouldn't have tried to illegally cross the border.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
As for using rocks as weapons in the bible, yes, they used them - in slingshots. They sure as heck didn't throw them. that was a poor comparison.
[edit on 8-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Actually yes they did throw the rocks as well. Its a practice known as "stoning". You find a bunch of nice fist sized rocks and throw them at the individual that's been condemned to "stoning". This usually resulted in a very painful way to die unless one was lucky and knocked unconscious or suffered a fractured skull in the first few minutes. Mmmm nothing like some biblical blunt force trauma!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Most agents are very isolated when they run into illegals on the run...anything can happen, but I would like to see the agent always come out safe no matter what.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
this got me really mad!!

T.J. Bonner, who heads a union representing Border Patrol agents, told the Associated Press that it's appropriate to answer rocks with bullets. "It is a deadly force encounter," he said. "One that justifies the use of deadly force."

there should be an IQ test for border patrol agents when they sign up!!

will this give rise to an Al-Mexicada group donning bomb vests?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A more detailed account

Apparently the Border Patrol agent wasn't quite surrounded(one rock came behind him) but most of them were throwing rocks at him from across the Rio Grande including the kid he shot in the head.

He was not being stoned by a circle of people as some posters have insinuated.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My blood is boiling and my heart is racing.

You people make me sick. Honestly. The internet and its denizens have never raised such strong emotion in me.

The true root of my sudden, seething hatred for many who posted before me:

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is the page I read less than five minutes ago, while checking out the BBC's page.
And I quote:
"The boy has been identified as 14-year-old Sergio Adrian Hernandez.

Photographs show his body lying on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande.

His mother, Guadelupe Huereca, denied reports he had been trying to cross the border.

"He was not going to cross to El Paso, it is not true, he was here in Mexico. They killed him in Mexico," she said. "

I admit, I have not read any other news sources on it. I came here, to see the opinions being tossed around. What I see is a bunch a whiny, conceited children hiding behind their guns. You're right. Illegal immigration is a HUGE issue. But this is your answer? Kill some kid for throwing stones, then congratulate each other for it, and defend it?? You are sliding down the slippery slope towards a truly horrible situation for your society. Murdering a young kid, with little suspect and motive, across the lines of a legal border, then gladly supporting it, acting like it was the truest cause of action that could have been taken.

What's next? Some lebensruam for you? Forgive the Nazi sentiment, I can only see the similarities:
Step 1: Grow to dislike the people who are foreign living in your midst. In this case, the good ol' Mexicans CHECK
Step 2: Realise they're doing all the jobs you didn't want until now. CHECK
Step 3: Start getting vocal and angry until the whole thing is in frenzy mode. CHECK
Step 4: Pass laws which, while supporting your precious idealogy, infringe upon the human rights of others. CHECK
Step 5: Get 'em where they live. Your whole populace is behind you now. Time for some domination. Check?

Come on. This isn't even about leaders, or Israel and Gaza. No matter who leads you, democrat or republican, your society is infected with a cruel idealogy of superiority. While many stand against these actions, they are far outweighed by the majority addicted to the feeling of power over others. Your American dream, quite sadly, has turned into a pitiful mockery.

And that's a shame.
A damn shame.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Upon taking a moment to read another source, what we can see is that this whole thing is crazy mess. I may have been harsh, and unaware of some important facts in my previous post, so please, don't be too voracious cutting into me. It's hard to be objective when you have tunnel vision of rage zoning in on your computer. But now, my heart is no longer visibly pumping, so let me say this:

While these actions may be called "justified", shouldn't we ask if it was necessary? Will you truly let your society fall back on old, unjust ways to settle your disputes? Where is the proud tradition, nay, sacred institute of your law? Yes. These individuals may have been violating those very laws. But in that, you are obliged to treat them with the respect that same law guarantees all human beings. Tensions are extremely high. There is no doubt about that. But maybe, instead of being blunt and stubborn, back off and approach from a new angle. I don't know what angle, no one person does. Not just Americans know how to solve this. Not just Mexicans know how to solve this. Don't just applaud these actions, and call out the Mexicans for being angry. Work for a solution, not an extension on your miseries.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Rocks can be very deadly. All it takes is a hit with the right amount of force on the right part of the head. And considering it was a group throwing rocks its even more so.

There's a reason why they stoned people to death in the old testament; It killed, it didn't leave you with weapons to clean and it was painful.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
How many Americans have been killed at the hands of Mexican gangs and drug cartels? Some within our own borders...where's the outrage for them? The Mexican government speaks out on this issue but what about their own people that are being slaughtered, people beheaded and bodies mutilated and left on roadsides by drug cartels? This incident is indeed sad but there are far worse things going on around the border that hardly make the evening news

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What is with all the surge of illegals anyways? DOn't they know America is in a recession?

The border patrol agent was in his right to defend himself. if I was being targeted with rocks, then I would show response by firing my weapon. haven't you heard back in the days they used to stone people to death for doing something bad?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by LadySkadi

Rocks can be very deadly. All it takes is a hit with the right amount of force on the right part of the head. And considering it was a group throwing rocks its even more so.

There's a reason why they stoned people to death in the old testament; It killed, it didn't leave you with weapons to clean and it was painful.

a baseball bat can be deadly, no? why dont you and 4 other friends get 2 bats each and throw it at me or take a swing at me.

i will just use a semi-auto pistol with 9 rounds.

come on 5 vs 1...im sure you will come out tops. 2 bats each. are ya ready to bring it?!?!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
haven't you heard back in the days they used to stone people to death for doing something bad?

havent you heard of...dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join