It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran TV shows video said to be missing scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Iran TV shows video said to be missing scientist

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran – Iranian state television showed a video Monday of a man it identified as a missing nuclear scientist, who said he had been abducted and taken to the United States.

The scientist, Shahram Amiri, disappeared while on a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia in June 2009. U.S. media reports in March said he defected to the U.S. and is assisting the CIA in efforts to undermine Iran's nuclear program. Iran has repeatedly said Amiri was abducted by the U.S.

The U.S. State Department did not immediately responded to a request for comment Monday.

The man in the video was wearing headpho
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Those CIA bastards! Are they even human anymore? No doubt the State Department has no comments because its true. No one would defect to America. No even the guy on the webcam with headphones on. I'm glad the Iranians are shedding light on the CIA abductions and so on. What could they be thinking?? This could lead to war!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I would actually like to see the video/statement/interview first hand if you find it upon further research, please post

I don't doubt that this might have occurred, as the alliances run deep between US and Saudi Arabia (and as Iran is a threat to the Kingdom), however I do disagree with some of your second post opinions.

ETA: Grammar

[edit on 7-6-2010 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I had heard about the scientist in question before, it was believed he was abducted. I believe there may have been an Iranian general who was also taken, possibly by Israel.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A.C.T. O.F. W.A.R.

nothing more to say

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So if he is/was being held and tortured by intelligence in the U.S., how did he record a statement via a webcam?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

just because he got abducted doesnt mean he was tortured ...

you guys watch too much 24 with jack bauer

they probably will offer him some $$ to work for them at the US

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

But where is the video? I clicked on all the links and the only thing I found was a mentioning, that Iran was still studying the video. If they are still studying it, then it's not conclusive. Usually, Iran would have flooded the net with the tape, but I haven't found anything.
Here is Al Jazeera's link, and there is nothing here!
english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The OP fails to display or show the video. I checked his sources and found No video.
Fail!
Hoax.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Your insightful reply motivated me to find the video, even though it wouldn't change anything. Here it is.

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by djvexd

just because he got abducted doesnt mean he was tortured ...

you guys watch too much 24 with jack bauer

they probably will offer him some $$ to work for them at the US

I was heavily tortured and pressured by U.S. intelligence," he said.

The alleged man allegedly said he was allegedly tortured, in alleged video. Still, yes, it doesn't mean he was tortured

This could just be Iranian propaganda, I mean he doesn't look like he's in one of those military torture chambers with Eminem songs looping.... He'd probably be dead by now if that was the case.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I was replying to the article and OP that assumed he was kidnapped and tortured by the CIA and the scientist was claiming that from Arizona purportedly.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here is al-Jazeera weighing in on this case...It does seem interesting, I do like conflicting accounts, hee-hee...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

top topics

join