It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on "The end of the world"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by LeoVirgo

god is the unseen force known as nature nature is why there i slife on this planet it drives this planet it drives life!!!!

if life is here and nature is the force then life somehwere else must be driven by nature aswell! so therefore nature is god! at any given time nature can whip up a natural disaster and kill so thererfore nature is also death!

there is no god that created himself or was not created! everything is infinite so if there is a god...then god has a god checks and balances is a law of the universe! the gods are aliens that came from the heavens which is the sky and the gods created us to worship them but even the gods must have gods or a god!

this is where nature comes in no matter where there is life there is going to be nature!

Nature, is a very 'seen' force, its not unseen. What is unseen is the life force within it, the energy that runs through it as well as all life.

So I still say, God, is not of flesh, is not phsycail, is the UNSEEN. You say nature is the unseen, I just disagree....its the energy, the life force within it, that is unseen.

But I do agree in that through nature....is the best way to find the Spirit, God.

I still very much disagree, respectfully, that any form of flesh, aliens, should be refereed to as gods.

My parents conceived me, they in a sense, made me...but I dont call them Gods.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

god didnt create you if your saying god is a spirit and in essence we are spirits then we are god..as a matter of fact we are gods of our own lives hence anything you put your mind to you can do it you drive your car of life you can go anywhere you want to go! you control your destiny so you are your god!

there is no invisible being that was around before anything else! if a soul is forever then the soul has always been around! as a matter of fact a soul is the very enrgy that feeds your avatar! your avatar being your body you inhabit now but when you die your soul will leave where will it go to the heavens maybe and when it goes to the heavens maybe it will find another body on another planet to inhabit

are you bored or something because this thread was about opinions and u act like you needed to nit pick my opinion to cause this discussion...and btw god created us but that doesnt make him a god!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

maybe you didnt realise this either but the unseen god or the unseen one is referred to as ra/marduk sometimes even acquired to horus...which is one of the aliens that belong to the race that helped create us which in essence they didnt actually create us as prime apes already existed and cro magnon was already evolving they just mixed gentics to hurry what nature was taking so long to do!

nature is unseen btw you cant see nature! you can see evidence but evidence is not actually seeing!

you can find evidence of the murder'er but until you catch him you cant see him! samething with nature

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
the idea of 'The End of the World' is just a meme...
a overriding thought placed in the moral conscience of thinking beings...
so that a 'second thought' consideration by that person
directs that person to accept the (constant bombarding) religious statement that '"You Need To Be Saved' =from your own inner demons and the drives of the lower 'self'

very persuasive... to the unenlightened (but still good) 'souls' that are condemmed to hell-fire & brimstone=== unless one joins

balder-dash, imho

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The "World" will physically end in around 5,000million years when the sun swells and swallows the inner solar system

But humanity will in all probability destroy itself as a species soon before then

I find it a little disturbing we have spent so much on the likes of h-bombs actually designed for this purpose

No doubt if we do it soon enough for the next generation of intelligent species to evolve this cycle will repeat

Unfortunately, intelligence is inherently evil as it bring concepts like greed. This is one of the very few parts of the bible I do believe

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I do feel we are close but I could be wrong. And I feel privileged to be alive at such an extreme point in history. The test is to master your fear. But on the other hand I would be glad to live another 50 years. If it happens it happens. But I think it's gonna be soon and I'm excited.

1.) Rapture

2.) Events described in The Book of Revelations take place.

3.) The righteous inherit a new earth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Isa 11:6-9

Flames welcome.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Trying to connect the dots with prophecy and reality reminds me of the witch with the carrot nose in Monty Python's movie. It's a laughable exercise in getting things all messed up.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Self fulfilling prophecy.

If the end of the world happens, it'll be due to us being so psyched out about something that wouldnt have happened otherwise.

We'll do it to ourselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Not bored, just disagree with what you say, and bring my thoughts forth just as you bring your thoughts.

I mean no ill towards you...we all have our passions and things that matter to us deeply. We all share them with others.

You saying aliens and nature are gods...I just disagree with, so I voice that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

aliens aren't gods i dont think that! but smost people do when you follow the bible your following the words or stories of aliens!

how do i know this...the bible is based off stories that were told way before its creation or the society that wrote it!

and what did the story tellers that brought forth them stories believe in? gods from the heavens! or in logical terms aliens from the sky!

genesis verse 26! and god said let US...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

aliens aren't gods i dont think that! but smost people do when you follow the bible your following the words or stories of aliens!

how do i know this...the bible is based off stories that were told way before its creation or the society that wrote it!

and what did the story tellers that brought forth them stories believe in? gods from the heavens! or in logical terms aliens from the sky!

I think that it is very possible the stories of the Bible do originate from older stories from long long ago...but have been twisted now to suit a certain culture or political agenda.

I think there is a big different though in the 'gods from the heavens' and the Holy Spirit of life itself.

Just because I talk of the Holy Spirit...doesnt mean to go by the Bible. But I now see where you are coming from...mentioning the 'aliens as gods' is a view point of ancient men most defiantly. It would be understandable as well, if this was the case, having stories of 'beings that came from the sky'.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are authors who have written about the destruction of the world in 2010. Then, there are others who write about a mass awakening of humans. They say that all the fear and the unknown will be left behind for those who embrace the new awakening. I am curious about the following:
I found this website while searching URLs for apocalypse. Is this an upcoming motion picture or is this Jack Van Cleef a modern day prophet? I am quite curious about this and wonder if anyone else has seen it. The Apocalypse Diary of Jack Van Cleef
Thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh brother. Is that your poor attempt to understand our creation? Aliens? Really? It may be an easy assumption to claim such a broad question to a modern answer. I'm doing a comparison essay right now on Theogony and Genesis. Creation stories. Anyways its an easy progress to explain this.

"In our image" could be a number of things. Could be a call to the angels. (this isn't a far fetch scenario. ) if we can believe that aliens are running around in the universe and that we live in a infinite realm of dimensions with infinite timelines and parallel universe then by that shot we can assume that other life forms live in these "other dimensions" These other dimensions could be heaven, purgatory, or hell. Which truly isn't all that far fetch if you think of physics and the explanation of the universe.

Then we have in "our image". as in the image of the beings on earth. I don't know about you but i sure do think we look like a small wingless angel to me.

Then I have this

Genesis Bible study notes: God speaks as the creator-king announcing his crowning work to the members of his heavenly court. Image.... likeness.. no distinction should be made between image and likeness which are synonyms in both the OT. since human beings are made in God's image, they are all worthy of honor and respect: they are neither to be murdered nor cursed. Image" includes such characteristics as righteousness and holiness and knowledge. believers are to be conformed to the likeness of christ and will someday be like him.

I do also believe that aliens tried to get an upper hand on earth and have been meddling throughout ancient civilizations all throughout the time when the real "God" was doing the same.

Although, it is difficult for people to accept God and Aliens coexisting within the same timeline. This is not far fetch

Simple philosophy may be advised within this realm as well for those who seek logic. Or Sophia... that is

Here comes sexy sophia, bare with me

If it takes great work of a human(parents) to create another biological entity(child). Then where does the birth of our consciousness comes from? God? We are privileged with consciousness and should take note for that than our intelligent. For we are time.

Time and consciousness are one. So where does the time and consciousness comes from?

If I gave you a bird. And this bird spoke about its life and troubles.. Is it still a bird?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well Im not very religious and nor do I truly believe that the world will be coming to an end in 2012. But I have read from a few diferent sources that Ireland is supposed to be submerged by water 7 years before the world is to end. :

"The ocean shall inundate Ireland seven years before the End so that the devil may not rule over that people." (St. Patrick)

"Seven years before the Last Day the sea shall submerge Ireland in one inundation." (St. Columbkille)

"The sea will come over Ireland seven years before the day of judgment." (St. Nennius)

"The sea shall overwhelm Ireland seven years before the judgment." (Leabhar Breac)

So maybe people should start a count down after Ireland gets hit by a huge tsunami, an maybe I should move or start building a boat

I honestly dont think I believe that stuff tho. But take note you guys if you awake some day to find that Ireland has sunk
start the countdown.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

oh boy you really believe that crap! i mean come on if angels are divine beings and god gave man the ability to procreate HOW IN THE HELL CAN ANGELS HAVE SEX?

even if you attempt to explain that i think an all powerful being that was not created that just happened to be around forever is an easy way out of anything...thats jus the weak minded excuse for existence!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

oh boy you really believe that crap! i mean come on if angels are divine beings and god gave man the ability to procreate HOW IN THE HELL CAN ANGELS HAVE SEX?

even if you attempt to explain that i think an all powerful being that was not created that just happened to be around forever is an easy way out of anything...thats jus the weak minded excuse for existence!

The weak minded are those who believe in a smoke and mirror world like earthh (this dimension we live in). Apparently believing is seeing to you, but that is not the case for all things in the universe. If that assumption is true than the reality of heaven can exist. read my sig
In our image could also be emotional level of love, hate, anger, freewill etc

I gave you answers and you still attack me. I should the answers on a bibical level and you proclaim me wrong as if you are all knowing. Then again this is what I expect from a ath/ag
[edit on 21-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

((Apparently believing is seeing to you))....not exactly! i think logical explanation and common sense speak more and clearer words to me even if i never seen whatever it is!

you actually dont know what i believe all that you can tell is that i have my own opinion about the bible...but if the bible wasnt written by aliens who were tryin to give guidelines to man about how to evolve into a better species and become a better man..how come the book of the law which was authored by an alien to aleister crowley has the same case in point as the bible...

and if you read anton lavey's satanic bible the main point in it to is the same! i got the books sittin at home stacked on top eachother i know what i'm talkin about!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

((Apparently believing is seeing to you))....not exactly! i think logical explanation and common sense speak more and clearer words to me even if i never seen whatever it is!

you actually dont know what i believe all that you can tell is that i have my own opinion about the bible...but if the bible wasnt written by aliens who were tryin to give guidelines to man about how to evolve into a better species and become a better man..how come the book of the law which was authored by an alien to aleister crowley has the same case in point as the bible...

and if you read anton lavey's satanic bible the main point in it to is the same! i got the books sittin at home stacked on top eachother i know what i'm talkin about!

I'm to believe in that aleister crowley stuff? Well you are defiantly on the other side of the coin here. I've read the satanic bible and it tells you to be the best human ever by doing anything your hearts desire. I was a little impressed by it.

Also I don't think your authors are well informed. Your the same type of person who is interested in the Codex Giggas and always will share a tint for darker things. Majority of the people that you refer are incredibly self-centered egotistical monsters on whom created nothing but turmoil and pain towards people. Living like an animal (SIN) is not truly the route to be. Too much of a good thing can be harmful for anyone. although I am not here to tell you how to live but when we are all dead will all be sorted out. or not sorted out (consumed by mud and worms).

This can also be said about the Hebrew God as well. Although, as I recall you are to strike at humans and harm others. If a person smacks you slam them 10 times. That was the satanic bible way. I've also done much occult. Majority of these things should not be messed with. How is that Logic? Harming others and giving in to your animal side when compassion and care damn good things.

ANyways good luck with that
and yes I was a satanist.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

believe in wahtever the hell you want makes no difference to me your just another person i got into a discussion with on here with to me...but the main point made in the book of the law...love is the law but through out it like the bible are hidden codes that if you figure them out you will see

we have aliens watching over us! you know why we are considered so precious supposively cause we are the only intelligent species created by another species...all the other aliens in the universe had to evolve through nature!

we are about 4.5 billion(porbably off here but you'll get my point) years old the universe is 14 billion...how many other planets would say were evolving intelligent races for the last 8 or 10 billion years...that right there speaks alot to me!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I disagree with all that information. who created aliens? You can not say nature. Nature creates the flesh, the body, the shell. But consciousness is of the spirit. Then you would have to say that aliens created a conscious spirit in us. which will be delving in scientology.

Let us just agree to disagree. we are getting no where and I have wok to do

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join