It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on "The end of the world"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To all the people claiming that we are enduring more natural disasters than ever before:

Consider that we live in the only time period, ever, when events occurring at any place in the globe, can, for the first time reach a truly global audience (Hello internet age). My claim is that there may be a perceived higher rate of disasters simply because NOW we know about them more, on average. I think its also worth noting that recent technology has opened a totally new window on earth processes- with satellite imagery, for one example. Now that we are constantly connected with the globe through modern technology, we have a better idea of what was going on in the world than our grandparents did. Just imagine we were in 1900 right now. Do you think you would be hearing about tsunamis on the other side of the globe, or Earthquakes in the middle east?

That is my skeptical take on the situation.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

My take is that there are not really 'ends' but begin-agains.

Who knows when that will happen. Everything cycles. Look around....its like a law in the universe, it recycles.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There have been Mass Extinction Events in the past, we know this to be true through various scientific and archeological studies.

What we don't know is how they come to pass and if anything, or anybody has survived those in the past.

I think when the "world" ends, human beings will have long been dead and gone.

I think our present society is on the verge of destruction, but not anihilation.

~Keeper

This is pretty much my take on it, but the only thing im not to sure about is how the OP mentioned the various people who supported the 2012 destruction e.g. Mayans, Hopi etc. but these maybe have all came from one source well thats what I believe anyway

Who knows if there is a chance we don't survive maybe the insects will get a chance to run the world

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewKid
Who knows if there is a chance we don't survive maybe the insects will get a chance to run the world

I can just about see the future insect paleontologists now....

*Holding a human skull*
"As you can see, these primitive creatures had very insignificant eyes, and probably couldn't see very well..."

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Mine is pretty much Biblical..straight out of Revelation.

The world economy will go bust. There will be wars and rumors of wars. A confederacy of Islamic nations will try to invade Israel, Israel will stand alone...its allies waiting on the sidelines. Israel will defeat them.

There will be massive earthquakes and natural disasters. there will be signs in the heavens like spirals, massive solar flares, and mens hearts will tremble with fear.

The oceans will be poisoned, death of animals, fish, man.

Massive warfare, followed by hunger, disease, and death.

The world will cryout for a new and decisive leader, and he will emerge.

Europe will be reunited. A global government will then emerge, with 10 economic regions. All will switch to an electronic currency, followed by a mark.

The fundamentalists religions will not take the mark and will be persecuted and executed and proclaimed terrorists.

A comet/asteroid/cosmic body will crash into the earth wiping out 1/3 of all mankind... probably the north/south americas...everyone else is mentioned at the end but N/S America.

Chinese launch invasion of MidEast by way of Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq...the United Europe/NWO heads SE to meet them at Meggido...the Islamic armies go north and all thre collide at Harmma geddon...yup, Armegeddon...then the end comes.

I don't think that is Revelations you are pulling from. Revelations says nothing about a "confederate Islamic army". It doesn't speak of spirals or solar flares, but does say signs in the heavens. Massive warfare is called "history" and has been happening since recorded time. Revelations doesn't speak of the world crying out for a Leader. Europe is not mentioned once in the bible nor is China, Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq or United Europe and finally, the Valley of Megiddio, could never host the size army you are speaking about.

Though Revelations says nothing of what you've put forward, Hal Lindsey, Jack Van Impe and host of other people talk about what you've said, but the bible? Good thing God only keeps a tenth ehh?

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

On that Day We shall roll up the skies as written scrolls are rolled up ...
(Qur'an, 21:104)

There was a Big Bang, when the universe was rolled out (spread) and there will be a Big Crunch when universe will be rolled up (squashed) into nothingness again, until:

... as We brought into being the first creation, so We shall bring it forth anew ...
(Qur'an, 21:104)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What we don't know is how they come to pass and if anything, or anybody has survived those in the past.

The greatest mass extinction of all time was at the end of the Permian age. Lots of things died out, but life continued. Take the humble brachiopods. They made it through the mass extinction at the end of the Permian as did many things.

As far as 2012 is concerned - it's a lot of nothing. No end of world. No transformation or new age poo-ba event. It's going to be the same old - same old.

Things don't last forever stereo. just look at how the government is falling apart and as well as other places. Again people the universe doesn't revolve around you or me. It just gives us the middle finger when it wants too.

BTW I believe what will happen is we eventually with our destructive nature that we will finally work as a team to better humanity. Well, this is what I hope fore, but humans never change.....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Doom and gloom prophecies come quite often. There was 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, and now 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2029, 2035,

Here is a site with 220 predictions most of which went nowhere since we are well past the dates.
Library of Date setters for end of the world!

So pick a year, any year, and you can be as good an end date picker as any of the knuckle heads picking the dates long gone.

My techie date is 2038. That's when the UNIX boxes running our beloved internet will suffer date wrap. I predict that the internet will do unusual on that date. It's a scary prediction I know, but nothing of interest may happen except a few people will have to hit a retry button in their browser.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ancient men related the end of time to their personal end of life.

So base on that, I see the end of time way beyond my life in earth

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I believe in a lot of things. I believe that their are different dimensions within the universe. that being said heaven and hell is probably one of them. Think about that one for a moment.

The endless potential of different dimensions gives an endless potential for a heaven. or paradise.

In conclusion, I believe the outcome will be like stephan kings "THE MIST"

As far as natural disasters I have always been concern for astroids and comets. War is around the corner in the world right now and we can see a major change with the government creating conflict.

WW3 can happen in a single moment. That is the problem with people. They doubt this. Most of the world problems would probably start with the attack on israel, USA or england.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jordan River]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I believe in a lot of things. I believe that their are different dimensions within the universe. that being said heaven and hell is probably one of them. Think about that one for a moment.

The endless potential of different dimensions gives an endless potential for a heaven. or paradise.

That being said I believe the outcome will be like stephan kings "THE MIST"

If we don't get mature right now, and use OUR OWN PONTETIAL - we must die and leave, and we will - tomorrow (next 20 years). 100% sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

If we don't get mature right now, and use OUR OWN PONTETIAL - we must die and leave, and we will - tomorrow (next 20 years). 100% sure.

I don't see the government doing a good job. Too much corruption. Now I think if we put my generation up on the senate, government, office. We would see a major differances. Majority of people who are between 20-30 right now are very tolerant with a lot of stuff. race, sex, gender, etc etc

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I don't like the sound of it.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes I do understand that religious overviews are problematic with modern times. We need a new source of wisdom nowadays and we forgot the importance of wisdom. But I don't believe in a religion. I would have to say I'm all colors of every religion that I came up with my own spirituality. I don't need a church. Although I go for discipline and teaching. This helps me with my own self awareness. I'm more new age than old age. I guess

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

I agree. And I think humans have a long, long way to go. Our descendants may be very different 10,000 years from now, but they'll be around.

I really don't think there will be ANYTHING 10.000 years from now. Based on SIGNS I don't think the universe will last so long.
Yeah, I know, theoretically, it will last for at least another 10 billion years or so, before it starts to "crunch", but who's to say that couldn't happen like RIGHT NOW?
When I was a small child I also dreamed about how we will be in 10.000 or even 100.000 years, all the planets we would have colonized, and that trekkie stuff, but as I said, I do not believe that anymore.
Actually I do not believe we will EVER be around for so long as to advance to the point to visit/colonize the nearest habitable planet.

Too many things are happening, and too many of them are happening just as it was foretold (no, I am not talking about the Bible, see sig) - and if they keep happenning with this tempo, it is not millenia left and not even centuries, but rather years...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Stephen King's The Mist is your take on The End of the World?!

Thats like parallel universe theory...p.s. what do you think is going to open our world to this new world?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The Human Race is an experiment that has been allowed to run it's course. Soon, the beings that created this experiment will return to collect the results, after which they will terminate the experiment and maybe initiate a new one.

The world never ends, but civilization certainly does.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Thats like parallel universe theory...p.s. what do you think is going to open our world to this new world?

Large hadron collider. Also it is noted that peter an apostle of Christ had taken the keys. Majority of mainstream religion believe that these keys are indeed the keys to heaven. But what if it wasn't the keys to heaven? Either way you believe the spiral incidents that have been occurring around the world has me drooling in anticipation. I must add I do take in the fact that this may indeed be a rocket test. But if it isn't then what? It just sounds like a perfect cover up. Then again it could have been a rocket with all the logical answers spread throughout ats with maps and math. # math I hate it lol.

I am a man of logic, but I don't trust this world that we live in. This is not reality. This is not real life. If all nature comes from some energy then we must come from energy. Because we are apart of nature. But we rejected the experiment that is called eden and here we are living in pain and everyone accepts this, most who don't blame God. Negative positive energy

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by packinupngoin

If all nature comes from some energy then we must come from energy.

^A bit Tesla-ish.^

P.S. You said you were drooling in anticipation...do you want to see a Extinction Level Event? If so, why?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join