It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Only you can answer this question, and only answer it if you feel it is directed at you.

What Are You Afraid Of?

What is it? An ideal, a monster, a state of being? It could be anything. Spiders, nukes, 2012, aliens, the Devil, whatever.

Tell me what pops in your head first.

I'll start:

I'm afraid of falling asleep, and never waking up, with no afterlife whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The fear of God

is the beginning of Wisdom.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm afraid of indefinite reincarnation, remaining ignorant and confused for eternity. Also afraid of fear itself, because it is a rather useless feeling, and only destroys the person who fears and increases the power of what they fear. Luckily I've managed to mostly disassociate fear and other emotions when necessary, almost all the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Heights. That's about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No afterlife, that would suck!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am afraid of snakes, in real and on TV.
That's one of the reason why I love my country, no loose snakes here !

That's about it.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That is one thing I am afraid of as well. I have always wondered if that is why I have insomnia so bad. I am also afraid of nuclear weapons. They freak me out so bad. I saw some movie from the 80s about a nuke attack in the midwest and I didn't sleep right for a week. I have dreams about them and it's just scares the crap out of me. I don't like reading threads about them at all.

I am also afraid of spiders and flying. Spiders just creep me out with all their legs....Flying scares me because if it crashes you will most likely die. I have to fly 4th of July weekend and I am scared to death! I haven't flown in years but I will be flying a lot in the coming years and I have to learn to death with it or just get totally blitzed on the flight

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The dark. Well not the dark really. It is the unknown. I mean aren't we all afraid that there is a probability that anything could happen at any moment with no explanation why?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I fear having never done anything. I fear going thought life doing the 5 to 9 and never making a difference.

I want to be part of something.......something great. I want to carry the flame.

I also fear I will never find my soul mate.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Myself.

I guess "fear" feeds from doubt and ignorance. The more clouded your mind is, the more afraid you are.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

What Are You Afraid Of?

There is not much I am afraid of much but...

I am afraid that there is no outside help coming to help us help ourselves out of this ever spreading global mess and those that are here that we see often in the skies are not actually here for us (you and me) but are here for the elite and themselves.

Bizarre ‘in the air’ inferences by way of “I am the herald” (long story) is all well and good but I am afraid to my soul that the inexcusable carnage, the misery and the intolerance that washes against our sensibilities are set to continue because we are utterly enslaved to the whims of our own egos and to those war mongering low life pieces of human detritus we call our world leaders that have long since learned to use our egos against us.

I am afraid that we are in the lull before an approaching storm and I am afraid that we have no friends. I am afraid that when that storm hits no outsiders (looks up) will help us because they never actually saw us as being much more than energy containers, meat bags or dangerous contaminants that need to be keep under strict quarantine.

Happily I am an optimistic person by nature and I walk with hope but we all have our fears right?

Ex

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am afraid that my children will not have the chance
to grow and experience all the gifts life has to offer.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Getting stabbed or slashed with a knife. To many horror movies for me

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
probably the fear of being alone.. having no purpose in lifeee.. fortunatley i have lots of freinds and i have a great job however i could lose that in the blink of an eye..

the fear of loosing what i have.. and not been able to progess in life.. to die as a nobody

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Getting stabbed or slashed with a knife. To many horror movies for me

I a BIG horror fan. The original Japanese "Pulse" movie is probably one of the scariest things i have ever seen. Also The Shining's twins. And the part in "2010" when Bowman appears on the TV. And certain parts in Twin Peaks.

But they're not real. Or are they?..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am afraid that tomorrow will be worse than today, that I will be held responsible for not realizing my potential, that deep down inside myself, I know that I am wasting my life, and this is not good if I am a believer in judgment day, and I cannot NOT believe that I will ultimately be held responsible for whatever good and bad I have done, but that I could have done so much more, I know it, so God must know it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I 'll play.

Absolutly not a thing. I fear nothing cause I'ma bad Mo Fo. Nothing scares me, I scare everything. What is there to fear? I really can't -ok Black Widows. They do bother me. Not all spiders just black widows. I've had nightmares of the damn things when I was still in my crib and I still have them today. You know there isn't anything. Oh alright I do fear the Almighty I mean I'm known for that. Right! So throw that one in there too.
But as far as I know after those two. There really isn't any fear. Unless , I
guess, the oil spill as of late has put a kind of a chill up my spine. That would definetly be it though. Tell ya the truth lately I've been afraid of even going outside. No kidding, I go out the backdoor thirty seconds later I'm headed back in again. It's getting scary just going out into the world.
Come to think of it I'm afraid all the time and of everything.

Will you hold me?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Fear that there is no afterlife.

What would it matter ? You won't experience it. No hell or heaven. Everything just goes dark but even that you won't experience.

I fear the dark. My mind plays tricks with me I didn't ask for.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm afraid of the thought of not finding a true companion for life. Nothing else.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hello,

So, if I possess any fear; it's letting this secret be known outside myself.

I got scared and had to delete. Sorry.
[edit on (6/6/1010 by loveguy]

[edit on (6/6/1010 by loveguy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join