It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I fear living out my life in pain. I want a peaceful death.

I was in a car accident in 1969 that ½ paralyzed me, and I had an out-of-body experience on the roadside. Then just last year, in my wheelchair, another car hit me, broke my femur, and after 3 surgeries and 14½ months I am still in pain.

Anyone I know is not interested in conspiracies and my only enjoyment, in being mainly house and chair imprisoned, is 'losing myself' in forums like this, whereby I can see and read how others think, and stop thinking about the pain and the useless future ahead.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Death

I fear dying without a sense of "living my life to the fullest"
I fear this fear has brought me worry,
And this worry leads to fear; effectively
Im afraid this cycle of behavior might put me on the path to the dark side
And i fear i may never find the light

Im afraid I spend too much time reading about conspiracy theories
And less time experiencing life

Im afraid because along with me, I think most of mankind is still struggling with the existential terror that this is all there is

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My only fear is that the world will never change for the good........where greed, power and control are the holy trinity of earth.......and all us "useless eaters" never learn the real truth about anything........

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

way to go!

now all I can think about is spiders!

-runs out the room-

seriously...spiders...period

There is NO reason and thing needs that many legs...four is the max :-p

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I fear people who believe.

I believe people who experience.

To blindly believe is to beg for slavery.
So many people who believe THEY are right in what they say.
So many people who say THEIR God is the 'true' God.
They say that they KNOW that God exists.
There is not one single person alive or dead who does.
They can have an opinion and feel very strongly, to the point of mania or ecstasy, to the point that they will kill another to show that they are correct, but they KNOW nothing more than anyone else.

I am afraid of people who invoke an entity they can not prove exists and spread fear. Do as it is written here or you will suffer for ever and ever but don't forget, he loves you.

I understand my fears. I am no longer afraid.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I fear money..

[edit on 7-6-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm afraid I can't trust my boyfriend........no matter what he does my gut instinct that he's a cheater is still there.

Oh and spiders! I hate spiders!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

The good news is you can dump the boyfriend...

And kill the spiders.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You know...

I thought long and hard about this one, its a simple question of course and my answer might seem really arrogant or one that comes from stupidity but in honesty I feel I have faced my biggest fears in life.

I do have a fear of God but its not a terrifying fear because im on the right side. Its the kind of fear I would have if I did something wrong as a child if that makes sense.

Beyond that, I can honestly say now, no fear but what I make through my own actions.

Hope that makes sense and it should. Dont get me wrong, I used to fear things but theres no longer a need for it when you understand why you are here and where you are heading.

Ive never went without food and water as promised to me, that was probably the last real fear I ever had in this life so far.

Tell you one thing though, as soon as you rid yourself of fear of others and the world, life is nothing short of brilliant. Everyday is a lesson.

I like this thread, its always good to reflect when you can.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70

I was in a car accident in 1969 that ½ paralyzed me, and I had an out-of-body experience on the roadside. Then just last year, in my wheelchair, another car hit me, broke my femur, and after 3 surgeries and 14½ months I am still in pain.

Anyone I know is not interested in conspiracies and my only enjoyment, in being mainly house and chair imprisoned, is 'losing myself' in forums like this, whereby I can see and read how others think, and stop thinking about the pain and the useless future ahead.

I'm sorry you don't feel well, canadiansenior70. Perhaps you could check out some churches and community organizations in your area and they could help. It might be a good way to be able to go out and do some stuff and meet new people. God bless you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My phobia is strange, and there is no cure thankfully no matter who tries, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I fear having to come back to this God forsaken rock due to reincarnation, it honestly keeps me up at night. That! and insomnia are my biggest fears...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70

Your post touched me.

Thanks...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Im afraid of dieing alone which actual comes second to letting anyone i love die alone

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Funny you should ask.
While napping on the couch Sunday my kids decided to watch Jurassic park. I dreamed of being chased by a T-Rex. That was pretty scary as it was very vivid.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am afraid of the dark and I am afraid of the unknown.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'll start:

I'm afraid of falling asleep, and never waking up, with no afterlife whatsoever.

I think everyone contemplates, and inevitably fears, death at some point in their life. These types of questions used to drive me insane. My advice to you is to consider this: if there is nothing for you after death in this world then you will NOT have the self-awareness of existence when billions and billions of years pass by. There is no real point in worrying over something that is beyond our ability to understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm afraid of not being in control, which basically translates to being afraid of everything. I live my life in fear. I won't fly, i travel by car in the middle of the night when there is less traffic to have to keep my eyes on, i look both ways before crossing GREEN lights, i read every label while grocery shopping and it can take me 2-3 hours to buy a weeks worth of groceries, i don't trust doctors and avoid taking any medications, i don't keep my savings in the bank, i live my entire life being overly cautious about everything. In order to feel safe, i have to feel that i am in control, and in this world, that's almost impossible.

Oh and terrible fear of spiders too. Ever did a face plant in a banana spider's web?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Yikes. That sounds like your fear is controlling you, man. Sounds awful.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Paying too much taxes. Those greedy fat cats are rich enough as it is and do evil things with our money!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join