It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Flying, I really dont enjoy it at all and will probably never do it again after flying to Florida (the longest flight Ive ever done) - was like a living nightmare, very surreal. Its the not being in control of my own person at that time that I dislike a lot.

But..... I have flown in my dreams when I was a child and remember it fondly
So its Being flown that I dislike, not flying as such!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm affraid of lots of things .....

Dog's, Bear's, Killer Bee's, Dolphins, Shark's, Rabid Deer, Prison Rape, Dying alone, ....

But the thing that frightens me the most is, ...... myself !

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I fear having never done anything. I fear going thought life doing the 5 to 9 and never making a difference.

I want to be part of something.......something great. I want to carry the flame.

I also fear I will never find my soul mate.

I forgot to put wasps! One just flew into my room and I ran screaming and shouting like a ten year old girl haha

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lol. Randy.

Your too funny man.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nice thought provoking thread!

I'm afraid of more people going to/staying asleep than people waking up.

I'm afraid for the loss of imagination and vision from people.

I'm afraid people will become dumber as opposed to smarter.

I'm afraid of losing habitat for wildlife(and us) and number of species that are looking at extinction.

I'm afraid of giant Southern cockroaches(aka waterbugs) that fly, they are real and get to be 3 inches long, yuk! I grew up with them down in Louisiana. They feed on your eyebrows while sleeping!

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What are you afraid of?
I'm afraid of answering that question.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Funny, I happened to google for waterbug, and this is what wikipedia says:

American cockroach adults grow to an average length of around 4 centimetres (1.6 in) and about 7 millimetres (0.28 in) tall. They are reddish brown and have a yellowish margin on the body region behind the head. Immature cockroaches resemble adults except that they are wingless.

So what's the deal?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My ultimate fear is to be completely removed from any and all experience. By experience I mean communication with the universe and it's consciousness, including my own even if it meant suffering.
Oh and I have never set foot on an airplane, you couldn't pay me to!
Although I am fascinated by them.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by whitezombie93]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of apocalypse or 2012 or any of these disasters.. I'm mostly afraid of the people that are not prepared for these things. they are the weak link in surviving these things.. However my plans if any of these disasters do take place it so get as far away from society as possible till all these unprepared people kill each other off.

I site Katrina as a example.. it took less than a day for people to loot.. if that situation lasted a week longer you'd see much more violent acts than looting.. and thats in a very isolated incident that only effected a small amount on people. Think about it.. if it were really bad.. on a larger scale.. how would normally behaved people react?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

What can I say, they grow em' bigger down South?

pestworld.org...
SIZE: 2"

www.pestworldforkids.org...
Size: 2"

We have measured them growing up down there and okay, maybe they were 2.5 to 3 inches, but they were definitely closer to 3 inches when we laid them out on a ruler. (The bigger ones caught)

[edit on 6-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am afraid of heights (that includes flying), snakes, nukes, tornados (been thru a bad one). I am also afraid of being afraid

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
On a tangible level, I have a real phobia of heights and spiders, just bugs in general. They freak me the # out and I have no idea why.

Metaphysically speaking, I have this everpresent fear of failing in my life. Meaning basically, not living the life that I picture in my head and dream about, not being somebody. I am afraid that my life will pass me by and that I will have nothing to show for it.

There are probably others but these fears are the most constant, or come to mind most readily.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thank You for your answers, everyone...

I'm also afraid that we are the most advanced civilization in the universe, that WE are the first ones...

That would suck for the rest of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I fear that most people will never understand perfect love.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear : because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

"Fantastic Expectations Amazing Revelations
Final Execution And Resurrection
Free Expression As Revolution
Finding Everything And Realizing

You got the fear "

======================================

Going insane

or succumbing to `locked -in syndrome ` .

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Only you can answer this question, and only answer it if you feel it is directed at you.

What Are You Afraid Of?

i'm afraid of how eveyone on the planet is going to feel when they discover that "Look I Fear" is what has caused them to also be "Lose Cypher" because in reality thier only excuse will be that they will have to admit to themselves that they are Lucifer

two phrases, same ingredients:
Where God Is
Gee, Words. Hi!

Star Trek Capt. wi
Patrick Sterwart

Mainland Abuse
Usama bin laden

two phrases, same ingredients
simongray owner and founder
Sworn, And A Forum deny ignore

Three Phrases, identical ingredients:
Morons, A Superconductive Solutions!
Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordos Seclorum
On Apes' Code: Voluminous Instructors

Two phrases, identical ingredients:
Trusty Fire Lord: alpha omega
all of our the great pyramids

two phrases, identical ingredients:
A Lone Department
To end mental rape

But, perhaps, just maybe… I’m the crazy one?

Two phrases, identical ingredients:
Directive: Act Mental
Time Travel Accident

Just some of my thoughts about the concept of “fear”.
Can I wear fear, and look to see what it looks like in the mirror?

I'm afraid of falling asleep, and never waking up, with no afterlife whatsoever.

death is a choice to never feel at home where you were/are. life is deaths' choice to send you back where you came from with amnesia.

amnesia is a state of mind where you cannot define where it is you come from, and you cannot define where it is you are going, yet somehow you believe you know where you are.

Thanks,
E.T.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What am I afraid of?

That if I let anyone know the real me they wouldn't like me. I already don't like me so I figure why compound the problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
What am I afraid of?

That if I let anyone know the real me they wouldn't like me. I already don't like me so I figure why compound the problem.

I feel like giving you a hug .

Why don`t you like yourself ??

You cannot please everybody , those are the shifting sands beneath our feet.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I fear ,fear itself...I have relatives who are in a constant cloud of fear...Take my word for it when I say,that is no way to exist...

As for a after life...I know there is one...but I fear leaving for it to soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

You cannot please everybody , those are the shifting sands beneath our feet.

no, those are the manditory requirements that societies expectations palce on their own children that number so great no child born today can live long enough to learn all the manditory requirements.

manditory requirements = laws
societies expectations = laws

so, what is the number of laws required to comply with my own "kins'" expectations?

please include all the local, state, and federal laws please.

a brief history of common sense:
actions and behaviors are reflections of a person's intentions, not the words. actions and behaviors speak louder than words.

"Home" is where family and friends are.

friends do not place expectations on friends that number so great the "friend" will not live long enough to learn them all. this is not an example of love, nor is it an example of making someone feel at "home".

family does not place expectations on famliy that number so great that "family" will not live long enough to learn them all. this is not an example of love, nor is it an example of making someone fell at "home"

so if you are currently participating in a system that is paying lawmakers to make more laws, when they themselves don't know the laws that exist, nor could they write them from memory ... yet they manditorily expect compliance ....

if you aren't my "friend" and you aren't my "family", then who and what are you?

just some thoughts,
E.T.

p.s.

G.O.D. = Governments of Dollars???

fear is what disables reason and free thinking.

seperation of church and state?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join