It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do Christians worship Jesus as if he were God?

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Frankidealist35
 



Um, if you look directly at the Christian texts they all say that he is the Son of God. Even the texts saying that he is Godlike, or, that he is with God, or, that he is one with God, admit that he is the Son of God, and that the Father is different from the Son. Take a look at this. He may have been God in the flesh- as to what the scripture says- when he came to Earth, but, he isn't God. I believe that's only because the spirit of the father was with him.


You are not looking at the "Christian text". The text says that God is a spirit.
How can the spirit of the father be with Jesus if he is a spirit.How can a spirit have a spirit?
It Holy Spirit is what joined with the egg of a woman and created Jesus, who is 100% man, as well as 100% God.




posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 
"Everyone" does not have the Spirit within them only those who are born again, or as Jesus said, born of the Spirit and water.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 
"Everyone" does not have the Spirit within them only those who are born again, or as Jesus said, born of the Spirit and water.



I dont come to start chaos...but this is wrong.

Life can not exists without the Spirit.

All my best
LV



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 
"Everyone" does not have the Spirit within them only those who are born again, or as Jesus said, born of the Spirit and water.



I dont come to start chaos...but this is wrong.

Life can not exists without the Spirit.

All my best
LV
I base what is true from false with what the Lord has to say. And the Lord states otherwise. Not all flesh has the Spirit of the living God within it. Only those chosen by God, to be his sons and daughters.

John 15:16

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."


Everyone who has faith is given the Holy Spirit. (Romans 10:13; Galatians 3:14)



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree with this. Do you?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Frankidealist35
 



Um, if you look directly at the Christian texts they all say that he is the Son of God. Even the texts saying that he is Godlike, or, that he is with God, or, that he is one with God, admit that he is the Son of God, and that the Father is different from the Son. Take a look at this. He may have been God in the flesh- as to what the scripture says- when he came to Earth, but, he isn't God. I believe that's only because the spirit of the father was with him.


You are not looking at the "Christian text". The text says that God is a spirit.
How can the spirit of the father be with Jesus if he is a spirit.How can a spirit have a spirit?
It Holy Spirit is what joined with the egg of a woman and created Jesus, who is 100% man, as well as 100% God.


LOL.
Did you ever try to get 200% of an amount of water into a glass?
It falls to the floor.

Check any math book. You reason at a grade 2 level and fail at that.

Regards
DL



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Frankidealist35
 



Um, if you look directly at the Christian texts they all say that he is the Son of God. Even the texts saying that he is Godlike, or, that he is with God, or, that he is one with God, admit that he is the Son of God, and that the Father is different from the Son. Take a look at this. He may have been God in the flesh- as to what the scripture says- when he came to Earth, but, he isn't God. I believe that's only because the spirit of the father was with him.


You are not looking at the "Christian text". The text says that God is a spirit.
How can the spirit of the father be with Jesus if he is a spirit.How can a spirit have a spirit?
It Holy Spirit is what joined with the egg of a woman and created Jesus, who is 100% man, as well as 100% God.


LOL.
Did you ever try to get 200% of an amount of water into a glass?
It falls to the floor.

Check any math book. You reason at a grade 2 level and fail at that.

Regards
DL


"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." —Matthew 19:26

You are good at reasoning like a man.

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness." -- 1 Corinthians 3:19







posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


We are at war.This war is with devil,not the unbeliever.The only way to defeat the devil is not by letting unbelievers "find their own way" as you so put it.but to fight for them not against them thus by converting, not defeating or destroying.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
We are at war.This war is with devil,not the unbeliever.


i'm not fighting the devil.
i'm fighting 'those who would destroyeth the earth.'

i'm thinking that is the only war going on.
*armageddon* as they say.

this so-called devil war might very well be a test, in distraction-ability.
distracted by a false enemy and letting the real enemy glide right on by.


The only way to defeat the devil is not by letting unbelievers "find their own way" as you so put it.but to fight for them not against them thus by converting, not defeating or destroying.


so it is better to interfere with, or prevent, the use of their human right of free will?

by exercising your own free will, you seek to interfere with that of someone else?

in order to save them?

i thought it was GOD who saved and none other.

GOD our FATHER has saved every soul....but now we are called upon to help our MOTHER the EARTH.

i don't want to be without a father OR a mother!

what does it matter if GOD has saved humanity, or even just the *christians*, if there is NO PLACE to safely dwell???!?~



even if your criteria leaves me out of your paradise/heaven/millenial rule...
i will still fight to save your world for you and your descendants.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38
 


Very good points queenannie...I do agree.

I think the idea of a 'end' and 'salvation' distracts the believers of the book from our true purpose. I think we are to bring the highest vision of our species as a unit on this sphere...to Earth. I think it is our duty to figure out how to care for her in a united way.

To me, if and when we can accomplish such things...then we have moved mountains, then we have brought the heavens, to Earth.

I think your are correct with the idea of the 'devil' being a idea to distract certain beings. The idea of a Holy book distracts them as well.

Free will guides the way in that we do make our choices of how to live...the beauty of it all is that God has made it to where through reaping what we sow, we keep learning....and keep trying.

I also think the idea of 'salvation' is a distraction. It is a path that causes a being to get caught up in the concern of the 'self' and keeps them from truly, in the deepest way, being of service to others. The ones that look for the ride home and seek rewards while others still are suffering, learning....is to me, a selfish path. Not that they will be punished....but they will have to learn why this is not a divine path...through reaping this seed somehow. The path of self...only leads to a place that...one will eventually see...the path of self must be abandoned, and the path of living for their other selves, the others that are still learning....is the path that is, for the Divine purpose.

To find the light in even the darkest of souls...is Divine.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


We are at war.This war is with devil,not the unbeliever.The only way to defeat the devil is not by letting unbelievers "find their own way" as you so put it.but to fight for them not against them thus by converting, not defeating or destroying.


There is no devil...there are lower selves of us...but there is no devil.

God intended there to be many paths to Thee...even within the blueprint of the Universe that recycles all things and follows a law of offering life to life....can teach a person about the Divine purpose of our souls.

God needs no war...there is nothing that threatens God....dont you see that> You must raise your standards for what is perfect and holy.

Nothing is a threat to God...for all things of Thee is absolutely perfect. The war is within us...sifting out our Earthly selves and seeing the spiritual being within...living for the spiritual being more then the Earthly self. We all have lower and higher within us. The lower being the material bodies and existence. If you want to call that the devil you can...

God is not at war...the heavens are not at war.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


To think the idea of the Holy Spirit being given to us all based on faith...is very far from the intentions of the heavens.

Faith has little to do with it. Your inner deepest nature is weighed....the nature of 'what you choose to live for' is measured. There are unbelievers that are closer to the nature of the Spirit then some believers.

Its not about faith or belief. Its about our inner nature. Many markers have been set to weigh what a being is in need of. Religion, is one of these markers. The idea of salvation is a marker. Even the new age concept of 'ascension' is a marker. A belief....reflects the beings nature. What a being places faith is...is like a mirror of their inner being.

Life can not be...without the offering of the Holy Spirit. There is much needed understanding of this...for there is no existence of life without the Holy Spirit.

Even though the Holy Spirit is within us all...does not mean a being must or will be aware of that.

Its more like 'awakening' then 'accepting'.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


To think the idea of the Holy Spirit being given to us all based on faith...is very far from the intentions of the heavens.

Faith has little to do with it. Your inner deepest nature is weighed....the nature of 'what you choose to live for' is measured. There are unbelievers that are closer to the nature of the Spirit then some believers.

Its not about faith or belief. Its about our inner nature. Many markers have been set to weigh what a being is in need of. Religion, is one of these markers. The idea of salvation is a marker. Even the new age concept of 'ascension' is a marker. A belief....reflects the beings nature. What a being places faith is...is like a mirror of their inner being.

Life can not be...without the offering of the Holy Spirit. There is much needed understanding of this...for there is no existence of life without the Holy Spirit.

Even though the Holy Spirit is within us all...does not mean a being must or will be aware of that.

Its more like 'awakening' then 'accepting'.
That's what the Word says, if you have issue with that then that's on you. I'm a Biblicist, God's Word is my final authority on matters.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And just as though your banking your soul on the idea that God's word was left to us all in a book....is on you.

I think we are both well aware of this...surely. Our choices, are most defiantly, upon us.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

but now we are called upon to help our MOTHER the EARTH.



I am not religious, but I agree with you.

When all the Land is poisoned
and all the Forests are burnt
and all the fish taken from the sea
people will realize they cannot eat money.

We do not inherit this earth from our ancestors,
We have it on loan from our grandchildren.


All the best.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not to be mod-like in anyway but
Uhm
Could we please get back to the topic of the bible clearly stating Jesus is Gods son, not God himself as in the false religous dogma that claims Jesus and our Father are one person in a mythical trinity?

When before Jesus death, he prayed "Father if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevetheless not my will, but thine, be done" Luke 22:42
What's that supposed to mean, are these words meaningless?

Or how about Jesus stating he doesn't know everything that His Father knows Matthew 24:36 "but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my Father only"

Sounds like two seperate persons to me...

on the side note, about the Holy Spirit...Jesus said it was coming after him...John 14:16,26..sent by the Father, and in his name... Not that the Father, and the Son as one spirit will come to them...anyways, the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, or God's Active Force is an entirely seperate subject.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Not to be mod-like in anyway but
Uhm
Could we please get back to the topic of the bible clearly stating Jesus is Gods son, not God himself as in the false religous dogma that claims Jesus and our Father are one person in a mythical trinity?

When before Jesus death, he prayed "Father if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevetheless not my will, but thine, be done" Luke 22:42
What's that supposed to mean, are these words meaningless?

Or how about Jesus stating he doesn't know everything that His Father knows Matthew 24:36 "but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my Father only"

Sounds like two seperate persons to me...

on the side note, about the Holy Spirit...Jesus said it was coming after him...John 14:16,26..sent by the Father, and in his name... Not that the Father, and the Son as one spirit will come to them...anyways, the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, or God's Active Force is an entirely seperate subject.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]
not to sound like I am name calling or anything but you sir are a Dim Witt.Meaning that your witts or knowledge on the subject of biblical theology is dim. Of course there are three individual persons, However if you happened to use that wet noodle that the good lord gave you and "theorize" you would see that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit all share the same identical nature.That being the nature of the all mighty God.



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks for not name calling.

I guess there are different versions of the trinity.

I am refering to this kind=
"Each person is understood as having the one identical essence or nature, not merely similar natures. Since the beginning of the third century[5] the doctrine of the Trinity has been stated as "the one God exists in three Persons and one substance, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."[6] Trinitarianism, belief in the Trinity, is a mark of Roman Catholicism, Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy as well as of the "mainstream traditions" arising from the Protestant Reformation, such as Anglicanism, Baptist, Methodism, Lutheranism and Presbyterianism."

en.wikipedia.org...

I totally agree with you these are three seperate entities.
I totally agree they are of the same intentions, goals, purpose...Jesus himself said he came to do the will of his father and the spirit being Gods active force would not do anything of its own accord.
Jesus in his original form, being Gods firstborn certainly is closest to God in every way, and as you have stated before like his Father, the image of his Father.

I reject the version of the trinity that says Jesus IS GOD, that he should be worshiped, that they are one person.
(Luke 18:19) 19 Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.


I do not need to theorize and come to conclusions that are not present in the bible.
Olivoil, I have taken notice you really like them emoticons...here ya go



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom
 


LOL.Sorry Im just so tired of people using the scriptures in the literal sense when there is clearly a bigger picture that was intended. Heres one for ya



posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have some good ones for oliveoil that express my feelings quite well.

:bnghd:







:bash:



Since it is a waste of time to quote scripture and discuss the topic with her/him.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Blue_Jay33]



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join