It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism will never die in America!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah I never got the *-American thing either. Still yet if everyone would just stop the pretend games and stop forced racism (forcing people of different colors to live together.) that would all but end the problem. As long as everyone would stayed on their side of the tracks there would be no more problems. That is the way things should be in the real world. Every race has its own country. If everyone would just go back to their home countries and stay there 95 percent of societies problems and world conflict would be over with. Just as simple as that.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Reactor]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
It doesnt help the situation that you americans all refer to yourselfs as african-americanr, italian-americans, latin-americans and on down the line.. All that does is further separate you. If your born in a country and live there your a citizen of that country not some hybrid mix nonsense that you all spout. Its all stupidity EVERYONE is human race, nationality, religion along with all the other idiotic things you divide yourselfs by cause all the problems you complain about. Start thinking like human beings for a change..

I totally agree with that statement. Thats where the racism comes in. I myself would prefer not use African, or Latin American...its irrevelant! The reason that its thats way here...is because most people believe in racial inferiority and superiority, which is sad and ignorant. I'm well traveled and I've been to many countries where I know racism exist, but it doesn't seem as pervasive as it is here in the states.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am still don't understand
Hispanic is a White race from Spain
According to the Census.
So white people saying make the
White people in the picture a little whiter is racist?
And the president is half white?

In U.S. census documents, the designation white overlaps, as do all other official racial categories, with the term Hispanic or Latino, which was introduced in the 1980 census as a category of ethnicity, separate and independent of race.

en.wikipedia.org...

This Story in my mind is like when the KKK would try to hang whites.

Are the Whites in United States trying to Hang Whites in Arizona?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
I am still don't understand
Hispanic is a White race from Spain
According to the Census.
So white people saying make the
White people in the picture a little whiter is racist?
And the president is half white?

In U.S. census documents, the designation white overlaps, as do all other official racial categories, with the term Hispanic or Latino, which was introduced in the 1980 census as a category of ethnicity, separate and independent of race.

en.wikipedia.org...

This Story in my mind is like when the KKK would try to hang whites.

Are the Whites in United States trying to Hang Whites in Arizona?

If the hispanic people were truly seen as white, this would not be a debate. What about painting the black faces white? In this country, white is seen a superior and any people darker than white, are inferior.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have not seen a statement from the Artist
Did They say they were White Black or Hispanic?
Or did they just paint a picture that has people in it and the observers have made them White Black or Hispanic?
and turned art into a Race Issue?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So if you look at a picture and see
White black or Hispanic are you racist?
Because I think it is just a Picture of People!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So is the Artist Racist
or the People that look at Picture?
This is the debate of Art
How was it proposed
and how did the people take it?
So in Future Pictures if it is GOP needs more Red?
More Blue If Dem.
Eliminate the Two Party System if you want to Eliminate Racism!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
So if you look at a picture and see
White black or Hispanic are you racist?
Because I think it is just a Picture of People!

It would be nice if everyone were colorblind...but its not like that here in America my friend. Racism exists!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you watch sports you are in Racist Training
I want the Blue team to Smear the Red team all over the Field!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Racism may not die but according to results released June 4 2010 1 in seven marriages are interracial.

So it may not die but it will be breed out of existence someday.

link

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I believe racism is the result of a primitive instinct which dates back to the time when humans were hunter-gatherers and lived in tribes. Back in those days, you'd instantly fear (therefore hate, and want to kill) anything that moved yet looked different to you and your tribe.

Unfortunately, this remnant of our past is interfering with our modern multi-cultural society today. Hopefully it'll die off eventually, along with the appendix and tail bone.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Egypt to strip men married to Israelis of citizenship

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
More Help to Call AZ Racist
They can boycott us but every protester
For or Against spends money here to get home.
And like you said heck a few might hit it off and get married.
Its kind of like Alice Cooper
No more Mr. Nice Guy but it made him rich and which State did he Retire In?

www.abc15.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Since the Media is not reporting fairly
I guess I can too!

Millions start calling for Lynching of AZ Residents
Americans Chanting in Streets
AZ is Racist!

Thousands buy tickets in advance.
Stay tuned in for future Lynchings in AZ!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reactor
...stop forced racism (forcing people of different colors to live together.) that would all but end the problem. As long as everyone would stayed on their side of the tracks there would be no more problems.

What a quant idea!

You mean that everyone of a particular skin color should ramain in theit own bit of land and not be allowed to travel? Does that include ALL of the different hues? No more trips to Africa for anyone who isn't black and vice versa. I dare say it might cripple tourism.
Of course, that would also stop any ethnic mingling. That would have to be treated as a criminal act in your scenario.

That is the way things should be in the real world.

I don't think I like your 'real' world AT ALL.

Every race has its own country.

**Note to Reactor**

There is only ONE race. Trust me on this.

If everyone would just go back to their home countries and stay there 95 percent of societies problems and world conflict would be over with. Just as simple as that.

Interesting concept.

The problem is little countries with huge populations. Those darned Scots, Irish, Dutch, French, Spanish, English, Italians, Germans, etc., just won't have enough room if they all went back like you say.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Reactor]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Racism is alive and well. However, it has taken a totally different face, in my opinion. No longer are a lot of white people racist against minorities. Instead, caucasians are under a microscope so that anything they do, even criticizing someone of color or voting in favor of enforcing border laws, gets them called a racist. The tables have turned and now white people have to tip toe around minorities under the fear of being called racist.

Racism will never die because people fight over the smallest things, like the mural on a school. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Racism may not die but according to results released June 4 2010 1 in seven marriages are interracial.

So it may not die but it will be breed out of existence someday.

link

And I was Married To A Hispanic
So I understand more then the some of the People calling Racist.
Daily being put down as the white guy that married one of them!
So don't tell me about racism.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Historymajor

Racism will never die anywhere.. And I think a lot of the efforts to try to "end" racism actually create racism .. take kids for example, white kids and black kids can be best friends, and never question race or even think about it. That is until adults tell the black kids the white kids ancestors used to own them, and tell the white kids that because of this they should feel guilty.. and then distrust settles in, suspicion, and ultimately the two are no longer friends because of irrational feelings developed from adults for the sake of "ending racism".

Just my opinion .. from my own experiences attending a small Catholic school where race was never discussed, not in history, not in social studies, never, anywhere.. and I never once in 10 years of school there thought about race, never heard racist jokes, and the blacks, Asians and whites all got a long.. until public schools where everyone seemed to be a racist bigot.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As a black american born and raised in the southeastern US, I was brought up in the very shadow of civil rights era activists. Literally.

Back then, and to a disheartening degree even today, 'racist' and 'racism' were always, without fail and without question , SOMETHING THAT ONLY WHITES WERE AND ONLY WHITES FELT.

Of course, the times, they were-a-changing, and the opinions of my youth eventually gave way to other opinions after 30 years of studying cultural group dynamics and demographic shifts.

Now, what I once saw as a simple 'problem with the white folk' has morphed into an ugly reality that has at times left me scratching my head and wondering how fast Dr. King would spin in his grave if he could see exactly how racism has been 'eradicated'.

Because it hasn't been, and no, it very likely never will be. The reasons it will never be, in my view, are simple and due to two main reasons:

1. Human beings are incredibly visually reliant. We lack a dogs nose or a cats hearing---we see things, we notice things. Then we mentally categorize and catalog what we visually see. And we SEE skin tone. We may deny that, or be unaware of that, but on some level, we notice it( as well as gender,size, etc). And once noticed, mental connections are made based on social or environmental association whether deep or shallow, right or wrong. As social, interactive creatures, we have had to recognize-catalog-react throughout our history. And we always shall.

But surprisingly, IMO, visual indicators aside, we could overcome racial/group disharmony if not for the second main reason.

2. Cultural differences and incompatibilities. Probably originated due to the first reason originally.But these are mislabeled as 'racial' issues when in fact it is a cultural divide that is the true roadblock to harmony between groups. Hispanics are almost a text book example due to the fact they are NOT a racially exclusive group and factually the majority of 'hispanics' self-identify as white. (Inner city black youth slang for Mexican? Great white hope.)

Point being, it is the cultural divide that separates one group from any other combined with the visually triggered(even if subtle) social associations that have caused, and very likely always will make sure , that racism is alive and well as long as people are.

The term 'racism' itself may have to be redefined, true, but I am afraid the mechanism that drives it will never leave us.

Just my thoughts.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Racism will never die anywhere in the world.

I worked in Africa for a while.

Did you know that light blacks discriminate against dark blacks?

I also worked in Arabia.
Did you know that light Saudis discriminate against dark Saudis?

I'm sure that you know about India & China.

The only place that I've been that seems to get along with all shades is Brazil and maybe the UK.

It's world wide. Don't just go raggin' on the US.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join