It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism will never die in America!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
Racism will never die anywhere in the world.

I worked in Africa for a while.

Did you know that light blacks discriminate against dark blacks?

I also worked in Arabia.
Did you know that light Saudis discriminate against dark Saudis?

I'm sure that you know about India & China.

The only place that I've been that seems to get along with all shades is Brazil and maybe the UK.

It's world wide. Don't just go raggin' on the US.

I'm not saying its just the US. I'm only focusing on the US because this is where I was born and reside. I'm aware that racism is everywhere in the world, but thats not the topic of discussion.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
Racism will never die anywhere in the world.

I worked in Africa for a while.

Did you know that light blacks discriminate against dark blacks?

I also worked in Arabia.
Did you know that light Saudis discriminate against dark Saudis?

I'm sure that you know about India & China.

The only place that I've been that seems to get along with all shades is Brazil and maybe the UK.

It's world wide. Don't just go raggin' on the US.

But on a broader topic...I agree with you one hundred percent. I'm well traveled as well...and I've seen racism in every country that I've been too. It's pervasive...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Historymajor

i looked it up, and the slavery that took place in america was not the worst slavery that ever took place, your wrong. the worst form of slavery was the muslim slave trade. they used the women as sex toys and either killed or castrated the men. plan and simple genocide, no future! that is the worst kind of slavery, at least here in the americas out slaves eventually gained freedom and a place in our society. many even returned to africa.

but your right racism will never die. the levels of reverse racism and afirmative action will only create a backlash, a new wave of racism. growing up i had nothing to do with racism in the 60s or slavery in the ninteenth century. most white people didnt, all of my family and the bulk of contemporary white people didnt migrate to this country till after the revolution. your right that racism will never die, but your wrong for why the reasons it wont. every action has a positive and negative reaction

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Racism has always been around and always will be whether in America or other places in the world. I've traveled to over 40 different countries and have seen and experienced it first hand.

Try going to Japan and entering an establishment that says "No Gajin" i.e. No Foreigners. Or try being a Korean in Japan and see how you're treated. Try being someone of bi-racial ethnicity in Korea. You're treated as a second class citizen or worse, same in Vietnam and most Asian countries. Or how about the Aussies and the Aborigines?

Racism is worldwide not just in the USA. America is just a popular and convenient target.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil

i looked it up, and the slavery that took place in america was not the worst slavery that ever took place, your wrong. the worst form of slavery was the muslim slave trade. they used the women as sex toys and either killed or castrated the men. plan and simple genocide, no future! that is the worst kind of slavery, at least here in the americas out slaves eventually gained freedom and a place in our society. many even returned to africa.

but your right racism will never die. the levels of reverse racism and afirmative action will only create a backlash, a new wave of racism. growing up i had nothing to do with racism in the 60s or slavery in the ninteenth century. most white people didnt, all of my family and the bulk of contemporary white people didnt migrate to this country till after the revolution. your right that racism will never die, but your wrong for why the reasons it wont. every action has a positive and negative reaction

I believe the worst case of slavery is debatable...it's subjective. There is no given fact. I should have said...I BELIEVE, the worst case of slavery was...

Because here in America, women were used as sex toys, raped by their white oppressors, men were castrasted, hung for disobedience, men and women were used as ginea pigs for the new surgical procedures,(basically mutilated) familes were separated, men and women were mated like horses in order to produce the biggest and strongest slaves, they were whipped to the point of death, prohibited from education, fed the slop like pig intestines, were considered to be 3/5 of a human being...EVEN IF THEY WERE FREE, and even before all slaves made it to America, as soon as they arrived in the Caribbean they were seasoned (beaten, as in broken in, so they could get an understanding as to what was to come).

These slaves eventually gained their "freedom" after the Civil war, but what about the ones who were before them? What about the ones who arrived here in the 17th and 18th century? They were in the same position of the slaves in the Muslim slave trade. I'm sure you and I could write a thorough paper on which slave trade was the worst, and can find evidence to back it up...but again, I believe it would be subjective. African slaves were believed to have a higher propinquity with animals than human beings. To me...I believe that that was the worst...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spazzy
america is one of the few countries that even pretends to not be racist. go live in saudi arabia for a while and then tell america how racist we are.

jesus you act like someone was stoned to death or something. were you just as bothered when white firefighters were denied promotions? i doubt it.

grow up, no one cares.

Are you serious? Listen I'm just giving ATS information thats out there, and speaking about the race issues in AMERICA. Not OVERSEAS...as I have been there plenty of times and I'm aware that there is racism all over the world. But I'm not talking about that...I'm talking about the racism HERE in America. I'm don't believe that anyone is acting like someone was stoned to death...this is a forum, and dialogue is not a bad thing mate. Isn't that was ATS is for? What does white firefighters have to do with this topic? I didn't bring up the African American unemployment rate, or how the Hispanics are basically modern day slaves in the fields picking our vegetables and fruits either...so why address the firefighters. I presented this thread with an article...and I spoke about racism in GENERAL. You don't have to comment if it really bothers you...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reactor
I read some place lately that we are all one race. The human race. But yes I agree racism will never die. I see people all the time who pretend their not a racist but in the evening they drive their SUV's home to their Racially identified neighbor hoods where the people call the cops when they see a different skin color walking down the street and hide behind their curtians going "Oh my god. We have to move if they see a different color walking down the street". Then the next day at work say a racial word in front of them and they are like "Oh my god did you hear that?". Even for people of color they can throw the blows but call one of them a racist and not be their color and the fight is on though some of them will say your right. I hate those people.

I say the experiments have failed. It is time to back to the old ways. Let everyone pay taxes to their community of their own color and go to school with their own color. Let the other colors take care of themselves. The experiments have failed its over with. It is time for everyone to except things as they are. Ever race belongs to their own kind and it is wrong and racist to force different racist to live together. The age of TV has warped our minds. This is not fantasy iland. Lets drop these pretend games and go back to the way it was. Not with slaves but with each to their own kind. Lets stop pretending. Lets stop the games.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Reactor]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Reactor]

I don't agree with this idea. That means that no one can interact with eachother? Its not an experiement, this is how things should be. There should be no inferior or superior race. Even if people were to separate...you mean to tell me that I can't travel to Europe because I'm black? Or Asia....No sir! I can't agree. We all learn from one another. The intermingling of cultures has taught me a lot. Again I'm black, African America, Afro American...what ever label America has given me...and I have friends all over the world who are just as color blind as I am. I don't feel that I have a higher propinquity with another black person, just because our skin tone is the same...I feel that I'm more connected with like-minded people, black, white, green or neon orange. Color has never mattered. I only agree with one thing you opined...we are the human race! To me...we are all equal.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
"White Trash"

sounds just as racist as the folks you are condeming, the whole thing sound like a set up for for the protest crowd , Prescot Arizona is like 93 percent white, makes no sense for the mural to be painted the way it was , it certainly doesnt represent the racial makeup of the school.

Do you apologists for racism just make this crap up. Because if you exclude persons of Hipanic ethnicity from the definition of "white, the last census found 82% of Prescott's county to be "white" quickfacts.census.gov...
BTW, speaking of schools, you must have missed the year where they taught about contractions like doesn't for does not, and the use of apostrophes. And the lesson about seperation of city and state names by a comma was missed or ignored. If you're going to spew this garbage, at least make it grammatically correct garbage. And according to a Central AZ paper, it's real and not a "setup." www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I dislike this title. It is misleading. It's not that racism will never die in America, it's that racism will simply never die.

eidt: just thought I'd toss this out there, I am puerto rican and proud

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jacktherer]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Racism. Bigotry. Hatred for that which dares, through no fault of its own, to be different. The story of man. Until man becomes the same, worships the same, talks the same, has the same amount of pigment in their skin...in other words identical, there is going to be this hate.

Or until man evolves enough to realize that true strength lies in our differences rather than our sameness. When the majority of us celebrate our differences rather than condemn them, that is when we'll see the end of bigotry. No sooner, no later...

I look back over the course of my life, nearly fifty years worth, and I see the changes that have taken place, and I have real hope for the future. There are still problems, only a true idiot would say there aren't...but only that same sort of idiot would say that things haven't improved dramatically from where they once were.

Instead of looking only at the very real wrongs being done, look also at the very real changes for the better that have occured, and are occurring in our lives.

Jim Crow is dead. Blacks and women can vote. The Irish can actually go into buildings now. ...and so on, and on...

Cup is half empty, and half full.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You're right about racism being a part of this country from the start. As far as Europeans "discovering" it, I don't think so. When the first ships came with illegal immigrants, the Indians were standing on the shores saying, "Look, boats!"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You're right about racism being a part of this country from the start. As far as Europeans "discovering" it, I don't think so. When the first ships came with illegal immigrants, the Indians were standing on the shores saying, "Look, boats!"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer
I dislike this title. It is misleading. It's not that racism will never die in America, it's that racism will simply never die.

eidt: just thought I'd toss this out there, I am puerto rican and proud

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jacktherer]

I'm African American...and I'm proud as well. I don't even usually put my "race" out there...but I don't think the tittle is misleading, simply because the article is about racism in Arizona, which happens to be in America. We can create another thread an talk about racism in the world...but I chose to focus on this little country.

I agree with you that racism will you never die...in general. But thats another topic in itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark

You misinterpreted what I was saying...I said, when the Europeans came to America...or even as they said, when Colombus "discovered" America...
I understand that the Indians were here before, and I'm the first one to say that the Europeans came to the Americas, raped and pillaged, enslaved and enforced their religion on a people that were doing just fine without it. It was the Europeans that thought that they were savages simply because they didn't act as they did.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey I'm doing my own thing to kill racism...I got two boys that you just can't quite tell what ethnic group they come from since they have about five in them...hehe

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Racism. Bigotry. Hatred for that which dares, through no fault of its own, to be different. The story of man. Until man becomes the same, worships the same, talks the same, has the same amount of pigment in their skin...in other words identical, there is going to be this hate.

Or until man evolves enough to realize that true strength lies in our differences rather than our sameness. When the majority of us celebrate our differences rather than condemn them, that is when we'll see the end of bigotry. No sooner, no later...

I look back over the course of my life, nearly fifty years worth, and I see the changes that have taken place, and I have real hope for the future. There are still problems, only a true idiot would say there aren't...but only that same sort of idiot would say that things haven't improved dramatically from where they once were.

Instead of looking only at the very real wrongs being done, look also at the very real changes for the better that have occured, and are occurring in our lives.

Jim Crow is dead. Blacks and women can vote. The Irish can actually go into buildings now. ...and so on, and on...

Cup is half empty, and half full.

I can agree with everything you just stated. I'm not as old, nor have I seen as many things as you. But the stories that I've heard from my parents, grand parents, professors, books that I've read, historical periods that I've studied all support what you opined...things have changed, and is constantly changing. Its unfortunate that its taken so long! I'm hoping that one day, a dramtic change will take place and people all around the world would finally see that we are all equal. Wishful thinking...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Wishful thinking? Maybe... But from such "wishful thinking" are changes wrought. Any positive social/societal change is a good thing, no matter how slow, or lurching it may be.

The changes are there to be celebrated, and used to keep the enthusiasm for further change alive... Never lose sight of the very real positive changes, or it can be deflating when bad things happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm from Vancouver Canada and I will share a little of what it's like to be in a supposedly "white" Greater Vancouver Regional District. I will say that this area is now starting to look like a representation of the rest of the planet.

To the south, we have the city of Richmond, predominately Chinese. You can't even read half the signs in the city. I have heard rumours that people who can read mandarin can get an automatic lower price than those who can't read mandarin. Especially in restaurants.

To the east you have Surrey, predominately Indian (not Native Indian)

To the north in North Vancouver, there are the Persians. I like this area because they are very welcoming to us "whiteys".

And in little pockets around the district are little enclaves of Italians, French, and other ethnocentric identities. The only culture that doesn't really have an 'area' are the Japanese..

Oh and let's not forget the gays who have pretty much taken over most of the downtown west end but we're not counting them here.

Anyway, the whites of non-specific ethnic origin who have been in this country for several generations are interspersed amongst these areas. It's as though we are trying to blend in, in our own country. Most of the whites in the District are actually spread out to the east of Surrey, into what I consider the redneck area.

A lot of the jobs in the various ethnocentric parts of the city require that you speak mandarin or some other non-english/french languages.

I take the bus everywhere in the city and I've made a bit of a study of this because sometimes it can be a bit uncomfortable. Most buses I take around here are usually filled, but you'll be lucky if a quarter of the people on them are white.

A lot of the conversations you will hear around town are not in English. Over 50% of the people I work with in my 15000 employee company are of Asian descent.

Most of our gangland activity is of a non-white origin. Except the Hell's Angels and the Bacon Brother's group but they are actually a small minority but nasty all the same. And the gangs are starting to fight amongst themselves now.

So, you can't tell me that it's just the white people who are racially motivated. Anytime we have people immigrate here, the first thing they do is settle in their specific culturally predominate area. And I will bet that within 10 years, the non-rich white people are going to be driven out into the wilds of British Columbia through attrition and we can't say a damn thing about it.

Welcome to Vancouver Canada.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another interesting point that helped start racism is back in the 1800's in Europe a sun tan was considered unhealthy and dangerous, people would avoid the sun. People were very pasty white in those days. Of course just like now this idea was spread by the media and the ignorant populations fell for it.

So when whites first came in contact with Africans they were already predisposed to hate dark skin through fear of bad health, and other media claimed 'evils'.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
"White Trash"

sounds just as racist as the folks you are condeming, the whole thing sound like a set up for for the protest crowd , Prescot Arizona is like 93 percent white, makes no sense for the mural to be painted the way it was , it certainly doesnt represent the racial makeup of the school.

Maybe it represents the racial makeup of the kids who ride the bus?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join